Final

A Drabble

Youngjae yawns as he stretches his limbs. He’s been sitting here for the past 4 hours and he still can’t finish his essay. What in the world has possessed him that he agreed to major in World History? As far as he remembered, he once failed his History exam in high school. He takes a glance towards the clock.

“It’s 2.30 in the morning already.” He should go to sleep if he doesn’t want to knock his head against the table in tomorrow’s class. But he can’t, not yet. He has to send this essay tomorrow, and he still has 4 paragraphs to write. Deciding to take a small break, he stands up and walks out of the room and goes to the kitchen. He’s too lazy to make some tea, so he just drinks a glass of water, stretches his limbs some more and go back to his workroom.

Walking past their shared bedroom, Youngjae feels the urge to check up on Jaebum. The latter caught a fever a few days ago, and thank God he’s getting better now. One thing Youngjae learns being his boyfriend for the past 2 years, a sick Jaebum is a clingy Jaebum. Like, very clingy. Since he can’t go to his classes and is left at home all alone, Jaebum calls Youngjae every ing hour Youngjae’s not at home. Not that he complains, though. He quite understands that Jaebum must be lonely and he wants someone to talk to, but Youngjae can’t afford to answer his calls in the middle of the class. It always ends up with Jaebum sulking and Youngjae is forced to take the man out for an ice cream treat. And Jaebum won’t listen to his advice to not eat ice cream when he’s sick. Just give him what he wants and he’ll be fine.

A sick Jaebum is also a super -cuddly Jaebum. He is willing to skip meals only to cuddle with Youngjae. It doesn’t matter where, though. Be it the bedroom, or the couch, or the balcony, or in the kitchen. He drags Youngjae back to bed when the latter has to wake up for school. As much as Youngjae loves to stay, he also needs to graduate with flying colours. Jaebum will only let Youngjae leave with the promise that he’ll come home as soon as possible.

Youngjae smiles as he leans at the door frame of their bedroom. Jaebum is asleep, but he’s frowning. Nightmares? Cold? Lonely? Youngjae doesn’t know. He suddenly remembers about their dinner earlier.

Youngjae was washing the plates after dinner when he felt a pair of strong arms made its way around his waist. He nearly dropped the plate.

“Hyung, you scared me.”

“I miss you.”

Youngjae chuckled.

“Hyung, I’m right here. Why would you miss me?”

“Because I always miss you whenever you’re not by my side.” Youngjae decided to laugh out loud.

“That is so cheesy, hyung. Where did you read that?”

Instead of replying to the question, Jaebum lowered his right hand to Youngjae’s belt, and before he could take it down any further, Youngjae grabbed his hand. He whined and pouted.

“No, hyung. You have a fever. We can do it later, when you are healthy enough.”

“But, I need something to help me recover.” He tightened his arms around Youngjae.

“You mean your medicine? I’ll get it for you. Go sit on the couch and I’ll bri-“

“You.”

“Wh-what?”

Jaebum turned Youngjae around to face him. He cupped Youngjae’s face and leaned in to kiss him softly on the lips.

“I said, you. I just need you.”

“But, hyung…”

“No, we don’t have to have . We could just sit on the couch and cuddle till we fall asleep. I just want to cuddle with you.”

Youngjae found himself agreeing to Jaebum’s request and ended up forgetting his homework.

 

“Oh . I haven’t finished the essay.” Youngjae feels like slapping himself on the face. He closes the door and goes to the workroom to finish his essay, for real.

 

 

 

It’s 4 in the morning. Youngjae finally finishes the few last words on his essay. When he looks over to the clock, he almost falls from his chair.

“Oh my god. I have to wake up in 3 hours time, .” He quickly gathers all his books and stuffs and throws them in his bag. He doesn’t need to arrange his books neatly.  All he needs right now is his sleep, or he’ll looks like a freaking zombie when he wakes up.

 

 

He tip-toed into the bedroom, making sure his boyfriend doesn’t wake up. Jaebum was facing his side of the bed, so Youngjae swiftly gets under the covers and snuggles into Jaebum’s chest. His hot breath tickles Youngjae’s forehead, and he finds himself slowly drifting into dreamland.

“Where have you been?” Jaebum’s sleepy voice startles Youngjae.

“You’re awake, hyung? Did I wake you up? I’m sorry. Let’s just go to sleep.” Jaebum pulls Youngjae closer.

“I’m not even asleep.”

“Why?”

“Because you’re not here.”

Jaebum kisses the top of Youngjae’s head and the latter moves in tighter, inhaling Jaebum’s scent.

“Good morning, hyung.” Youngjae feels Jaebum smiling.

“Good morning to you too.”


Why am I doing this ? It's almost 5 in the morning and I still haven't sleep. I'm sorry for the mistakes.