Chapter 1

Look at Me

 

Baby we're the New Romatics

Come on, come along with me

Heartbreak is the national anthem

We sing it proudly

- Taylor Swift, New Romantics


We were at my apartment that time, on my bed in particular. You were occupying half of it, sprawled in a rather ungraceful way with your back on the bed. That time, You were busy playing that computer game Kyuhyun recently developed. I, on the other hand, was sitting beside you with my back against the headboard trying so much as to concentrate on the lyrics I was writing. It was difficult to do so, probably because of one: your raspy breathing that made me think you're having with someone invisible, two: your scent that somehow always hypnotized me and, three: your legs   that were starting to get exposed. I swear it took a lot of self-berating and self-control for me not to to pin you down, strip that satin dress from you, spread your legs and just make you understand how much I love you.

"Yoona." I finally called you out.

"Hn?" you mumbled in reply.

"Pause that first and look at me." I said.

You grunted a little but did what I told you as you sat up and stared at me with those beautiful doe eyes of yours that seemed to challenge mine to back down. I laughed at your childishness and it was obvious you were annoyed.                     

"What is it, oppa?  Don't tell me you let me pause that game just so you could make fun of me?"           

"And what if I did?" I retorted, amused.

"Then I hate you. "  You said with a roll of your eyes.

"I doubt that."

"And what made you say-"

"Would you go on a date with me tonight?" I quickly interjected.

"Wha... what did you say, oppa?"
                                       
"I'm asking if you want to go on a date with me tonight. I mean, it's Valentines day in case you forgot."

"I have a boyfriend, oppa!"

"And he's nowhere in Seoul." I said triumphantly. "From what I've heard CNBLUE's currently on a world tour and knowing your Jonghyun, he's probably dating his guitar."

"And as such, you wanted me to go out with you and commit adultery?"

I laughed again, this time however, as an act to hide my growing pains and jealousy, "Oh come on Yoona! Can't this handsome oppa of yours take his pretty dongsaeng on a friendly date?"

"You're not my only handsome oppa you know. Plus, if the paparazzi see us, they'll make a big deal out of it."

"Don't worry about the paps. They've published enough articles about us that the world does not care anymore. Also, I doubt the others are available tonight. Donghae hyung and Seunghyun hyung are probably in a bar or in a bed with whoever they find alluring. Changmin is probably somewhere with Kyuhyun and as for Siwon hyung? As far as I can remember, he's in Jiufen for a photoshoot."     

"There is always Jaejoong oppa." Yoona retorted.

I only smirked before saying, "Who is currently in Paris for a business deal."

"I really hate you now, oppa."

"Is that a yes?"

You looked at me for a few seconds before nodding your head. I smiled inwardly before getting up from the bed and motioning for you to follow me.

"Jiyong oppa?" you called out.

"Hn? What is it, Yoona?"

"You do know that I didn't mean it when I said I hate you right?"

I only smiled at you and said, "Of course, little one."