〈One〉

The Back-up Dancer

Kim Seulji closes her eyes, enjoying the jazzy mood in her beloved one's car. The music player plays her favorite ballad music. Although most of ballad music was meant to be a sad song, she loves the feeling in it. And hearing it there with her beloved one was a plus point. Her beloved Nam Woohyun, the one who sang that particular song.

"I always like your face when you're enjoying my song." He says. The traffic light force him to stop driving. He uses that opportunity to look at Seulji's face.

She smiles. Even with the closed eyes, her beauty is still remarkable. "You're being cheesy, Woohyun. Stop it."

Woohyun laughs. "I'm being honest." He says and continue driving. "You know, that is something I really like about you. You loves my music."

Seulji giggles. "I loves your music. But not you." Lie.

"Oh, so you don't love me?" He pouts. That is definitely the cutest pout she ever seen in her life.

"You already have all the loves from your fans. You don't need my love."

Woohyun turns to her, look into her eyes -and her heart-. Seulji can feel her heart beating faster than usual. Woohyun always manages to do it when he looks into Seulji's eyes. She starts to think that he actually enjoy it.

And he smiles before turn his face to the road again. "You're blushing, honey."

Damn. She shouldn't give him that pleasure.

"No, I'm not."

He laughs again. "I know you are." Then he hum the song that she loves so much.

"Should I be honor that Nam Woohyun himself humming his fantastic song in front of me live?"

He stops and smiles. "Don't you?"

"Oh, our great Nam Woohyun. So sorry to disapoint you, but I'm not one of your fans."

"But you are the one I care about."

There he go again. Being chessy and sweet in the same time. Even though Seulji denied it all the time, she enjoy the feel when Woohyun, the idol of many girls in the world, being the sweetest guy she ever knew.

"You're speechless now." He giggles, definitely enjoy teasing her.

"Yeah, congratulation, Nam Woohyun. You've won."

"This is not a competition, Seulji. I'm being honest. Can't you see it?" He plead.

"It's a little bit hard to see your honesty when you're being cheesy all over the television, making hearts here and there, throwing it directly to girls hearts."

"Ah, I get it. You're angry because my image is to be a sweet soloist and a heartmaker for my fans, huh?"

"Oh come on. It's not like that. It's not like you're mine. It's not like we're couple in the first place." She say it. She say it and regret it.

There is a moment of silent before Woohyun stops the car and turns to Seulji again. "Yeah. I'm sorry. I'm a singer. I have responsibility to take care of my company and my fans's feeling. Something like dating is forbidden for someone like me."

"No---No, it's not what I mean, Woohyun. I--I'm--" She couldn't find a right words right now.

"I love you. I do. It's just hard to make you believe when what I do is flirting with my fans."

He sounds sad, and lonely. The world he's living in is not all gilitters. Once you have fans, your job is to keep them that way. And Woohyun's method is being a chessy singer. She couldn't blame him for that.

"I trust you, Woohyun. I do. And I'm sorry."

He smiles. "I know you do." He Seulji's face with his warm hand. After some seconds, he pulls her into his manly shoulder, her head now. The scent of him is intoxicate. Seulji need to pull herself before it make her faint. And now he faces him with only three inches between.

Woohyun smiles. "You're blushing again."

"Oh stop it!" She pulls herself further.

"You're so cute, Jiji. Anyway, we're here." He says.

Seulji looks around her and realize that they already in front of the cafe where her fellow dancers is waiting. Their instructor got them job and they are going to meet him there. She quickly gather her stuffs and throw it into her bag. Woohyun happily watching her.

"What?" Asks Seulji, notices the look in Woohyun's eyes.

"Nothing. Just good luck with the new job." He says.

"You too. Don't forget to eat well." She replies.

He keep smiling. "Come here. Let me hug you."

That's kinda odd for Woohyun to ask. Normally, he will just hug Seulji without permission, like some minutes ago. "Why?"

"Because I'm in promoting season and I couldn't just see you freely like now."

Yeah, life as a singer. Fair enough. "Okay." She says and hugs Woohyun.

"I'm gonna miss you." He whispers.

"Me too." She replies and pulls herself. "I gotta go now." She says and go out from the car. She smiles before Woohyun's car drove away. Then she walk to the cafe where three of herself is sitting while enjoying their coffee.

"I saw you." Teases one of her friends right away. She don't even have an opportunity to say 'hi'.

"Hello, you too." She replies and sit in the only one empty chair in that table.

"So, who's the guy?" The other girl asks.

"What guy?"

"So you don't want to share?"

"Oh, Yeji, please. He is just a friend." She says to the sassy girl with short black hair who before. She is the youngest of them all.

"A friend who you hugged warmly inside the car, huh? The air conditioner must be really cold." The other girl with long blonde hair adds while smiling.

"It's funny, Hyoyeon-eonni." She says to the blonde girl, the eldest of them all. Hyoyeon's squinting her eyes, smelling something fishy with Seulji's weird body language.

"You're hiding something." Hyoyeon grins. "I studied psychology, you know. I can see you through."

"Yeah, yeah." Seulji nods. She is hiding something, something that should remains hidden from anyone including her crews.

Hyoyeon and Yeji look at each other and giggles.

"You will tell us when you're ready, eonni." Yeji says.

Seulji nods, again. She really don't know how to react to her curious friends. She turns to the only girl who seems don't care about anything, Goo Hara.

"You're quiet today, Hara-eonni." Seulji says. The normal Goo Hara is quiet, but if it's something about guy -especially guys around the girls-, she would be excited.

"Am I?" Hara asks without even bother to look at the younger girl. "I'm going to toilet." She adds suddenly, almost looks like she is avoiding something.

Okay, something is definitely not right.

"She just broke up with her boyfriend. Just let her be." Hyoyeon says.

"Oh, it explains everything."

"Maybe it's my fault. I'm bringing up topic about boyfriend." Yeji cries.

"No, Yeji my dear." Hyoyeon pulls Yeji into her arms. Those two always have something between them.

Hara come back after a while, holding a sheet of tissue. "Where is Jay-oppa? It's getting late." She says.

"I'm going to call him." Hyoyeon says and take her phone from her bag. "Ah, wait. He texted me. 'Girls, sorry, I couldn't go to the cafe. I need to take care of something. I'll meet you at practice room. Go to---'" She suddenly silent. Her eyes widen as she exclaim. "-- SL Entertainment!"

The other girls gets excited when they hears the most famous entertainment agency name, full with talented artists, and they will be one of SLE's artist back-up dancers. Seems like hearing the famous place where they will work makes Hara's mood getting better. Seulji's mood especially. Working in SLE could be her opportunity to meet Woohyun as well since Woohyun is one of SLE's talented singer.

"We should go now then. I can't wait to see who will we work with." Hyoyeon says and lead the girls out of the cafe.