Final.

ChildCare

AN: LOL enjoy the crack?

 

It should have been a normal day. A normal weekend rather. One where Taemin expected to be scolded by Kibum for his messy room or laughed at by Jonghyun for said scolding. He also expected his boyfriend to be cuddly and wanting attention.

Well. That part he got partway right.

It had started on Friday afternoon after a long day of practice. They had been given the weekend off before another long week of rehearsals and getting ready for a brand new album. Taemin was slightly on edge and exhausted and each time Jonghyun continued to bug him and prod him—he got angry.

Of course it was Kibum who made him snap though. “MAKNAE, I TOLD YOU TO CLEAN THIS MESS UP!” The maknae groaned as he stomped into the kitchen to grab some milk. He was done with cleaning—it was his room anyway! Why did he have to do what Kibum told him to do? He ignored the way his hyungs began to scold him until he finally turned and stuck his tongue out at them, “Bite me hyungs! It’s my room!”

Kibum grit his teeth, “Aish this maknae…you’re so careless! When will you learn?”

“Obviously not today.” Taemin replied in kind, his bratty attitude shining as he left the room.

Taemin ignored the way they all glared at him. He could sense they were going to start yelling at him but he quickly escaped to his bedroom. Taemin knew he would have to prove he wasn't careless to his hyungs one of these days, he just never thought that this would be the reason that he would do it in.

He had ended up falling asleep slightly irritated that still after all these years his hyungs never seemed to change their opinion of him. When he woke however, he knew something was off. He heard a small whimper from out in the hallway and though it sounded like Jinki, it also sounded very…childlike. Taemin sat up in his bed and his eyes widened when he heard crying from out in the hallway. Had a child gotten inside their dorm? He began to slightly panic but he moved his way towards the door of his room and opened it.

There sitting on his bottom and sobbing his eyes out was Jinki alright—but he was only a child of a few years. Taemin shut his eyes and slapped his cheeks to make sure he wasn’t dreaming before opening his eyes again. The scene was still the same except this Jinki like child was staring up at him now. “T-Taemin!”

His voice was small and squeaky and if Taemin wasn’t so freaked out he probably would have squealed. “J-Jinki?”

“Y-Yah! W-what happened to me?!” Jinki shrieked, his loud whine carrying over the dorm. Large tears began to well up in his eyes again and Taemin could barely stand to see him cry. The maknae quickly went to his leader’s small body and scooped him up. “Jinki it’s okay!”

“I-I’m still your hyung!” The tiny voice whimpered. Taemin chuckled when Jinki wrapped his tiny arms around his neck and held on tight. Taemin tried to stand slowly, carrying Jinki in his arms through the dorm. He knew he needed to find some sort of help. How did Jinki get changed? When would he even change back?

He set Jinki down on the counter in the kitchen, “St-stay here hyung! Don’t move okay?”

Jinki kicked his feet and pouted as Taemin rushed around and tried to find his cell phone. When he finally found it he returned to his pouting boyfriend and called Kibum. Luck was not with him when none of his hyungs picked up. He sighed and finally set down the phone.

Kid Jinki was just plain adorable. His pout that sat on his face made Taemin want to just burst out giggling. He found it cute how his clothes had shrunk too and yet he still retained his mind. “I’m sorry Jinki, they’re not picking up.”

“Kibum said something about an overnight trip. He probably dragged them with him.” Jinki said. Taemin reached out and patted his head. “Well…I guess you’re stuck with me then…”

Jinki slightly paled. Taemin knew what his thoughts were though. He had to take care of Jinki on his own until he either returned to normal—or his hyungs came back and helped him figure out what to do. Taemin let his head tilt back. This was how he was going to prove he wasn’t careless to his hyungs? Lovely.

“Taemin! I’m hungry!” Jinki cried, his previous thoughts gone. Taemin wrinkled his nose and went to the fridge. “What sounds good Jink?”

“I want—”

“JINKI!” Taemin lunged forward when he saw Jinki start to fall forward off the counter. He barely caught him but he ended up falling backwards with Jinki cradled into his arms. Jinki began crying and Taemin sighed, blowing air up into his bangs. Although Jinki had his right mind and could talk correctly (thank god), he still acted like a child.

Taemin looked up when he found a small hand patting his cheek. “M-Minnie…”

“Yea Jinki?” He grabbed the child’s hands and smiled when Jinki pointed at his mouth. “Hungry!”

“Aish, I’m fine and all…thanks for asking.” He stood up with Jinki secured in his arms and tried to find something he could make. When nothing looked appealing to him he began to panic again. What did he even feed a four year old? Jinki sat patiently in his arms and when Taemin began to hear the whispers of chicken he knew that would be good.

But to go get it?

“I-I suppose I ha-have to take you with me…” Taemin said. Jinki nodded and cheered, his tiny fists waving everywhere in the air. His smile was contagious though and Taemin giggled as he grabbed his things and left with Jinki in his arms.

The moment he got outside it hit him. How could he take Jinki outside when he was like this? What if it got out into the media? He took one look down at Jinki and found him slightly dozing against his shoulder. He shrugged his sweater off and wrapped it around Jinki’s back and carried him out. He remained unseen for a little bit and Jinki finally woke up when they reached the restaurant.

“We’ll get take out okay hyung?” Taemin asked. He set Jinki down and began to search through his wallet for the correct amount of won for the two large boxes of chicken. He had just found the correct amount and set it down when he looked down and found Jinki gone. He paled and turned around. “Jinki? JINKI?”

He found his hyung running around on the sidewalk and running near the street. Taemin cussed to himself and ran to grab him, yanking hard on his arm. “Jinki!” Taemin hissed. “You can’t just run away from me!”

“I want to play!”

Taemin shook his head exasperated. “Hyung! NO!”

His hyung began to whimper but he kept a stoic face as he grabbed their food and began the trudge back to the dorm. He kept Jinki’s hand inside his tightly and the moment they were in the safety of the dorm he let go and turned to his hyung. “That was so stupid of you Jinki! You could have gotten hurt!”

“I-I was playing!” Jinki responded. Taemin shook his head, “You’re the leader! You should know better than that! You were careless! What happened if someone snatched you away? How about then? Would that be playing then?!”

Taemin shut his mouth and waited for a response. He got one alright, but it was full on crying. His heart broke seeing Jinki’s eyes well up with tears and his little bottom lip began to quiver. Taemin sighed as he sobbed and he finally scooped up the leader into his arms. “Hyung, I’m sorry, please stop crying.”

But he only cried harder. Taemin patted his back and began to feel his head throb. How did he even calm him down? He grabbed the stereo remote and turned it on and began to slightly move from side to side. Jinki clung to him tightly and he hummed into the elder’s ear. Usually it was Jinki who sang to him when he was upset but he supposed he could try it. He adjusted Jinki in his arms and began to dance around the room. Jinki looked up from his crying fest as Taemin began to sing and wave him around.

Soon the two were both giggling as Taemin continued to dance and sing for Jinki. Jinki was laughing loudly as Taemin collapsed onto the couch with him held tightly in his arms. “Taking care of a child is hard hyung.”

“I-I’m sorry about earlier…” Jinki whispered as he tugged at Taemin’s shirt. Taemin patted the child’s head. “It’s fine. Are you still—”

“Hungry!” Jinki yelled. Taemin set him down on the couch and remembered to clean his chubby little fingers before allowing him to dig in. He ate slowly and watched Jinki to make sure he wasn’t choking. He glared at his phone when a message came through.

 

From: Kibum-hyung

To: Taemin

Message: If you can last this night and actually keep the dorm in tact, I’ll forever stop nagging you.

 

He'd get back at them all for this. If this was some idea of a joke then he couldn't wait for revenge in the future. Taemin tossed his phone down and sat back when he saw Jinki looking at him. He was a complete mess with food on his face and arms and legs. He sighed and set down his own tray of chicken. “Come on hyung, you need a bath.”

“No!” Jinki yelled. Taemin grit his teeth and reached for Jinki. The elder allowed him to remove his shirt before he took off running around the dorm. “HYUNG!”

“Catch me!” Jinki yelled. Taemin took off after him, tripping on clothes left behind by Minho and Jonghyun. He cringed hearing some things break and knew he’d be yelled at later for it but he finally caught up to Jinki (who in resistance against a bath shed his clothes). He was just about to catch him when they both made something else fall over.

Jinki in fear of the loud noise began to cry and Taemin almost felt like crying himself seeing Kibum’s favorite vase break. He quickly grabbed Jinki and put him into the bathtub. He filled it and put bubbles in and then stood. “Okay hyung, rinse off okay?”

Jinki stared at the water and then up at Taemin, “Help me!” Taemin scowled but helped Jinki bathe himself. He played with the bubbles and let Jinki make a bubble beard on his face before he pulled him out and dried him off.  He grabbed some clothes from Jinki’s drawer and though they dwarfed his body he put them on him.

“How about we watch a movie hyung?” Taemin asked, waving a couple dvd’s in the air. Jinki nodded excitedly and laid down on the couch next to Taemin as they watched a small comedy together. Taemin counted his blessings when Jinki dozed off. He wrapped a blanket around him and then stood up, looking at the dorm that was in shambles. He rubbed his forehead, “They’re going to kill meee….”

He began to clean and begrudgingly cleaned his own room as well since Kibum would nag at him about it. He cleared away the broken vase and all the clothes. He was grateful that Jinki always seemed to sleep like the dead so he was able to clean without waking him.

He ended up sitting back down next to his hyung a couple hours later after the dorm was clean. He let his eyes droop and he patted Jinki’s back. He was calm when he was sleeping and though he had been angry at Jinki earlier for running off, he thought he did an alright job of caring for Jinki in this state. 

When he woke next he felt a heavy head on his lap and eyes on him. He let his eyes flutter open and the first thing he saw was Jinki—in his normal body mind you. The elder was smiling up at him from his spot on his lap.

“Looks like the maknae isn’t so careless after all.”

Taemin looked up at his three other hyungs. He could have cried seeing things were back to normal. Instead he smirked, “You thought I couldn’t do it? Well I did! Hyung was easy to take care of!” Kibum laughed and patted his head, “You did great Tae. You lived up to your word.” Jinki giggled, “I barely remember yesterday…what happened?” Taemin looked down at his lover and brushed his bangs off his forehead. “Well hyung, I—”

“WHERE’S MY VASE?!”

Oops…he forgot to explain about that. He giggled when Jinki squeezed his hand. Sure he was a careless maknae but when it came to Jinki—he’d do all he could to care for him in what ever way possible.

 

AN: BLAH. BLAH. BLAH.