Final.

last a lifetime

Jinki and Jonghyun were laying at the bed, arms wrapped around each other. It was rare for them to have some for themselves considering that they are members of SHINee, which meant packed schedules and little time for each other. So both of them were savoring the moment. Enjoying the warmth radiating from each other, feeling the steady beating of their hearts, and talking about everything and nothing.

At one point, they ran out of things to talk about. so they settled with silence, the only sound that can be heard are their breathing and Jinki's occasional humming.

"Jinki."

"Hmm?"

"Can you sing me a song?"

"Sure Jjong. Which song do you want me to sing?"

"Any song will do."

And so, Jinki started humming to a song he heard somewhere. He wasn't sure if Jonghyun knew the song. He didn't know if he understood the song. But did it matter? All he wants is to convey his feelings through the song. He started singing. The look of confusion on Jonghyun's face tells that he didn't know the song. But like he said earlier, it didn't matter.

"We're only getting older, baby
And I've been thinking about it lately
Does it ever drive you crazy
Just how fast the night changes?
Everything that you've ever dreamed of
Disappearing when you wake up
But there's nothing to be afraid of
Even when the night changes
It will never change me and you"

During that part of the song, Jinki held Jonghyun's hand, looking straight at the latter's eyes. as if to say "I truly mean this. This is a promise I intend to keep."

After singing the song, silence engulfed the room once again.

"Jjong?"

"Yeah?"

"That song is our song."

"We've known each other for what, more than ten years? So much has changed. But if there's something that will never change, it's you and I. My love for you will remain the same. It won't wither with time. It'll last through this lifetime. This, I promise you."

When he was done with his little speech, he was surprised with the wetness on his shirt. He lifted Jonghyun's head up so he was staring directly into his eyes.

"Why? Why're you crying? Did I say something wrong?"

"No. It's just that, what you said was so sweet and full of promise and I can't help but be emotional."

Jinki chuckled at that. His boyfriend was too cute. He ruffled Jonghyun's hair and pressed a gentle kiss on his head.

"I love you Jjong."

"I love you too, Jinki."

They ended night wrapped around each other's arms, whispering to each other promises of love that will last a lifetime. 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------

my first jongyu one shot. and it was very short. i'm sorry. i wrote this while i was at the hospital. tell me what you think? :)