Final

Love Love Love

It was rather odd, and not to mention hot despite the air conditioner high. But he’s annoyed, mad and frustrated for being mad at Kyuhyun. But then, he can be mad at times. He can.

He decided not to make any move, determined not to break the silence when the door cracked open. He knew it was Kyuhyun who entered the room. He pulled the blanket up to his chin and tried convincing Kyuhyun that he’s not in the mood to talk.

Ryeowook felt the bed sink as another weight added onto it and he stayed still, making it even more convincing that he’s doesn’t want to see or talk to him.

“Go away,” Ryeowook croaks and he felt half-guilty because this is Kyuhyun’s room too, and technically the only decent place to sleep at aside from their bed is the old, torn couch in the living room. “I’m not talking to you.”

“I’m not asking you to,” Kyuhyun says as he lies behind Ryeowook and lets out a stressed and sigh.

“I had a bad dream,” Kyuhyun continues and Ryeowook listens to his boyfriend, still had his back facing at him. He wonders if ever having a bad dream is normal to start those make up talks. He wanted to shove Kyuhyun off but the tone in his voice made Ryeowook stop and he just chose to listen.

+

They met in an aisle on the Humanities section back in college. Ryeowook’s working as assistant to the college librarian, earning a few for his expenses and stashing out some discounts from his tuition because being a Music Major is costly than anyone could have ever imagined. Life is a terrible mess, he thinks until he met Kyuhyun.

Kyuhyun is one dorky, lean, lanky and average looking man. His curly brown mop hair and his wide round orbs makes him much less of a stand out. He’s taking up engineering, industrial engineering at that, and how he managed to ace all his tests when he’s just actually sleeping in the library is a total mystery in Ryeowook. He doesn’t actually know why Kyuhyun would still go to the library when all he did was to sleep.

“Oh, sorry.” Ryeowook said and Kyuhyun removed his earplugs and tried to shake his mind awake. He didn’t realized he had fallen asleep again while leaning agains the wooden chair of the campus’ library.

“Uh, you fell asleep again,” Ryeowook said and Kyuhyun glanced at his watch.

“I had a test. Studying.” Kyuhyun replied and Ryeowook wasn’t really sure on how to answer that but he just nodded. He pointed the door as if instructing Kyuhyun to go and leave because it’s already past 8 and the library closes at 7.

Kyuhyun collected his things and stood up. Ryeowook turned to collect the last remaining books on the next table and just wanted to go home.

While he was busy shoving the books back to their places, he turned around and was surprised to find Kyuhyun standing behind him, cheeks tainted with red and eyes looking intently at him, with the hint of shyness.

“Yes?” Ryeowook asked, clenching tightly on The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith, and how the book is totally convincing.

“May I ask you on a date?” Kyuhyun said shyly and it’s Ryeowook’s turn to feel the warmness creep on his cheeks.

+

It was rather tricky, Ryeowook thinks as he lies on the bed, feeling Kyuhyun lying next to him. He wants to trun around and face him, look at him and ask him what happened but at the same time, he wants to stay firm about his decision, be mad at him, tell him that thinking on his own was the cruelest and most insensitive thing he had done in their relationship.

But when he feels that the atmosphere had thickened even more, even him getting suffocated about it, he turns around and faces Kyuhyun who looks at him with strained and tired eyes.

+

It was in the middle of first year college when Ryeowook concluded that Kyuhyun’s library trips were not for studying purposes and Kyuhyun laughed at how dense Ryeowook can sometimes get. And he forgave him.

He waited for Ryeowook to get over with his shift, take him to dinners they would split or sometimes Kyuhyun would insist on paying. Kyuhyun would pull Ryeowook to one of the empty desks and lap the smaller man on the table so he can kiss him hungrily and silently, careful not to make a sound. Ryeowook would feel his stomach turn into knots, feeling so ecstatic and crazy about this but Kyuhyun would smile that awful beautiful smile and he would just forget about everything.

When they get even naughtier and tempting, Kyuhyun would wait till closing hours and Ryeowook would push him at the back aisle, struggling through the buttons of their shirts and jeans, in need just to feel Kyuhyun in him.

It was in the Christmas break in their third year when Ryeowook and Kyuhyun decided to live together, in a small apartment a few blocks away the university where they could chip in their shares and manage it through take aways and instant noodles.

Ryeowook enjoyed those days, he needed not to be assured because having Kyuhyun with him is more than enough. And he thought Kyuhyun thinks the same too.

+

Ryeowook looks at him with weak and surprised eyes. He had never seen Kyuhyun’s eyes so weak and terrible. He tries to comfort Kyuhyun because it must have been a terrible nightmare and just thinking about anything to scare Kyuhyun, Ryeowook is utterly clueless.

“I had a dream of you leaving me.” Kyuhyun blurts as he moves closer to Ryeowook, wrapping an arm around Ryeowook’s waist and puling the latter closer to his chest.

Ryeowook tries to laugh it off, “Is this some reverse-psychology guilty plead because you felt bad for leaving?”

Kyuhyun doesn’t reply but instead pulls him closer and hugs him tighter. He sinks his face in Ryeowook’s head and takes in the chamomile-lavender scent he’d always love.

“So are you?”

“What?” Ryeowook asks and he pulls away for the hug so he can look at Kyuhyun who’s eyes are lost and far from him.

He bends his head and leans to look at Ryeowook who he’d spent five years living in this little apartment and god knows until when they would last together but Kyuhyun’s pretty much convinced that he wants to stay beside Ryeowook longer than planned.

“Are you going to leave me?”

Ryeowook’s eyes falters and he leans up to kiss Kyuhyun on the lips. “Of course not. Silly Kyu.”

“Then why are you mad?” Kyuhyun counters and Ryeowook tries to look away but Kyuhyun’s cupping his face.

+

It was a year after they graduated, they decided to stay in the apartment, feeling totally comfforbtale and at ease in the place. They scored jobs that’s more than enough to their needs. Ryeowook’s teaching music and composes songs for bands. Kyuhyun’s working good as an engineer and everything felt simple and wonderful.

They would go out for date nights, bathe together on lazy afternoons of Saturdays and have whenever they decide to.

Until Kyuhyun came home from work a few days ago with a letter and a wide smile plastered on his face. He showed Ryeowook the content, informed him of how long will he be staying, how they plan on sending him to travel abroad, how the company is asking him much of a favour on staying away for at least three months to help him gain experience and show off his skills as an impressive engineer.

Ryeowook was silent about it. He smiled a small smile and Kyuhyun took it a sign but Ryeowook was furious about it. Kyuhyun would leave him. It just pained him

+

“Why do you think I won’t get mad?”

Kyuhyun fell silent. He presses his forehead against Ryeowook’s forehead and kissed his lips against Ryeowook’s plump ones.

“You came home, telling me about work and not even informing me of your plans beforehand. You didn’t think of me. You were selfish and here I am putting everything for you even back in college.”

Kyuhyun wraps his legs around Ryeowook and pulls him closer, if even more possible. He wipes the tears staining Ryeowook’s cheeks and kisses his cheeks lovingly.

“I didn’t forget about you,” Kyuhyun answers, looking at Ryeowook’s eyes sternly. “How ever can I forget about you?”

“But you just did,” Ryeowook bawls like a girl, after tearing up and throwing a tantrum. “You said you’ll be leaving in two days. And you’re telling me I’m the one who’s—“

“And I said you’ll be coming with me.” Kyuhyun cuts him and he blinks at him.

“Didn’t you remember, I specifically wrote you a note to pack your things too, together with your compositions, because you’re coming with me?” Kyuhyun continues and Ryeowook blinks at him again, this time his face getting redder not because of annoyance but because of bedazzlement.

“You did?”

Kyuhyun nods, showing off a sly smile, “I wrote a note in your calendar, a few days ago. Even told your boss about it, and he agreed, as long as you’ll still be writing his agency’s music.”

Ryeowook tries to recall but got none. He eyes Kyuhyun for sometime and smiles. “Are you really going to take me with you?”

Kyuhyun nods, pressing his lips against Ryeowook’s temple. “I have to bring you with me. Because I don’t want to lose you.”