Minnie

distration

Jinki's POV

 

I've been using you as a distraction for some time now. your smile, your light, the way you stay calm and keep your cool in front of all these people, the people who call themselves our fans and say they love us. I am so afraid of theses beings. One wrong move and its all over. The smiles and love they show, its so easily pulled apart to show contempt. Cpntempt for the people who they promised to always love and support. You show no fear like you don't even now this possibility. Your strength is inspiring. I crave to have even a small fraction of such a beautiful thing. Instead I know I must create this on my own. I know I never can so I pretend I'm someone else. Someone who can stand on this stage next to you with no fear. But I know my facade is easily broken so i stay near and try to pull as much strength from you, and the fleeting bits of contact I receive from you along with the small blinding smile you send me for being so close, as I can. 

Its then that I remember I'm not the only one who gathers strength from another. You often tell me you are grateful for my being close and returning your smile every time. And its when you grab my hand backstage, that my legs unfreeze and my heart beats again bringing back my mind from the fog of fear, and I hear your voice next to me, louder then all those people's cheers, and pulling me back, to the place I know I can always smile. Just reminding me I am at your side. And you chuckle at my dumbstruck look and repeat yourself. 

"Hyung your mic is not on right you need to fix it so we can go out there. What are you daydreaming for?" I smile feeling back to myself again just by feeling of your hand still in mine, "Nothing now that you're here Minnie" I fix my mic up and lean my forehead against yours for a second to breath in the sent that is only yours to calm my heart. I then lean up to leave a small kiss on your cheek, smiling at your happy face when i pull back. "You're so silly hyung let's go give this stage our all" You pull me with you by the hand that leads to my heart, with no resistance from me. "yeah let's make them go crazy."

As long as I have you I know I Lee Jinki will always be happy and able to keep myself together out there with all those fleeting people.