Calm.

Single-winged ghoul.
Please log in to read the full chapter

It was one of those days where the sun shone gently upon your skin and the temperature was perfect. Where the sky was as blue as it could be and completely clear of clouds, with a soft breeze coming in whenever you opened the window – one that was strong enough to be playing with your hair, but not strong enough to be irritating.

Yungi’s pencil, the back of it, was clenched between his pearly white teeth as he sat back in his chair, looking out of the window. He was a university student, the kind that didn’t move one finger in class and was always staring out of the window instead of paying attention to the endless talking of his teacher about the origins of the Korean language and what not. He took the course of music, but he didn’t expect being confined in a classroom with one a subject a day, all for seven hours, so he only paid remote attention when he deemed  it important enough.

He was the kind of student that was described as lazy perfection by men and women alike. Dishevelled hair underneath his beanies, black and thickly rimmed Ray Bans resting on his nose with such a varied attire that it surprised even the teachers since it only consisted of the shades black and white. And today it was no different.

A black leather jacket, with a white tee with black print and black jeans so tight that they clung onto his thighs ever so provocatively while his favourite pair of black and white Rick Owens were on his feet. And, of course, a beanie on top of his head. All this while he didn’t give a about classes because he would get good grades either way.

Top student, to be specific.

The bell pulled him violently out of his thoughts and did he immediately grab at his messenger bag to sling it over his shoulder, and walk out of the class. As soon as the fresh air hit him, Yungi, the droopy-eyed and “seemingly always sleepy” student decided to walk by the nearest Starbucks to get himself some coffee (since that was all he could tolerate drinking as far as human food extended).

Yeah, human food. As he walked, his mind wandered. He was a ghoul that beheld more human traits than ghoul traits except the fact that he ate fellow human beings but even that started to beco

Please log in to read the full chapter