Two

Snowangels
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Still like the chilling winter air, the omega slept, fur frozen, figure barely shifting. He was breathing still, that was clear to the alpha, but how long would his frozen lungs accept air? He could not wake, not as even the last trace of snow was cleared from his fur. Not as his pup pleaded with him, not as the alpha nudged his side gently with his snout. He lay without motion... Only his mind was awake, the whispers of death seeping into his slumbering conscious.

He was reliving those long months once more. Pain, pain, pain. The soft whimper of soft bundles of messy fur. Little snouts searching for food, yaps of happiness when the little ones were fed. Two  pairs of eyes filling gradually with understanding.

"The alpha is mine. Keep the ," Cries. Pain. Sobbing. One last look into baby blue eyes.

Pup whimpering for his brother. First words being of longing and confusion. What was going on? Why was it only him and his mama? Why was their mama so sad and shivering?

Why were they leaving home?

"Stop," the darkest of voices coaxed the omega out from his frozen sleep. It was a command: low but sure. It was bound to be obeyed. An alpha's words were never to be denied. It was cold. The omega's breath hitched in his throat as a rush of cool air hit his now-dry fur. He was awake, but barely. His mind was fuzzy and memories unclear. Had his old pack find him? Had he been taken back to the cave that had been his home since he had been born? Would he be punished for running away? For wanting his pups to live differently? His thoughts were running a mile a minute but they barely registered in his brain. It was as if he was an outsider listening to them. He felt.... detached.

"Why is mama not waking up?" It was his sweetheart. Luhan. He was talking. Albeit too quiet and shy, he was conversing with the alpha as if nothing had happened. As if he had not just ordered his mother to stop... to stop whatever he had been doing. What could he not do again? Was it dreaming? Or sleeping? Or was he supposed to go back to normal despite his frozen state?"I want my mama back, alpha.."

"He is awake, he can hear you but he can't reply. Snow and wolves does not mix well, pup. You sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter