Final

Everything's Blue
 
Since birth, Jaehwan's world is blue. Blue is the first thing he sees in the morning, when looking at the bright sky through the window above his bed, and the last thing he sees as he drifts into slumber, all wrapped up in his navy blanket ; blue is the only color in his closet, mixed up with black and white, also the only one painted on his walls, as clear as the sky itself, so that he always feels like he's in the clouds. Blue is the only color that has a meaning for him. It's the only color displayed on his pictures, else black and white, just like his clothes. Blue is Jaehwan's favourite colour, since it's the only one he can see.
 
Everywhere Jaehwan looks, there is only black, white, grey patterns, some times tainted in light blue, some others completely. Flowers are the most captivating, with their watery colors, standing out on the border of the road to Jaehwan, to cheer him when he's feeling a little too blue. Jaehwan's life is like an old movie, with dramatic black and white panels describing the melancholy and dullness of the existence, with grey clouds and dark waters, people moving in slow motion, staring into space. He isn't one of them, even if sometimes, buried deep into his bed, he dreams of a colourful life ; Jaehwan is the brightest thing that shines through life, even brighter than the clear-blue sky above his head.
 
Things come and go, as changing as clouds lazily pacing throughout the atmosphere, and Jaehwan takes it all as it hits him, rough and whole, living to the fullest, simply because he's young and he can. The only thing that doesn't change, however, is Wonshik. Sticking with him since pre-school and Jaehwan's very first failed tree painting -that was, weirdly enough, blue and orange- they had been in the same class every year until senior, where they sneaked up to meet behind the bleachers, eating gummy candies while talking nonsense. Now that they are both 20, they don't see each other at school anymore, but on evenings, when they both come back from work or college exhausted. They spend their spare-time together, nearly everyday. They are just thriving on each other's presence, and Jaehwan is happy about it, for his world revolves around Wonshik and him, their pointless activities and quiet conversation, their shared meals and endless fights upon video games.
 
Wonshik is fascinating in a way Jaehwan cannot yet describe, and probably never will be able to, by the way he looks at things so fondly, the sound of his voice when he just woke up, and plenty of other little things that, written on papers all lined up, could cover his bedroom's walls. Wonshik is a palette into Jaehwan's binary world, even more colourful than all the shades of blue Jaehwan knows.
 
"You say that because you can't grasp the proper concept of color", Wonshik laughs when he puts words on his thoughts, patting his face in a playful way.
 
"You say that because you can't grasp the concept of poetry", he deadpans, extensing his arm to shove his palm on the other's face as well.
 
They end up patting themselves all over, rolling on the floor while wrestling, until they knock the blue plastic cup Jaehwan drank in, spilling water everywhere.
 
"You're the worst.", Jaehwan whines, but Wonshik always grins in reply, bumping their forehead together.
 
Jaehwan can't honestly recalls since when Wonshik has taken such an important place in his life. He just knows that once upon a time, there wasn't any Wonshik, and that just after, he was there, doing everything with him. Whenever Jaehwan thinks of something about his past, Wonshik is involved, in some way -even if it's for saying he wasn't there yet.
 
Wonshik is there to help Jaehwan in pre-school, to choose the right colors for his drawings, even if he's too young to understand the concept of color-blind. He's also here to try to explain the concept of color, in vain, to him in 1st grade ; as well as everytime Jaehwan tries to do a puzzle. Weirdly enough, Jaehwan loves puzzles, even if always has a hard time solving them. They go shopping together, buying black and white and blue clothes to Jaehwan during the summer before highschool.
 
"How can I be sure you're not making me buy ugly things with weird colors on it?", he asks Wonshik as a joke.
 
"I guess you have to trust me".
 
He doesn't admit he does already.
 
On senior year, they gather at lunch, between classes, everytime they can to hang out together ; if there's one single thing that doesn't bother Jaehwan about school, it's Wonshik. Wonshik and his dishevelled hair that waits for him before and after school to walk with him, Wonshik who fixes his homework when it's not properly done and gives him tutoring session whenever he at something, Wonshik that makes him lunch one day out of two -they take turns- and always cook his favourites meals and color his rice in blue to make him laugh, Wonshik that leaves him blue sticky notes everywhere in the drab patterns of his school stuff, saying stupid sentences or drawing ugly things.
 
They graduate and Jaehwan's gift from Wonshik is a blue highlighter with a ribbon around -"so that's a gift"- but he can't complain since his gift to Wonshik is a framed blue and orange tree painting.
 
"Our gifts ", they agree, and settle on never offering non-spontaneous gifts.
 
They move in a flat together, where they make nearly everything blue. From the carpet to the tootbrushes, everything is in a certain shade of blue. They have  a blue TV they watch kid cartoons with ; Jaehwan likes them because there are always so much colors, there has to be some blue, and it's less sad to watch when there isn't just shades of black and white displayed on the screen. They have blue towels they have a hard time telling apart, blue curtains matching the white walls, blue plates and blue slippers. On the first day, when everything is still packed up, they buy a huge pot of bright blue water-based paint for Jaehwan's room walls. They spend the day painting it together. Eventually it ends up in a fight, white clothes becoming stained in blue, cheeks painted, and it happens just like that. Their first kiss.
 
At first it's only Wonshik pinning Jaehwan on the floor, threatening to paint his hair in blue, the two of them laughing and panting from all the wrestling.
 
"Let me go!", Jaehwan yells between two fits of laughter, squirming under his hold.
 
Wonshik lets out a low snicker. "Beg for my forgiveness first!"
 
But Jaehwan is all laughs because he's basically tickling him with the hand that isn't holding the brush, and can't properly pronounce something. Wonshik enjoys maybe a little too much having the other at his mercy, but he just likes it that much. Jaehwan grabs his hand to move it from his belly, entertwining their fingers in the process ; the second after, they are staring at each other, grinning, Jaehwan's eyes sparkling with tears that prickled during the whole tickle-thing.
 
Neither of them knows who's leaning in the first, accusing the other everytime the subject comes up. The more accurate version is them meeting halfway, pressing their lips together very chastly. Only the contact doesn't last very long, for they both burst out of laughter with their mouths still attached to each other, and that breaks them apart.
 
"I like you", wants to say Jaehwan, but the words get stuck in his throat because he's too dizzy to articulate something, and his heart is about to burst any minute now. Words don't sound good enough to describe the blooming feeling in Jaehwan's chest, anyway, neither to describe how Wonshik's touch make his insides sparkle. It might be love, or something close to, but Jaehwan doesn't bother to think about it as he grabs Wonshik by the nape to pull him closer for another kiss.
 
Many kisses come after. What starts with innocent pecks grow throughout the days in intense making-out session, and occasionnal love-making, or ing, Jaehwan never knows what name putting on it. Maybe there ain't one, for what they share is so much more, and so unfamiliar to everything he's ever read or heard of, but he doesn't bother to search further for some words to put it on ; he simply doesn't feel the need.
 
Jaehwan's room becomes their shared bedroom, Wonshik's becomes a playing area ; they buy fluffy rugs to lie on the floor, so that when they're rolling on it together, it feels soft, and a lots of pillows and blankets to cuddle in a whole room on rainy days. Everything's blue. Jaehwan gradually grows fond of sleeping together. He just loves to snuggle next to Wonshik, sticking his cold toes over the other's warm legs, burying his face in the crook of his neck to tickle him. He also happens to love watching him sleep. Wonshik is always the first one to fall in slumber, and the last to wake up, thus the alarming amount of pictures of him asleep there is in Jaehwan's phone.
 
"You're such a paparazzi.", he comments one day as Jaehwan is lying on his bed, head hanging, taking pictures of him upside down with his analog camera.
 
"You're just the best model. Handsome like that ; what is your secret Kim Wonshik?"
 
Wonshik chuckles, scratching the back of his head. "I the youth out of Lee Jaehwan's nose."
 
Jaehwan grins as the camera clicks once again, taking a snap of the other while he's laughing. He hopes he let it pause enough.
 
"Yah, you! Stop taking me!"
 
"I like you like that. You're handsome in black and white. And upside-down."
 
Next thing he knows, his camera is tossed aside on the fluffy carpet, Wonshik pulling him by the arms until he falls on the floor, laughing and wriggling against his hold. Wonshik has always been stronger, but it doesn't stop Jaehwan from fighting everytime, even if he keeps on losing. He never knows how they always end up kissing on the floor, limbs entangled and hands wandering all over their bodies, but he welcomes the familiar sensation like a fresh breath of air, exciting every fiber of him, making him curl his toes and flutter his eyelids.
 
"Fine", he pants, breaking the kiss for just a couple of seconds, "I admit it ; I like you either way."
 
"Shut up.", Wonshik chuckles, before sealing their lips together again.
 
 
Their first official date lasts a week. They settle on a road trip to the beach, at the end of the summer, where they basically spend their time playing around and kissing. They do all those clichés things, like watching the sun rise and set upon the sea, running on the beach splitting water everywhere, rolling in the sand while hugging. They spend their nights sleeping outside or uncomfortably snuggled against each other in the backseat of the car, cuddling until slumber takes over ; for a week they live out of love and fresh water -along with a significant amount of sweet potatoes.
 
"Everything's blue!", Jaehwan laughs at the sky, lying in the wet sand, by waves rolling back and forth. Above his eyes, there's blue everywhere ; to Jaehwan, blue starts to taste like hapiness.
 
Wonshik is standing before him, hiding the sun fom his eyes so that he won't be dazzled. "Get up, silly, and let's buy ice creams."
 
"I don't have legs anymore. I'm a starfish. Go get me the bluest ice cream of all, if you'd be so kind."
 
"Bluest isn't even a word.", Wonshik scoffs, but goes anyway to buy him one.
 
They are sitting together, feets in the water, when Jaehwan says it for the first time.
 
"You're making me speechless."
 
"How so?"
 
"I'm still trying to find words better than 'I love you'. And I'm struggling."
 
Wonshik laughs. To Jaehwan's ears, it's warmer than the sun kissing his wet skin.
 
"That ."
 
"You ."
 
"I know." Wonshik kisses him, the remains of the mint ice cream Jaehwan's been nibbling on for the past couple of minutes. "And this ice cream is disgusting."
 
"Yeah. I regret asking for it. At least it has a nice color."
 
"What do you know about colors anyway?"
 
"You're the worst."
 
"You love me."
 
"I don't-", Jaehwan starts, but he's cut by the other tackling him to the ground, rubbing their foreheads together.
 
"You said it! You love me! You love me!", Wonshik repeats like a kid, grinning from ear to ear, before they get splashed by a particulary big wave, washing their bodies over and making them choke on salted water. They roll over coughing, laughing like crazy ; soon salt and disgusting mint ice cream starts tasting like happiness too.
 
First date ends up with both of them sleeping non-stop for a day, too exhausted by their trip, and 20 000 won worth of litchi jelly on the way back.
 
 
Their second date is a puzzle-night. As much as Jaehwan at puzzles, he loves it, when all fall into place to create the right picture. Wonshik sees in it some form of masochism, but doesn't say anything though. Eventually around 3AM, Jaehwan is fed up with failing, and reach out for Wonshik's cuddles, that he is always eager to give. Jaehwan likes to kiss a lot, mouth parted, tongue tentatively running on Wonshik's lips ; one thing he also enjoys a lot is letting his hand wander on the other's abs, feeling the muscles roll up under the skin.
 
"Can puzzling count as ?", he whispers next to Wonshik's ear, trying to sound seductive ; however it ends up with the both of them giggling and trying to get on top of the other.
 
Of course Wonshik wins, as always, even if Jaehwan pretends he lost on purpose.
 
"You're the worst.", he scrunches his nose in an unfashionable way, making Wonshik chuckle as he's hovering above him.
 
"Shut up.", the latter commands, connecting their noses before leaning in closer to kiss him again, in a more passionnate way.
 
Jaehwan moans lightly when their bodies press against each other, and breaks the kiss, a bit breathless. "I don't before the fifth date.", he states in mock seriousness.
 
"Is that so?" Wonshik laughs once more, removing his shirt.
 
Jaehwan shrugs. "But I guess having you on top of me wouldn't do any harm."
 
Another kiss is laid down on his plumped lips as he runs his hands down the other's , hot to the touch. "Just shut up."
 
Second date ends up with a printed puzzle piece on Jaehwan's skin, and some carpet-cleaning the day after.
 
 
Their third date consists in the both of them dying each other's hair with the color they want ; "a sign of trust", as says so Jaehwan -"what interest is there when you don't even know what brown looks like?", Wonshik counters, but Jaehwan is quick to shut him up by a skillful wiggle of his when sitting on his lap. They go to the supermarket separately, keeping the color they will choose a secret until they will reveal it to the other. Wonshik still thinks it's a weird idea, but he would do anything to please his lover, even if it means walking around with strangely-dyed hair. He settles on dying Jaehwan's hair just a little lighter, because he kind of likes it already this way.
 
Jaehwan walks around the shelves without any idea of the meaning of the words he's reading. He doesn't know what's 'brown', or 'sand', or even 'chesnut'. The concept of other colors is impossible to grasp. He picks up the only package with a word he's familiar with, 'blue', and smiles to himself. For sure, Wonshik will look good like that.
 
Wonshik is sitting on the edge of the bathtub, uneasy, with Jaehwan in front of him applying hair dye on the top of his head after bleaching all of his hair. To keep the surprise, he is blindfolded, and guesses more than he sees the other's chest before his face. Jaehwan just got hair-dyed and rinsed up, towel delicately wrapped like a blue turban on his head. He bends over to do the hair near his nape, and he feels Wonshik pecking lightly his exposed chest.
 
"I didn't remove my shirt for you to disturb me!", he whines, although letting him continue.
 
"I'm sure you didn't.", Wonshik mocks, hands lying on each of Jaehwan's hips. He nibbles on the soft skin as Jaehwan is still applying hair dye on the last bit of his hair, making him whimper a bit.
 
"I'm done.", he breathes out, retrieving, while Wonshik is making his way lower, kissing his stomach. "We have to wait a bit for it to-" a strangled moan escapes his lips when he feels Wonshik mouthing him through the fabric of his pants. He wants to stop him by placing his hand on his head, but he can't because of the hair dye.
 
"Don't touch me", Wonshik warns even without seeing him move his hand ever-so-slighty. "You're gonna ruin it. Just wait. We have to wait, ain't that right?"
 
"You're the worst.", Jaehwan pants, just before a jolt of pleasure takes over his body.
 
Third date ends with hair dye all over Jaehwan's hands, and Wonshik's new blindfolded .
 
 
"Blue hair? Seriously?", Wonshik laughs as he dries his hair with the same towel as Jaehwan.
 
The latter grins in a lovely way, tilting his head to the side. "You're kinda hot like this."
 
"Why blue? Isn't there enough blue for you here?" Wonshik cups his face and gently squeeze his cheeks, earning a smack on the arm.
 
Jaehwan simply kisses him, too embarrassed to say the reason. He might do one day, he swears, he might say what he's been holding inside throughout all the years, what makes his heart yearns for Wonshik's presence ; but not today, not now, because he's young and embarassed, and cheesy things aren't his cup of tea, or at least not now. Because it strangely tastes like a forever and even though they've been here for each other since they were kids, it's only their third date, and Jaehwan doesn't want to sound like he's proposing when they are both so young and with so many years ahead of them.
 
 
One year passes by in a blink of an eye, and Wonshik's still blue, and Jaehwan still silly. They still fight over stupid things, eat disgusting mint ice cream they weirdly got addicted to, buy more blue clothes. Jaehwan is Wonshik's sunshine and Wonshik is Jaehwan's inspiration.
 
Wonshik is sleepless nights trying to do puzzles. Wonshik is every blue thing there is in the house: shampoo, towels, painted staircases, blanketsheets, cuttingboard. Wonshik is food colorant in every Jaehwan's birthday cake cream, blue gummy candy, blue rice. Wonshik is tossing around in bed when not feeling like doing anything. Wonshik is blue papernotes everywhere, on the mirror of the bathroom when he's taking a shower, on the fridge when he leaves earlier, on his forehead when he takes a nap in the middle of the day. Wonshik is kisses, cuddles, noses rubbing, forehead bumping. Wonshik is snuggling in the night, cold-feet warmer, occasionnal human-comforter. Wonshik is sleeping on the floor, building a pillow fort, sneaking in the kitchen to eat fruits at midnight. Wonshik is blue hair, endless sky, a closet full of matching clothes. Wonshik is neck scratching, taking pictures, finding each other's hand in the dark. Wonshik is the taste of saltwater, the warthm of the sun, the smell of fresh water-based paint. Wonshik is everything in Jaehwan's world.
 
 
Wonshik is everything and everything's blue.
 
 
FIN

Wonjae is such an adorable OTP I feel like crying ;;

sob sob gonna go back wrapping myself in the blanket of flufiness to cry my feels out

Pls do give some love to VIXX and Wonjae bc they deserve the love

See you when I recover from my feels overdose ;u;