The Trust of Postmen

Fan Mail -parody chapter 1- The Trust of Postmen
Letter 1

 

I grinned and wriggled my eyebrows as I looked at his online fan page.

 

“Send your own personal message to Taemin by clicking here! ^o^”

 

Then my smile dropped. I sighed. “Ahh, I bet Peppermint gets a million messages a day…he probably doesn’t even have enough time to read them all.”

 

I was about to click the red cross in the right top corner of the page when I thought, “Oh what the heck, I’ll just give it a try so I’ll have no regrets.” I moved the cursor over to thesend mail button and pressed it 10 times really fast. I waited for it to load and finally it was ready for me to start typing up my message to my precious Peppermint.

 

“Hmm..what to write…?” I thought. My mind had gone blank. “Aish! Why is this so mind-wrenchinglingly, sweatingly tiring-the key board is so heavy!” I groaned and took a deep breath.

“Ok, start by typing my address, 94, SunnyShine Road at Strawberryville, First part done.” I turned in my wheely chair and shot a pedo look in my mirror in triumph.

“Now for the message!" I first got up, removed my files from my folder and looked through, scanned each page roughly.

“Golly gosh. I think I'm going to hyperventilate. PEPPER MINT I LOVE YOU! But It's not like he's really. Just hurry up and write anything.” I told myself. So I put my fingers on my keyboard and started to type away...

 

 Hello Taemin!

You are my beloved peppermint for all enternity. I hope you know that I I can't read or write or speak korean, so I'm going to type this in Cantonese just to confuse you.

I have all your songs, cd's, posters, key rings, stickers, marcros, gif's, videos and doll figures of SHINee. I also have an entire folder of file reports on each of you, with all the details I could find out about you so I can read through a decide what kind of people you are.

I made the descision to like you guys, just recently.

 I started to watch variety shows with you and the other members in it, such as “Hello Baby” , “Maknae Rebellion” and “Yunhanam”. You acted quite well, and I'd have to say I have since then REALLY started to like you.

My favourite song from SHINee is Lucifer, I even attempted to learn the dance with my friends and I was the only one that did it right. I don't know what they were doing but it didn't look anything like the dance. In fact, your choregrapher didn't even do it right.

I was extremely excited to hear you guys debuting in Japan, because I knew that you wouldn't get fat from eating sushi all the time, considering how healthy it is. I do believe you should stop having so much bannana milk because the food falvouring might add to your total body fat and then I'm going to have to not like you, which is bad because I went through so much trouble, ebaying all yoru merchandise just to like you.

I'm having a slighty fear and anxienty that is resulting in trips to the bathroom-but don't worry, I'm sure this message will get to you. I have found a reliable mailing address online, unlike the other 33 letters I attemted to send Peppermint through emailing and post from bad sources.

Take care, and I hope you die in a fight till the death, like a every peppermint should,

Natalia

 

I re-read the email and frowned. I didn't like the text. Then I looked at my name. Natalia. How plain did that sound?! I backspaced and got rid of “Natalia”. I sat there, thinking what else I could sign out with. “From your fan?” Nah, I bet too many people use that.

“Oh yes, peppermint shall like my idea," I smiled again as I thought of what to do.

 Waiting,

You beloved Romeo ~

 

I studied the ending of my email. “Oh, I hope he likes my historical artifactual flair.” I then quickly sniffed out an envelope and left home, running to the nearest post office and giving it to the red box with a histerical smile.

 

------------------------------------------

 

I still hoped that there would be a reply, no matter how impossible it seemed. I woke up the next day and rushed to check my mail box. 

A yellow envelope stuck out.

It was probably just my junk magazines. Most likely. I hummed as I unwrapped it carelessly, and found it was from my penpal jessica in china. Wow, apparently she found a dress with  peach and floral patterns that looked really nice. I stared at the photos.

After a minute or so, reading how jessica had walked into a pole and had a concussion, I flicked through more mail and found the junk stuff.

“Want to have a relaxing day but you can’t seem to find a place? Come to Ella’s Boutique with the code 4qe037w to get 50% off!”

 

I scowled. “Stupid advertisement. Damn you, Ella! I don’t want a freaking makeover! I want Shineeeee.” I glared at the pink, floral logo. “Stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid thing. Can’t believe I was so happy.” I began ripping the add it pieces, then I picked them up, stormed inside and burned them with my lighter, watching the flame curl and crackle as the add slowly turned to ash. 

The next day I checked again. But there was nothing. The days soon turned into a week, and a week turned into a month. I gave up and stopped waiting for a reply.  

 

A week later, I did my daily Saturday morning routine and went outside to check my mail. There was some more mail from an unknown address, and seeing no logo on the package I sighed. “Why are there so many scammers nowadays?” I chucked it out without a second thought. I closed the bin lid, and went to fix myself some breakfast. I grabbed my bag and prepared to go out to meet my friends.

 

“Mum! I’m leaving now! Don’t wait for me to eat lunch, I’m having it at Kate’s house!”

 

“Ok! Be careful though! And call me when you want me to pick you up!”

 

“Sure. Bye, l you!” I yelled as I walked out of the front door and into the fresh air outside.

 

------------------------------------------

 

Natalia’s mum smiled as she heard the wooden gate close on her daughter’s way out. She was glad that her family turned out so well, despite herself not having a good childhood when she was younger. The phone started to ring, breaking her bubble of thoughts. She walked casually over to it and picked it up.

 

“Hello?”

 

“Hi, is this Natalia?”

 

“No, this is her mum. Is this Kate’s dad? She’s on her way now, give her ten minutes maybe? She should be arriving soon.”

 

“No, ma’am, I’m not Kate’s fardar.” the person responded in broken English. “I am the um, manager of a band. Have you um, heard of SHINee before?”

 

She wrinkled her eyebrows in confusion. “No, I’m sorry, but I think you’ve got the wrong number. Bye.” And she hung up.  A few seconds later the phone rang again. Natalia’s mum put to her ear and said, “Hey, look, whatever you’re trying to sell, I’m not interested. Sorry.”

 

She was about to hang up when the voice stopped her. “No, please! This is vedy urgent! Dis is the manager of SHINee! Please tell your daughter that she must check her mail box!”

 

“My daughter’s not going to buy anything from you either! We did not order any more toys!" (a/n: how awkies for those with dirty minds :D )

 

“No, no, no, I am not selling anyting. I need to speak to Natalia! This is um, what is that word? Disturbing! This is a disturbing message! Cannot tell anyone else about dis.”

 

“Look, I appreciate your effort, but before trying to sell things, maybe you should practise your pedo skills first. Bye,” And she hung up again, sighing.

 

---------------------------------------------------------

 

[A/N: this is in Korean haha but me being the noob I am, I can’t write in Korean so yes. Haha read on ^^]

 

“So, how was it, manager hyung? Did you speak to that girl?” asked Taemin.

 

“No! The other person keeps saying something about me selling something! I keep saying I’m not selling anything but she doesn’t believe me! Or maybe it’s just my pronunciation of English…is it really that hard to understand what I’m saying?”

 

Minho stood lost in thought. Was there any other way to contact her?

 

“Hmm, so we’ve emailed her, we’ve called her…what else can we do?!” whined Key, “Argh, this is so hard! Why don’t our fans believe us?!”

 

“Just send her another email, she’s bound to get annoyed and finally check it and then realise it’s from us.” replied Jonghyun.

 

“Yeah, we’re not going to Australia until another four months anyway, plenty of time to organise all of this. I’m going to make dinner!” said Onew.

 

Key looked at him, shocked. “When did you cook?! That’s my job!” and he jumped off the couch and ran to into the kitchen.

 

“What…? Why can’t I cook?” complained Onew.

 

“~Because you’ve got Onew Condition~ “ sang the rest of the members.

 

“So you’re probably going to cut off your hand while you’re attempting to cook,” laughed Jonghyun.

 

“Why wouldn't I? You know I find tomato sauce an unsuitable topping,” he replied.

 

“Fine, hyung! I dare you to go make dinner tonight.” challenged Taemin.

 

“Ok! I’ll do it!”

 

“LET’S BET ALL YOUR COOKIE JARS!”

 

“WOAH! KEY! YOU SCARED THE CRAP OUT OF ME! HOW’D YOU GET OUT HERE?! YOU WERE IN THERE, WEREN’T YOU?!” exclaimed Jonghyun.

 

Key smirked in response. “I’m just a creep like that.”

 

Minho rolled his eyes and chuckled at them. “So how much are we going to bet?”

 

“If hyung spills too much of his infamous sauce and the cooking is ruined, he owes us all a cookie jar” declared Taemin.

 

“…my case of Onew Condition isn’t that bad is it?”

 

Jonghyun cracked up laughing. “Are you serious? Hahaha, I cannot believe you are asking us that. Hahaha. Oh gosh, I can’t breathe! Hahaha so funny.”

 

Onew glared at him. “ALRIGHT!” he yelled. “I, LEE JINKI, WILL TAKE YOUR CHALLENGE AND IF I LOSE, I WILL BUY YOU ALL A COOKIE JAR!”

 

-------------------------

Sorry this took so long xD

I lost some inspiration along the way...but meh :) remember to go check out the real, whole story; it shouldn't be so creepy as this one :D

baibai xxxxxxxx