I'll Wait For You

My Answer

 

The instrumental introduction of the song starts playing and all members close their mouths, eyes trained on Baekhyun, Kyungsoo and Suho. Kyungsoo takes in a deep breath, trying to ignore the stares directed his way, and stares at the paper containing the lyrics in his hand. Baekhyun starts off slow and soft, filling the otherwise quiet room.

I may seem strong, I may be smiling
But there are many times when I’m alone
I may seem like I don’t have any worries
But I have a lot to say

Kyungsoo frowns at the lyrics and resists to raise his gaze. He opens his mouth and out came his angelic voice.

The moment I first saw you, I was so attracted to you
I didn’t weigh out my thoughts and just talked

Kyungsoo closes his eyes and smile, his mind conjuring up an image of the first time he saw that child with tanned skin, black hair and plump lips.

The answer is you

Jongin.

My answer is you

Kim Jongin is his answer.

I showed you my everything
You are my everything, because I was so sure

"Jongin."

Jongin turns to look at him, a smile creeping onto his features. "Yeah?"

I should’ve been more careful, I should’ve saved myself

Kyungsoo fidgets with his hands. "I- uhh." Kyungsoo looks down to stare at his fingers. The younger's face and smile does nothing but to make him even more nervous. "Iactuallylikeyoualotlikemorethanfriends." Kyungsoo says in one breath, takes in another and speaks again, just as fast. "I'mnotaskingyoutolikemebackoranything." Kyungsoo's eyes prickle with tears, the thoughts of the awkward atmosphere that is bound to fall upon them filling his head. "I just needed to get that out of me, please don't get awkward. Forget that I said anything. Please, please, please."

So I wouldn’t get hurt

Kyungsoo looks up and finds Jongin sending him a face he can't read. He has always been able to read Jongin's thoughts. Kyungsoo's heart clenches.

I’ve never felt like this before, like my breath will stop

Kyungsoo gets ready to bolt out of the room when Jongin breaks into the biggest grin. Kyungsoo stays glued in his seat.

My head is filled with thoughts of you

"I like you too, hyung."

Your face, the sound of your laughter

Kyungsoo scowls and hits the tanned male's arm. "You got me worried there!" Jongin laughs the laugh Kyungsoo is so fond of. "I thought you were angry."

The answer is you (That is you)

Kyungsoo opens his eyes.

My answer is you (Only you)

He raises his gaze and finds Jongin looking back at him.

I showed you my everything
You are my everything, because I was so sure

Jongin flashes him a smile as their eyes lock.

I couldn’t say that I’ve waited for you
So I’m writing then erasing
Being curious about your day takes up all of my day

"But, hyung... I don't think I'm ready for a relationship." Kyungsoo nods, his gaze back to his fingers on his lap. "Being an idol... It's... It's going to be tough."

I’ll wait for you, you you you

Kyungsoo nods again. "Yeah." Kyungsoo hates how his voice fails to hide his disappointment. "Yeah, I- I understand." I can wait, Kyungsoo fails to say this thought aloud.

Open your heart, you you

Kyungsoo sends a small smile back to Jongin.

I can’t help my heart
You are my everything
It’ll be forever, my love

Kyungsoo holds Jongin's gaze as he sings, indirectly telling the younger things he couldn't voice on his own.

(Oh I’m nothing)
Don’t leave, just let me stay by your side
(Just let me stay by your side)
No matter how much I think about it (oh it’s you)

Kyungsoo purses his lips and breaks the eye contact, opting to stare at his shoes instead.

Because it’s you
It’s you
It’s you

Kyungsoo closes his eyes as his mind circles on one certain topic only.

Jongin.

 

 

 

The sound of a sharp, loud clap breaks Kyungsoo out of his thoughts. He opens his eyes as the claps got louder and finds the rest of the members on their feet, walking towards the three singers.

Kyungsoo forces a smile.

"I think you got a bit emotional there, hyung."

Kyungsoo turns around with a jump. He finds Jongin looking down at him, a smirk plastered on his face. "Shut up."

But Jongin does the complete opposite. "Especially during the waiting part."

Kyungsoo sends the younger a glare. "Jongin." Embarrassed, Kyungsoo looks away.

Jongin leans, his mouth hovering over Kyungsoo's ear and whispers.

"But I don't think you have to wait anymore."