001

Fate Like Destiny

*KRINGGGG*

 

My alarm clock went off and I quickly snoozed it off. Bright rays of light seeped out from the window and I can’t help myself to cover my face. “15 more minutes.” I mumbled to myself, but my alarm annoyingly went off again.  Groaning, I sat up in frustration. “I'm up! Happy?!”  I yelled to no one in particular, only silence greeted me.

Looking around my room, I realized that I'm in my new boarding house. Finding this cheap place was hard, but it was worth it. The place has a homey and peaceful feeling. It feels like I’m just at my hometown. Smelling the fresh breeze and hearing the tree branches sway with wind. It’s also near my school and the convenience store. Very convenient. The landlady seems so nice to too.

I feel like I hit a Jackpot.

But one thing is missing.

I glanced over the empty bed that was just right above mine and a frown came upon my face.

I’m all alone.

Living alone is so lonely and boring. I so need to find a roommate. I can’t stand all the silence here. And maybe a pet too. Maybe a cat or dog. The landlady here allows it anyway.

“First day of school, here I come.” I mumbled under my breath as I got out from my bed and fixed it neatly.

I opened up my closet and carefully chose what I would wear today. My new school has a strict rule of being conservative. You won't see anyone wearing shorts or revealing shirts there.

Looking over my sprawled clothes on the floor, I realized that all my fashionable clothes were a little bit revealing. That is a No No. I decided to wear a simple tee shirt and skinny jeans paired with my favorite sneakers, where I'm safe and comfortable.

Since I woke up rather early, I checked the other parts which I haven’t had the chance to check yesterday. After moving in yesterday, I quickly fixed my things then went to sleep afterwards. I was too tired to tour around.

“Uwaa~ There’s another room! I can have 3 roommates!” I clapped in joy in excitement as I view the bunk bed inside the room across mine. “Now all I have to do is to advertise this place.”

Things would be fun here once I found my roommates. I decided to cook something tasty for myself today but then again, I realized that eating alone, which I very much don't like, would be sad and depressing so I just treated myself toasted bread and a glass of milk.

Grabbing my bag, I chugged down my milk together with my bread and started to head out to my new school.

וו×

Walking down the street to my school while listening to my favorite songs early in the morning didn't felt so bad. In fact it was refreshing. The morning breeze and sunshine felt very invigorating that it made feel all pumped for school.

I passed by the convenience store and greeted the lady who owns the place. She greeted back, full of energy. We chatted for a little bit and I’ve learned a lot of new things. The nice lady even offered me to be part-timer in her store if I ever needed it. I excused myself when I realized I was running late already.

Time flies by so quickly.

A smile was curved on my lips until I accidentally bumped into someone. It was an old lady probably in her mid-70's, wearing a casual dress with a thin cloth over her head.

She probably didn't see me, seeing that she had her head down, “I'm very sorry ahjumma. It's my fault.” I helped her pick up her things but then the old lady caught me off guard when she grabbed my hand and started to stare at my palm, like she was reading it.

She then started to mumble something.

 

A new story will appear soon,

Meeting him will make you swoon.

Fall, the greatest adventure you'll face.

Face what has been written in your Fate.

A Fate Like Destiny.”


After all that, the old lady picked up her things, bowed and went ahead leaving me in a daze. I stared at my palm, trying to figure out her riddle but I couldn't so I turned around to ask the lady.

“Ahjumma, what-” I didn't get to finish my question as I realize that she was already long gone. She disappeared like a bubble. Without a trace.

I turned around again with a shudder. Now that old lady crept me out, big time. 

Dazed once more, I blinked three times, trying to puzzle out the things that just happened. It all happened so fast.

What a weird morning. I thought to myself before moving on.

וו×

As I enter my new school, a set of mixed emotion came rushing through me. I felt excited and nervous at the same time. A lot of new faces passed by as I try to slip out from the crowd. Peering over the heads of other students, I realized that my new school is huge. Bigger than my old school.

Now don't get me wrong. I'm not a transferee student. I'm a fresh high school graduate that just passed her entrance exam for college. I actually picked a school that's far away from my home.

I want to try living on my own; living independently. It was hard persuading my Parents with the decision I made, especially Mom. But I reassured her, saying that I’m all grown up now and I need to learn to live independently from now on so that I could face the harsh world all by myself. Or so I say.

After walking for what felt like ages, I realized that I just got lost. I glanced to my left and saw a group of friends. I glanced over at my right and I also saw a group of friends. I sighed in frustration. I'm all alone. I don't know anyone and I definitely don't have a friend here. I feel so awkward walking alone. I sat down on a bench, a tired and irritated look stuck on my face.

“Attention all freshman, please proceed to the Main Hall. The orientation will start momentarily. Thank you.” I suddenly heard through the speakers.

Okay, but where is the Main Hall?! I sighed in annoyance. Really, I'll explore this school later, so that I won't get lost that easily and maybe make some new friends so that I won’t be all alone anymore.

Seeing a lot of students started walking, I decided to follow them, hoping that they'll be going to same place.

Thankfully, they did. A lot of students were swarming to get into a room with a sign saying ‘Main Hall’. At the entrance, I saw a long table and a bunch of people getting names and handing out name tags. Probably, they’re getting the attendance as well.

I quickly queued in line, seeing the line getting longer by the second. “Park Han Joo.” I said as soon as it was my turn.

The girl, writing my name, was very pretty. She looks like she’s right about my age, probably 1 or 2 years older than me. Her brownish black hair tied in a ponytail topping her smooth pale face. “Course?”

After answering her question, the girl in front me of me smirked, “Welcome.” She handed me a piece of paper that was obviously the attendance sheet. I read it and my eyes widened to see only 2 names written on it and what made it worse is that they’re probably both … guys.

Wait What?! They're both guys?! No girl? I bit my lip in panic. No! This can't be! No no no no …

"Kim SeokJin"

"Kim NamJoon"

It said.

Okay. Now, I want to back out. I'll be the only girl? No, a big No No.

"Excuse me, Miss..."

I think I stood there gawking for about 5 minutes in shock until a hand waved in front of my face, drawing me out of my thoughts. I looked back and I saw many irritated looks. I quickly bowed in embarrassment, "Sorry."

Facing in front, I was quickly given my name tag. I was about to leave when the girl who wrote my name grabbed my wrist with a reassuring smile. “Wait.”

She probably read my mind, I, deciding to transfer to another school, seeing that I would probably be the only girl and that I would faint, not knowing what exactly to do with the situation. She’s right though. I’m really thinking of running away.

“Sir Choi!” She called someone. A handsome looking young man who was about to walk pass by us stopped and turned around with a welcoming smile, “Yes?”

OMGee! He's so cute! So my type! I thought while holding back a smile that would probably look creepy and obvious. But wait, “Sir”?

“Sir! She's the new girl in our department. Why don't you lead her to the other two?" The girl pushed me towards him. With a smile, I quickly bowed and introduced myself, “Hello! My name is Park Han Joo. Please take care of me!”

“Ah, yes. My name is Choi Si Won and I would be one of your Professor of your chosen course.” He said with a smile. He looks like the type to smile a lot. “But please call me Sir Won.”

Honestly speaking, our Professor is very good-looking. If it weren't for the fact that he's older and that he was one of my Professor, I would have developed a crush to him. “Yes, Sir .... Won.”

“Follow me.” He prompted, a satisfied smile on his face, and I quickly followed.

Sir Won, like what he insisted to call him, led me inside the humungous room. White chairs were lined up, row by row, and a number of students occupied them one by one. The stage was very broad and was decorated beautifully.

“Here they are.” Sir Won happily cheered and two heads immediately looked up, exposing two handsome men. I mentally squealed myself while watching them get up and introduce themselves.

Fudge, they're cute too. Maybe being the only girl isn’t so bad. I thought, a smile drawn on my face. Both of them were tall, both a head taller than me. One was all smiley while the other one looked a little bit serious.

Suddenly, my heart had beaten fast from excitement.

וו×

Part one of the orientation finally ended but we still have to go back later after lunch. Really, this orientation thingy is so boring and tiring. My 2 handsome classmates offered me to go eat with them but I politely declined, saying that I already have an appointment. But really, I don't. I just ate my snack that I bought earlier.

Walking around, I wondered and explored the school. I just let my feet walk where it could drag me but it was a bad move, I should say. Now, I'm lost again.

How stupid of me, really.

Fresh strong breeze past by me and my hair soared with it. It looks like I'm standing in the middle of a garden. A very big tree stood out amongst the other. It looks like it’s the oldest here as it stood firmly and strong, providing a wide range of shade. I’ll probably come here more often seeing that this part of the place is peaceful and relaxing.

“Gosh, this is so annoying!” I screamed at the top of my lungs, trying to vent out my anger. “Why is this happening to me?!” First day of school and I'm lost already. Well, technically, today is the second day but I was absent yesterday. I just knew it today. So yeah, I missed the opening ceremony and all but thankfully, official classes starts tomorrow.

“Augh! You're the one who's annoying! Someone is trying to sleep here!” A voice suddenly shouted back and I jumped in surprise.

“What?! W-who are you?! Show yourself!” Wait, I thought I was all alone here.

It's not a criminal in hiding right? No one would really do any crime in broad daylight right? And this is a school. This is the least place where crimes are least possible, right?

I inhaled and exhaled, trying to calm myself, but it was no use. I'm still freaking out. I could hear the throbbing of my heart. “Yah! You should show yourself!”

“Argh! So annoying.” I heard him mutter and then I heard a loud thud behind me.

I quickly looked back and was surprised to see a tall guy bending towards me, matching my height; a playful smirk plastered on his face, “Boo.” He whispered to my ear, his hot breath brushing against my neck.

Shiver run through me as I quickly took another step back, away from the weird guy, but I think I stepped on a stone, making me unbalanced and fall.

“Kyaa!” I screeched with my eyes closed. I waited for the pain of the fall but a minute already passed by and I didn't feel any pain.

“You're cute.”

A silent gasp escaped my mouth when my eyes fluttered open, to see the guy, whom I thought was a criminal in hiding just minutes ago, smirking at me, his face just inches away from my face. My eyes rounded in shock and embarrassment as soon as I realized that one of his hands was around my waist which prevented me from fall.

The tall guy was shockingly handsome. I couldn't see any single blemish in his face. His features carved with perfection. That's so unfair. Shame on me. I took a glimpse at his eyes and I was shocked when I found him gazing intently into my eyes.

It felt like my breath shortened by the way he looked at me. What's the deal with him? Don't look at me like that! I'm dying here with your stare! I screamed in my thought while averting his gaze. I think the longer I stare back at him, the redder my cheeks becomes.

“You could let me go now, you know?” I said as I wiggled out from his grasp. He looked as if he wanted to laugh.

“Y-yah! What's so f-funny, huh?” I stuttered as he let go of me.

I couldn’t seem to shake off the fast beating of my heart. I don’t know if it’s from being around him or the fact that he just surprised me. I just hope it’s the second one.

But I think it’s the first one. Okay, I should stop myself now.

Smirking, the guy just said, “Nothing, I think you should go now. Miss Park Han Joo.” He waved his hand as he walked away, leaving me dumb-founded at my spot.

Grabbing my shirt, I could still feel the fast beating of my heart. H-how did he know my name? 


 

Please subscribe and comment.

Chuu~