OBH•CHP1

Our Boarding House
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

OBH • Chapter One







I sat on the edge of my now plain bed. The sheets and pillowcases tucked away neatly into one of the various suitcases at my feet. Today was the day I'd be leaving home, my mother always told me it would be the best for me. I stared outside of my window one last time, soaking in the view I might not see for a while.

 

My mother walked in and smiled, "Ready to go sweetie?"

 

I nodded slightly and she walked over and helped me with my bags. We boarded into the car, just the two of us. My father wasn't around and my mom never really talked about him so I never asked. It wasn't long before we reached the airport and my mother sighed and looked over at me.

 

"Do you want me to walk in with you?" She raised her brows nervously and I shook my head, this little moment would do.

 

"No I'm fine mom, I'll call you when I land." I began to exit the car and she followed suit.

 

Once my suitcases were out of the car we hugged and said our goodbyes. My mom shedding a few stray tears but nonetheless she still let me go. I walked into the busy airport that was buzzing with people. There were people with place cards that had the names of their favorite idols that would wait until their bias landed. There were also others waiting for loved ones, and the rest of us regular citizens getting ready to leave our home.

 

Flight 792 Preparing to board. Please arrive at the gates with passports in hand.

 

The woman over the intercom spoke and I hurried over, brushing past random bodies that were in a rush. I reached the gates and there was a fairly long line. Who knew other people were also traveling to the place I was. Once it was my turn I handed the attendant my passport and she checked my bags, allowing to keep my bookbag and small duffle to take aboard.

 

I climbed onto the plane and quickly found my seat, I was grateful to have a window seat so I wouldn't have strange people brushing against me. I stuffed my duffle above the over head and took my seat. The flight would be long, 11 hours or so so I wouldn't arrive until the next day.

 

Good

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter