Final

Dark Paradise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dark Paradise

 

“Everytime I close my eyes

It's like a dark paradise

No one compares to you

I'm scared that you won't be waiting on the other side”

 

 

“All my friends ask me why I stay strong

Tell 'em when you find true love it lives on

Ahhh, that's why I stay here”

 

 

Lyrics from Lana Del Rey’s Dark Paradise

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Will you be having dinner with me tonight?” A certain blonde petite girl asked a tall man.

“No, I’m sorry but we have a gig later. So sleep early and don’t wait for me okay?”

The woman nodded, trying to ignore the sadness that it is eating her up. The man looked at his wife for a moment and he let out a gentle smile before hugging the small frame.

“Next week, why don’t we go eat in ahjumma’s place okay? And let’s go watch that movie you are waiting for.” And as if something magical had happened, the small girl smiled as she hugged her husband.

“We are really going to do that?” The girl excitedly asked her husband, the latter responded with a nod and kissed his wife on the top of her head.

“Promise.”

 

 

“So, I talked to Mino already and he said that he will send us all the stuffs next week. I expect you to come with me ‘Yeol.’ A smooth but masculine voice can be heard through the soundproof room. In the background, there is a gentle acoustic guitar that can be heard.

A nod.

“What day next week?”

“Maybe Wednesday.”

A small deer-like boy entered the room gracefully. He is small but his charisma is no joke. He can be mistaken as a girl but he is nowhere near soft in the way he handles his bandmates.

“How about we go cover some Imagine Dragons?” The new comer asked.

“It’s cool for me.” A puff of smoke came out from the perfect lips of a tall blonde male.

“Wu ing Kris, how many times I told you that ‘No Smoking’ in my studio.”

The other raised his hands and threw the cigarette on the ground and stepped on it like it is some kind of a dirty insect.

“So, Suho—how many bucks this time?”

“Hmmm… hundred, I guess? They are giving us some extra tonight. And you gotta check out his daughter. Smoking Hot.”

Kris, the bassist shook his head while looking at their friend slash manager.

“Please tell me what song you want me to sing ‘cause I will throw s right now. And Chanyeol please… I need your attention and Yixing stop faces already and take your girl out of the room already. Don’t let me drag her.” The deer-like boy said in authority. His hands are now folded on his chest and it is obvious the he is getting impatient and mad already.

Chanyeol, the tall male smiled at their vocalist while sliding his phone on his pocket. While the man named Yixing smiled sheepishly at his bandmate before taking the hand of his girlfriend and leading her out of the studio, but not before making out on the door frame.

“Listen to me s, I am tired tonight and you are all so dumb so gather up and let’s rock and roll.”

“Luhan seriously?”

“Shut up kris.”

Music filled the room, Suho sat on the sofa while reading a magazine but his ears are all for the band. Chanyeol comfortably sat in front of the drums, eyes closed as he feels the beat. Every time his drumsticks make contact on the drums, he can’t help but to feel the pride. Yes, he is the heartbeat of the band. Luhan would occasionally grab the microphone stand as he hits some high note, but would go continue playing on his guitar after a while. Yixing, with his sleepy look is still handsome, especially the way how he strums the strings of his lead guitar. With his long and smooth fingers, all fan girls goes crazy. The tall awkward man nodded his head together with the way his bass beats. He would smirk every time the song reach chorus—it’s a habit already.

A band that is formed when they were still high school; and now, even though they are already on their mid-30’s they still enjoy the music. Girls and guys would still swoon whenever they will perform.

After rehearsing six songs, the guys went out to eat some midnight snack and have some glass of soju.

“I’ll pass, Bom is waiting for me.” Luhan announced to his friends.

“Whipped.” Kris teased.

“Shut up Kris.” The smaller spat back and he his heels while waving.

“How about you Chanyeol? Will you bail out tonight? Dara might be waiting for you.” Yixing asked or more like teased and challenged his dear friend.

“I told her already that I will be going home late tonight so don’t worry guys.”

The others high-fived each other before settling themselves on the table.

“It’s on me tonight.” Suho proclaimed while he played the bills on his hand.

“It’s always on you Suho, so stop it.” Kris said, gulping down the whole glass of soju.

“Yeah right.” The other whispered.

Hours passed, and a group of drunken males can be seen walking like a zombie on the street. Kris’ shaking hands grabbed something from his pocket and he shoves it harshly in his nose, inhaling it. The street is dark, it is already passed midnight. Chanyeol, with his blurry vision managed to hold onto Kris, the latter smiled before giving Chanyeol what he have.

And just like from the past few weeks, Chanyeol felt like he is stronger than ever.

 

 

“That’s what you get when you drink like there is no tomorrow.” Dara shook her head while staring at her husband who is sprawled on the bathroom’s floor, puking everything that he had eaten last night. The petite woman is gently patting the back of the taller.

“I feel like dying.” Chanyeol said with a hoarse voice.

“Drink some of this, it lessens the pain.” Dara said with a gentle smile. She carefully placed the glass in front of Chanyeol’s lips and the other groaned as he took a sip from it.

“Go outside and have some fresh air.”

Chanyeol nodded, the girl went outside of the bathroom for a moment to prepare her husbands’ stuffs.

“Also take a bath yeol’ you smell bad.”

 

Two tall figures entered a hotel room from the outskirts of the twon, they are now kilometers away from their real homes but both don’t care. As they heard a gentle knock, one of them stood from the couch and opened the door. Three people came inside the room, one male and two females.

“What took you so long?”

“Oh, come on why are you so hot headed tonight? Go sit first, and I will give to you the stuffs.”

The man fumbled to open his duffel bag, and he smirked as hew the package that is carefully wrapped in Manila paper.

“Here it is, oh and by the way—I won’t be able to give you some for the next two weeks. The group have been experiencing some inner conflict. So Kris and Chanyeol, don’t contact me next week or we will be doomed.” His deep voice echoed through the room, the yellow-ish light of the room makes his tan skin even more golden.

Kris swift his hands against his smooth blonde locks, he his lips as he stared the package. He grabbed his leather wallet and took some bills and threw it on the man across him.

“Thanks, now I should get going… enjoy.” After that, the man immediately went outside the room.

Kris looked at their two guests and he guided one of them inside the bathroom, not long after; Chanyeol can already hear some moans.

“So big boy, how do you wanna play?” The girls asked in a seductive tone.

Chanyeol gulped as the woman took a step closer to him and harshly sat on his lap and grabbed his hair. He tried to push the woman off him because all he can think of is Dara, images of his wife flashes in every corner of his brain.

“Don’t act like you don’t want it.” The stranger woman’s voice filled his whole being.

The tall man clearly does not know what to do.

And at the corner of his eyes, he saw Kris walked outside of the bathroom with a girl. Both are now wearing a robe.

“Shove him some of those sweets, it will work.” Kris said to the woman with a wink, then proceeds on making-out with the other girl.

Chanyeol frowned towards his friend. And all of a sudden, there is slight pain on his biceps. The woman injected something on him. Soon, he felt like his world is revolving. He can’t see clearly, and he felt an extreme heat inside of him.

 

The tall black haired man kissed every part of the girl. He let the ecstasy ride over him, he never felt so good. Kris watched his friend as the other bang the girl. The blonde knows that Chanyeol will regret it as soon as he woke up from his high, but he just loves seeing his friend in cloud nine. His friend has been going in thru a lot the past few years.

It all started when he learned that his wife, Dara can’t conceive a child. And then, Chanyeol almost lost it all as his parents got divorced despite of their age. And one big hit for Chanyeol is when he saw his wife with Donghae, Dara’s ex-lover.

Kris saw it all.

Kris saw how broken Chanyeol is, he is the one who is with him in the bar every night drinking his heart out since he can’t take all the pain anymore. He is also the one with Chanyeol as the other planned to commit suicide through a car accident.

And all Kris can think of is he wanted to help Chanyeol.

And he can’t of ways to help his friend except this one.

To make Chanyeol forget, even just for a while.

 

 

Dara opened the door as she heard someone rang their doorbell, there she saw two people wearing corporate dress.

“Good afternoon Mrs. Park, We are from DEA, I hope our office have called you already regarding our visit today.” The woman said in a polite tone. Dara nodded with a smile and she guided the woman and her companion inside the house.

“I prepared tea, let me get it first and we can talk.” Dara said, the other two smiled and bowed at the petite woman.

As she went inside the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter