1/1

Cuppycake

 

Brows knitted in a deep frown and tongue constantly poking out to wet his already wet lips, Sehun held onto the icing pipe carefully, forming letters and heart shapes onto the cupcakes he had spent the last two hours baking. The faint sound of Girls Generation's Divine playing in the back made the corner of his lips quirk up in a tiny smile, the memory of his husband screaming out the lyrics offtune still fresh in his head. Sehun chuckled, thinking about Baekhyun's love for the girl group and how protective he could get over them whenever Sehun playfully compare them to other girl groups.

Baekhyun, as always, had always been a distraction, even when he wasn't physically around. Sehun cursed at himself for letting his thoughts stray to his husband, because the heart shape on the cupcake looked like a circle instead. Shaking his head, Sehun once again focused on the task at hand, wiping a trail of sweat from his temple with his shirtsleeve. He didn't know making cupcakes look pretty could be so frustrating. The things he would for his husband.

It's crazy how soft and mushy and romantic he turns when it comes to Baekhyun. The boys and girls called him the Ice Prince back in high school for a reason. Because smiling is so much work, Sehun decided he shouldn't even bother. Of course, until Baekhyun came into his life the first year of college and his lips just curled without him even trying. He couldn't remember how long he took pretending he wasn't affected by Baekhyun's presence, how much longer for him to admit his feelings and even longer to start doing sweet things for the boy.

The point is, Baekhyun is a life changing experience that Sehun gets to keep forever. And he knows this because Baekhyun cried and laughed at the same time when Sehun asked him to marry him (he also jumped onto an unprepared Sehun and they fell but that's okay).

Sighing out in relief, Sehun grinned as he studied his work on the cupcakes, decorating them neatly on the plate he had rushed to the store to get. He glanced at the clock on the wall, panicking when he realized that Baekhyun will be home in less than two hours from visiting his mom, and Sehun has yet to get the dining table ready. He wiped his hands quickly at the front of his apron (rilakuma prints), rushing to get dinner ready hopefully before Baekhyun returns. It's a special day, after all, and Sehun ought to do the cooking today.

Baekhyun's favorite had always been Italian, and Sehun remembered his husband craving for Carbonara Spaghetti so much he wouldn't eat anything else. Thoughts of Baekhyun alone are always enough to leave Sehun grinning like an idiot and he had to bite at his bottom lip to stop himself from smiling so much. He imagines still smiling like this when he turns a healthy sixty year old just thinking about Baekhyun.

He had a hard time perfecting the carbonara sauce, frowning as he tried to make the taste at least decent and not result in Baekhyun having a tummy ache (because Baekhyun's sensitive to the food he eats and something wrong could end him up in the hospital). Once he was sure that Baekhyun wouldn't cringe at the taste, he smiled smugly, feeling proud at his success. His next task was to set up the dining table, and he took nearly half an hour to make it look special.

(it's hard because the table cloth is ugly and the candles are boring).

He managed, however, to make the atmosphere somewhat romantic (thanks to his creativity). It was the first time he didn't bring Baekhyun out to a candlelight dinner or celebrate Valentine's Day somewhere else, so this year's Valentine's should be special. He's excited to witness Baekhyun's reaction to all of these. And once he deemed everything ready, Sehun clapped his hands as a way to congratulate himself. He pressed repeat to the song he'd been listening to for the whole afternoon (Divine because it reminds him of Baekhyun too much), pulling off his apron to throw it into the washing machine before rushing into his room to put on decent clothes.

Finding the right outfit to wear was another hard task that leaves Sehun frowning again as he searched through his drawer. He made a mental note to bring Baekhyun out for some clothes shopping soon; he's run out of things to wear. Finally, he found himself a pair of jeans and a black and white button down, pleased to find something he hadn't worn for the past two weeks. It needed to be ironed, so he did that quickly before putting it on, styling his newly-cut hair. He thinks he looks really good with the hair color and he hopes Baekhyun would think the same.

The things he does for Baekhyun.

The clock struck seven when he heard the roaring of Baekhyun's car stopping in their driveway, grinning as he hurried to make sure the dining room is ready before he waited (impatiently) for Baekhyun to enter the house. He heard the usual tune that Baekhyun hummed, then came the sigh, soft and slightly annoyed. Sehun puffed his cheeks out in slight worry, the plate of cupcakes in his hand. Perhaps Baekhyun's a little cranky because he had a fight with his mom, it's not a surprise. his lips, Sehun breathed in and stepped out from the kitchen to sneak up on his husband, grinning again as he jumped in front of the older male and presenting his plate of cupcakes.

"Happy Valentine's, baby!"

The first expression that crossed Baekhyun's features was of shock, then anger at Sehun for startling him which quickly transformed into awe once his eyes settled onto the rows of cupcakes on the plate before him. He lets out an almost unmanly squeal as he leaned in to take a closer look. "Sehun, these are so pretty! So pretty and lovely and - Aw, Happy Valentine's to you too. You'll be my valentine right?"

Sehun's grin widened as he watched his husband's reaction, laughing a little at how adorable he is. He rolled his eyes at Baekhyun's question, closing the gap to place a kiss onto Baekhyun's button nose before picking one of the cupcakes to feed the older with. "That's silly of you to ask, baobei. I'm always your Valentine, as you are mine."

Baekhyun's gaze moved from the cupcakes to stare up at Sehun dreamily, eyelashes fluttering as his lips parted to take a bite of the cupcake that Sehun hovered before him. "I just wanted to make sure, Sehun-ah. What if you were giving me these cute little treats as a form of apology because you wanted someone else? I would be heartbroken."

The gasp that left Sehun's lips was silent, a frown etched onto his forehead as he tried to stay calm at every word that left Baekhyun's lips. He pursed his own as his hand dropped instinctively, preventing his husband from getting a bite of the cupcake. "Hm. If I'd wanted someone else, I would have disappeared on our wedding day. I won't say sorry because I won't be sorry. If I am, I wouldn't have broken your heart. But there isn't anyone else," Sehun smiled while placing the cupcake back onto the plate, then putting the whole plate on the nearest table before cupping Baekhyun's small face within his hands. "I've only ever wanted you. And there will only be you, always. You're my husband and you're my forever, okay?"

He had always loved the way Baekhyun's eyes formed crescents as his lips stretched into a smile, the way he gazes up adoringly at Sehun, the way his hands fit perfectly with Sehun's slightly larger ones. Baekhyun is like that missing puzzle piece he had been looking for to be complete. And he wants to keep it forever. The older male stood on his tiptoes to press his lips against Sehun's, the kiss so sweet yet filled with passion and want and love and Sehun thinks it's crazy but he's falling in love all over again. It's definitely crazy.

"Happy Valentine's Day, Sehun baby. I bought your favorite chocolates for today. But they're in the car so let me just get them." Baekhyun's about to pull completely away from Sehun when the taller stopped him, excited for the chocolate but it could wait.

"We'll have the chocolate for dessert. I've prepared dinner and I'm kinda starving." Sehun shot Baekhyun another grin, pulling the older male into the dining room to reveal his masterpiece. Baekhyun had gasped then, rewarding Sehun with another smooch before they settled into the seats and dinner was enjoyed rather well.

Later, after two plates of Carbonara Spaghetti, Baekhyun had retrieved the box of chocolate from his car and they cuddled up on the couch in the living room, the lights dimmed. Baekhyun sat half on the couch and half on Sehun's lap, their legs entangled as Sehun pops a piece of chocolate into his husband's mouth. The older male did the same, laughing when Sehun's nose scrunched up at the taste. They shared a glass of wine, Sehun kissing some off Baekhyun's lips and vice versa. He feels like he's floating and Baekhyun looked so so beautiful tonight, more than he had been any other nights and Sehun just couldn't keep his lips to himself.

"So my mom kept complaining that her new boyfriend never remembers dates and she's pissed off." Baekhyun was saying, occasionally sipping wine from the glass and feeding Sehun some. Sehun was only half listening, focusing more on the way Baekhyun's lips moved as he continued to speak. He studied his husband's features in detail, wants to remember every line and curve and wished he could paint it somewhere and make it permanent. Baekhyun could take forever to tell a story and Sehun won't be tired of listening to his voice. It's angelic melody enough to keep the smile on his face as he played with Baekhyun's fingers.

Baekhyun's crazy beautiful, not just the way his skin is almost flawless or how his lips are softer than anyone could imagine, but also the way he cares for the animals or the less fortunate and how he smiles up at Sehun as if he could see everything that he's ever wanted in Sehun alone. Baekhyun isn't perfect; he's far from it, but Sehun thinks he wouldn't wish for anything more or anything less. Baekhyun is that missing piece he had finally found.

But no matter how much Sehun loves listening to Baekhyun, his impatience weighed heavier and so as Baekhyun continued to talk, Sehun leaned in and cut him off by capturing Baekhyun's lips with his. A hand curled at Baekhyun's nape to pull him closer and Sehun deepened the kiss, the softness of Baekhyun's lips driving him wild and he couldn't have enough. So he kissed and he kissed until they're both out of breath before they kissed again. Baekhyun's a little frustrated because, knowing Baekhyun, he wanted something more and Sehun would give him more but it could wait. He just wants to kiss Baekhyun for now.

Even later, after countless, breathless 'I love you's as they climbed the highest peak and fell together right on that couch, Baekhyun chuckled just as Sehun thought he had fallen asleep. He had a finger tracing patterns onto Baekhyun's as the older lay on top of him and his finger stopped at the sound of Baekhyun's voice.

"It's funny," Baekhyun mumbled sleepily, snuggling into Sehun's chest.

"What is?"

"We've had five years of Valentine's Day but every time feels like the first. Why are you so amazing?" He asked as if he genuinely wanted to know the answer and Sehun had to laugh because it's adorable.

He raked fingers through Baekhyun's brown locks, placing multiple pecks onto the older's temple. "I don't know. It does feel like the first so I have to ask you the same question. Some say it's skills, but do you know what I think?"

Baekhyun hummed in question, raising his head to look at Sehun. His eyes fluttered shut when Sehun kissed him and he smiled as Sehun answered. "I think it's love."

The older boy smiled even wider, kissing Sehun once, twice, three times. "It's definitely love. You and me, forever and always, right?"

"Right. Forever and always."

(sehun fell in love again that night with baekhyun, maybe more than once but he doesn't think it's crazy anymore).

 

A/N: Late Valentine's Day fic but some said it's never too late for sebaek! So here ya go. Some sebaek for you amazing readers. I missed writing fluffy sebaek so writing this was so fun. *-* Sorry if it's too short!