01. The New Girl

Innocent

"I think she is caught up by who she is and who she wants to be"

 

 

 

The new girl always intrigued everyone. It always made everyone whisper guesses on how she would be like. 

 

The girls' would find themselves in the small bathrooms, their pale doll like hands placing mascara on their eyelashes as the talked of the predictions on how the new girl would be like. 'Maybe she'll be pretty' one would say while one of the other girls would scoff, her hand in the mid air as she was applying her last bit of gloss on her lips, 'If she was, the Queenkas' would already have their eyes on her' the one beside the girl would nod as she placed her makeup materials back in her small pouch, her hands finding themselves in her hair as she fixed it to look effortlessly made, 'She must not be that important if no one knows nothing of her' but that was effortlessly a lie. Of course she was important as you didn't know what she looked like. Or even who she was. You didn't know if she might capture the eyes of boys' around her or make the Queenkas' shiver under their skins. 

     
The boys' would have different predictions though. They would wonder who would be the first guy to get her. 'She better pray she doesn't capture the wrong eye' one would say, his eyes slightly leaving the screen of his phone as he texted. The boys' would be in the classroom probably texting anyone they could find. One of the boy's would scoff, his forefinger locking his phone as he looked up, 'She would have to be really pretty to capture their attention' and one of the boy's would huff in agreement, his head leant back as he crossed his arms over his chest, 'What if she capture's one of the Kingkas' eyes?'. One of the boy's that would be texting would stop, his fingers hovering over the screen as he spoke, 'She better pray she doesn't'. 
 
The Kingkas' and Queenkas' wouldn't really waste their time predicting.  They would manage their time wisely. Meaning the Queenkas' would paint their nails in the expensive nail salon, their laughter like bells ringing in the air as they talked of the handsome Kingkas' and which one they liked more. The Kingkas' though. They had more important things to do. Meaning to deal with business that involved drugs, explosives and the minor bruises with a sprinkle of gunpowder. They probably would mention the topic of the new girl in a small and inconvenient time, but would brush it off when they had deals heading their way. 
 
The new girl though knew nothing of these predictions as she placed her hand on the handle to open the doors to her new school. Jin- Ah let a small sigh escape her lips as she entered, her backpack light from the new empty folders and new pencils that she probably would lose in a day. Her teeth was grazing on her bottom lip as she tried to ignore the eyes that were staring at her. That for Jin- Ah was nearly impossible.
 
These eyes were watching her as a predator would watch their prey. They were analyzing her from head to toe. From her brand new uniform that felt crisp on her skin to her nervous hands that were clutching her leather brown straps tightly, as if they could be the center of attention instead of her. Anything instead of her. 
 
She looked up slightly and saw girls look at her and than whisper something to their friend next to them. The friend would only nod and return their attention back to Jin- Ah. The new girl that was pretty. Very pretty. With her light pale skin that made her cheeks look rosy pink naturally and blond hair that cascaded down her shoulders. Her lips were the shade of a pastel pink and seem soft to the touch. Her face was all elegant that it reminded you of a painting on a canvas. So delicate and innocent.  She was the girl that will capture the Queenkas' attention. And she didn't even know it, but she already did.
 
Jin-Ah was an oblivious flower as her mother put it and would not know the sky is falling until it was a little too late. So she was oblivious to the group of pretty girls watching her. They were analyzing her. Threat or no threat. And by the way her gaze was cascaded to the ground, they thought she was nothing to worry about. That was until they saw eyes watching her. Eyes that shouldn't be watching her. Eyes that would only analyze when they were intrigued by something or someone. And the Kingkas' were intrigued by the new girl's presence. One of the boy's with elegant cheekbones that would remind you of a prince tried to catch the sight of her name tag as she walked by, but couldn't catch a glimpse of it as by than she was surrounded by six girls'. "Oh this will be fun" the young one muttered and the leader of the group could only scoff, but had his eyes that were hidden by sunglasses on the little scene that was unfolding in the middle of the hallway. 
 
Jin-Ah had to stop herself from colliding with a body. A feminine body, she realized and she also realized the girls' that were surrounding her. They were all extremely pretty and probably Jin-Ah would think more, but the girls natural beauty seemed provided by the pounds of makeup that was contained on their skin. She bit her bottom lip as she shifted her weight from foot to foot. Did she already do something wrong on the first day? With these girls that were looking at her as if she were an unknown specie that shouldn't even be acknowledged.  Jin-Ah felt herself swallow a bitter taste in as she kept in a straight line. A question that was yearning to escape her lips clogged down inside :
 
Did I do something wrong?
 
The girl that was in front of her pursed her lips as she looked her up and down scoffed, a forced scoff. The Queenka couldn't lie. This new girl was naturally pretty and she didn't like that. She didn't like the number of eyes watching her and she didn't like him watching her. She gave a quick glance to him, his signature smirk tugging on his lip, the same white bandana was tied around his head. And his eyes, his eyes weren't looking at her, but at the girl in front of her. That made envy boil in her blood.
 
"What's your name?" Jin-Ah heard her ask as she looked up at her. Jin-Ah looked around and saw the students looking at her. Silent and curiosity on what was going to unfold. She swallowed as she spoke, "Jin-Ah. Im Jin-Ah" she replied as she bowed down in a ninety degree angle and cascaded her gaze on the floor.
 
She heard the girl scoff and stand close to her, her perfume strongly known in the air. Jin-Ah held her breath to not let a cough escape . "Listen new girl, just stay away from us and the Kingkas' and we will have nothing to worry about, okay?" Jin-Ah looked up at the mention of Kingkas'. She wanted to ask on what she was talking about, but decided against it as she looked at her and saw the hatred painted on her narrow eyes. She could only nod as the girl smiled a smile that would remind anyone of razors. Sharp razors. 
 
"Glad we could have this conversation" she started as she motioned her head and the girls that surrounded her were moving away. Jin-Ah could feel the pressured air finally be released and she could finally breathe again. Her lungs felt as if she was drowning a second ago and now she was suppressing on the surface. The girl gave her one last long look that sent a shiver down Jin-Ah'a spine and her heel, the girls' right behind her as they walked away. The halls clearing a path as they walked. 
 
Jin-Ah let a sigh of relief escape her lips as she heard the students around her talk and whisper. She kept her head down for the only view was her shoes and started walking. To gods no where, but she needed to get out of there. That she was certain of. 
 
 She though, didn't make it that far. She felt someone grasp her arm, a tight grip that would remind someone of how iron would feel tightly around you. She felt her body turn and her eyes meet those of a boy's. A slight smirk on his face as he looked at her. Jin-Ah had to bite her lip to distract herself from the pain that was stirring on her arm from his grip. She watched as he tilted his head, completely oblivious to the tight grip he held her in. 
 
"What's your name?" He asked her with a small smile. Why did everyone want to suddenly know her name? 
 
She analyzed him as he did a few minutes ago. He was built, not to muscular, but still had the perfect amount of meat to make her squirm under his grip. He had black hair that was shaggy in a way and warm brown eyes. Or to her that was the only color she could compare them to. She spied the light marks that were under his eyes, as if a mask covered his mouth, but Jin-Ah made no remark.
 
She opened , her response ready to escape her lips, that was until a voice boomed and beat her to it:
 
"Leave her alone J-Hope"
 
The boy or now what Jin-Ah knows his name is, J-Hope frowned. A frown that would be adorable if she wasn't in the situation she was in right then and there. She turned slightly and saw a boy with glasses was the one who addressed him. Who would wear glasses indoors?
 
Jin-Ah though thought it was better to keep that question to herself. 
 
J-Hope only huffed in response, but let go of her arm. She impulsively placed her arm close to her chest as she rubbed the place where it hurt. She scowled softly as she turned to look at the boy, but found herself looking at seven boys instead.   
 
"Oh god" she muttered under her breath as J-Hope arched his brow, a slight smirk tugging his lips, "You didn't answer my question". Jin-Ah could only stare at the group as the boy with glasses huffed in annoyance, but spoke no words of opposition.  She bit her lip, looking from left to right as she saw the crowd of students haven't left the scene of the hallway yet.  
 
Jin-Ah swallowed before she responded, "Jin-Ah. Im Jin-Ah" and gave  another ninety degree bow for the second time in the time period of ten minutes. She retrieved herself from the bow as she looked up and saw a boy with a bandana tied into his hair look at her intensely. A smirk tugging his lips as his tongue grazed his bottom teeth. 
 
"Well Jin-Ah" the boy with glasses finally spoke. He called her by her name and not ' New girl'. "Be careful. There's more than meets the eye in this school" he said with a smug smile as he motioned his head towards her and the boys' disperse her direction. She felt each one of them pass by her, but one poked the side of her hip making her squirm and a laughter to escape his lips. 
 
Sh turned quickly to see the boy with the bandana giving her a wide smile and with everyone's eyes on her, he did what would make Jin-Ah's first day a living nightmare. He winked.
 
 A flirty wink. 
 
At her. 
 
Jin-Ah watched as some girls gasped and boys shook their head as their figures disappeared. She heard whispers all around her. "The Queenkas' are going to kill her" "Did you see him wink at her?" And the word she dreaded the most she heard among the whispers, "Why did the Kingkas' notice her?"
 
Kingkas'? 
 
"Listen new girl, just stay away from us and the Kingkas' and we will have nothing to worry about, okay?" She remembered the girl with evil eyes tell her. Oh god. Those boys were the Kingkas'? Jin-Ah didn't know. How could she have known? 
 
But they were attractive Jin-Ah, a little voice in her head spoke. You should've known.
 
"Aish" she muttered under her breath. Her teeth biting her bottom lip hard. This wasn't going to be a very good first day for Jin-Ah.