Once Upon a Time

Sleeping Prince

Prince Kris is the regular prince charming. He captures all the ladies' hearts as well as a few guys'. One guy in particular. Huang Zitao, or Tao for short. Tao had been the royal adviser until his ineptitude became too much for the royal family to ignore. Tao is totally smitten with Prince Kris. But, unfortunately for Tao, Prince Kris is betrothed to the lovely handsome Prince Joonmyeon of their neighboring kingdom Ihavemoney. Kris is the first in line for the throne of Notmystyle after his parents, King Kai and King Kyungsoo. After Prince Kris, in line for the throne are his brothers Prince Jongdae and Prince Yixing.

Now, Zitao is not the type of person to be jealous and want revenge. So when he hears that his love is betrothed, he vows to never let his precious Kris marry anyone other than himself, especially the to-good-to-be-true Joonmyeon! He comes up with a devious plan. He vows to find a way to keep Joonmyeon and his Kris apart forever and it will be foolproof. (Insert evil gloating and happy dancing!) And he knows foolish, because he has Chanyeol as his assistant. Most people think Chanyeol is a happy virus, but Tao has no patience for his playfulness and usually finds him annoying, but he was the only person that applied for the position.

"Chanyeol!" Tao bellows as he paces around in his tiny room that he'd been downsized to after losing his cushy position at the palace. "Yeessss," Chanyeol replies as he pokes his head around the doorway with a happy smile on his goofy face. Tao jumps, startled that his helper was nearer than he expected. "I have an important job I need you to do for me and for pity's sake DON'T MESS THIS UP!" Chanyeol looks slightly deflated by Tao's words. Chanyeol knows the "fool-proof" plans Tao devises are more to blame for their current situation than anything he has done but he chooses not to say anything rather than hurt Tao's feelings.

"Kris is mine, he just doesn't realize it yet!" Tao begins, "This Prince Joonmyeon is nothing compared to me! He may have the voice of an angel and the face a model for Medieval Teen but I'm sooooo much better!" he humphes, more to himself than to Chanyeol. Chanyeol rolls his eyes, having heard the "I'm too fab" speech from Tao on multiple occasions. "If it weren't for those two meddling prince wanna be's, Yixing and Jongdae, Kris and I would still be together!" Tao continues on his rant, placing blame for his lost position everywhere except with himself. Chanyeol doubts Prince Yixing is aware of anything outside of his quest to prove that unicorns were real, but he knows Prince Jongdae loves to stir up trouble. He shifts his weight from one foot to the other, never able to stay still for very long as he waits for Tao to explain what his part would be in this mind blowingly awesome plan.

Tao's ramblings continue on about how once he and Kris got married Kris could take him shopping and buy him expensive gifts until Chanyeol "accidently" knocks down Tao's favorite stuffed toy from it's resting place on his desk, effectively ending the tirade and Tao chasing Chanyeol out of the room so he could plot in peace.


A/N: This is my first chaptered fic AND my first Krisho fic!!! Yay!!! I'll have other idols pop in..... eventually :-P

Feel free to leave comments and upvote :D

And for future reference, the chapters will probably be pretty short and I will try to update daily because it's already written, but school gets in the way :'(