Uneasiness

When Will I See You Again?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Krystal’s PoV:

 

I nervously sit in my seat. My legs are bouncing up and down. My fingers are drumming on the coffee cup that is half-empty.

Where is she?

She promised to meet me here. I know it’s a Jung thing to be fashionably late (or maybe she slept in), but I didn’t expect her to be this late.

I check my watch. There’s going to be an hour and a half until the lunch rush comes in.

Jessica Jung, you better have a good explanation.

“Sorry I’m late~” The waited guest finally said. She leaned down and gave me a kiss on the cheek. She sat in front of me.

“Hey.” I say. “How’s it going?”

“It’s a process.” She sighs. She probably talking about some business venture. I don’t really understand the whole thing. I raise my hand for a waiter or waitress to come by. “I’m flying to New York to attend a fashion show and SM actually got me a gig.”

I waitress came and Jessica ordered whilst speaking with an English accent. I internally giggled at how silly she sounded.

When the waitress left, I continued our conversation. “Gig?”

She inhaled a sharply and held her breath for a long time. “Yup.”

I was waiting for more. “As in an acting job? Or modeling? Or is this another business partner?”

The waitress came and Jessica stalled by taking a sip of whatever she ordered. I raised my brow. Who was is this time? A Hollywood hit starring Brad Pitt? A modeling stint for Ralph Lauren or Cosmopolitan? Making a coalition with American Eagle to produce a new line of perfume? She was making me feel excited and jealous.

“Singing.” She looked me in the eye.

I tried to show a poker face. Singing? Why?

“Earth to Krystal~ Are you going to repond?” Jessica spoke in English. A flick to my head took me out of a trance.

How should I even respond? Isn’t it kinda early to going back into the music industry? I’m really happy for you? “Sorry. I just… wasn’t expecting that.” I said honestly.

“I know what you’re thinking, but it’s nothing big. Some producer just wanted to test some vocals. It’s just a test drive. If he likes it, maybe we’ll record something.” She drank more of her coffee.

I just nodded my head. I drank more of my coffee.

“So what’s up with you dongsaeng?” Jessica asked. I’m surprised by how much she was talking. She must be really excited. “Is f(x) planning anything? I heard Amber is coming out with a mini-album.”

“Yeah. Nothing’s happening yet.” I was going to talk more, but I was worried I was going to have to tell her about Taeyeon.

You see. Not everything has been fixed.

“It hasn’t been announced, but Sulli returned and we’re trying to talk about what’s happened.” I spoke cautiously. “I think Victoria is going to film a Chinese movie. I’m not sure what Luna’s doing. I think she’s planning to rest.”

Jessica just nodded her head. She probably noticed the tension around me. “Sorry. I’m tired from a photoshoot and audition I had today, but I’m really glad to see you before

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter