1/1

Confession

“I LIKE YOU LEE MIJOO!!”

Yein gasped, her hand covering . The figure in front of her stopped walking right before the corner they’d have to turn at. Yein’s heart was beating so fast she thought she might have a heart attack. 

Why did she have to yell that? What possessed her to confessed now, in the rain. Mijoo was leaving tomorrow for her university and Yein had figured today was the day she would confess. All day she had tried, and failed, to say the words she had just yelled to the other. 

Mijoo turned back towards her, umbrella still low hiding her face. “WHAT?!” She yelled back trying to be heard over the rain, though she made no move to get closer. 

Yein opened debating if she should pretend to have said something else. Or just repeat the confession, she decided on the latter.

“I LIKE YOU!!!” 

She stared at the other, still standing at her spot in front of her home. Mijoo hesitated before making the walk back to where Yein was standing; making sure to stay a few feet away. 

“What did you say?”

Yein huffed in frustration dropping her umbrella and walking forward to get under the one the older girl was holding. They stared at each other for a while before Yein spoke again.

“I like you, like you, I just wanted you to know before you left.” She sighed looking dow at her shoes. 

“Same,” Before Yein could look up Mijoo placed a chaste peck on her forehead. “I’ll wait for you,” She said softly before turning and quickly moving down the sidewalk and turning the corner. Yein stayed in her spot staring at the spot Mijoo had been, in shock and confusion. 

-x-

The next two years their friendship continued with every break that Mijoo had from university. Nothing had changed or became awkward. Though they never talked about that day in the rain during these years. The night of Yein’s graduation from high school is when it was finally addressed. 

“Hi,” Yein jumped as she walked into her bedroom after the ceremony to see Mijoo sitting on her bed holding a bouquet of flowers. 

“Hi, I was looking for you at the school, why didn’t you come?” Yein pouted as she closed her door guaranteeing them privacy. 

“I did! Do you think I would miss that?” Yein shrugged knowing that the statement was true. “I just didn’t think you’d be able to pay attention to what I have to say with all those people around.” Mijoo stood walking over to Yein handing her the flowers.

“What do you have to say?” Yein asked not missing a beat.

Mijoo blushed slightly walking over to the window in the room that faced the sidewalk in front of the house. “Do you remember the day before I left for university? What you said?” 

“Of course,”

“Do you - do you still feel that way?” Mijoo turned back towards the other with a hopeful yet nervous look. Yein walked over, face already turning deeper shades of red - and looked up at Mijoo. 

“Of course,” 

“Good,” Mijoo gave Yein her best smile before leaning forward placing a kiss to her forehead much like before. “I like you Jung Yein,” She whispered against the younger girls lips before kissing her.