Final

Another Typical Family

"Jaebum! Have you seen my shirt?" Youngjae walked out of their room shirtless, jeans hung low on his hips and headed towards the kitchen, where Jaebum had been preparing breakfast. Jaebum turned around to face Youngjae, and despite seeing Youngjae countless of times shirtless ( and even more than that ), Jaebum still found himself staring and admiring his husband lean and smooth body. "Jaebum, please. Stop staring. You've seen more than this before. Now tell me, have you seen my favourite shirt?" Jaebum snapped out of his trance and closed his eyes, pretending to think. Although he really wanted to mentally find Youngjae's shirt, but he couldn't help it but imagined Youngjae’s body on their bed. He could feel his coming, so he quickly walked past Youngjae and went to their room to find the shirt. "Jaebum, you can't just leave the kids there!" Youngjae exclamined as he followed Jaebum. Jaebum looked over his shoulder and said, "Can you please look after them for a while?" Youngjae was left with no choice but to go to the kitchen and finished whatever Jaebum was doing earlier.

 

Jaehan was seated on his high chair, knocking the table with a spoon. Jaebum probably gave that to stop him from wailing so loud in the morning. Jaemin was nowhere in sight. Maybe he was still in bed; it was only 7 in the morning anyway. Youngjae levelled his eyes with Jaehan and made kissy faces at him. Jaehan giggled as Youngjae picked him up and walked out of the kitchen with Jaehan on his hip. “Let’s wake your hyung up okay?” As a sign that Jaehan agreed with that, he smacked Youngjae’s forehead with the spoon he’s been holding.

 

“Ouch! Im Jaehan! Why did you do that? Give me the spoon.” Youngjae grabbed the spoon from his son’s hand and Jaehan immediately sobbed and his lips quivered. Youngjae sighed, and before Jaehan could bawl his heart out, Youngjae gave him his spoon back. He opened the door to his oldest son’s room and saw Jaemin cuddling with his plushies. His heart melted at that sight and he leaned on the door frame, hesitating on waking Jaemin up since he didn’t look like he’ll be waking up anytime soon. But considering that they’re having their family day out today, he stepped into the room and sat on the bed, caressing Jaemin’s soft fluffy hair with his free hand. He put Jaehan down on the bed and the one-year-old was instantly occupied with one of his hyung’s plushies.

 

“Sweetheart, wake up.” He continued to Jaemin’s hair until the boy’s small eyes fluttered open. Youngjae smiled and kissed his forehead. “Wake up, baby. We’re going out today, remember?”

 

Jaemin rubbed his eyes with his small fist and stared at Youngjae. “Daddy, why aren’t you wearing any shirt? You might catch a cold.”

 

“Aww, baby. I can’t find my shirt but appa’s looking for it now, so don’t you worry, okay? Now, why don’t you go get ready and come out to the kitchen so we can have breakfast together? Appa cooks today.” Jaemin beamed. He sat up on his bed and cuddled into Youngjae’s arms. “I like your body heat. It’s comforting.” Youngjae chuckled. Someone knocked on the door and Jaehan screamed when he saw his appa walking towards them. Jaebum shoved Youngjae’s favourite plain baby blue shirt into his hands and picked Jaehan up. Youngjae grinned. “Thanks, babe.”

 

“Wear your shirt now. I don’t want us to change the plan of going out and stay at home instead. I also don’t plan on us to be locked in our room all day. I especially don’t plan on ing you all day because you have to work tomorrow and I don’t want you to go to office all sore an—“

 

Jaebum stopped abruptly when he saw Youngjae’s face filled with horror and Jaemin looking at him all confused. He cleared his throat and averted his gaze from Youngjae’s.

 

“Breakfast ready in 5 minutes.”

 

Youngjae was helping his five-years-old son wearing his pants when suddenly Jaemin asked, “Daddy, what does appa meant just now? Are we not going out? Why did appa said he didn’t plan for you both to be locked up in your room all day? What are you guys going to do in there?” Youngjae blushed bright red as Jaemin blinked his eyes confusedly at him.

 

“Erm, it’s… nothing. It’s… adult stuff.”

 


 

“Hey, babe. Need some help over there?” Youngjae was just cleaning the table and washing the plates after breakfast when Jaebum walked in. He smiled and shook his head.  “Nope, I’m fine. Almost finish. Why don’t you look after the kids for a while and then we can go out?” Jaebum grabbed Youngjae by his waist and pulled him close.

 

“But I didn’t get my dessert yet.” Youngjae gave Jaebum a quick kiss that didn’t even last more than five seconds and pulled away. “There you go. Now, go to the living room and let me finish this up real quick.” Jaebum pouted. He closed the distance between their lips and let his lips hovered over Youngjae’s.

 

“I’m already seeing you shirtless this morning. At least give me a proper kiss.”

 

Jaebum kissed Youngjae. The latter resisted at first, but slowly Jaebum felt Youngjae’s lips melted into his. Jaebum’s hand reached up and tangled into Youngjae’s hair and the former felt the rumble of a soft moan escaped his lips. Tilting his head, Jaebum deepened the kiss and traced his tongue over Youngjae’s lips. He let his teeth gently grazed Youngjae’s bottom lip.

 

“Appa!”

 

“Ouch! Im Jaebum!” Youngjae pulled away quickly as Jaebum accidentally bit his lip hard. Youngjae touched his lip and found it bleeding. He glared at his husband.

 

“Oh my god, babe, it’s bleeding.”

 

“Yeah, thanks to you.”

 

“It’s not entirely my fault! Jaemin screamed for me! I was shocked! It’s unintentional!”

 

Youngjae rolled his eyes. “Whatever. Go get the kids. We’re leaving in 5 minutes. And I’m not kissing you anytime soon.” Jaebum sighed.

 

“I’m sorry, babe. It must’ve hurt. Want me to kiss it better?”

 

“What word in ‘I’m not kissing you anytime soon’ you don’t understand? Go away.”

 


 

The family spent the entire day together, watching a movie, grocery-shopping, buying everyone a few new clothes and having dinner at Jaemin’s favourite restaurant. They arrived home at 9 pm and the kids were fast asleep. Youngjae took the kids to their respective rooms while Jaebum unloaded their stuffs from the car. 15 minutes later, Jaebum was done unloading the groceries and placing them on the kitchen counter, but he didn’t saw Youngjae anywhere. He shuffled towards their bedroom but Youngjae wasn’t there. The toilet’s empty too. He walked past Jaemin’s room and saw both his husband and his son cuddled up on the bed. Youngjae’s arms were secured around Jaemin’s body and Jaemin got his arms around Youngjae’s neck. Jaebum might be feeling a little jealous because Youngjae got Jaemin’s love and Jaemin got Youngjae’s attention. Youngjae wasn’t sleeping properly as his legs were thrown off bed and he was close to falling down from the bed.

 

“Youngjae. Babe. Wake up, let’s sleep in our room. Why did you pass out here anyway?” Youngjae opened his eyes and yawned.

 

“Jaemin woke up and he wanted me to accompany him to sleep. He likes my body heat and apparently, I need some body heat too.” Youngjae smiled sleepily. He sat up on the bed and carefully shifted Jaemin’s sleeping position so that he’s sleeping properly.

 

“Let’s sleep in our room. I can give you a lot more body heat than Jaemin.” Jaebum dragged Youngjae out of their son’s room and the latter closed the door behind him. As soon as they got into their room, they quickly changed into their pyjamas and plopped down on the king-sized bed. Youngjae snuggled up into Jaebum’s chest and closed his eyes.

 

“You’re sleeping already, Jae?”

 

Youngjae hummed in response. “I’m so tired. The kids are too hyperactive today. I don’t know what’s gotten into them.” Jaebum caressed Youngjae’s hair softly. “Jaebum?”

 

“Hmm?”

 

“When was the last time you sang me to sleep?”

 

“I don’t really remember. I guess it had been a long time ago. Why?” Youngjae looked up into Jaebum’s eyes.

 

“Sing me to sleep.” Jaebum chuckled. “What are you, five?”

 

Youngjae playfully hit Jaebum’s chest. “Just sing, will you?”

 

 

The first thing I want to tell you, don’t hurt anymore
 

When you fall, I’ll be the first to hold out my hand
 

The second thing I want to tell you, don’t cry by yourself
 

I’ll protect your bright smile
 

I’m forever in your heart

 

 

“I’ve never heard this one before. Whose song is this?” Jaebum kissed the top of Youngjae’s head.

 

“Mine.” Youngjae sat up and looked at Jaebum. “You’re lying.”

 

Jaebum leaned forward and kissed Youngjae softly. “No. It really is mine. It’s my song. From me. To you.”

 

Youngjae blinked his eyes to prevent the tears from falling. “Really?” Jaebum nodded.

 

“It’s the least I can do to thank you for coming into my life.”

 

“Jaebum, I’m the one who’s supposed to thank you for coming into my life. If I didn’t meet you that night, I might have been buried at the bottom of Han River by now. Thank you for taking me in when I was so near to killing myself back then. Thank you for guiding me to get out of my problematic life. Thank you for saving me from jumping off the bridge. Thank you for giving me this wonderful family. Thank you for loving me. Thank you so much, for everything.” Jaebum cupped Youngjae’s face and wiped his tears.

 

“Shh, don’t mention it. That’s in the past. We don’t have to remember it anymore. All we got to do right now is focus on our life. We’ve got amazing kids, and although they’re not biologically ours, but at least we’ve saved them from their abusing parents. We both got spectacular jobs and we made more than enough money for our family. Our life is perfect, right?”

 

Youngjae nodded. They were going to continue with their cuddling session when the door to their room creaked open and revealed a sleepy Jaemin. He held his giraffe plushie in one hand and walked to the bed.

 

“Daddy, can I sleep with you tonight? I’m tired but I can’t fall asleep.”

 

“Sure, sweetheart. Come on up.” When Youngjae found little Jaemin had difficulties climbing up the rather tall bed, he picked him up and placed him between his daddies. He was straightaway cuddled against Jaebum’s chest and fell asleep instantly. Jaebum gave Youngjae one last kiss and kissed his son’s forehead before switching off the bedside lamp.

 

 

Life couldn’t have been any better.


this was typed at 3 in the morning and i'm supposed to wake up at 6. my life.