1. Introduction

Behind her Smiles

"You're useless"

                                                           "I wish you were never born"     

 

It was another Monday morning and Sandara Park was walking down the halls of YG High School. Unlike many other students, she was glad she was in school. She was happy that the weekend was finally over.

As she strolled through the hallway, guys examined her with lust in their eyes, and girls envied her pretty face.

 

"Does she think she's some sort of Goddess?"

                                                         "Ah, I just want to rip off that smile off her pretty face"

 

Sandara was known as the smiling princess. She always smiled no matter the situation. She believed that a smile could turn any bad day into a good one or at least into one that doesn't make her want to kill herself.

 

"You look like a scary clown with that get up"

         "You're just like your scumbag of a father"

 

Chaerin was seated on a bench and when she saw Sandara she waved at her to catch her attention. With a single wave, she caught the attention of everyone around her.

She was wearing spiked shoes, accessories that were out of this world yet looked just right on her uniform. She also had layers of makeup on, but rather than make her look like some cheap pick up girl on the streets, she looks like a beautiful piece of artwork.

                                              

 "Look at her; she's so arrogant"

                                                               "She's such an attention "


Chaerin loves fashion. She is known for her eccentric styles, and though everyone in the school is wearing the same uniform, her style makes her stand out. She divulges herself in fashion to make herself feel like someone else even just for the day.

Sandara seated herself next to Chaerin and they started talking about anything and everything.

They were soon interrupted by a doll-like girl eating corn.

"Darong, Ciel! Good Morning!"

                             

 "Why can't you be more like her"

                                                               "You are such a disgrace"

 

If Dara was the smiling princess, Bom was the happiness fairy. She was always or rather she seemed like she was always happy. She looks like a doll. Her face is beautiful, her hair is luscious and her legs go on forever.

                                               "Are you sure that's her? I feel bad for her family"

                                                                               "She's such a weirdo"

 

Though she had the looks of a beautiful queen, she was a  very odd, young lady. She was known for her weird acts and 8D personality that hid her loneliness.

"So you guys, there's this new food place down the street---" she began.

 

8:00am. The bell rang and the three stood up to go to their respective classes. Sandara and Bom were both in their junior year while Chaerin was a year younger.

Chaerin walked to her class by herself until a younger girl ran up right beside her.

"Unnie, morning" The girl said with a several gasps following.  The girl beside her wore pants underneath her skirt and her shirt was messily tucked in.

"Tsk Tsk Minzy, you were almost late again"

"Aha unnie, the important thing is that I'm not late"

              

 "Just leave! I don't need you"

                               "I don't want to see your face in front of me"

 

Minzy hid her beautiful self in boyish clothes. She was also a year younger than CL, but they were in the same class because she had skipped a grade. She was intelligent and the top of her class. She  studies a  lot to forget the reality that she lives in.

 

                               "She's thinks so high of herself just because she's so smart"

                                                               "She's so unsightly"

 

The four are misfits in high school yet they are known as the queens of YG High. But even so, their outside appearances  only serve as disguises to hide the sadness in their hearts.