1/1

The delivery problem

He doesn't consider himself too uptight but he really can't understand why people can't follow their damned schedules. Ok, he can understand that one can be late for a date or for work because the traffic is packed but he can't really comprehend why the DVD's he ordered one week ago haven't arrived yet.

It can be a little embarrassing to admit to admit it but he looks out of the window every five minutes just in case the delivery man will stop by. It has gotten to the point where his housemates ,  Wonshik and Hyuk, who are scared of him more often than not, are teasing him saying he resembles a huge house cat waiting for a treat.

He was making ramen for the three of them when the doorbell rang. He made a run for the door hoping to be the one to open it because he was one hundred percent sure it was his precious delivery.

He was a little out of breath when he opened it ( courtesy of the fact he is practically a living burito who refuses to go to the gym) but his ragged breath was cut short upon seeing who he previously thought was the mailman. Instead of the cranky middle aged man who always complained to Taekwoon about Whonshik answering the door and Hyuk trying to prank him there stood a boy with bubble gum pink hair, almond shaped chocolate brown colored beagle like eyes and the most handsome ( yet cute) dimpled smile he has ever seen in his 24 years of existence.

" Mister Jung Taekwoon?"

His voice was kind of deep but still incredibly cute if you were to ask Taekwoon.

" Yes, that's me. How may I help you?"

" I am Lee Hongbin, the new mailman. I came to bring you your package."

" Huh, what happened with Mr. Oh, though?"

" He was assigned to another route. I hope I will live up to your expectation now that I am the one that got to deliver the packages in this area."

He wanted to tell the other one about how just seeing him is a lot better than hearing Mr. Oh's cranky voice but he was stopped by Wonshik's booming voice:

" How the have you managed to lose that little piece of again, Han Sanghyuk? That spawn of the devil is sure going to kill us this time!"

" Shut up and let's go find it!"

He wanted to go and ask those idiots what was it that they lost this time when they suddenly commed and gave him a back hug proceeding afterward to do aegyo. Hyuk was adorable and Ravi was funny in an awkward way so he understood that they, indeed, did something very wrong.

" What have you two done this time?"

" I didn't do anything, hyung. It's all Hyuk's fault."

" We, oh, can't find your cat, hyung."

He instantly felt the urge to kill them both because last time they've lost it he had to search it for two days straight. He was so worried he couldn't even eat or sleep and he forgot to go to work this causing him to almost lose his job.

" Is this the cat you lost?"

He turned towards Hongbin only to let out a breath he didn't know he was holding when he saw his precious baby safely cradled in Hongbin's arms.

" Yes, thank you very much. This is Alucard Keehl. Thank you so much for finding him."

" Wait a minute! Who are you and how did you manage to make that trash sit in your arms? We are sharing a house with hyung for four years and still that little still scratches us to death just because he doesn't want us to sit on the couch." Hyuk complained before Wonshik had the chance to stop him.

Taekwoon wanted to slap the hell out of Hyuk for talking like this about his little Alucard but he was, once again, stopped by Hongbin :

" You watch anime, right? It's not me who is mistaken...your cat's name...it is actually a Hellsing and Death Note reference."

It was kind of hard to admit that he was really an anime fan , but the other didn't seem to judge . Even more, he actually looked excited.

" I am. In fact,the package you came to deliver here contains the Yu Yu Hakusho series.."

" Oh, Kurama! I cosplayed as him at a convention last year."

" Wah! That's really cool! You can come inside and watch anime with hyung so he doesn't make me and Hyuk do it ever again. I am still not over Taekwoon hyung's cries over 5 centimeters per second."

" Well, I actually have work to do right now, but, if Taekwoon hyung wants, of course, I can come back later."

" yes, you can come. He wouldn't mind, quite the contrary. I mean, you even get along that stupid cat of his and God knows that that thing was made in hell."

Hongbin chuckled softly and then he looked at Taekwoon.

" Is it really okay if I will return?"

" Yes, take your time."

Once the door was closed he started to throw a tantrum , screaming and beating his poor housemates.

" What was in your stupid minds?"

" We got you a date, hyung. You can at least thank us."

" No! No!No! I am going to poison your food!"

" But hyung, he is your ideal type!"

" No!" ( Actually the corect answer was yes but he didn't want to give those two the satisfaction of being right and to boost their sky high ego).

" Yes he is. And don't even try to deny it! We've seen that stuff you hide on your laptop,! But it's okay. He likes anime so, there is a slight chance that you can talk him into wearing those cat ears and Renaissance  pink dress. Go for it!"

When he opened the door for the second time that day it was to an all black dressed Hongbin who was caring a huge amount of plastic and paper bags.

" I didn't know the things you like so I bought all I could think of: cookies, chips, juice, chocolate, meat,coffee,wine...and right when I was about to go and pay for them I asked myself: But what if he is a vegetarian ? So I also bought salads, fruits and vegetables. Oh, and this is for your cat. Mine, Mello Alois the Ist, seems to love it!"

It was sweet of him to buy all of that stuff and Taekwoon felt warm and giddy inside.

" Thank you! You really didn't have too."

In all honesty, he didn't see himself as a ert. Ok, he enjoyed watching some dirty stuff from time to time, but let's be realistic, who doesn't?  He was a healty grown man so probably that was why he suddenly had this thought that Hongbin would look damn fine with cat ears on thop of that fluffy bubble gum pink hair

." Cat ears would look good on you."

Oh sweet lord! That was one of the worst time to show how socially awkward he was ... especially with the way Hyuk was laughing in the kitche while Wonshik was face palming. Hongbin just giggled and oh boy, he took the game on a whole new level of adorable.

" You think so too? I thought I was the only one! My flat mate , Hakyeon, said I look like a dog, but I don't like dogs that much. You know, my bangs are pretty long so , at home, I use a kitty headband . oh god, that was so wrong! I take it back! Please don't think I am weird!"

Hyuk stopped laughing and Wonshik stopped face palming.

" It's not weird, it's cute. I have one if you want it. A kitty headband, I mean. Hyuk bought it for me two ears ago to mock me."

" Can I have it?"

So that's how they ended up on the living room couch watching Yu Yu Hakusho and afterward re runs of Naruto, Hongbin complaining all the time that Deidara was too underrated .

Half a month later they were having those anime meetings ( Hyuk called them dates; Taekwoon too but he didn't have the courage to admit it out loud) three times a week and they discovered a lot about each other. How Hongbin, who was a medicine student, worked as a mailman to afford paying for his apartment rent and monthly expanses ( he had a tuition that covered the cost of his courses) or how Taekwoon who graduated not too long ago was working as a kindergarten teacher. 

But on that particular evening, while they were covered with a blanket watching Tangled with Hyuk and Wonshik sleeping on the floor, Hongbin took his hand under the blanket and without looking in his eyes ( he tried to focus on the screen) and started talking.

" You know, I really like how we are so different yet we have so many things in common. And I like how everybody mistakes you for an Americano kind of person when, in reality, you are the latte kind of guy. Aish, this is awkward, but what I am trying to say is that I really like you,. I like you in that way where I want to watch movies with you forever and talk about everything ...and I want you too cook for me and kiss me."

" I like you too. In the same way." came Taekwoon's whispered response.

Well, you see,  everything would have been perfect , if Wonshik and Hyuk weren't actually awake and started clapping obnoxiousle at them congratulating them in an overly cute, almost disgusting kind of way.

It was all good and maybe, just maybe, Taekwoon would someday be capable of putting sleeping pills in their food to knock them down for a few hours just to have Hongbin for himself.