; One

Street Diversion

Yeonhee groaned as she woke up and realised that, again, she fell asleep between the stacks of textbooks, novels, and dictionaries last night. With the fact that her school’s monthly evaluation was nearing, seeing Yeonhee sleeping with books by her side and her desk as her bed in disguise was not an unfamiliar sight, she even got this habit from seeing her mom doing this almost everyday in her younger days which eventually grew as a habit for Yeonhee too.

After unplugging her phone from the phone dock she quickly dashed to the bathroom, noticing that she was late by 3 minutes today. Aish why didn’t mom wake me up again, she knew i couldn’t stand being late she grumpily thought as she began to relax a bit by the warm water that trickled down her body.

 

 

“You’re 3 minutes late today,” Yeonhee’s father stated obviously and only earned a Yeonhee rolling her eyes as a response.

Without wasting any more time, she bid her parents goodbye and ran towards her car.

The journey from her house to her school took about at least 45 minutes which hadn’t been a problem for Yeonhee until today. She actually had complained to her parents and asked them to permit her to stay in Gangnam just on weekdays, so that she wouldn’t have to experience something like today.

Spending money for a house or an apartment for her to stay in Gangnam wouldn’t be a fuss for her parents. The idea of Yeonhee staying there alone, along of course with a maid to take care of the house, was.

Being the overprotective parents they were, they certainly was outraged by the idea, and being the obedient child­­­–as how her parents always saw and thought she was– Yeonhee just followed everything that her parents told her to, which became a disadvantage for her at this point.

I shouldn’t be thinking like this. Why should I think them in a negative way, they’re your parents after all. Yeonhee just shook her head and was immediately back to the reality.

But do I really always have to be that obedient child that they love.

 

Soon, her car started to enter the Dongdaemun area, that on this hour was already crowded by people.

So this is what happens if I’m late by 3 minutes. She was indeed mesmerised by the situation that she was looking at now.

The car pulled to a stop at a traffic light for the nth time, as Yeonhee supposed, she hated that she had to waste some minutes and wait for a freaking lamp that had 3 coloured lights to turn from red to green, but then again she would also hated if there was no traffic lights and the street would be messier than it was today.

Still mesmerised by the amount of pedestrians that came and go along the street, she accidentally pressed the window button, and with that, the sounds of the streets crept into her car.

Yes, it was very loud. Why wouldn’t it be?

But behind the noise of engines and hurried steps of people, she heard a faint sound that didn’t quiet belong to other busy sounds on the road. A singing voice. It took Yeonhee a while to finally noticed a busker with his guitar, singing passionately but unfortunately earned no attention from the pedestrians near him.

Yeonhee then quickly closed the car window as the vehicle started to move again.

A slight smile crept up on her face and for the first time in forever, she didn’t feel bad being late.


 

 

 

AAAY I FINALLY FINISHED A CHAPTER

claps at myself.

I hope you guys like it because I worked really hard on this chapter as it is the first one. lol.

I know it's super short but... well....

 

See you on the second chapter tho. haha. I promise the second chapter will be muuuuch longer than this.

 

Toodles