Final

I'm your Noona

The studio was jam-packed with screaming fans albeit the chilly wind blowing from the outside as autumn starts rolling in. The stage was all set up as the show’s MCs were doing their opening spills that seemed as natural and unrehearsed as ever. The boys were standing behind the thick curtain that acted as a wall between them and the audience. Hands slightly shaking in nervousness, feet tapping away; they had been through this for years yet they still couldn’t completely shake off those pre-performance jitters. One of the older boys, and the tallest of the group, stood idly to the side, scrolling through his messages and reading the text she had sent him that morning before they both headed to work.

 

From: My Noona

August 22; 9:24 AM

 

You’ll do great, as usual. I’ll be watching it later, okay? I’m sorry, again, if I couldn’t make it to the pre-recording. Send my love to the rest of the boys. I’ll see you, soon. Fighting! :-*

 

From: My Noona

August 22; 9:25 AM

 

Text me when you’re planning to stay at the apartment tonight. I was planning on making dinner for us. Maybe. You better text me. Mark has been dropping by unannounced A LOT that I need to get more groceries so I changed the passcode. HAHA! Take care.

 

From: My Noona

August 22; 9:25 AM

 

Did I mention how he dragged Jisung along the other day after the kid got home from school and practically emptied the fridge? I love those two, they’re adorable, but I think they forget this isn’t their dorm. xP

 

 

He was so fond of this girl, and so were the rest of s and even the boys he had trained with in the past. But Mark and Jisung were (her favourites) closest to her out of all of the kids; maybe because they were hyung’s (favourites) closest as well, or because noona saw the two kids as the little brothers she never had. Whatever it was, they were almost always found at her apartment when they weren’t training or out on tour with the rest of the company, Mark especially; even if hyung wasn’t around (or even if noona didn’t call and was too busy to entertain guests), he was always up to visiting her apartment. And hyung didn’t really mind, as long as he knew that the kids were there to look after noona when he couldn’t do it himself.

 

He quickly tucked his phone in his pocket when he heard the background music that was supposed to cue their entrance. Seconds later, one of the MC’s voices boomed through the studio,

 

“When these boys debuted a little over 2 years ago, they definitely surpassed people’s expectations. When SM released a teaser of a new idol boy group years after EXO’s, fans from all over were on edge and highly anticipating their debut; especially since SM had since then exposed their trainees through SM Rookies. Coming from the same company, they were said to be the next EXO and was a force to be reckoned with! But they proved it well to everyone that they were very much different but just as great as their sunbaes. With top-charting songs, multi-million sales, and tons of awards, these boys definitely won thousands of Kpop fans’ hearts.”

 

“And now, after a long break, they are back with their 2nd full album featuring some of SM’s talented artists. Everyone, please welcome, NCT!”

 

A round of applauses surrounded the studio as the curtains slowly rose, revealing SM’s rookie boy group. Bassbot – the very first dance video released with the original six members, went off in the background and the fans grew wild as they saw their favorite idols dance to the music. It was exhilarating, and nostalgic.

 

As their prod number ended, all six boys settled down to the couch that was placed for them right on the stage. Taeyong sat closest to the MC’s, then Johnny, Hansol, Ten, Yuta and Jaehyun on the other edge.

 

“NCT, everyone!” another roar of applauses, “Please, introduce yourselves.”

 

“Annyeonghaseyo! We are NCT…” they chanted, then moved on to introducing themselves one by one.

 

“Oh, I see you are missing some of your members.” One of the MC’s pointed out.

 

“Yes, they had separate schedules to attend to so they couldn’t make it. But it’s fine with just us, right?” and the fans were screaming, cheering them on as Taeyong answered, “Please do support the rest of our members with their individual projects. Kamsahamnida.”

 

The first part of the show, they discussed about their comeback and the new album. Later on, the topics started to lead to the issues they were involved in lately.

 

“In the album,” the MC’s started “there was a song titled ‘Dorawa (Come Back)’ whose MV you just released. A lot of fans seemed to have showed great support towards it with a million views in less than 24 hours. Can you guys tell us what the song is about, and what was the inspiration to it?”

 

“The song was actually a debut gift from Lay hyung of EXO. Johnny hyung and I worked with the company’s writers for the lyrics. It’s a beautiful song actually despite the sad story it might portray. It’s about an older woman and a young man who fall in love with each other but were too worried that their relationship might not work out due to their many differences. So the woman decides to leave thinking that it would be better for the man, but then he stops her asking her to come back to him. It’s pretty much about love and the difficulties that one has to face with it. So, yes, that’s what the song is mainly about.”The leader explained.

 

“Speaking of older women and younger men, since you guys are obviously still quite young, would you date an older woman?”

 

“I would, yes,” it was Hansol who answered first, “I mean, it wouldn’t matter in the end, right? If she was a few years older, it’s understandable I guess.”

 

The audience nodded, agreeing. Some noona fans were even heard gushing over this new fact.

 

“I like being taken cared of, so noonas are the best!” Ten spoke up, grinning from ear to ear making their noona fans sequel in delight. “But I think if you like someone then you like someone, that’s it.”

 

“Well that’s good news to all your noona friends out there! Right?” and another round of squeals and cheers erupted from the audience.

 

“Now, we’ve heard that there have been rumors circulating about one of you boys,” the other MC spoke and Johnny was stiff in his chair knowing very well that this was going to be about him, “Johnny, you were rumored to have been dating recently, right? And she’s older than you?”

 

“Yes, I’ve heard of the rumors.” He answered curtly, trying to keep his nerves at bay. The company had warned him of this.

 

“Aren’t you boys under a no-dating contract?” If he was stiff then, he was frozen now.

 

“We were, yes.” Taeyong answered for his hyung. “We did have to go through with the no-dating contract when we debuted.”

 

“’Were’ as in you’re permitted to date now?” the MC had a cheeky grin on his face as murmurs from the audience were heard.

 

“Uh, something like that, yes. The company is pretty flexible with dating clauses especially after revising the contracts a few years ago. So we’re allowed to ‘see’ people as long as we keep out of trouble. Everything’s cool.”

 

And at that, the audience were going wild with excitement. So, they can date!

 

“So back to Johnny, are the rumors true?”

 

This was it. He had rehearsed his lines at the company thousands of times. He knew his decision, the company, s, only noona didn’t know about it but they promised to back him up whatever the results would be. But now he was trembling inside, was he really going to say this?

 

“About me dating an older woman, I…”

 

                                                *           *           *           *           *

 

“Lia seonsaengnim! Mark-ssi’s here!”

 

Yeri, Lia’s 4-year-old student and next-door-neighbor was rushing towards her while pointing to someone at the door. She was giggling in excitement. Of course, Mark was her favourite out of all the NCT boys. When Lia turned towards the direction of the door, she could already see a grinning Mark waving through the glass windows of her classroom. She could only smile at his adorableness.

 

“What are you waiting for, Yeri-ah, go open the door for Mark oppa then!”

 

And with that Yeri bounded for the door, tackling one of Mark’s leg as he came through.

 

“Where’s Jisung oppa? Is he still at school? Is he still at practice? Did you come to pick up Lia saem? Are you going to bring her to Johnny oppa? Is Johnny oppa with you? When can we watch Johnny oppa on TV? Can I watch it over at your house, saem? Eomma says I’m not allowed to watch TV.”

 

The little girl was a talker alright. Yet she was never unfazed by the idols, or rookies what with having to see them around the complex when Lia was around. Actually, Lia’s students from the kindergarten were so used to members of NCT as well as some of the SMRookies stopping by her class every now and then.

 

“That’s because you punched Teo the other day. You didn’t want to give him any of your cookies. You know that’s not nice, right? What would Johnny oppa say when he finds out, huh?”

 

Lia had this little theory that her student had a crush on Johnny. And she used this to good use especially at handling the little energy ball.

 

“Noooo! Don’t tell him, saem. I promise to be good. Promise!” Yeri exclaimed, bouncing in her spot.

 

“Yaksokhae?” Lia put out her pinky for Yeri to link with her own.

 

And she did, albeit with teary eyes, “Yaksokhae.”

 

“Choa. Gwaenchana. Go get your stuff so we can leave together. Your eomma told me to bring you home since she’ll finish her shift late. Ka!”

 

Lia and Yeri walked hand in hand to their apartment a few blocks away from the kindergarten, Mark was trailing behind them until they reached her unit. He pushed through the two girls wanting to open up Lia’s door. Somehow he enjoyed opening the apartment himself, like a little kid would with their own homes. But just as Mark entered the last digit of the passcode, it beeped in error.

 

“Mwo? Noona! Your passcode!” Mark said in a panic. “It’s not working!”

 

“Of course it’s not. I changed it this morning.”

 

“What?”

 

“You keep eating all my food.” She entered her new pin and the door swung open effortlessly. “C’mon, don’t be sulky. I’m making dinner. Has your hyung said anything about sleeping at your dorms tonight?”

 

She was already in the kitchen, taking out various ingredients from the fridge as Yeri and Mark made themselves comfortable on her couch.

 

“No. Not really. But he did say to make sure you watch the show tonight.”

 

And in no time, her TV could be heard coming to life as the opening track to the show had started. Lia was checking her phone as she waited for her coffee. She had messaged Johnny this morning when she arrived at school but he never replied, or at least she thought he didn’t. She had missed a call from Johnny and had 3 unread messages. One from her sister asking her if it was okay to stay over on the weekend while she was visiting Seoul, and the other two from Johnny. As she was about to read the two recent messages, her 2 ‘adopted kids’ called for snacks.

 

“Aigoo! You kids will be the death of me.” She said, before handing them a bag of chips, a jar of cookies and some juice boxes. “Here.”

 

The boys had just ended their opening dance when Lia was looking towards her TV. She could see Johnny’s smile. This boy, he’s complaining about how tired he is but look at how big his smile is when he performs. She muses. He’s a total dork and I will always adore him for that. Lia never hid her fondness for Johnny. She loves the kid. But sometimes she thinks he’s forced to act all mature around her because she was 2 years his senior although they treated each other as friends. He thinks he has to be the protective and mature one because he’s the guy but I’m fine with him being him, dorky and childish and all. She sighed.

 

She stood up from the couch where she settled and went back to the kitchen.

 

“Aren’t you gonna watch, noona?” Mark asked, he noticed the sudden shift in noona’s mood.

 

Mark was the closest to Lia and Johnny that he practically knew everything about the duo including the things they fought over. And most of the time, their fights were about Lia being a doting noona over Johnny.

 

Lia had been skeptic about Johnny in the beginning, questioning if he was actually serious with  being with her considering his career. He was going to be an idol. He had a lot of priorities to take care of. It would have been bad news if they dated, especially since she was a noona. Not that it was ever an issue to Lia. Somehow, she just felt like it burdened Johnny. She was always someone who was quiet and independent. But being the eldest kid, she took the big sister responsibility to heart. She had this motherly instinct in her even just around her friends.

 

Johnny was almost like Lia, but he was more open and fun. He’d look after his dongsaengs well too! So when he had met Lia, who seemed like a fragile kitty considering how short and timid she was as she stood near him, he felt this sudden need to protect her.

 

“I need to make dinner. You watch with Yeri while I listen from the kitchen, arasseo?”

 

“Okay then.”

 

Lia had been preparing dinner when the MCs were starting to talk about Johnny’s dating rumor. She was frozen in her spot. Although they never talked about labels in the past, it was clear to them and the people close to them that the two were together. Of course they were, Johnny practically lives in her apartment already! It was only until Mark called her over that Lia could move from the dining room table and to the couch.

 

“Uh, something like that, yes. The company is pretty flexible with dating clauses especially after revising the contracts a few years ago. So we’re allowed to ‘see’ people as long as we keep out of trouble. Everything’s cool.”

 

It was Taeyong who answered. She was getting nervous that she was clutching to her phone when she remembered his messages.

 

From: Mr. Seo <3

August 22; 3:26 PM

 

We just finished recording. You better watch the show later. And I’ll be home tonight. I’m so tired, I need my daily dose of Lia. Kekeke! See you soon!

 

By the way, I asked Mark to pick you up.

 

So that’s why Mark came out today. She smiled at his concern. This boy never failed to surprise her indeed.

 

“So back to Johnny, are the rumors true?”

 

And again, she could hear the MCs. She couldn’t watch. She didn’t know what was happening. She knew this was going to happen soon. She knew everything would be revealed despite them being careful in public. She even told him it was okay whether he denied it or not, she was okay. She was gonna back him up.

 

“About me dating an older woman, I…”

 

She couldn’t find herself to look up from the television, so she fixed her gaze towards the last message on her phone.

 

From: Mr. Seo <3

August 22; 3:26 PM

 

Whatever happens, always remember that I love you, okay? I love you. I’ll see at home. J

 

“Yeah, the rumors are true. I am dating someone.”

 

Even if she couldn’t see his face, she could hear the smile when he was talking. Oooh’s and ahhh’s filled the audience. A few fans were shocked, but so far nobody seemed to have showed any negative feelings. Then the MC spoke up again.

 

“Whoah! There you have it, NCT fans! Exclusively on our show, Johnny Seo had just confirmed that he is indeed dating. Johnny, please tell us about her?”

 

s, his friends were all smiles, happy that he could finally get to share this fact to the world. He was in love and he wanted everyone to know.

 

“Yeah, we met before I debuted. She just moved to Seoul, to Korea actually. She’s a pre-school teacher. One of her pupils then was a daughter of a staff from SM who was close to us and I met her through that staff. We’ve only been dating last year so everything’s pretty new. But I’ve liked her way before that.”

 

“So your new song really does fit you. How is it dating an older woman?”

 

“Honestly, I don’t think there’s any difference. I’ve talked with Baekhyun hyung and Taeyeon noona about it before, and I guess everyone knows about this too: although noona looks after hyung, it was hyung who she gets her strength from. And I think she and I are like that, we grew to realize that who was older and mature didn’t matter since we’d always look after each other and we’ll always look to each other for strength.”

 

The MCs kept throwing questions at Johnny and the rest of the members about Johnny’s non-celebrity girlfriend like how she was around the members, if they were close, what they thought about her, and Lia was just grateful that she found such nice friends in them. She didn’t know that she had been tearing up until Yeri hugged her.

 

“Noona, it’s hyung.” Mark showed her his phone.

 

She took it from Mark, then wiped her tears and swallowed the lump in hoping that he wouldn’t notice her crying.

 

“Hello?” her voice was close to a quiet whisper, she didn’t trust her voice. She might cry again and worry him.

 

“Did you watch the show?” again, a smile was evident in his tone.

 

“Yeah.”

 

“Good. We just finished practice. I’ll be home soon, okay?”

 

“Yeah.”

 

“I’ll see you at home, Li.” He was about to hang up when, Lia’s voice broke through.

 

“Johnny?”

 

“Yeah, Li?”

 

“I love you, you know that?”

 

“…”

 

Johnny was gobsmacked. He didn’t know what to say. It was a first. Lia admitting she loves him out loud. She never said it out loud, directly towards him.

 

“Are you sill there? I said I LOVE YOU, Johnny Seo. Now come home quick, I’m making dinner and Yeri and Mark are here.”

 

The two kids were bouncing up and down her couch in excitement.

 

“Yeah, yah, I’m still here. Wow! It’s good to hear you say it out loud, Li.”

 

“Yeah, I’m glad I said it too. Now, come home.”

 

“I’m on my way. I love you.”

 

“I love you, too.”

 

 

 

*          *          *          *          *

i know I still have WAIT FOR ME to finish but lately I haven't been in the best state to write good chapters. Although I do have chapters up for review, I'm not quite confident that they're up to my standrads nor yours so i'm keeping them until I can rewrite it. I hope you guys can understand. SO! Onwards to this story, I think I might have shocked some of my lovely readers because this really is  something unexpected of me. But lately my sister and I have been following SMRookies closely and my fondness for Johnny has definitely took a step up. Aaaaand,if you've listened to Red Velvet's new album, I think you'd know where I got my inspiration from. Anyway, please enjoy the story. Subscibe, upvote, and/or comment if you like it or if you just have something to say. KAMSAHAMNIDA!