Final

Petting Zoo

Taemin and Jinki were walking around the carnival, the heat of the day starting to bare down on them.  “Let’s go in here and cool of a second.”  Jinki tugs Taemin towards the petting zoo, shaded under a large tent.  Immediately they are hit with the smell of grass and hay.  Taemin wrinkled his nose, but the variety of cute animals paired with his dorky boyfriend quickly distracted him from the unpleasant odors and he started having fun.  

An odd variety of animals were on display.  Some in aquariums, he avoided those, not wanting to check out anything of the reptile or arachnid variety.  There were some smaller rodent like animals, he chuckled at the hedgehog grunting and burying itself under a pile of chips and fluff.  He watched as Jinki mocked a camel eating moving his jaw back and forth like a goofball.  Jinki even made him stop to take blurry selfies with the llamas, it made him a little nervous when he heard one of them snort loudly behind them.  “Those things spit!”  he hissed at Jinki walking away slowly.  
At the end they got to the pin with a few baby animals inside.  Jinki mooed at the calf laughing when its wet nose tickled his palm, he stayed and “talked” to it while Taemin moved on around the other side of the pen.    
A cute little sheep caught his eye, crouched in the corner.  He knelt down next to the ball of white fluff, talking softly and gently patting it’s nose through the pen.  One of the caretakers came over to him, “she likes you.”  Taemin smiled brightly up at the worker.  “She usually shies away from people.  We are getting ready to bottle feed her, would you like to help?”  
“No…no.  That’s okay, I shouldn’t.”  Taemin said hesitantly as he felt the little creature tug at his heartstrings. Looking up at him with big eyes. 
“Why not babe?”  Jinki came up behind him. “You should do it.  When else would get the chance to feed a cute little sheep?”
Taemin looks up at the caretaker unsure, “well…okay.”  
He guides them over to a quiet spot away from the other animals, him and Jinki sit down on a tattered blanket and the worker hands him a bottle.  “It’s not much different from feeding any other baby, keep the bottle slightly at an angle to prevent air bubbles.  She’ll take care of the rest.”  He instructed.  Next he hands over the baby sheep whose name was Daisy.  Even though she was so young she took up most of his lap as he sat.  He carefully held around her back for support and she quickly latched onto the bottle.  Taemin smiled, gently playing with the little tufts of white cottony fur while she fed.  Jinki rested his head on Taemin’s shoulder and watched.  The little slurping noises the animal was making caused him to giggle.  
Daisy drank up the last bit of formula quickly, but stayed put in Taemin’s lap, tired after eating.
“D’awe, she’s sleepy now that her belly is full.”  Jinki cooed, petting her gently behind the ears while Taemin’s arms held her gently.  
“Just how someone else I know gets.”  Taemin teased.
Jinki poked him in the ribs gently.  “Hey…”
“I don’t want to move her, she looks so peaceful.”  Taemin whispered.  
Just as he said that the baby animal stirred, standing up slightly, and just then Taemin felt something warm over his thigh.  Daisy clumsily got off his lap and Taemin looked down to realize she had left a fairly large puddle of pee on his leg.  
“Eeeewww.  Grossssss.”  He gulped, the hair on the back of his neck bristling up.  
Jinki looked wide eyed for a second before he doubled over in laughter.  
“Hyunnnnng!  It’s not funny!”  Taemin whined standing up, feeling some of the liquid drip down his leg.  “What am I…this…ick.”  His face twisted in a sour expression.  
Jinki got to his feet unable to control himself, “T-Taemin, it l looks like you p-peed your p-pants.” Stuttering as he erupted into an even bigger fit of laughter pointing at the huge wet spot on Taemin’s leg.  
“Ugh, it’s warrrmmmm.” 
“Puhahaha!”  Jinki whipped the tears rolling from his eyes.

A little while later they walked out of the petting zoo, Taemin’s soiled pants in a plastic bag.  “It was really nice of that older care taker to give you those pants you could change into.”  Jinki tried to hold back the laughter in his throat, covering his mouth.  
“Yeah…” Taemin sounded bitter as he looked down at the baggy floral print house pants that hung off his hips.  
“It was good they had that spare bit of rope to tie around your waist to hold them up too….”  Jinki’s voice broke as he cracked, pulling up Taemin’s shirt to expose the rope tied awkwardly around his waist to hold the old lady’s pants up on his narrow frame.  
“I’m glad you think this is so funny.”  Taemin pulled his shirt out of Jinki’s hands roughly, “can we please just get out of here.”
“But we haven’t gone on all the rides yet.”  Jinki protested.  Taemin cut him a look that could kill.  
Jinki bit his lip to hide his smile.  “And, well I was hungry, we haven’t eaten yet either.  I wanted to get cotton candy and popcorn and…”  Jinki continued on his hopes for the rest of the day.  
“Hyung…seriously.  Look at me, I was peeeeeed on.”  He held the plastic bag up as a visual reminder.  
“It’s not that bad Tae…they gave you baby wipes to clean up, and those pants, well, they have to be a lot cooler than jeans.”  He pinched Taemin’s secretly “especially with no undies on.”
“JINKI!”  Taemin smacked his hand away. 
“Sorry SORRY!..,I’m sorry.  I was just really looking forward to seeing the fireworks at the end of the carnival tonight too.  It would be romantic.” He pouted, looking down at the ground now, any hint of a smile disappeared from his face.
Taemin sighed in defeat and tossed his pants in the nearest trash can.  He wasn’t going to carry them around the rest of the day.  
“Fine.  We can stay.  But we get barbecue for lunch.  I want beef, not chicken.”  He put his arm around Jinki’s shoulder pulling him closer.  
Jinki nodded quietly a smile creeping back on his lips.