Late Autumn ♡

Late Autumn ♡ [One Shot]

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjkMvwmJ1tc

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Oh my God, there he is! I see him walk down the hallway with big and slightly stressed steps. As he passes the plain lockers, the magic inside my heart starts.

Suddenly, the hallway isn’t as grey and boring as usual, no, they have this gentle glow and they almost seem to sparkle with sunlight. I can feel that familiar warmth in my chest, I can feel it trickle through every single inch of my body and a thrill runs down my spine. How can he be so perfectly gorgeous?

A smile takes form on my usually frowning lips while I watch him from afar. It really is hard to believe that a human can actually be THAT amazingly beautiful.

I glance at the date showing on my cellphone.

February the 14th.

It’s been three years since I made that promise. I have to tell him, today. I have to tell him that he has been the reason for me to wake up every morning, the reason I go to school, just to be able to see him. Gosh, I’ll graduate soon; I HAVE to let him know!

“Aish, Choi Soomin!” I bark in an irritated voice at myself. “Today might be your last chance, just do it!”

With hurried steps, I walk up to him, and with every step I take, I feel how both my nervousness and expectations build up. As I get closer to him, I feel like I have a ticking bomb inside my chest.

“Kyuhyun…” I whisper with a voice filled with anxiousness.

He doesn’t hear me.

With a trembling hand I reach out and touch his shoulder to get his attention. He turns around.

“Oh, hi, Soomin-ah!” he smiles at me. Oh, he would only know what that smile does to my heart.

I clench my fist in determination and gather up all possible courage. It’s now or never.

Slowly, without knowing where to set my eyes, I open my mouth.

“I-I.. uhm…” I hear myself stutter. “Today is Valentine’s Day and everything… and… and I just wanted… uhmm…” My voice dies out. Why is this so hard? I take a deep breath and unlock my heart. I turn my head up and with sincere eyes; I look straight into Kyuhyun’s.

I love you.”

Now it’s done. Now I’ve told him.

Kyuhyun stares back at me. I can see all the color disappear from his angelic face, and a burning heat starts climbing up my neck. No, please… He has a tortured expression on his face, and doesn’t answer.

“I uuh… I just… wanted to tell you, to let you know” I start mumbling. “It’s not like I’m hoping anything, I mean I know there’s a few years between us and all, but it’s hard to control your heart and uhmm...” I don’t know what to say anymore.

The silence lies heavy between us.

Then I hear Kyuhyun sigh. “Soomin, Soomin, Soomin…”

I can unintentionally feel my hands start to tremble  and my heart beat to its limits when he says my name. He continues:

“Don’t get upset, but you and me… would be fully unacceptable, I’m your teacher for God’s sake! It just wouldn’t work…” He looks at me with hard, sharp eyes. Unreadable and piercing, cutting wounds in my heart.

He holds my eyes until he notices the tears forming in my eyes, threatening to spill.

Suddenly his expression softens and for a second he seems almost apologetic, but just as fast, he turns his face away, frustrated.

“I’m sorry”.

And then he leaves. The only things that’s left is the pain, and the cliché-phrase ‘… and it felt like my heart would break’ runs through my head.

 

*******************************************

 

Brrrrrrriing~! I hear the school bell go off. I gather my things and decide to go get some chocolate. I need it, I need that comfort.

Through the whole walk down to the store the image of Kyuhyun’s tortured, but still breathtaking, face remains like a band aid on my mind, together with those repeating words of his. Fully unacceptable. Two simple words… Not even a complete sentence. But I get what he meant. And it hurts. It hurts so badly. The pain is tearing up a hole in my chest and I feel like I’m on the edge of losing myself in that hole. It even makes it hard to pay for the chocolate. My hands a shaking so.

As I get out on the street I can hear Kyuhyun’s voice calling my name. I shut my eyes as a new wave of pain hit my heart. I shake my head to keep myself conscious. Am I starting to imagine voices? I wonder to myself as I hear him call my name again.

With wobbly legs I turn around and walk towards the bus-stop.

But something make me freeze.

“Soomin? Are you okay?”

Oh God, he’s here.

As I turn my face to meet his, I drop the chocolate on the ground.

He’s looking back at me with that amazing smile, and those genuine eyes. Sorrow and happiness are fighting inside me.

“Soomin-ah, I think we need to talk” Kyuhyun continues as he comes closer.

With a careful nod I keep torturing myself by getting hypnotized in his eyes. Those eyes are probably going to make me smile or cry at any second.

“I don’t really know how to say this, but after you… uhm, told me that you liked me-“

“Wrong, I love you.” I suddenly interrupt with a stern whisper.

That sad and hurt expression is all over his face again and I feel my heart crack. I angrily wipe the treacherous tears that are running down my cheeks. The sudden anger seems to have a grip on my vocal cords as I tell him with a clear voice:

“You know what? I might be an immature little brat to you, and I’ll know that you’ll probably never respond my feelings, but no matter how painful it is, no matter what anyone else says, I’ll continue love you. Hate me as much as you want, but I know that I can’t erase my feelings, not even if I want to.”

I fall silent as I got no more words to speak. The resentment pours out and I feel my already swollen eyes fill with new tears.

But then I feel myself being pulled into a warm embrace. It’s him, holding me in his arms. I can smell his scent and feel his warmth so close. I feel his chest rise slightly as he takes a deep breath.

“Have I ever said that I hate you?” He questions. “Do you really think that you’re the only one in pain, being in love with someone who is so far out of your reach? Do you have any idea how hard this stupid teacher has fallen for his student?”

I look at him in surprise. His honest eyes captures mine and I can tell that they are expressing his true feelings, those feelings that make my heart skip a beat.

He smiles.

With a content sigh, I smile back and let my eyelids fall.

The touch of his lips against mine makes my heart close that hole, and a feeling of pure happiness takes over.

As he pulls away he takes my hands in his. I can’t help but blush a little bit. Is this really happening?

“You know, I’ll be graduating soon… Do you think we’ll be able to be together then?” I shyly ask him.

“Do you even have to ask that?”

I already know the answer. Finally.

 

With an affectionate hug we separate.

As I walk to my bus I can’t stop smiling. I can feel the love Kyuhyun left within me, and it is making me the happiest person alive. The surroundings seem foggy as I replay his confession in my head.

“SOOMIN-AH!!!!!!”

I hear him yell my name.  With a tender smile I turn around. He looks scared out of his guts, his eyes are filled with so much fear I don’t even… Wait? What’s that honking sound?

Suddenly I hear the sound of screeching wheels.  Something hits my back with so much force it sends me flying in the air. As I collide with the ground, I once again hear Kyuhyun call my name. Once again I can feel the warmth of his arms and I hear his voice telling me over and over again. “I love you”. My lips turn into a peaceful smile. “I love you too, Cho Kyuhyun.

 

And then everything turns black.

 

 

The End.

 

Thanks for reading^^