NEW YORK,....WE'RE IN LOVE....

NEW YORK,....WE'RE IN LOVE....(ONE SHOT STORY)

MC Lee Kyung Kyu said, "The originators of melodrama on variety programs were Kim Jong Kook and Yoon Eun Hye," referring to their virtual couple relationship on 'X-Man.'  MC Sung Yuri asked if they had dated to which a taken aback Kim Jong Kook replied, "It would've been nice if we had dated, right?" and laughed.

He continued, "When we were recording, I would think of her as my woman.  Within this, if a woman who was coupled up with me was being asked out by another man, I thought that I'd have to protect her."

MC Kim Je Dong brought up an ideal type, saying he prepared an 'Ideal Type World Cup' for Kim Jong Kook to do.  When the named women were Sung Yuri, Suzy, and Yoon Eun Hye, Kim Jong Kook was unable to hide his happy smile.

Kim Je Dong noted, "Your face gets red just at the sight of Yoon Eun Hye's name.  Do you really like her?"  He chose Yoon Eun Hye, saying, "Yoon Eun Hye was the ideal type I liked."

 

 

It has been one whole day that Jong Kook tried to contact his secret girlfriend, Ji-hyo. He knew she must have been upset with the interviews he did in the Healing Camp which evolves about his past with Yoo Eun Hye. It’s not a topic that he’s comfortable to talk about. But since the MC was Lee Kyung Kyu and Kim Je Dong who he has fully respected, he has no choice but to answer the best he can. Although he never expected the topic became huge and headlines in the internet, there is nothing much he can do. He tried to call Ji-hyo right after the show to explain everything before the news spread out but it seems that the live fans are faster than him.

“Ji-hyo ah…..please answer the call….please…..I can explain….” Jong Kook left his voicemail message.

He was hoping after few minutes Ji-hyo would return the call. But it was hopeless. He waited until he fell asleep and the next morning, the first thing he checks was his mobile phone, hoping that there’s a text message from Ji-hyo or probably a miss call. But none of it appeared.

It’s hard for him and the relationship since they have kept it secretly from everyone except their managers. Not even the Running Man members knew about it. Of course he would love to reveal everything to the public but thinking of the consequences that will affect many people especially Ji-hyo, he decided to keep it among them. And because of that, Ji-hyo had always been hurt especially when people kept teasing Jong Kook with Yoo Eun Hye. No matter how hard she tried to be professional, it still hurt her. And now that Jong Kook himself release a statement related to Eun Hye, he knew Ji-hyo must be devastated.

He has no choice but to contact Ji-hyo’s manager, Baek Chang Joo who at first had been rumored to be dating Ji-hyo.

“Yoboseyo!” Chang Joo greeted.

“Hyung,……it’s me….”

“Oh….Jong Kook ah…What’s up?”

“….Hyung….Is Ji-hyo….with you right now?”

“Ji-hyo? No! She has been busy arranging many things for her departure to New York in few days’ time.”

“Oh…I forgot about that….So she’ll still attend the Dramafever Award as planned right?”

“Err….actually no, Jong Kook ah. She’s going to New York for her magazine photoshoot. We’ve just been informed about the re-schedule date so Ji-hyo cannot make it to the award. Didn’t she tell you about it?”

“Em….err…..Actually….no…..” Jong Kook stuttered.

“So there is something going on between you two isn’t it? I assume because of your interview in the Healing Camp?”

“……Yeah….I think so….I tried to call her as soon I finished the show but it seems that she already heard it from somewhere else. She never returns my call or text until now.”

“Well…..she did seem upset…but every time I asked, she only said to focus on our coming trip to New York.”

“That’s why, hyung. I hope I can clear it before our departure but….I can see that she’s running away from me now. You know if I’m feeling crazy I would just show up in front of her house. But that will only make things worse for us.”

“Hmm….I wish I could help, Jong Kook ah. But you know Ji-hyo can be stubborn and I don’t wanna do anything that will affect her work in New York.”

“I understand, hyung. I don’t want to trouble you too. But….is it possible if you make her to take the same flight as mine? I see it’s the only way I can meet her without being in front of many eyes. Besides, my mother will come along the trip and Ji-hyo always loves to meet her. So I hope that will cool her a bit and we can finally talk about this.”

“Feuhhh….that’s quite hard and risky, Jong Kook ah. Coz she strictly stated that she doesn’t want to take the same flight as yours.”

“Hyung, please help me on this one. It’s my only chance. I’m counting on you, hyung” Jong Kook pleaded to Chang Joo.

Baek Chang Joo stay silent for few minutes before finally replied.

“Well, I know that she won’t be able to enjoy her trip this time with the problem she had with you. So it’s better if you both settle everything and can focus on your work later.”

“Right, hyung! You are absolutely right. So please hyung…”

“Fine! I’ll arrange that. But it’s the only favor I can do. No more after this.”

“Of course, hyung. You already help too much. I’m so thankful to you, hyung.”

“N-neh! You owe me this one. Treat me for dinner one day.”

“Hahaha….no problem, hyung…..Thanks, again….”

“Sure! Take care! Don’t kill yourself….hahaha…”

“Aishh hyung! Don’t say that….okay hyung…goodbye!!”

It feels a bit relieve after Jong Kook spoke with Chang Joo. At least there is hope.

 

And after two days, it is the day for him to fly out of Korea. He was nervous thinking how to approach Ji-hyo and what’s her reaction going to be. He hopes he will be able to coax Ji-hyo during their flight.

Ji-hyo quickly fastens her seatbelt once she found her seat in the First Class. Chang Joo settles their hand carry in the overhead bin and while he’s doing that, Jong Kook suddenly approaches.

“Oh….hyung….Can’t believe we’re in the same flight,” Jong Kook pretended.

Ji-hyo turns her head and surprised to see that Jong Kook is on the same flight as her. She quickly turns her head back to the front and starts fidgeting her fingers.

“Ahhh….Jong Kook ah….I thought your flight was yesterday…” Chang Joo act along.

“A-ni, hyung! It is today….”

“I see….Well….enjoy the journey and rest well, Jong Kook ah…”

“N-neh, hyung…I will…”

When Chang Joo sits next to Ji-hyo, Ji-hyo quickly whispers to him.

“Oppa, I thought I said it loud and clear that I don’t wanna take the same flight as him.”

“Oh…I must have mistaken his date then. I thought he flew out yesterday.”

Ji-hyo glare sharply at her manager, almost didn’t believe his statement.

“What?? Why are you looking like that, Ji-hyo ah?”

“Are you sure this is not your plan to make me take the same flight as him, oppa?”

“Whh….of course not….Why would I do that? I mean, what’s the benefit for me?”

Ji-hyo stays silent. She turns to look out of the window to calm herself. It would have been nice if Jong Kook is next to her right now thru out the long journey but since the story about him and Eun Hye blew up, it is just too much for her to take. She keep talking inside herself that she didn’t realize Jong Kook already stand next to Chang Joo.

“Ji-hyo ah, hi….How are you doing?” Jong Kook approached.

“Good…..Still alive….Wouldn’t waste killing myself for someone who’s not worth it…..” Ji-hyo replied in annoyance.

“Ouch….that hurt….” Jong Kook sighed.

But Chang Joo already chuckle softly.

“Hyung, it’s not funny okay…I’m hurt here….”

“Hahaha…It’s not my problem, Jong Kook ah…hehehe…”

“Chih! Anyway, Ji-hyo ah, my mother came along the trip. And she would love to meet you. Can you come and meet her for a while before takeoff?”

Ji-hyo knew when it comes to Jong Kook’s mother, she has no reason to refuse. Slowly she unbuckles her seatbelt and walk towards Jong Kook’s mother.

“Annyeonghaseyo, ajumeoni,” Ji-hyo greeted.

“Oh…Ji-hyo ah…You took the same flight also?”

“Ah n-neh, ajumeoni. I have work in New York for photoshoot.”

“Wowww….That must be a good pay since you’re willing to travel so far only for photoshoot..” Jong Kook’s mother joke with Ji-hyo.

“Aishh…please don’t say that, ajumeoni. It’s just work. Because I never been to New York, so I think this is a good chance…”

“Umma, she’s very popular. Of course she wouldn’t accept small jobs,” Jong Kook teases, making Ji-hyo roll her eyes at him.

“Yeah! Yeah! Ji-hyo ah, it’s so good to see you here. And to know you will be in New York as well, I feel relieve. Or else I will have no one to befriend with.”

“Aish umma! She came to work, not to entertain you.”

“Aish ssyhhhh!!! Don’t interfere! Ji-hyo ah, I hope you will accompany me while we’re in New York. You know this fella will only focus on his work and leave me alone in the hotel.”

“Oh….I can’t promise you, ajumeoni..I need to see my schedule first. But I will try my best to find the time for you…Okay?”

“Okay…that’ll be good…”

“Alright! Ermm….I need to go back to my seat now. I’ll talk to you again, ajumeoni…”

“N-neh! N-neh! Come and talk with me after takeoff okay?”

“Umma, she will be sleeping for ten hours thru out the flight,” Jong Kook teases Ji-hyo again.

“Yah!!” Ji-hyo lashes out her anger while looking back at the smiling Jong Kook.

“Aish Jong Kook ah, enough. Don’t disturb her anymore. Ji-hyo ah, it’s good to see you..”

“N-neh, you too, ajumeoni. See you! Have a good rest…”

Ji-hyo bow lightly and walk back to her seat after roll out her eyes at Jong Kook. Although still angry at him, she’s still happy to see him.

 

After few hours the flight takeoff, Ji-hyo gets up from her seat to go to the lavatory. Chang Joo already changes his seat to another empty seat since the First Class is not full. The moment Ji-hyo enter the lavatory, Jong Kook sneak in just behind her and lock the door.

“Oppa!!” Ji-hyo whispered, almost screaming.

“Ssyhhh!!!”

Jong Kook opens the water tap to avoid people listening to their conversation.

“What are you doing here? If we were caught, we’re gonna be in the headlines in few seconds.”

“I don’t care…..”

“Mwuh?”

“Frankly, I don’t wanna care anymore. If hiding out our relationship will only cause misunderstanding between us, and you avoiding me like this, I don’t wanna keep it anymore. Let’s reveal everything so that I could claim you as mine, and Eun Hye’s name will be erased forever from my history. Let’s do that, Ji-hyo ah,” Jong Kook said with his pleading eyes.

“Are you crazy? Are you trying to hurt your fans? Do you not care about those who support you all this while?”

“I do! I care about them! But I care more about you. I can’t stand being like this with you. You don’t even give me a chance to explain everything. I’m so scared, Ji-hyo ah. I don’t wanna lost you.”

Ji-hyo turns her back to Jong Kook before her tears running down her cheek. Jong Kook knows Ji-hyo is hiding her tears, but he slowly hug her from behind.

“Ji-hyo ah…..I’m sorry…..” Jong Kook whispers lovingly while kissing her hair and hugging her. “I’m sorry you had to go thru this….But please trusts me, it was nothing. My feelings for her had long died even before I met you. Ji-hyo ah, I chose you. I wanna be with you…..Please forgive me….Please forgive my statement in that show….Please, Ji-hyo ah….”

Ji-hyo closes her eyes to calm herself from crying. She tries to talk although it’s choking her with the cries.

“………….It hurt, oppa……….It really hurt…….” Ji-hyo whispered.

“….I know…..I wish I could turn back the time and take back everything. I’m sorry. Please forgive me, Ji-hyo ah…..”

“You actually said that Eun Hye is the ideal type you like….and I’m not even close to her type, oppa…..It’s still not too late to end this and go back to her……”

“No! No! No!......Ji-hyo ah, please….Give me a chance to explain everything. I will tell you everything that I felt at that time. Please, Ji-hyo ah….”

“Oppa…..I don’t know….It’s just….”

Jong Kook quickly turns Ji-hyo around and cupped her face.

“I….love…you….Do you understand?”

“But oppa….”

Jong Kook didn’t wait any longer and connect their lips together. The kisses were full of love and passion and since they’ve missed each other so bad, they were hungry to eat one another.

“I love you, Ji-hyo ah…..I swear to you I love you….Only you….” Jong Kook confesses while catching up his breath, leaning his forehead to Ji-hyo. “I love you, Song Ji-hyo….”

Ji-hyo slowly grabs Jong Kook’s back and hugs him tight, leaning her head on Jong Kook’s broad shoulder while nuzzling his neck.

“I love you too, oppa…..Please don’t hurt me again…..I’m not strong with all this…..Please….”

“I know! I’m sorry, Ji-hyo….I’m so sorry….I love you….Believe me will you?”

Ji-hyo nodded while still leaning to Jong Kook’s shoulder. Jong Kook then releases the hug and wipes Ji-hyo’s wet cheeks.

“Please stop crying, okay? Or you’ll do a photoshoot with a balloon face,” Jong Kook teases.

Ji-hyo hit Jong Kook’s shoulder softly.

“Well thanks to you,” Ji-hyo replied.

“Yeah….silly me…”

“Pabo!”

“Yeap….Stupid me…”

Ji-hyo can finally smile.

“So….are we good now??”

Ji-hyo shakes her head.

“Mwuh? Ah Ji-hyo ah, I already apologize.”

“I need to punish you.”

“Fine! As long as the punishment doesn’t related to me leaving you or anything like that. Coz I’ve been waiting for this moment so bad.”

“Okay…It’s nothing like that…Close your eyes…”

“Mwuh? Yah! What’s in your mind?”

“Just close it. Hurry!”

Jong Kook closes his eyes and starts to feel nervous.

“Ji-hyo ah, you’re not gonna slap me right?”

“A-ni! Just close your eyes and shut your mouth.”

“Oh….then you surely won’t kiss me….hmm…okay…Do it, girl!! As long as you’re mine again…”

Ji-hyo hold Jong Kook’s hand and suddenly bite his arm so hard that it leaves her teeth mark. Jong Kook almost shouted out loud when he feels the pain but trying to control it the best he can. When Ji-hyo saw his weird and funny expression, Ji-hyo couldn’t help but laugh silently and let go of his arm.

“Argghhhhh….You are a carnivore, women….” Jong Kook whispers out.

Ji-hyo shows her thumbs up before running out from the lavatory making Jong Kook surprised. Jong Kook waited until the pain is gone and walks out few minutes later, walking to the seat next to Ji-hyo.

“Yah!! You got the wrong seat, ahjussi,” Ji-hyo teases Jong Kook.

“Well, ahjussi couldn’t find his own seat anymore since he’s been bitten by a shark in the lavatory.”

“Hahahahahah…..It’s good to recharge your energy and make you awake, you know.”

“As long as you’re next to me, I will stay awake, darling…”

“Hahahah….Go back to your seat, oppa. How can you leave your mother alone?”

“She’s a big girl. She will survive.”

“What? Oh my God, you are a cruel son. Fine! You stay! Let me go to her,” Ji-hyo almost unbuckles her seatbelt before Jong Kook holds her hand, stopping her.

“Don’t worry about her. I will go back later. I have unfinished business with you right now.”

“What unfinished business?.......Oppa, don’t try to do anything ert. I can just scream and wake everyone here,” Ji-hyo said, feeling nervous with Jong Kook’s intention.

“Yah! I’m talking about my explanation in that show. How can you think of something like that?.........Or perhaps, you are already thinking about making love with me hah??” Jong Kook teases Ji-hyo.

“What? No way!! I’m just…..I just thought…..”

“Admit it! You are craving for this y body.”

“Yucks!!! Idiot ert!!”

“Hahahaha….I love you….” Jong Kook said making Ji-hyo blush and turn away.

“If I said I love you too, would you go back to your umma? You can’t leave her alone, you know. She may get shock when she wake up and you’re not there.”

“If you want me to go, would you kiss me one last time?”

“What?”

“Come on. Everyone’s asleep.”

“No I’m not!” Baek Chang Joo suddenly answered from his seat with his eyes covered, making Ji-hyo and Jong Kook in shocked.

“….Hyung….So you’re awake?” Jong Kook asked.

“Uhuh…..but don’t worry…Your acts are safe with me…”

“Aishh hyung….We’re nothing like that….”

“Whatever….Just be careful with your act….Harghhhh…I’m going back to my dreamland….Nite….”

With that, Chang Joo turns his back to Jong Kook and Ji-hyo and continues his sleep. Jong Kook turns his focus back to Ji-hyo, holding her hand and kiss it.

“…I love you….Please remember that….”

Instead of replying his confession, Ji-hyo just play with his fingers.

“……Well…..I’m going back to my mother….Get some sleep, okay?”

“Mmm…..okay….Oppa…..thank you…..”

Jong Kook smile at Ji-hyo before standing up. But Ji-hyo pulls him for a kiss.

“….I love you, Kim Jong Kook….” Ji-hyo said after releasing Jong Kook’s lips.

“…….Thank you…..Sweet dreams….” Jong Kook said in smile before tugging Ji-hyo under the blanket. Jong Kook then walk back to his original seat.

 

Jong Kook has just check into his hotel around 12:00pm although he arrived around 10:00am. They stop by a café for a light breakfast before proceed to the hotel. Once check in, Jong Kook enters his bedroom after showing his mother her room.

While Jong Kook is unpacking his luggage, his mother entered with smiles and sit on his bed.

“Oh…umma….You should get a rest in your room…I’m sure you’re tired from the long journey.”

“Never mind. I’ve been sleeping all the time. Need to get some fresh air a bit…”

“Hahah. What? You wanna ask me to bring you out? Umma, I have rehearsal in two hours,” Jong Kook said while hanging his clothes.

“A-ni! Don’t worry about me. But at least you can ask Ji-hyo to come.”

“Huh? Umma, she came here to work. She’s probably has a tight schedule as well.”

“Oh come on. You haven’t even asked her yet.”

“Hahaha….Seriously, umma. What has got into you? Since you met Ji-hyo in the flight, you seem like you really like her. You’re always thinking of her, talking about her. Do you really like the girl?” Jong Kook tests his mother.

“Of course I love her. She made my son happy. How can I not love her…..”

“Mwuh rah goo?”

“You think I’m stupid like you, that I couldn’t notice the sparks between you two? I know the way you both looking at each other, the skinship…I know all the hints, Jong Kook ah. And I’m the only one who will know when you fall in love even without you telling me.”

Jong Kook couldn’t hide his blush in smiles.

“Ah umma……..but….really? You really saw us like that? Was it too obvious, umma?”

“Well to me of course it’s obvious, since I know my son so well. I don’t think other people will notice it like I do. Why? Are you worried?”

“It’s just…..We are not ready to reveal it yet….I really want to be honest. You know I hate all this hiding kind of things, but….it’s not that simple. Too many people are at risk, too many consequences.”

“So you both decided to keep it just between you? Tell me, are you happy with that? Coz I don’t think as someone’s girlfriend, I will be happy when my boyfriend was being asked about his past especially when he gave hope about the possibility of him meeting his ex-girlfriend again. Also in your place, I don’t think you are happy every time people are cheering for Monday Couple. You couldn’t even do the pepero kiss with Ji-hyo properly because of the pressure from everyone and the pressure of trying to hide your relationship,” Jong Kook’s mother lectured him.

“Umma, it doesn’t matter for us now…We are already happy to know that we love each other, we have each other, we need each other. We will tell everyone, when the time is right. But not now…”

“Fine…if you really say that you’re happy to be secretly dating like this, then it’s fine to me. But I’m more worried on Ji-hyo’s side. She may look strong and tough like a man, Jong Kook ah. But she’s still a woman. She still has that sensitivity as a woman. With all the news and teases about you and Eun Hye or any other woman, I’m sure she will still get hurt.”

“I know, umma. I’m gonna talk with her about it again. I love her, and yes she’s hurt with the news. But I hope I can convince her later.”

And their conversations were interrupted by a call at Jong Kook’s mobile. Looking at Ji-hyo’s name on the phone screen, Jong Kook’s mother quickly answer it.

“Oppa,….” Ji-hyo greeted.

“Yoboseyo, Ji-hyo ah. This is your oppa’s mother,” Jong Kook’s mother teased.

“Omo! Err….annyeonghaseyo, ajumeoni. Er…..I……err….” Ji-hyo stuttered.

“Hahahaha!! Relax Ji-hyo ah, no need to get panic. I already knew about you two…”

“About us? What…do you mean, ajumeoni?”

“Aishh…. Ajumeoni, ajumeoni….you can call me umma, Ji-hyo ah….Or maybe you’re more comfortable calling me eomeonim….”

“Err…..I……”

“Hahahahah…Umma, stop it. You’ll only make her scared more of you. Let me talk to her,” Jong Kook tells his mother.

Jong Kook’s mother passes the phone back to Jong Kook.

“Ji-hyo ah, sorry about that,” Jong Koo said.

“Oppa, what was that about? Your mother is really scary.”

“Hahaha…She’s just….too happy that we are together…”

“Mwuh? You mean, she knew?”

“Yeah! She knew all along.”

“But how? Did you told her?”

“A-ni! She said she just knew….coz I’m her son, he knew my face when I’m in love and happy…”

“Really? Wow….So does it means that it’s obvious on our face?”

“She said no…It’s just her instinct as a mother..So don’t worry about it…”

“I see….Wow….Now I’m feeling awkward to meet your mother…”

“Hahaha…Don’t be....She really loves you, you know…”

“Of course! Who wouldn’t…”

“Yah!!! Too much confident hah?”

“Heheheh….Anyway oppa, I’m just letting you know that I’ve already check in my hotel. So I’m safely arrived, okay?”

“Okay. Thank you for not making me worry. Erm, will you start work right after this?”

“Err….I think so. My schedule started in the late afternoon.”

“Oh….Okay then…”

“What about you?”

“I have rehearsal later. Umma actually wanted you to come here, but I already told her that you’ll be tight up with your schedule. So, it’s okay. Just focus on your work.”

“Oh, I feel bad. Oppa, why don’t your mother come with me for the photoshoot? So that I can bring her out after I finish my work.”

“Ah no, it’s okay. Just focus on your work. Don’t worry about her. I’ll find other alternative.”

“But I feel so bad, oppa. She’ll get bored to be alone at the hotel.”

“Then you should come and stay with us here, honey.”

“Aish, oppa!! You know I can’t. They already prepare the hotel for us. If I don’t stay here, then they will be curious and it could become big issue.”

“Hahaha…I know, darling. But keep me updated about your schedules. Maybe we can slip in during your free time.”

“Arasso!! Okay, oppa. I got to go. Enjoy yourself okay?”

“I will. You too. Just…make sure it’s not a photoshoot…”

“Hahaha!! Oppa, you’re crazy. Of course it’s not, silly. It’s Marie Clare. Not Playboy.”

“Well, who knows it’s a conspiracy. If they ask you to pose for Playboy, tell them you already have a playboy waiting…”

“Hahahah!! Yah! Already have the intention to be playboy?”

“A-ni! Just for you…”

“Got it, oppa. Don’t worry. I love you!”

“I love you too. Take care, darling!”

“I will. Bye!”

They both ended the call with smiles.

 

The Dramafever Award goes well especially with Jong Kook receiving on behalf of Running Man for Best Variety Show and Ji-hyo winning the Best Actress Award which surprises Jong Kook coz Ji-hyo never tell him about it. Ji-hyo also had completed her work for the magazine. So they both have free time now.

As promised, Ji-hyo decided to meet Jong Kook’s mother at their hotel room. And Jong Kook’s mother is so happy to see her.

“Oh my beautiful….Come in….Have a seat, Ji-hyo ah…”

“N-neh, ajumeoni….Sorry I can only come today…”

“Aishh…don’t worry…At least you came, I’m still happy…”

“Umma, Ji-hyo said she wants to cook for you…” Jong Kook started teasing Ji-hyo who look at him surprisingly.

“Oh really? But I thought you said she hate cooking…”

“Erm…I…actually…It’s not that I hate cooking…But I’m not good at it…So I really have no confidence to cook, what else for someone else, ajumeoni..”

“Oh…It’s okay, Ji-hyo ah…You can learn little by little. Besides, Jong Kook don’t really eat that much. You just give him salad and he’ll be happy…”

“Umma, so are you saying that you are already imagining Ji-hyo as your daughter in law?” Jong Kook teases again making Ji-hyo’s face turn red.

“Of course! You wouldn’t bring her to me if you have no plan of marrying this girl, am I right Jong Kook ah??”

“Aish umma!! You’re spoiling my secret…”

“Hahahah…Ji-hyo ah, don’t worry about it. We are always teasing and joking with each other like this. Don’t be uncomfortable ah,” Jong Kook’s mother tried to calm Ji-hyo.

“Yeah, ajumeoni.”

“You should get used to it, Ji-hyo ah. After all, we are going to be family,” Jong Kook added.

“Mwuh rah goo?”

“This man, aishhhh!! Go away! I want to spend my private time with Ji-hyo. You go and prepare something for us.”

“Mwuh? But umma, this is a hotel, not a house. What can I prepare for you?”

“Whatever. Just don’t disturb us. We’re gonna have ladies talk now. Shuh! Shuh!!”

“Huh!! Woman always kick men’s out when they have a team.”

 

Jong Kook’s mother and Ji-hyo walk into her room. They both sit on the bed and Jong Kook’s mother started her conversation.

“Ji-hyo ah, first of all, please don’t be scared and uncomfortable with me. We may not be close before, but I don’t know why, I’m comfortable with you. And I’m happy that Jong Kook and you are a couple….although it’s secretly….”

“Ermm…. Ajumeoni….How…did you know??”

“Like what Jong Kook told you, motherly instinct. In case you didn’t know, Jong Kook is close with me. He will tell me about almost everything. But this time, although he never said a word about you, I can see it from his eyes. He’s happy even from his eyes.”

“Really? You can tell just from his eyes?”

“Well, that only works for me. Other people wouldn’t know because they are not his mother. But I, I know and I can tell…”

“Oh…it’s good then…coz we really have no intention to keep it a secret. But the situation doesn’t permit us yet.”

“I know! I understand. Erm….how do you feel about Jong Kook’s interview in Healing Camp? Are you okay with that?”

“That? I….don’t know, ajumeoni. At first I’m shocked. I feel like his toying with my heart. That’s why I tried to avoid him….but…I don’t know…He asked for a chance to explain. But we haven’t really talk about it yet.”

“N-neh! I understand your feelings. If I’m at your place, I’ll be upset too. But Ji-hyo ah, I can assured you that he has no feelings with Eun Hye anymore. Their relation doesn’t end in the best way. Jong Kook was torn when she dump him without any reason. But he tried so hard to hide it from everyone. And knowing Jong Kook, he will try his best to respect woman. That’s why, when being asked about Eun Hye, he never said bad things about her. Coz he didn’t wanna say something that can ruin her image or make her look bad. That’s my son, Kim Jong Kook. He will try his best to protect woman’s image. So whatever he said in the Healing Camp, you need to tell yourself it meant nothing. That’s just for a show.”

“Ajumeoni, thank you for clearing things up. But, why are you telling me all this? I mean, isn’t oppa supposed to convince me about it?”

“Because I’m afraid that you won’t listen to him and forgive him. You make him happy, Ji-hyo ah. And I’m starting to love having you around us. I don’t want anything to happen to both of you. That’s why I’m trying my best to convince you about the situation. I know, as a woman, as his girlfriend, you have the right to feel sensitive, to feel hurt with his statement. But, I also know he didn’t mean it. Please believe him, Ji-hyo ah…Trust his love to you….”

“………I’m…..speechless……”

“It’s okay. I didn’t mean to put any pressure on you. I just wanna try to do something to make things clear. Sometimes a simple misunderstanding, if being drag for too long, could turn into disaster. And I don’t want that to happen to you both.”

“…I understand, ajumeoni. Don’t worry about it.”

“Thank you, Ji-hyo ah. Still, I want to say sorry on behalf on his stupidity with his answers.”

“Ahah… ajumeoni, don’t call him stupid….” Ji-hyo said in chuckle.

“Never mind. He can be stupid like this at times. That’s just his weakness.”

“And I love everything about him, ajumeoni. So don’t worry okay?”

“You are a good woman, Ji-hyo ah. Jong Kook made the right decision.”

Ji-hyo smiles in blush and Jong Kook’s mother pull her into her hugs.

 

When Ji-hyo come out from the room, it’s already late night.

“Oh, sleep here, Ji-hyo ah. Don’t go back to your hotel,” Jong Kook’s mother said.

“Mwuh? But ajumeoni…”

“Umma, I don’t think it’s proper..”

“Never mind. I’m here, what are you afraid of. You can sleep in Jong Kook’s room, Jong Kook can sleep on the sofa.”

“Ah umma!!”

“Aish ssyuhhh!! Learn to treat your girlfriend good, Jong Kook ah. Don’t only know how to bully her.”

“Mwuh? Yah Song Ji-hyo, did you complained anything to my mom?”

“A-ni!!”

“Aish don’t scold her, Jong Kook ah. It’s motherly instinct. I know you, remember? Now prepare your room, I’m going to bed already. Ji-hyo ah, I’ll see you tomorrow okay? Just sleep without worry. And you Jong Kook ah, don’t you ever try to do anything to Ji-hyo.”

“Well, you are responsible for that, umma. I cannot give you any assurance.”

Jong Kook’s mother grabs a cushion nearby and throws it to Jong Kook, hitting his head.

“Umma!!”

“Shut up! And go to sleep. Good night, Ji-hyo ah.”

“N-neh! Good night, ajumeoni!”

When Jong Kook’s mother close the door, Ji-hyo grab Jong Kook’s shirt.

“Oppa, how can I stay here? I didn’t bring anything with me, not even a toothbrush.”

“Toothbrush?? The hotel has prepared that here. Hehe….Just for tonight, Ji-hyo ah. Umma will be upset if she wakes up and you’re not here. You wouldn’t wanna upset her right?”

“But I don’t have any clothes.”

“You can wear my t-shirt. But for undies,……hmm..hmm..hmm…” Jong Kook teased; start looking at Ji-hyo’s body naughtily.

“Yah! What were you thinking?”

“Hahahah! I don’t have any undies for your size; and obviously I don’t wear a bra. But you can borrow my mother’s if you want,” Jong Kook tease again.

“Idiot!! Wasting my time talking to you..huh!” Ji-hyo let out her anger.

By the time she’s about to walk away, Jong Kook pull her to his chest.

“Spend the night with me…..” Jong Kook tells Ji-hyo romantically.

“Mwuh??”

“I didn’t mean I wanna make love or anything like that….just….be with me tonight…talking,…telling our stories…sharing our feelings….”

“But what if your mother comes out?”

“Like I said, it’s not like we do anything bad. We’ll just talk….and if you are sleepy, then you can go to your room…”

Ji-hyo think for a while before continue, “ Well I’m sleepy now…So, good night!” Ji-hyo teases Jong Kook purposely and Jong Kook’s expression automatically changed.

“…..Alright….Good night then…” Jong Kook wished, softly in frustration.

“But I’d love to stay with you tonight, oppa….hehe…”

“But you said…”

“I’m joking, silly. Haish!!”

“Really? Are you sure? Coz if you’re sleepy, it’s okay…”

“I’m sure…You know it’s hard for us to be together like this. So I don’t wanna waste this chance.”

Jong Kook started to smile again.

“But I need your shirt. The biggest that you have…”

“Sure…I’ll get it for you…”

“Okay….”

 

And when Ji-hyo went to change, Jong Kook prepares hot chocolate for her. Once it’s ready, Jong Kook walk out to the balcony where he spread a blanket and pillow for them to lean on.

“…..Oppa…..oh here you are…What are you doing?”

“Come here,” Jong Kook said; reach out his hand to Ji-hyo.

“Omo! It’s cold out here…” Ji-hyo said while sitting on the blanket.

“I know…but I’ll warm you….”

“Awww…that’s so sweet…Oppa, you know what…You are totally different than you are in public..”

“Coz you are the special one that I’m willing to open up to…”

“Really?”

“Of course. Do you think anyone can simply jump into my arms?” Jong Kook asked, already wrapping Ji-hyo in his arms and another blanket to wrap both of them.

“I know Shin Bong Sun unnie can…and you will easily melt for her..”

“Hahah! Yah!! Don’t spoil our trip.”

“Hehehehe…..Ah oppa, this is nice….”

“Of course…because I am a nice person…”

“Chih! Over confident…”

“Only to you. Owh, I made this hot chocolate. Drink it while it’s hot.”

“Aww…thank you, oppa. It’s weird you are being too nice tonight.”

“Coz I know I’ve made you upset earlier. So I’m trying my best to make it up to you,” Jong Kook said while playing with Ji-hyo’s hair.

Ji-hyo drinks a sip of the hot chocolate and lean back to Jong Kook’s chest.

“Ji-hyo ah, regarding the Healing Camp interview…..”

“Oppa, don’t spoil this beautiful night. I don’t wanna hear it anymore.”

“But Ji-hyo ah…”

“I’m done with it, oppa. Your mother told me everything,….at least things that I wanna listen to…and I’ve decided to let it go. So let’s not talk about it anymore…”

“But Ji-hyo ah, since the interview, every day new story came up….about PD asking for retweet to make Eun Hye come to Running Man, then my apologies to Eun Hye, then replied from Eun Hye’s agency…every day new updates…I’m afraid if one day you’ll lost your patience with all this…”

“I don’t care anymore, oppa. I choose to trust you. And I believe your mother more than tabloids or anyone else. If it’s meant for me to be cheated by you, then it’ll still happen even if it’s not with Eun Hye. So, I don’t wanna think about it anymore.”

“I swear, Ji-hyo. I never have any intention like that…”

“Kure! Then let’s just pass this okay? Like you said, we hardly get to spend time like this in Korea. So let’s enjoy this moment, okay?”

“Okay….as you wish…I’m glad you’re moving on. And I’m sorry again Ji-hyo ah, for all the mess I made.”

“Like I said, the most important is you honestly love me, and I love you too. If our love is strong, nothing can shake it or break it. I put my trust on you, oppa.”

“Hmm…..thank you, Ji-hyo ah….thank you so much….I love you…” Jong Kook said then kisses Ji-hyo’s cheek.

Ji-hyo continues to drink her hot chocolate until the last drop. But she’s surprise to see something written in it.

“Oppa, what is this?”

“I don’t know…what is it?” Jong Kook pretended.

“…….Happy……..Advance……..Valentine’s Day……Oppa, you did this?” Ji-hyo asked, looking at Jong Kook.

“…Ermmm…yeah….it’s not that hard….”

“Oh my God…You are so sweet…..”

“I am a complete package, darling. Nice, sweet, romantic, manly…everything…”

“Gosh!! I take back my word…”

“Hahahha….Well, you know I couldn’t celebrate Valentine with you, coz I’ll be in Beijing for the showcase. Even if I wanted to be with you, I don’t think we’ll be able to celebrate it in Korea. So, this is the best chance that I have. And I really wanna celebrate Valentine this year with you. Therefore, Happy Advance Valentine’s Day, dear girlfriend.”

“Awww….Oppa, you are unbelievable. I can never imagine you will do something like this.”

“I wanna give you a Valentine gift, so that’s how I come up with…”

“Aww….thank you, oppa….I’m so happy,…This is so cute, yet adorable…I love this mug..thank you…”

“The gift is not the mug, dummy….It’s in my pocket here.”

“Hahahahaha…..Yah! How would I know? It’s not like I can read what’s in your mind, dumbo.”

“Hahhaha…You are cute, you know that? Dummy and dumbo…hehehe…”

“Oppa, I know I’m cute…but my present please….”

“And I’m supposed to give you just like that? What about my present?”

“Well…..I don’t know that you’ll celebrate Valentine earlier than 14th February. Of course I have nothing for you..”

“A kiss is enough for me…”

“A kiss? Just a kiss?”

“I wouldn’t reject if you throw your body on me of course. But, a kiss will still do.”

“Really?”

“Really.”

“But your mother can come out and catch us anytime.”

“My mother wouldn’t mind. She will peek on us silently, but not interrupting anything.”

 “Really? Wow..she’s so sporting…”

“She’s sporting, but I’m not. Hahah! Hurry up! My kiss,…I’m cold here…”

Ji-hyo slowly turns around and start kissing Jong Kook’s lips softly and lovingly.

“I love you, Kim Jong Kook,” Ji-hyo whispered.

Jong Kook let out a smile to his girlfriend and takes out a box from his pocket. When he opens it, Ji-hyo was left in awe. It was a ring.

“….Oppa….”

“Don’t worry, it’s not a proposal ring…even though I wish I could do it. This is just a ring to remind you that you are my girlfriend, and I love you so much….” Jong Kook confessed while inserting the ring to Ji-hyo’s finger.

“Awww oppa…This is too much..”

“Of course! So make sure you treat me good.”

“Hahahaha….Fine…I love you, boyfriend….” Ji-hyo said, wrapping her hands around Jong Kook’s neck.

“I love you more, for sure….”

“Hahaha…”

Ji-hyo kisses Jong Kook again until they were both craving for air. Jong Kook played his thumb on Ji-hyo’s cheeks while staring into her eyes.

“Ji-hyo ah,…follow me to LA…”

“Mwuh?”

“Let’s continue our vacation. I’m sure we can avoid from being the headlines.”

“But oppa….I don’t know…”

“Please….I really wanna spend times with you…It’s the only opportunity that we have….”

“I’m gonna need to discuss with Chang Joo oppa first. I’ll let you know tomorrow, okay?”

“Okay! But I hope you’ll join me. My mom will be happy.”

“I hope I can join you. We’ll see.”

They stay in silent with Ji-hyo’s head on Jong Kook’s shoulder. Just like that, they both enjoy the view and cool weather. When Ji-hyo starts yawning, Jong Kook knows it’s time for her to sleep.

“You’re sleepy already. Come on, let’s go inside.”

“Mmm…thank you for tonight, oppa..”

“Thank you for being here…thank you for loving me…thank you for trusting me..”

And they walk together inside. When they reach in front the bedroom, Jong Kook hugs Ji-hyo lovingly.

“Have a beautiful sleep, sleeping beauty. Sweet dreams,” Jong Kook said then start kissing Ji-hyo’s face and finally her lips.

“You too, oppa. Thank you….sweet dreams…good night..”

“Good night! I love you!”

“I love you, oppa! Night!”

Ji-hyo walks into the bedroom and Jong Kook return to the sofa. Although they are sleeping separately, one thing for sure, they’ll sleep peacefully and in smile.  

“Good night, Mr Valentine,” Ji-hyo wishes from her heart.

“Good night, Miss Valentine,” Jong Kook wishes the same.

They both close their eyes and fly into their dreamland. Thank you, New York,....we're in love...................................................