1/1

150308

 

It's such a sin to see an angel cry.

And Sehun feels as though the whole world was in between them, holding him back from wrapping his arms around the boy who had shed his precious tears. He could feel his heart clench at the way Baekhyun's voice break when he spoke, clamps his own lips together so he won't start crying as well. It had been a tough year, and Baekhyun had been so strong throughout, holding Sehun when he couldn't handle it and he wanted to do the same for the older. He wants to be there when Baekhyun cries, lend him a shoulder to lean on, embrace him and tell him that it's okay, that he's done the best he could and that he could cry all he wants, because Sehun will be there and so will their friends. He wants to kiss those tears away and tell him that he will never be alone.

Maybe it was because he had never seen Baekhyun cry so openly, or because he couldn't stand there and watch him cry while the others try to console him, so Sehun walks over to the other end, where they always place Baekhyun as if to elongate their distance, ignoring the chants of their fans and the questioning looks the other members gave him. His arms first found Baekhyun, wrapping around him just as they always do, a perfect fit as if they were made to hold the older. He embraces the crying boy tight against his chest, pressing his lips into Baekhyun's light brown hair and closing his eyes as he felt Baekhyun curl into his hold, shoulders shaking as he cried harder.

He breathes in the scent that Baekhyun carries, rubbed a palm down Baekhyun's back to tell him that it's okay, it'll be okay, and he could feel Baekhyun nodding to his silence, his own arms now circled around Sehun's waist. It would be cruel for Sehun to ignore it, knowing in his heart that Baekhyun needs it more than anything else at the moment. He kept his eyes closed as Baekhyun's sobs lessened, opening them only when he pulled back to look into the older's red-rimmed eyes. Baekhyun stares into his intently, as if seeking for some sort of assurance, his gesture seemingly not enough.

His tears were still flowing down his cheeks, and Sehun momentarily forgets that they were on stage, surrounded by not only their friends but crews and thousands of fans. He flashes a smile at the older, wiping away his tears with his thumbs and leaning in to press a kiss onto Baekhyun's forehead. Baekhyun's eyes closed at this, lips curling slowly into a smile when Sehun pulls away. But even as Sehun remembered the thousands of other people in this stadium, he couldn't let Baekhyun go just yet. He ignores the eyes that stared and the voices that called, continues to smile at Baekhyun and raising a hand to push back the older's hair. Baekhyun's smile grew wider.

"It's okay," he whispers, only for Baekhyun to hear as his hands cupped the older's face. "We'll be okay. You're beautiful, always have been, and it's okay to cry. It really is. You're still beautiful when you cry. You're still you and I still love you." His own voice was breaking and he had to stop so he won't cry too.

His fingers continue to caress Baekhyun's cheek, watching as the older male clutched onto his hand and closed his eyes at the gesture, opening them again to smile wider at Sehun. The silence was filled with camera clicks and Sehun's breathing, sounds of the fans' voices and their friends' questioning atmosphere. But none of those matter, not when Baekhyun's smiling at him as if he's found his miracle.

Baekhyun's hand came up to cup the side of Sehun's face, lips trembling but smiling and eyes shiny with tears, voice as soft as Sehun's had been. "Thank you. I love you so much, Sehun. Thank you."

By this time, Sehun sheds a tear or two, unable to control himself from what he does next. He's fully aware of the audience, of the crews that would reprimand him later for delaying the whole concert, of his friends who are trying to bring his attention back to their job. But Sehun's in love, not only with the way Baekhyun's smile lights up the whole stadium but also the way his eyes shine up at Sehun. He ignores them, he ignores them all when he leans down and presses his lips onto Baekhyun's softer ones, relieved when Baekhyun kisses back. And there's a voice at the back of his head telling him that he's screwed, but he doesn't care. He doesn't really care much about anything else but Baekhyun and their friends and his family.

His action alone would bring up another problem, but he does have Baekhyun, doesn't he? And Baekhyun has him; the smile he flashes at Sehun when they pulled apart tells him that yes, Baekhyun knows that too. And Baekhyun also thinks it would be okay.

They will be okay.