One

Everything Has Changed
Please log in to read the full chapter
Everything Has Changed  

There is this ominous feeling that settled around Kris since he woke up this morning and it continued as the day progresses. It makes him feel antsy as if there is something prickling just underneath his skin and there this constant gurgles of anxiety akin to a heartburn underneath his sternum but he knows it isn’t. He just could not get rid of the feeling and feels a bit frustrated because he could not pinpoint why he is feeling that way of all days that day. Kris prays whatever is going to happen, if it happens, let it be something that he could handle.

 

He feels tired and drained more than usual despite following his usual routine; lectures, tutorials, library and then basketball practice, in that order. Right now, he just wants to get back to his shared apartment and rest on his custom made bed, normal bed would not fit him. For an omega, Kris is definitely an exception due to his towering height, strong manly build and strikingly handsome looks. He has this permanent arrogant look stamped on his face that hardened more when he gets shy or embarrassed which people misunderstood all of the time. People just could not get pass his face and physique. Oh! How he wished that he looks more like the conventional omega. He should be pretty looking, preferable petite and homely but he thinks that the creator just liked to muck around with normalcy because just look at him and his cousin, Luhan.

 

Most people assume that Luhan is the omega and Kris is his alpha but luck has them at the opposite end actually. The alpha is as a pretty boy as they can come by. With a petite and slender build, natural strawberry blonde locks, fair unblemished skin, big doe anime eyes and dewy lips. Well, until Luhan opens his mouth that is. Kris keeps his peace most of the time and only opted to speak when absolutely needed which only made him looked more serious but his elder cousin was just false advertisement from the beginning. The man gives out the aura of being a docile, delicate and fragile being but in actuality is loud and known to speak his mind just as he sees fit. The man is dominating, bossy and overprotective which cancel the timid air he seemed to have surrounding him. But he is very loyal and loves Kris very much, more like a brother rather than a cousin. Not to mention also the built-in natural instinct of an alpha protecting an omega from any harm that may happen. Do not be fooled by Luhan’s build because he has hidden strength which many has underestimated and caused several broken bones and horrible gashes before.

 

And no, they are not a mated couple. They are just sharing an apartment and though both have already come of age, both have not found their true mates yet. It is either their mates have not reached maturity which is after their 18th birthday or they are not in close proximity. The first problem could only be solved through time but the at least in the second, nature and instinct will pull the future mates closer even though they might not realized it themselves. Sooner or later, destined mates will cross paths. Their parents thought that the cousins should stick together until both find their mates because alone, both of them had been into trouble before. Kris being wrongly attacked by alphas when he went out with his other omega friends and Luhan being harassed by unmated alphas when he came back home late at night after a drink or two with his friends. They help and take care of each other well though Kris thinks Luhan carries the burden more. Luhan protects Kris like the good alpha he is and Kris lets himself be protected like an obedient omega. The elder takes care about safety and finance, while Kris takes care of the more domestic side; cooking, cleaning, laundry and the likes; the usual stereotypical stuff that alpha and omega do in life. The cousins consider

Please log in to read the full chapter