Will you?

Best Part of Me

It was still early in the morning when Baekhyun started to wake up from his peaceful slumber, blinking his sleepy eyes tiredly. Despite being mid-January, he felt warm and cozy in his comfortable bed. However, that may had to have something to do with the arms that were wrapped around his waist and the weight pressed on his back. He turned around and stared at the man, lying next to him, only to find him awake.

“Good morning!”

“Morning sweetheart!” Answered the man while yawing.

“I am not your sweetheart Chanyeol, stop calling me that!”

“But, Baekhyun!” Whined Chanyeol “Jongin is far away! You have to replace him as my personal teddy bear.”

“I don’t really think that neither Jongin nor Sehun would like that very much.”

Chanyeol laughed out loud at the incredulous look on Baekhyun face, making the said boy chuckle too. As soon as it started, it ended.

“I miss him.”

Baekhyun could relate to Chanyeol: both of their boyfriends were currently in London, working their way through their schedules, while he and Chanyeol had to stay in Korea managing their own. It ! Baekhyun was missing Sehun terribly but, if he thought about it, it would even more being in Minseok’s position since the older boy had enjoyed a few weeks with Kris, after Baekhyun’s drama with Sooyoung, before Kris had to go back to China. To say their eldest hyung was in a depressed state lately was an understatement. Baekhyun would know: he saw the countless empty packs of chocolate chip cookies in the trash can. He might have eaten one cookie or thirty along with Minseok, after all they were very close and this was kind of a bonding experience.

“Has Sooyoung tried to contact you again in these last few days?” Asked Chanyeol, while yawning, snapping Baekhyun of his thoughts.

Baekhyun shook his head. Sooyoung had kept her promise and disappeared from their lives. As precaution, Sehun and Kris had taken the videotape they had, regarding Sooyoung having men beating Baekhyun, to the police but the police hadn’t caught her yet.

Baekhyun, however, received a lot of postcards, from the most incredulous places in the world, signed with a little “S” at the end, so he knew she was well and kicking. At first, Sehun had been really apprehensive about those postcards but nothing had happened in a very long time, so he, and everyone else, concluded that she was just being cheeky and didn’t mean any harm.

The door opened suddenly, startling both of them and Minseok wobbled into the room before throwing himself between the two bodies on the bed, face first. Baekhyun immediately cooed at him while enveloping him in a hug.

“Missing Kris?” Asked Chanyeol cackling a bit at the grunting mess sprawled half on top of him.

“Missing Jongin?” Retorted Minseok sending a glare at Chanyeol who whined. “Exactly!”

“Why did you had to come earlier and not him?”

“To torment you. Also, Kris is going to come to Korea in four days!”

“Any especial occasion?” Asked Baekhyun lazily, petting Minseok.

“Me! I’m an occasion special enough for him to come.”

It was enough to have them all dissolving into peals of laughter, stomachs aching and tears in their eyes. That’s how Kyungsoo and Jongdae found them. Kyungsoo threw them a judgmental look and informed them that breakfast was ready. Jongdae just nodded while clinging to Kyungsoo’s back.

“What’s up with them?” Asked Chanyeol.

“It involves Kyungsoo… I don’t want to know.” Replied Minseok leaning a bit more towards Baekhyun’s hand, while the other giggled.

They ended up stayed in bed all morning, ignoring breakfast, chatting lazily and cuddling, ignoring all the protests from the other members.

 

 

 

 

Next morning, Baekhyun was extremely busy and not in an expected way: his brother had called him in the morning and asked him if he didn’t mind taking care of his nephew for a few hours while he took care of some business along with his wife. So now, Baekhyun was holding an eleven old month baby, Beomseok, who was his spitting image as a baby.

Kyungsoo had left as soon as the baby arrived, claiming that he and children didn’t mix, dragging Jongdae along with him. Tao had been quite enchanted with the tiny version of Baekhyun but, for some reason, the baby started crying as soon as he spotted Tao and hadn’t stopped until Tao left the room. So he was left home with a baby and Chanyeol, since Yixing was still promoting in China, Minseok had left early in the morning and Sehun, Jongin and Junmyeon were still in England.

“He is such an adorable baby!” Squealed Chanyeol. “I’ve seen you baby pictures. He is your spitting image.”

“I know! Baekbeom says that all the time.” Grinned Baekhyun, caressing the baby’s head while the baby looked at him as he on a pacifier.

They were sitting on the floor, baby between Baekhyun’s legs and they were trying to convince the baby to play with the numerous toys scattered on the floor but the baby only seemed interested in Baekhyun, climbing onto his lap over and over again and giggling when his uncle slid him on his legs onto the floor.

“I want one.”

“Chanyeol, you know that you can’t really buy a baby.”

“I know, but maybe, one day, Jongin and I can adopt one and start a family.”

“Humm…That would be nice.”

And Baekhyun meant that. It was a nice image, having a family with the man he loved.

“What would be nice?”

Baekhyun turned his head towards the door just in time to see Sehun, Jongin, Minseok and Junmyeon getting in the dorm. Chanyeol didn’t waste time, running to Jongin and hugging his lover tightly. Minseok grinned at them and was actually going to make a comment but Junmyeon pulled him out of the room, waving at the couples.

Baekhyun stood up, little Beomseok in arms, and Sehun was absolutely mesmerized at the sight. His boyfriend was within reach again and he looked perfect holding a cute little baby. He approached them carefully and kissed him softly before tapping the baby gently on the nose making him giggle.

“Your nephew is the cutest thing ever.”

“He is!” Exclaimed Baekhyun proudly.

“But you still didn’t tell me what would be nice.” Asked Sehun before embracing his boyfriend gently, trying not to squish the baby between them, who was very interested in patting Sehun’s cheek without leaving his uncle’s loving hold.

“Chanyeol was talking about having a family and a baby and I just thought that it would be nice.”

“Having a baby with Chanyeol?”

“I meant with you! One day it would be nice having a family with you.”

“Oh! You would like that? Why is that?”

“Because that would mean that, every day, I would have a place, filled with the people I love, to come back to:a family. My family.”

“That’s a lovely image. I wouldn’t mind that at all but only if I came home to you and you only.” Baekhyun smile lit up the entire room and he nuzzled his cheek on Sehun’s chest. “That, of course, would have to mean that you, eventually, would become my husband. You wouldn’t mind that, would you?”

“I wouldn’t. In fact, I can’t think of a better person to fill that role.”

Sehun didn’t say anything else. He smiled to himself and tightened his grip on Baekhyun.

“You’re perfect!”

“I’m not.” Teased Baekhyun. “But you love me anyway.”

“That I do.”

“I love you too.”

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun was anything but dumb. Sure, sometimes he was really innocent and couldn’t get some jokes even if they bit him but he could tell that his friends were hiding something from him. It were the whispers that stopped every time that he entered a room, the meaningful glances and the snickers. When he asked Sehun about it, his tall boyfriend only told him to trust him, which he did, entirely, but he was so curious.

He asked everyone else too, using pouty lips and fluttering his eyelashes. He almost succeeded taking some information from Junmyeon, who caved at the sight of an adorable Baekhyun but Tao had slapped a hand on the other’s mouth before he said anything.

Just this morning, Chanyeol and Minseok had taken him on a shopping spree to buy a suit, of all things. His best friend had looked at his wardrobe and decided that it was time for Baekhyun to buy a proper suit. Minseok had nodded in agreement. He had protested but neither of them had listen which was the reason why he went with them. Finally, after three hours, they had found a stunning, fitting one and Minseok even had paid for it. Now, they were on their way home.

“Don’t pout baby Byun, it was for the greater good and Minseok hyung paid so…bonus.”

“Why?” Whined Baekhyun, dragging his feet and batting Chanyeol’s arm from his shoulders.” Seriously, I don’t need it. I have tons of them.”

“The ones you have are for the elegant parties that SM makes you go. You need one for yourself.”

“What are you? A retail therapist? Did you just hear yourself, Chanyeol?”

Chanyeol shrugged and got his key from his pocket. Only when Minseok steered him forward did Baekhyun noticed that they had arrived to the dorms. Minseok led him to his room and demand him to try his new suit.

“You already saw me in it, why do you want me to try it on?”

“Because you look handsome in it, because I want to take a picture to send to Kris and because I want to send it to Sehun. Imagine what he would do to you even he saw you in that suit.”

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.” Denied Baekhyun, looking like a tomato.

“Sure you don’t.” Snorted Chanyeol from the doorway. “You know these walls are not that thick. I’m happy for you two but there are things that I don’t really need to hear.”

“You can’t talk that much, Chanyeol.” Complained Minseok. “I regret letting Junmyeon agree with switching rooms.”

“I am not listening to this conversation anymore. In fact, I’ll go dress myself in my unnecessary new suit, then I’ll parade myself in front of you and forget that this conversation happened.” Yelled Baekhyun before running towards the bathroom.

When Baekhyun got out of the bathroom, Chanyeol immediately started cooing. The boy was looking so incredibly handsome in his suit. Minseok made him wear his best dress shoes and put a rose on his lapel before pulling his phone and taking photos.

“You look so handsome. Let’s show this to Tao.” Declared Chanyeol pulling Baekhyun out of the room.

As soon as he stepped down the stairs, Baekhyun knew something was up. There were flowers adorning the banisters and flower petals on the ground.

“Chanyeol? Minseok? What’s going on?”

Chanyeol smiled at him and only then did he noticed that both Minseok and Chanyeol were also dressed up.

When Baekhyun arrived at the living room, he gasped loudly. Lined up, in two distinctive rows, were his friends, all dressed, up and right in the middle was Sehun, smiling up at him. He stood there in shock, staring at them.

“What is this? What is happening?” He mumbled faintly.

Minseok didn’t answer, he pushed Baekhyun gently to Sehun and took his place near Kris. When did he get there by the way? And was that Luhan?

Sehun, bless his soul, took pity of his boyfriend and pulled him towards himself.

“Sehun?”

“Surprise!”

“What is all of this?”

“You know how we talked about marrying just the other day, when Beomseok was here?” Baekhyun nodded “It stuck with me, you know? The idea of marrying you and being your family. And I found that I wanted that. In fact, it is the thing that I’ve wanted the most, for a long time but the thing is, in South Korea, homouality is frowned upon and it is difficult for us to get married the conventional way, especially being idols. So, why not trying it the unconventional way? So I am asking you, right know, to marry me. I want us to marry in our own special way, with our family and friends present.”

Baekhyun was staring intently at Sehun, his gaze soft and adoring.

“I want to build a life by your side. Wake next to you and look at your face right before falling asleep. I want to hold you in my arms and listen to your heart. I want to smell you scent and hear your voice forever. One day, when we’re done being idols, I want to take you away to somewhere where we can be married for real and adopt a bunch of babies. I want to grow old with you. I want to be by your side and be happy.”

“I want that too.” Replied a teary eyed Baekhyun, holding Sehun tightly and resting his head on his shoulder. “I really want that. I want a future next to you. I want you to be my family., my home…so yes!

“Yes?”

“Yes!”

“Jongin, give me the rings!”

Jongin appeared right next to Sehun, depositing two rings on his open palm while winking at Baekhyun, who realized that their friends were playing groomsmen: Tao, Jongin, Junmyeon, Luhan and Yixing at Sehun’s side and Kyungsoo, Chanyeol, Minseok, Jongdae and Kris on his.

He was snapped out of his thoughts when Sehun slipped a white gold band on his left ring finger, kissing his palm afterwards. His hands trembled slightly but he managed to slip the ring on Sehun’s finger, as well.

“I love you.” Muttered Sehun against his lips.

“I love you too.”

“I now declare you husband and husband!” Yelled Jongdae on top of his lungs, making everybody laugh.

“You’re my husband now!” Grinned Sehun.

“And your mine.”

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun was lying in bed, all wrapped up in Sehun’s arms. The rest of the day had been phenomenal, to say at least. They had had eaten in the dorms, right after the “ceremony”. Everyone had order their favorite food, from their favorite restaurants and they had a delicious meal, filled with toasts from everyone and a lot of kissing, involving all the couples in the room. Afterwards, Jongdae had put some romantic music on and Sehun had charmingly led Baekhyun to the middle of an emptied living room and the two had danced, swaying from side to side, while the rest of their friends joined them. There were no powerful moves, no elegance and no perfection in their dance. It was just them enjoying the moment. To Baekhyun, it was perfect.

It moved him beyond words when his friends had offered him and Sehun tickets to a few days in Australia, for them to enjoy a «honeymoon». Both of them had been worried about it at the beginning because of their work and their manager but Junmyeon had assured them that everything was fine, as they had persuaded their manager to give them a few days off, justifying it on them being in the verge of exhaustion. Not wanting a repeat of what had happened to Baekhyun a few months ago, their manager had allowed it.

“What are you thinking love?” Asked Sehun, dragging his lips across Baekhyun’s forehead.

“Nothing. I’m just happy, that’s all.” He answered, playing with the ring on Sehun’s finger.

“Good. That’s good.”

“You make me happy, you know that? I’ve never thought it was remotely possible to feel like this because of someone. I wished that everyone could feel like I do.”

Sehun smiled at his words, Baekhyun was truly a sweet person.

“It was a really nice day. Minseok was reunited with Kris and we got to see them both again. We should do it more often.”

“Get married?”

“Be together! But getting married again is fine by me too, as long as I get to do it with you.” Sehun laughed out loud at that comment. “Or we could just persuade Minseok and Kris to do the same or Chanyeol and Jongin.”

“Not Kyungsoo and Jongdae?”

“Imagine how that wedding would go!”

Sehun seemed to imagine the situation because he made a strange face and Baekhyun gave him a ‘told you’ face, before dissolving in giggles and kissing him.

“I love you so much.”

Sehun smiled at him and hold him closer, squeezing his husband in his arms a little more tightly.

“I do too! And I will love you for as long as I live. And I’ll always take care of you.”

Baekhyun smiled and cuddled closer to his husband, closing his eyes. That night, both him and Sehun fell asleep cocooned in warmth and love, within each other's embrace. The first of many, as the knight had finally found peace with his prince.





A/N: My God... it's finally here. In all honesty I struggled a bunch to write this, I am not used to write something as fluffy as this and I really hope that the people who requested this fluffy sequel like this. I seriously do! And I apologize deeply if it's not to your standards. 
Hugs to you all, and may my next story be better than this one!
<3