Grand

Wonderland
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Unnie, Lee Soo Man songsaengnim is expecting you upstairs."

I nodded at Lami, one of the company's trainees, who bowed down and went on her way. With a deep breath, I gathered all my wits and made my way to the president's office.

"Annyeonghasaeyo, songsaengnim." I bowed down from the door.

"Ah yes," Lee Soo Man teacher said as he looked up from the sheet of paper on his desk and clasped his hands together, "Taeyeon. Please, come in."

I nodded and closed the glass door behind me, proceeding to the couch infront of his desk. "You wanted to see me?"

He gave me a pointed look and chuckled, "I think we both know that you're due to see me sometime soon since the incident."

Incident.

That incident.

Lee Soo Man teacher actually put it quite nicely, and I'm thankful.

It's been 3 days, since the scandal about me and Baekhyun came out, 3 days, since my world changed.

I gave him a sheepish smile and looked down at the hands folded on my lap, feeling my eyes stinging as tears threaten to form. "I... I don't know what to say."

"How are you feeling?" He said, his voice gentle.

I'm hurt, I'm in pain, I'm so lost with what to do. "I'm doing okay," I said.

"Aish," I looked up at him, "Taeyeon, how can you still think that you can hide things from me?" His eyes were blazing, yet, his tone is still gentle. "You've been with me for a long time. Almost half of your life," he stood up from his chairs and walked around to sit beside me, "You can't lie to me," he touched my shoulder, "You can tell me anything."

This man, who has always represented a father-figure to me and my members. My teacher who I've always respected. My CEO who inky wants the best for me and my members. But why can't I say anything?

Sensing my hesitation, he spoke again. "Taeyeon, how are you feeling?"

And just like that, my eyes became faucets that wouldn't shut. Tears just came flowing out. "I don't know." I ran my fingers through my hair and shook my head. "I... I'm so lost." I bit my bottom lip to keep it from quivering and sighed, "I... I don't know."

The hand on my shoulder came around my other shoulder and he was hugging me to his chest. "It's okay."

And it all came out.

"How am I being looked at as such an evil person? I just wanted to be happy. And being with Baekhyun makes me happy, songsaengnim. He makes me happy." I pulled away from him and angrily wiped the tears away from my face. "He does, he really does. I swear he does." I have no idea why i felt the need to repeat that, but somehow, I felt like I needed to convince him.

He was nodding in understanding, "I know, Taeyeon. Just let it all out."

With that, I cried. No words were said, except for his quiet comforting words and my not so quiet sobs.

All the grief that I felt for the past three days... The words people were calling me, the fans that have left me... All the burden I've been carrying is suddenly speaking through the tears the won't stop flowing.

"We'll fix this."

I wanted to snort, but out of respect, I just nodded, resigned. "Okay."

"I promise, Taeyeon." I looked at him and saw the fatherly affection in his eyes. "I'm not gonna let some close minded people ruin what you and the other girls have worked so hard for all these years. I'll think of something."

I trusted him. I have no choice but to do so.

----------------------------------------


"How did it go?" Tiffany asked me from the driver's seat.

Her and I are just driving aimlessly around the city. Hours have passed since the talk with my CEO, and I feel lighter. Not better about how things are going, but lighter with the resolution in my head that things will get better. It has to.

I sighed. "Good, I guess. Anyway," I said, shaking my head because I don't want to continue on with the topic anymore. "He said he'll figure out something. To save my, our, images."

She nodded, "I see."

And then silence.

After a minute or so, I bit my lip and to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter