1/1

Smelling the Roses

The morning sun rose as the night moon sunk, Sungmin was watching the sunrise in his window.  He usually is too busy to watch the sunrise, but today, Hyukjae stayed home, he was rather ill. Though, Sungmin smiled at the beauty of this scene.  Mourning doves coming out of the trees, the lake across the street holding the rising sun's rays.  It was beautiful. 

He wished this was his emotion all the time, but, it simply cannot be that way.  With his love for Hyukjae, and his lack of sleep and desire for things, happyness can't flow through him anymore.  He decided that he needed to head on to work.  He stopped by Hyukjae's room, to make sure he was okay.

"Hyukjae, are you alright?  Do you need anything?"  Sungmin asked kneeling next to the bed, looking at his crush in the eyes.  This put a smile on his face.

"I am fine."  Hyukjae said with a smile, reaching out Sungmin's hand.  Sungmin put his hand near him, and Hyukjae rubbed it with his own. "Have a good day at work."  He continued as he patted Sungmin's hand gently.  This made Sungmin blush a bit.  That his crush makes him blush.  He put his hand on Sungmin's cheek, and then his hand fell.  Sungmin put his arm back in the sheets.

"Stay healthy."  I said as I pecked his forehead.  I tucked him in, and smiled at him.

"I like it when you smile."  Hyukjae said.  Before Sungmin could stay, he waved to the ill man, and left the room.

 



 

Sungmin had a rough day at work.  For starters, Sungmin always comes up with ideas with Hyukjae.  Number two, all of his co-workers make fun of him for being single.  And when he says he has a very close friend, Hyukjae, they laugh at him, saying that Donghae already has eyes on him.  Donghae was there, he confirmed it.  This made Sungmin very upset.  Because lately, he'd been day dreaming about Hyukjae, and all he can think about is him.

He doesn't know if anyone really cares for him.  All of his life, his father wanted him to work.  From the age five and still now.   His mother, always wanted him to have more manners.  His siblings, they were okay to him.  But the thing is, that is all behind him. 

The one person he'd thought to like, Donghae likes him more.  From when he was told about Donghae, he had stopped his love. 

He walked over to the icecream shop across from the office.   He sat down at a table, and looked out the window.  When he got his icecream, he looked at the table.  There was a single rose there.  He picked it up by the stem and read the card.

Stop over working yourself!  Your beautiful petals need a rest.  Stop and smell the rose~


'I guess it's one of those things that come with the icecream these days,..'  Sungmin thought.

He finished his icecream, and paid the nice elderly lady at the counter.  He went off to the street.  He didn't feel like going back to work, nor want to go back home.  He finally smelled the rose though.

It smelled fresh, and great.  Without thinking, he went the route to his house.

When he'd notice he was home, he saw a vase of roses at the door.  He picked the vase up, and put the single rose in the place that doesn't have one.  He reads the card on the stem.

Relax, smell the roses.  Someone so beautiful needs the most beautiful flower.


This made Sungmin blush a little.  He took out his keys, and unlocked the door.  Then he put the keys in his pocket, and turned the knob.  He walked inside, and closed and locked the door behind him.  The house had a path of roses.  Sungmin put the vase of flowers on a side table.  He went to the first set of roses.

Don't worry your great stem, you're the best bloom of this room.


Sungmin's blushed cheeks get darker pink.  He goes to the next one.

You smell that sweet rosey air?  You smell even better than that.

Sungmin couldn't figure out why that made him so happy.  Maybe it is because nobody actually prepared something this nice.  Not even a birthday party.  He walks over to another rose.

Relax your stem, and your beautiful petals, for you need to rest, follow the smell of the roses.


Sungmin followed the sweet smell of the roses.  He picks up another card.

Don't stop smelling the roses, love.

Sungmin didn't think anything about the 'love' part.  He kept smelling the beautiful air, just until he went on a bed of roses.  Putting a pair of roses in his hands, he feels like this is the best moment of his life.  That all is approved when someone touches his lips.

Sungmin gets out of his daze, and notices the one that is kissing him so lovingly. 

Hyukjae.

Sungmin puts his arms around the man kissing him.  The kiss is sweet, loving, and caring.  Hyukjae's delicate kissing, not doing anything to hurt him.  Making Sungmin feel like he's never before.  Loved.

After a few more seconds, the kiss ended.  Hyukjae looked at Sungmin.

"And a beautiful bloom you are." Hyukjae said as he kissed Sungmin's hand.  Sungmin automaticlly blushed.

"Donghae likes you though,.."  Sungmin replied with a sigh.

"Sungmin, I love you."  Hyukjae said very honestly.  Sungmin smiled at Hyuk, and put his arms around him, and kissed him like there was no tomorrow.  Sungmin loved this feeling, he doesn't want it to leave.  Even if that means that he might get caught kissing Hyukjae at work, he doesn't care.  He's close with the one person he's loved for many moons.



That morning, Sungmin woke up in his bed,  No roses around, no sweet smell, no Hyukjae. 

"I knew it was too good to be true,.."  Sungmin said, throwing himself out of bed.  He sees a card on the dresser.  He looked at it.

Last night was a great time for me, and I hope for you as well.  :)  I am at work right now, I will meet you there I hope!  Maybe after that, we can hit the icecream shop! :D  See you :*

Sungmin's frown turned into a smile when he read the card.  The feeling he had last night came back, loved, cared for, Hyukjae. 

Just becuase he was smelling the roses...

 



Yes, I know, very short One-shot.  But, that's the story!  I guess I was just so bored... Then, now I am a new beta reader! :D I just wanted to finish this up!

Sorry if I had missed any errors!

Tell me what you think of the story~ 

Bye bye~