Final

Right Where We Are

The snow was falling outside, making the city grow colder than it already was. People were avoiding crowding the streets to protect themselves from the cold and were hiding inside their own houses. Somewhere in this beautiful place called Seoul, though, a house seemed to be full of warmth inside.

“It’s perfect” Said a woman in her fifty as she lit up the last candle in the room. She fixed her long, black hair as she did so to prevent the fire from burning it. She stood up from the candle bars to check the room all over again for one last time. She was surrounded by half darkness now since the light from the candles all shone together brightly by then. She sniffed a bit and could smell the aromatic scent from the burning clay as well. Turning her head to the dining table, she made sure that the dishes and drinks were all fine and complete. Yes, her wifey’s and her own favorite menu were there. By then, she realized that she had sweated her shirt and pants a bit.

“I am not that strong and energetic anymore, indeed” She dried her wet face with her palms. It was true that she got tired more easily and quickly as she aged, unlike when she was still in her middle 20s. She was not the young, fresh Taeyeon who ran all over the concert stage and sang her heart out again. However, the still-shorty woman did not regret what she had prepared for tonight, because the dining room looked so romantic and she was sure her wife would like it. Thinking of her wife, though, she wondered if that lovely woman of hers had finished preparing herself in their very own bedroom. She gave the room one last smile before going to the other side of the house.

When she arrived in front of the wooden door, she decided to knock it first to respect the other woman inside. Usually, if this had been any other ordinary day, she would have just barged in to see what her life partner was doing inside, but that day was a special day so she decided to wait until the lady was fully ready.

Meanwhile, the slightly younger woman inside was trying hard to fix her dress. The white semi-gown actually fitted her just fine, but somehow she felt like it did not give her the vibe of being gorgeous anymore.  She sighed remembering that she was not that y Sunny of Girls Generation – the one with ‘the most curvaceous body’ title among the members anymore. She attempted fixing the ribbon that lingered just right under her s, in a hope that the curve could stand out a bit.

“Honey, are you done?” The knock on the door and the gentle voice of her hubby shocked her a little.

“Yes, umm… just a few more minutes!” She answered while her hands were still busy tying the ribbon over here and there. Not getting any more satisfying result, she gave up at last and could only spray some perfume from head to toe before stepping to the door hesitantly. She turned the knob slowly and popped her head out, finding the ‘husband’ still waiting patiently outside.

“Taengoo, I am done” She whispered, not letting the other see the full view of her body.

“Hey, come outside” Taeyeon pulled her by hands softly and she smiled when she could see the full image of her wife. “Let’s start the celebration”

Sunny let Taeyeon guide their way to the set place. Once she entered, she could not hide her happiness as she saw the lights and smelled the nice aroma. She stopped walking for a moment.

“Taengoo, this is sooo nice” She grinned innocently and Taeyeon could not help but smile at that grin. She put her hands on Sunny’s cheeks and rubbed it gently.

“You know when you open your mouth cheerfully like this and call me Taengoo, it reminds me of the days we were still dating” She said, making Sunny blush by the statement.

Without waiting for Sunny’s reply, Taeyeon stepped to the corner of the room where the MP3 player and speakers were placed and tapped the play button. Soft, romantic music that would make everyone out there forget the cold started playing and filling the already warm room. Taeyeon walked back to her mistress and intertwined their fingers.

“Would you like to have dinner first” She caressed those fingers. “…or have a dance with me first?”

“Wait” Sunny turned her head to the direction of the door. “Is our daughter asleep already?”

“She is. I asked her to sleep earlier with her exams tomorrow as the reason” Taeyeon cupped Sunny’s hand. “Now, answer me”

Taeyeon’s fixed gaze made Sunny turn again at her. “Dinner first, please. My stomach is growling”

“Okay” Taeyeon pulled her again, this time to the dinner table. “Just for your information, Kim Taeyeon prepared all of this by herself”

Sunny could not help but to open . “Seriously? You even still remember my favorite dishes?”

“Of course I do. I remember everything, Lee Soonkyu, everything about you even after all these years” Taeyeon pulled the chair. “Now have a seat, madam”

“You know what” The woman in the semi-gown began again. “Sometimes things like this also remind me of those days where you brought me to restaurants, pulled me a seat, and ordered my favorite menu. The days where you sent me back home and kissed me good night”

“And you would stare at my car until it’s completely out of your sight, then you would walk inside” The woman in shirt continued their memories, as her hands were busy moving the food to their plates respectively.

“And the silly fights we had” Sunny started munching the food.

“We still do it until now” Taeyeon cut the meats and brought it to .

“Really? Well… I don’t really count it as fights anymore”

Taeyeon chuckled. “I don’t either, but I consider it as a way to know you more”

“Know me more?” The wifey furrowed her eyebrows. “What’s there to know more about me?”

“Countless” Taeyeon smiled at her this time. “Getting married to you and growing old with you don’t stop me from learning you”

Sunny did not reply as she went on with chewing her favorite meal. In her heart, though, she was processing Taeyeon’s words. She did not know if she had done enough for Taeyeon all this time, but Taeyeon had always done more than enough for her. Even after these long years, Taeyeon did not stop loving her, taking care of her and the family, and touching her heart. Taeyeon was still the same Taeyeon she first knew more than 30 years ago.

With those thoughts in mind, Sunny gulped the last drop of the wine and she did not know why her heart started sending signals for her eyes to drop tears. She took a quick glance at the other person, checking if she was still busy drinking from her glass. She did not want to ruin this day; it was supposed to be a joyful day to remember their memories and to strengthen their bond for the future, but the feelings were just surrounding her way too strongly. Sunny hung her head low in order to not let Taeyeon see those tears, but her life partner knew her way too deep already.

“Too overwhelmed?” As if she knew everything already, Taeyeon just guessed and Sunny nodded. “Should we finish the meal and have the dance to stop the crying then?”

Sunny nodded again and that sent Taeyeon off to her chair, taking her hand once more before lingering her arms around the same waist she had always hugged. They waited for a few seconds for the next song to start. When it did, Taeyeon took Sunny’s right hand and kept her waist firm with her left arm. She began moving with light steps, along with the song’s rhythm, making Sunny follow her pace.

When your legs don’t work like they used to before

And I can’t sweep you off your feet

Will your mouth still remember the taste of my love?

Will your eyes still smile from your cheek?

“I know what is in your mind” Taeyeon began again. “And you know, I am not the same Taeyeon anymore either”

Sunny finally looked up with her still-wet cheeks. “What do you mean?”

The hubby sighed shortly. “Just look at my hair. They’re not the glorious, long hair which fans once called ‘hair ’ anymore. I grow a few white hairs already although it’s not many and I pull them off every time I see them. My body – It’s not as strong and energetic anymore that I cannot lift you to my arms easily like I used to”

Taeyeon put her hand on Sunny’s head, patting it as she smiled. “And my voice is not as beautiful as it was a long time ago to sing for you, my beautiful lady”

“What are you talking about?” Sunny took the hand from her own head and planted a kiss on it. “You’re still the same Taengoo I love. You’re still the same romantic, cheesy Taengoo who does this kind of thing on special days. You’re still the same Taengoo who puts me to sleep every night. I don’t care how bad your voice is or is going to be. Even until your voice turns hoarse like a grandma’s voice, I still want you to sing for me and me only and to me, it will sound beautiful no matter what. You’re still the same Taengoo, wife of Lee Soonkyu”

“And you’re still the same Lee Soonkyu, wife of Kim Taeyeon” Taeyeon touched Soonkyu’s cheeks once more. “I know how worried you are with your body figure these days. So I want you to know that, even if you think you have a grandma’s body, you’re still the same Lee Soonkyu with the most curvaceous body and iest lips I have ever seen. You’re still the same Lee Soonkyu with the only aegyo that works on me. You’re still the same Lee Soonkyu who listens to my singing and still calls me the best singer”

Darling I will be lovin’ you till we’re seventy

Baby my heart could still fall as heart at twenty-three

I’m thinking about how people fall in love in mysterious ways

Maybe just the touch of a hand

Well me, I fall in love with you every single day

I just want to tell you I am

 

“Happy anniversary, Taengoo”

“Happy anniversary, Sunny Bunny”

They shared a short, but meaningful gaze with thousands of feelings communicated only in a matter of seconds. Then, like what she had always done from the time they dated, to the time they were newly married to this time, Taeyeon leaned in and captured Sunny’s lips with hers. It did not take long for the shorter to open wider and let the taller insert her tongue inside. They both were right; even until they’re seventy, this was the lips they were going to taste and it would still taste the same – the same taste from the same person they first tasted a long long time ago.

At one moment, just when she knew when to break the kiss, Taeyeon pulled herself even though her eyes were still glued to the other’s eyes and vice versa.

“I forgot one thing though” She playfully grinned.

“What?”

“I will tell you on bed” She then strengthened her muscles, lifting Sunny to her arms to carry her in their romantic bridal style. “Looks like Kim Taeyeon will always be strong enough for a Lee Soonkyu”

“What are we going to…”

“Just shut up and let me be the same Taeyeon who popped your cherry” She finished as she lifted Sunny to her arms.

So honey now

Take me into your loving arms

Kiss me under the light of a thousand stars

Place your head on my beating heart

I’m thinking out loud

That maybe we found love right where we are

           


 

A Dandyu one-shot for Valentine's Day! Happy Valentine, fellow Dandyu shippers~ :D