Final

The Closet Shipper

"I really hate it whenever Chanyeol gets close to Baekhyun like please get your hands off him." Kyungsoo says with a convincing face. He stands awkwardly in front of the soccer player who is currently wiping the sweat off his face. Jongin responds.

"Up to this date, I really don't understand how people can ship two guys together."

Ouch. Sometimes Kyungsoo hates it when people are understandably homophobic, but he makes an exception for his crush.

"Have you seen the latest episode of 'Cherish You'?" Kyungsoo fakes the grin on his face. "The fans made a big deal when Baekhyun sat beside Chanyeol during lunch! Of course they are going to sit beside each other since Baekhyun is Chanyeol's secretary in the drama!"

Kyungsoo has been doing this since he knew that Jongin doesn't like the thought of two boys together. It was a year ago when he found out that the soccer player is also a korean drama enthusiast, much to Kyungsoo's pleasure, he has a common thing with Jongin, something that can bring them closer. But his heart was crushed when Jongin said a few words.

"Baekhyun and Chanyeol, I've heard they're really close in real life, but I pity the fans who ship them romantically."

He's not really close friends with Jongin. Just an aquaintance with similar interests.

Since then, Kyungsoo started to fake everything.

Kyungsoo goes home with an excitement building up on him. His readers have been bugging him to update "The Guy From Manhattan". The latest chapter is a cliff-hanger; it's the scene where Chanyeol is finally going to tell his parents that he wants to marry Baekhyun. His readers don't know that Kyungsoo's going to surprise them with a Valentine's special in the next chapter.

As he enters his room he sees his own customized poster he had made a certain shop to do a month ago, in which Chanyeol was looking at Baekhyun's back with the sunset as the backdrop. Along with the poster, his room is decorated with his fanarts, paintings of the couple, the towel banner that he had during the fanmeeting of a drama. Stickers are also decorating his laptop keyboard, his personal favorite is the one where Chanyeol and Baekhyun laugh together as they eat cake.

An ultimate closet shipper indeed. He drops his bag and opens the laptop.

"author-nim pls update soon :3"

"tennisdyo i cried at some scenes! this chapter is gold!"

"what a cliff-hanger! i've been reading this chapter again and again! please update soon!"

"senpai tennisdyo this should be a book! gosh i love the guy from manhattan!!!"


He cannot help to smile as he scrolls down and reads the comments. The responses are overwhelming. He sits straight on his bed as he opens the folder "TGFM" and opens the draft he will continue.

He suddenly recalls his conversation with Jongin earlier. It that he has to pretend in front of his crush every time they come across the topic.Sometimes Kyungsoo goes overboard. He remembers the time he told Jongin "I hate their fanservice, it's so obvious that they just do that to earn more viewers and money". He apologized to his Baekyeol posters in his room when he went home.

It's funny because before Kyungsoo even knew that Jongin is also a drama fan, he already had a liking to him. It's just really ironic that Jongin hates Baekyeol but Kyungsoo ships them just how much he ships himself with Jongin.

Excuse you Jongin but you're missing a lot in the Baekyeol world. They are so in love and you don't know a single thing. It's your loss. And I am the greatest tennisdyo writer, everybody wants to be my friend on the internet. So please date me.

Sometimes Kyungsoo wants the kiss slow. Sometimes he enjoys writing the couple too thirsty and too drunk in lust to function. Sometime he wants them as kids, sometimes he puts "mpreg" as warning. His first Baekyeol fic is where Chanyeol is a mad scientist and he created Baekhyun to fall in love with the doctor. It gained thousand subscribers in four days.

Sometimes he thinks of how he would get Jongin date him. He wishes that Jongin wants guys who can blow his mind with beautiful words. Kyungsoo has these so-called talents. He's proud of his poetic, smooth writing skills that come in handy in their literature class.

"Wow Kyungsoo, you look like you're the next New York's Best Selling Author, where did you even get these words?" Jongin asks him a few minutes after as he scans the papers full of incomprehensive vocabulary even a college student would barely know.

As he hears the question fall off from the beautiful plump lips of the tanned male, Kyungsoo smiles, not knowing how to respond.

Kyungsoo wishes that, if he cannot take Jongin's breath away by his physical looks, he can write him poems and stories Jongin will ask on a heartbeat.

He knows keeping his treasured secret isn't good. He believes that badmouthing the almighty Baekyeol is bad. He believes in karma. Thus he believes that Jongin will know someday. Jongin will know that Kyungsoo likes the thought of boy A sleeping with boy B, or boy A sharing morning cuddles with boy B. He just doesn't know when. He wishes that karma won't be a .

In a nutshell, he wants to impress Jongin, even if takes to badmouth his beloved Baekyeol. He feels sorry whenever he mocks the couple in front of Jongin. Ironically he does that, communicating with him while thinking of the kissing scenes in his latest fic.







It's now the 14th of February. People are out to give chocolates for someone they like, maybe others are spending it out of town, others are home alone, tending to their lonely hearts, just like Kyungsoo. But for him, Valentine's is different. He sits alone in his house. It's Valentine's day. That means he has to write a Valentine's fic for his favorite couple in the world. At the same time he has this homework in Chemistry he has to deal with. But first things first, he must finish the fic for this Valentine's. He opens the "BMD" folder to continue his draft on his new fic "Be My Date".

He is now currently in the . The part were Chanyeol decides to stop his school rivalry with Baekhyun and offers his hand to date him in front of the public. It's coming. He was suffering from a writer's block earlier. But now it's in the tip of his tongue. As his fingers hover the keyboard, he tries his hardest to pull in the bright lights in his mind, when suddenly his phone rings a notification.

He groans as he jumps a little bit from the sound, but he's surprised when he sees who the message is from.

"kyungsoo :3" It's Kim Jongin.

Kyungsoo starts to hyperventilate as he stares in his phone. He stares at the message for a few seconds before he composes himself. He sits up and relaxes his back. He almost forgot that there's a life outside the internet, he forgot to worry about his personal love life. Why is Jongin messaging him? Oh my, did he finally learn to like me? Does he like me now? Is he going to ask me out? And what does that emoticon mean omg?

"Hi :)" Kyungsoo replies. For a few minutes he forgets about the fic he was writing because he is now engrossed in this waiting game. He waits, and waits, but Jongin doesn't reply and it has been 10 minutes already. He sighes as he turns the screen of his phone off and continues the fic.

After an hour and still no messages from Jongin, he has finally finished his Valentine's special fic. Just a few editing and it's ready to post. He doesn't need a beta because his grammar is better than those of the professors. As his tradition, he creates an opening message to send to his few best friends online to update them that he had finish the fic.

Hello, this is tennisdyo again and I've finished my Baekyeol Valentine's fic! This time it's a typical highschool au in which Chanyeol and Baekhyun are rivals. This fic of 6k words of fluff is word to read! Enjoy my fellow shippers! XOXO http://www.baekyeol-world.com/story/view/9493/be-my-date

With a smile on his face, he copies the note and pastes it on his friends' wall. His friends over the internet are really fun to talk with, they always give his fics feedback, mostly compliments, and the criticisms are kept minimum.

A notification rings again and it's Jongin.

"^____^ can u pls help me w/ the chem hw? :)) pls kyungsoo ^___^ :))" And Kyungsoo lost his energy.

It has always been like this. Kyungsoo always likes the guy that doesn't even take importance of him. He smiles. He's used to these things.

"Sure Jongin :) What part?" Kyungsoo presses send as his shoulders sag down. Maybe next time he should look for a man like Chanyeol in his fics. Maybe he should stop liking people in general.

"num 3!! :))) i don't get iiiit ;AAA;" Kyungsoo finds Jongin adorable with his excessive use of emoticons. One time he asked Jongin over the text what semicolon A semicolon means. "that's ;A;! it's a person crying out of happiness or frustration, it depends on d context ^__^".

"Our professor had sent us powerpoints that could give us the answers. :D " Kyungsoo replies with an emoticon he never used.

":OOO where? i didn't c it ;u;"

"Just wait a sec I'll send it."

"yay :3 thanks :3"


Kyungsoo opens his facebook tab and goes to their class' group. He scrolls down until he sees the familiar photos taken of their discussion's slide. He copies the link and goes back to Jongin.

"hey kyungsoo r u done w/ this chem hw? :333"

"Not yet."

"oh ok. :3 u better start! :))"

"Yes I will, in a bit. here's the powerpoint."

"Hello, this is tennisdyo again and I've finished my Baekyeol Valentine's fic! This time it's a typical highschool au in which Chanyeol and Baekhyun are rivals. This fic of 6k words of fluff is word to read! Enjoy my fellow shippers! XOXO http://www.baekyeol-world.com/story/view/9493/be-my-date"


His heartbeat went up zenith as soon as he looked at his chat box with Jongin.

"OH MY GOD HOLY WRONG SEND."

"FORGET ABOUT IT. ENJOY YOUR HOMEWORK BYE."


He screams. He feels his cheeks heating up. He burries himself under the pillows and comforter. He screams alskdjaslkjdlksajla as he mentally kills himself 1000 times over. ing i ing pressed the ctrl+c on the link why is god so mad at me i didn't deserve this . He screams inside his room in embarrassment, he wants to dig a hole and burry himself and never comeback for the rest of his life.

He doesn't want to look back at his messages with Jongin. He imagines meeting Jongin tomorrow in school. Oh the horror. He doesn't want to go to school, but he knows his mom won't allow him to skip classes unless he's super sick.

I ing pressed ctrl+c why is my keyboard doing this to me what the hell. Out of all people, why must it be Jongin?

It is time. Maybe he was subconsciously waiting for this moment to come. But damn, he wishes he could go back in time. Please just please let me go back 10 minutes ago. Where are the time machines ughh just please take my money i don't care how much they cost.

Jongin will remember this. Maybe Jongin is mocking him right now. Maybe Jongin clicked the link and went laughing at him. He always perceived Jongin as a silent observer, despite his cockiness. He knows Jongin is one click away from knowing Kyungsoo's stash of Baekyeol fics, oh god what if he sees the ?

He will hate me. He is disgusted. I am disgusting. I am so pathethic.
Kyungsoo's thoughts killed him as he eyes one Baekyeol poster near his laptop. There, Baekhyun and Chanyeol was laughing at something, and Kyungsoo knows that the posters are laughing at him. His whole room of faces is laughing at his misery. Kyungsoo wants to cry.

A notification distracted him from further killing himself. It's Jongin.

"HAHAHHAHAHA!"

Jongin blatantly laughed at him. He desperately thinks of something defensive. He contemplates if he should tell that the account is not his, that it's from a friend and Kyungsoo only wants to show it to Jongin. But altogether he knows it's too late. Great. Jongin is judging him now. The person he likes the most is laughing at him. This is the greatest Valentine's day ever.

He decides to act like a man. Jongin will forget about this eventually, after all, he's not interested in me. He's never given me attention anyway.

"Forget about it. Good luck on your homework." He sends, he regrets his life choices.

"ok :3 tennisdyo :3"

Jongin mocks him. He starts to regret why he liked the guy in the first place. He wants to stab Jongin and yell. He can't sleep that night. It goes without saying that his stomach turns upside down whenever he remembers the incident.

-

He sees Jongin the next day.

He is cornered by the tall male before lunch period. He tried his best to avoid the man but the other seems to be determined to mock him. He mentally cries as he sees the man with a teasing grin.

"I know I'm disgusting and yeah I cry over gay males so please go away." He tries to shove the arm stopping him but Jongin is persistent.

"Kyungsoo, what are you saying?" Jongin's teasing grin remains.

"STOP MOCKING ME AND OFF." He storms off, ignoring the gasps he heard from his surprised classmates because Do Kyungsoo never yells. He feels his eyes getting watery. Do Kyungsoo doesn't cry. Do Kyungsoo doesn't cry over stupid homophobic sweaty and ugly soccer players. Oh, and he realizes he cursed. Do Kyungsoo never cursed.

Jongin is persistent. He followed Kyungsoo until the stairway.

"Kyungsoo, I'm not mocking you! Last night I've actually read some of your works- hey are you crying oh my god Kyungsoo don't cry!"

He feels the grip on his arm tightens as he tries to escape. He feels so stupid, crying over something pathetic. For the first time Kyungsoo feels bad about shipping Baekyeol.

"YOU SAW IT. YOU SAW EVERYTHING. YOU SAW MY FICS." Kyungsoo cries in embarrassment and he knows he's making a scene as he looks around people silently judging him, looking at him from head to toe.

Jongin seems to get what he feels so he lets himself be towed away from the people. Before he knows it he's already in an area on the school people rarely go.

"Mind explaining things from last night?"

Kyungsoo hates it. He doesn't like it because he believes that everyone is not obligated to explain why they like a certain thing. He breathes hard. If Jongin's going to hate him for liking Baekyeol, then might as well tell the truth.

He closes his eyes so he doesn't skip a beat.

"Yes. I love Baekyeol. I spend hours writing over them. I lied about hating them. And I imagine them whole day. I think about them all the time. I'm not even lying. Happy now?" Kyungsoo sniffs.

He doesn't know why he's getting so worked up. He should just leave Jongin because liking Jongin isn't worth anything anymore.

Jongin's smile is irritating. He knows this embarrassment is going to be pass down in History books, and Jongin's going to remember it. This will haunt him forever.

"Why were you even pretending that you hate Baekyeol?"

"B-because I just want to! And I'm a guy for god's sake! That's a thing to frown at." He keeps on acting with this brave facade. Truthfully, he doesn't mind screaming to the world he loves Baekyeol at all, it's just that he's worried about Jongin's perception of him, and screw him for thinking about what the other might judge him for.

Jongin hums in response. He relaxes under the smaller man's glare and looks at him again.

"Why are you so worked up about this anyway? I'm not judging you at all, and like I've said, I read your fics last ni-" Kyungsoo covers his own ears because damn it Jongin I heard you so please don't rub it on my face it's embarrassing.

"I kept it a secret because you said you hate them!"

"I never told you I hate them!"

Wait. Kyungsoo starts to think of the impossible. Maybe, just maybe. He looks at the other with uncertainty, feeling too hot with the sun's glare directed on him. Maybe it was possible after all.

"Are you.. maybe you're a closet shipper like me too?"

Jongin laughs.

"No." Kyungsoo wishes the red on his face is not apparent.

"T-then what are you?"

"A drama fan. But no, seriously, I don't ship them romantically." It feels like Jongin's look at him burns right on his face. He knows Jongin's secretly judging him. He really knows.

"But Kyungsoo, wow, I am surprised. You write about them. Like wow." He doesn't know if that's a real compliment or not. "But seriously, you've been writing them for about 3 years. I kinda... stalked your account, you know."

Kyungsoo remembers the way he mocks Baekyeol in front of Jongin. He bets he looks stupid in front of him right now. He sits on the curb and burries his face on his palms and sighs.

"Okay stop it. Let's not make this a big deal. You know the truth." Kyungsoo thinks if this is the right time to tell his feelings. They're not going to talk after this anyway, so he decides.

"I lied because you don't like gay people. And I think I am one of them and please keep this as a secret but I like you and please don't tell this anyone because I don't want the rest of the school population to hate me."

He embarassed himself last night, might as well embarass himself today. He pulls something off his bag and shoves it to Jongin's free hand. He misses the confusion on the other's face.

"Here, it's the sweetest orange from our tree. It's supposed to be my lunch but it's yours now so please forget everything and don't talk to me anymore. This is a bribe by the way." He starts to walk away but Jongin spoke again.

"You don't know I'm gay? I thought half of the population knows that I am?"

Upon hearing that, Kyungsoo looks at the other's orbs. He wanted to walk away but he found himself glued to the ground as Jongin walks towards him.

"I'm not homophobic. I'm gay. Maybe you're giving too much attention to Baekyeol so much that you don't know the rumors firing up our school." He fights the urge to ask the other what rumors? but he doesn't want to meddle with. He feels his heart do the thump thump thing as Jongin walks closer.

"And Kyungsoo, how can you be so dense? I thought it was obvious-"

"I-i'm sorry I was insensitive to tell you that you're homophobic but-"

"that I like you too."

what? Jongin said he likes him. No no, was he supposed to believe? No, maybe he's just making fun of him, seeing this as the part 2 of the mockery he has received, but his emotions tell him otherwise as his heart jumps when Jongin tucks a dishiveled hair right on his ear.

"Kyungsoo, aren't you aware of the meanings of the emoticons? From the way I text, are you honestly that stupid?" Jongin chuckles and looks away but Kyungsoo sees a light pink on the tanned male's cheeks.

"I thought we kind of have this... you know," he sees Jongin avoiding his looks "I thought we kind of have this, mutual understanding, turns out I just assumed." Jongin is flustered and shy and Kyungsoo wants to tell him that no no Jongin I like you and you like me so please can we date? Jongin laughs off his embarrassment.

"Kyungsoo, you never asked me the meaning of colon three." Kyungsoo imagined the number, the symbol as well but it was so fast he didn't have time, he sees Jongin leaning in and it was lips against lips painfully touching slowly and shortly, it was all rainbows and pixie dust.

It was so fast that Kyungsoo felt nothing, it was a pity that it was Kyungsoo's first kiss.

"You can have your orange back." Jongin pulls something from his bag. "And I forgot to give you this." He hands him a box of chocolate, and it was comical because it has Baekyeol's sticker on the cover.

Jongin rubs his neck.

"I kind of rushed since... I had that Baekyeol sticker specialized just this morning and I'm sorry it's a day late but Happy Valentine's day, will you go out with me?"

Kyungsoo leans in for their second kiss.



A/N: this is based from experience btw ㅠ___ㅠ but it was with a friend. the fic is cheesy and disgusting, happy valentine's day!