FINAL

The Name I Loved

Donghae cannot sleep, his body practically moving restlessly on his bed bunk, shifting into different positions, rearranging his pillows for a comfortable position.. He tried everything he could sleep but to no avail. It was always like this at this time of the month. His body, or rather his mind, is not letting him get its badly needed rest, not even a single wink of sleep.

He peeked (for the nth time) at the empty bed across his bunk, eyeing the space that should have been occupied by his best friend.

Lee Hyukjae, the skinny and shy kid he managed to befriend in the train on his first year in Hogwarts. Donghae was alone and cannot find an empty cart to stay on, so he pushed his luck and tried to befriend the person in next cart he looked into.

The kid was a shy, timid boy with skinny arms and loose clothes. He merely nodded when Donghae asked him if he could stay in the cart, the boy observed him for a second and looked back to the window, carefully avoiding eye contact.

It took about an hour of silence before Donghae (again) mustered up the courage to talk to the other boy. They started a little awkwardly since Hyukjae only gave short replies and Donghae was fumbling for more topics. Luckily they discovered that they have common interest, which is muggle music and dancing and eventually many other things they had yet to find out. He also had yet to find out that Hyukjae who looked shy and timid at first is actually a very warm and caring person.

They became friends after that and both were sorted into the same house. The two were practically inseparable since then and shared almost everything, from their classes to their homework (actually Hyukjae does the homework, Donghae is.. well talented in other categories than studying) and even their bedbunks (it took Hyukjae quite a while to get used to his bed bunk and shyly asked Donghae if he can share beds in their first year. After that Hyukjae denied that even happened)

They help each other a lot, Hyukjae always supported him in his quidditch, while Donghae helped him to have more friends. During Christmas they sent each other letters through their owls. Hyukjae even visited his house once during their third year.

They were very close, everyone knew that.

Their circle of friends became bigger and Hyukjae is finally socializing with others. Now they are in their fourth year in Hogwarts and both of them are closer than ever.

However the problem is that he knew his best friend has been keeping a secret from him ever since. Donghae noticed that Hyukjae would always disappear every month without saying anything. Hyukjae immediately leaves after class without even any word to Donghae.

Of course like a good friend, he tried to understand and pretended not to notice the unexplained disappearance and the extremely exhausted Hyukjae after every night.

And so it continues up until now.

Donghae is not stupid. He has an idea what this is all about but did not want to entertain such train of thought, not until Hyukjae trusts him enough to tell him himself.

Donghae sighed heavily, figuring that he cannot sleep even if he had wanted to. Reaching for the wand on his nightstand, he observed his roommates (Kyuhyun was snoring while Sungmin was sound asleep, he almost envied them. almost) before muttering a quiet 'Lumos' while searching for an old piece of parchment he hid under his bed. Donghae sat up and leaned onto the headboard.

"I solemnly swear that I am up to no good." Donghae murmured as quietly as possible.

Actually this is not just an old piece of parchment, it was a map that shows every single nook and cranny inside Hogwarts including all the passages to get outside school. It is also able to show any person inside Hogwarts up until its grounds.

He was able to knick it in Filch's cabinet while serving detention last week (he swear he did not mean to trip Mcgonagall in the hallway but Hyukjae was not there to think of a logical excuse. So detention it is). He has recalled hearing about this so called map and was amazed that it actually exists.

And it is pretty useful, just like now.

He scanned every corridor where Hyukjae might be in, his nerves unsettling and his heart tingling.

Finally he found his bestfriend's name in the castle grounds, he was about to breathe a sigh of relief but sat up straight as he realized the direction his friend was heading to.

The Forbidden Forest.

He scrambled up from his bed. Not knowing what he wanted to do but his mind was already set on following Hyukjae. Wand and parchment at hand, not even caring that he was still wearing pajamas. He passed through the fat lady and ran as quickly as possible, ignoring the grumbles of every painting he passed.

He had to find Hyukjae. He had to know it’s not true.

Using the map to avoid any possible detention he might get, Donghae managed to get out of the castle into the Forbidden Forest unscathed.

Running around the forest was not the best plan there is but right now he has no choice.

Unable to see very clearly (curse his slightly bad eyesight) Donghae tripped on the lush most of the time. But he continued running and searching for Hyukjae. He wanted to shout but knew better than to disturb the creatures within the forest. Donghae was about to check the map when he heard the leaves just behind him rustle.

Donghae pretended not to notice anything and ran just a little bit faster. Making sure he made the quietest of noises.

His lungs were protesting due to lack of air, his heart beating erratically due to fear and his mind whirling, full of situations that may happen after this. It was cold, making him shiver, or maybe it was fear.

Finally he was out of the forest but unfortunately he does not know if he should feel relieved or not. Because in front of him was the Whomping Willow. He extinguished the light from his wand and gripped the parchment tighter.

It was almost as good as he is dead but he cannot stop right now, he thought. He hears the rustle approaching him, he willed his legs to run even more despite the exhaustion until he tripped on a rock, causing him to fall down on his knees.

He looked back and was greeted by deep red eyes. He gasped softly but did not make any sound. He cannot scream nor even make any sound. A wolf stood behind him, its fur was silver which casts a glow against the moon. Its breathing was quick and shallow, matching Donghae’s. Its teeth bared and a low growl can be heard through its lips. But what really made it frightening was the pair of red eyes gazing at him, with a clear intent from those orbs.

Death.

The wolf was growling softly, eyes darkening into a deeper blood red.

Donghae's heart beat even faster, his mind thinking of ways to escape from this.

He tried to get away and to stand on his feet but he knows in the back of his mind that this legs will fail him anytime. Nonetheless he stood up very slowly and tried to step away from the wolf. But with every step he takes the wolf takes two more.

Donghae prayed to anyone out there, while trying to get away from the approaching wolf.  He closed his eyes and vainly hoped for something, anything.

With hands slightly shaking he glanced at the map in his hands and his heart dreaded. In front of his name was the name he had been searching for.

Lee Hyukjae.

His back met a rough surface, his knees know failing him, Donghae sank onto his knees. His wand and the parchment fell out of his grasp.

He tried to think of anything but his mind was blank. Donghae wanted to run but knew it was futile, he cannot escape this wolf.

This wolf, who happens to be Lee Hyukjae, his bestfriend and the person he has fallen in love with.

Donghae wanted to call out to his bestfriend, hoping that he will emerge somewhere and save him from this nightmare. He wanted Hyukjae to laugh at him and tell him he is silly. He wanted this to be just a dream, just a really bad dream.

He knelt there hoping that his bestfriend was not the same creature who is about to killing him.

He closed his eyes as the wolf neared him. Eyes full of intent to kill, gracefully moving under the bright moonlight, growling even deeper than ever.

Donghae braced himself from the inevitable and closed his eyes.

He wanted to cry but all he ever managed was to softly call out his bestfriend’s name.

"H-hyukjae."

Taking a deep breath and braced himself for the inevitable he softly cried out.

"Hyukjae"

But the wolf did not seem to hear him and instead was revealing its sharp claws.

His eyes firmly closed he felt tears running down his cheeks. He sobbed and tried to prevent the tears from flowing.

"Hyukjae." this time he called out even louder. Now fully crying he chanted the name over and over not caring of anything at this point. He just wanted to call out the name of the person he had held dearly inside his heart.

The same name he had called out for this past 4 years. The same name he had first known in Hogwarts. The name of the person he had loved all this time.

Donghae felt warm hands cupping his cheeks, wiping the tears that flowed out.

He opened his eyes and saw a pair of warm brown ones.

"Hyukjae."

 

--

A/N: UGGGGGGGH *wipes sweat* i'm so. sorry for the incoherence and the errors. (I'm going to edit it once I have the time)

but before anything. I just want to fangirl over Eunhae's teaser. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhHUAn2fIes) ASDAKSAFLDSJGDKFKFSKHDSJ. OMYGOD. 

and yeah thank you for coming this far and for finding the time to finish this trash fanfic . i love you my dear reader. *hugs*

so uhm. bye. *runs away*