FINAL

Anchor

If there's something that Sungyeol feared about, it's just two things. Sea and being left alone by Myungsoo. Because Sungyeol have an aquaphobia, its started when he's 7, he have accident while travelling with his parents. Their boat trapped inside a storm on the sea and made the boat broke down. Set Sungyeol drowned and almost died. But Myungsoo saved him. Myungsoo then lived with him from the day he saved him, that's why he needed Myungsoo no matter what. The later just the only one that can makes him still alive until now.

 

*

 

Sungyeol smiled when he saw Myungsoo laughed in the living room, clapped his hand and laughed so hard because of some reality show on the tv.

"You know, you looks like a seal when laughed and clapped like that," Sungyeol said while he put the snacks down on the table (because Myungsoo can’t live without snacks) and flopped down on the sofa beside Myungsoo. He also dropped a kiss on Myungsoo's cheeks after that. And the other man just grinned at him.

"Then surely you looks like a seal too," he commented back.

"From what features I looks like a seal?" Sungyeol asked.

Myungso hummed and give him a side glance, "Not from its act, but its character. Male seals usually tend to be loners.."

Sungyeol thinking about that for awhile and then leaned to Myungsoo, making the later quickly hugged him.

"You're right."

"Don’t be stressed about that. We're seals after all. If you're a loner then we're loners together. We still have each other."

Sungyeol looked up to Myungsoo and laughed, "Cheesy much."

"You liked it," Myungsoo shrugged.

Sungyeol smiled and hugged Myungsoo back, "I like you," he whispered that.

"I like you too, from the first time I saw you."

It's sounds more cheesy but Sungyeol grinned, felt happy and closed his eyes while still hugging Myungsoo. Enjoyed the other's presences and just like that.

 

*

 

If there's something that Myungsoo can’t do it properly, Sungyeol would answered it with one word, walking. Because it seems like the later have two left feet, making him seems so clumsy with him tripped over something (even his own feet) or even tripped over nothing. Or maybe gravitation just loves Myungsoo so much. But Sungyeol knew better. And he felt a little guilty about the fact why Myungsoo is a clumsy if it’s about walking. Because he's perfect at anything except that one.

"You thinking too much again."

Sungyeol blinked and found Myungsoo in front of him, caressed his forehead, where he sure there was a frown before.

"Did it hurt?"

"About what?"

"You fell down again today."

"It's already nothing. And the frequency is decreased. Today is the first after months. I'm going better with this two, you know," he grinned.

Sungyeol smiled but inside he can felt the guilt again, he wanted to say something to Myungsoo but the later seems understand it. He pulled Sungyeol into a hug and said, "It's my own decision, and it's already 15 years ago, Sungyeol."

"But-"

"I'm yours. And it'll never change. Remember it."

And that makes Sungyeol felt grateful, pushed the guilt to the back of his nerves again. But he knew that it'll be appeared again someday. It's just he still felt the fear inside him. But he knew that as long as Myungsoo is with him, it'll never be a big problem.

 

*

 

It's an invitation for both of them but Sungyeol wanted to curse someone about that. It's just a wedding reception but it’s took place on a yacht. Freaking yacht. People must be hated him because they just invited him to a yacht that also cruising during the party.

A hand that slowly linked fingers with him and hold his hand made Sungyeol going back to reality from the mass panic inside his head.

"It'll going to be okay, it's not in the sea. Just a river."

"But you know that I hate water in large volumes. River, lake, sea.." Sungyeol shivered and looked at Myungsoo's eyes, "And also I hate boats."

Myungsoo smiled when he heard that from Sungyeol, he still hold the later hand and then brought it to his lips, kisses the fingers softly.

"But I'll be there too, remember?"

"But-"

"Are you doubted me that if something happened, I'll do nothing?"

"But-"

"I'll saved you again, Sungyeol."

"I-"

"And it's not just a promise. You have my words and my life to prove that."

"Don't," Sungyeol at least can said that, begged through his eyes to Myungsoo about his words a moment ago.

But Myungsoo smiled, his eyes make a shape like a crescent moon and Sungyeol just can keep silent.

"It'll be okay," he reassured Sungyeol again with his eyes still looks smiling at him.

And Sungyeol suddenly can felt the guilt and the hate now inside his mind. His hate about Myungsoo's eyes that its color now looks darker. It's half his fault. But what can he do without Myungsoo?

"Promise me that you'll stay close and hold my hand during the cruise?"

"It'll become my favorite mission."

Sungyeol punched Myungsoo's arm weakly while the later laughing.

"I promise, my dear Sungyeol. I'll keep you safe there."

 

*

 

It's become his nightmare that his unconscious mind take the cruise as a problem. His mind messed with him until the point he dreamed about Myungsoo left him. His nightmare seems simple but it's his most feared thing. That he just standing at the seaside, can’t move closer to Myungsoo that looking at him without words but slowly the sea dragged him and then drowned him. Leave Sungyeol alone, crying, sobbing hysterically but can’t move closer to the sea. His feet just forbid him to do so while there's a voice inside his mind saying continuously 'Looks at what you already did. He saved you before but you can’t saved him now. You just killed him.'

And Sungyeol woken up with his head on Myungsoo lap and the later called his name repeatedly while leaned to him looked and checked him with worried eyes.

"I almost believed that you can’t make it. That you can’t wake up. Because no matter how hard I called you, tried to wake you up, you just crying and sobbing there. You make me scared."

"I-I'm sorry.." Sungyeol just can said that while Myungsoo hugged him tightly.

"I know what's that about, your nightmare.."

Sungyeol looked down and Myungsoo bring his finger under his chin to make him looked up at him again.

"It's just a nightmare. It won’t happened. You forget about one important thing already."

"About what?" Sungyeol whispered, stared at Myungsoo's brown eyes that now glinted with humor.

"I still can swim," He grinned at him and Sungyeol smiled weakly at him.

Myungsoo hugged him again and hummed, "See, that's why you must not worry about your nightmare. Because it's just a dream after all. In reality, I still can swim back to you."

"I feel stupid right now," Sungyeol murmured.

"Not stupid. You just must overcome the fear. Hmm.."

The last hums made Sungyeol stared at Myungsoo again and then found out that the later also looked at him with a smile.

"I’m thinking about something to help you with that anxiety inside your mind."

"How?"

"First, let we pass through the cruise tomorrow, then I'll show you how."

Sungyeol groaned, remembered about the wedding reception party but he just snuggled closer to Myungsoo, hugged him more tightly while Myungsoo happily hugged him back and whispered words about him to not worry again and again until he fell asleep again.

 

*

 

The party went smoothly. At the first, maybe Sungyeol still have to clenched his fist when he felt the yacht started to move, aware for every little shake and jolt but it's slowly decreased as Myungsoo slowly loosened his fingers and hold it tightly. Making sure to caress his back whenever he cringed and sneaked in a kiss or two between it. And when finally it's already over, Myungsoo still hold his hand and lead him when they walk out from the yacht. And even when they're in the car, Myungsoo still hold his hand while driving.

"Thankyou," Sungyeol found himself whispered those words to the man beside him.

Myungsoo smiled, "I think I have a new method to help you overcome the trauma and the insecurities."

Sungyeol looked at him curiously, "You still didn’t tell me about how you can help me."

"Later, I still thinking about it."

Sungyeol smiled a little and looked at their hands that still intertwined, he can felt there's assuring words just from a hand that holding him. Hold him there to not broke apart, kept him save from his trauma, his own anchor even on the land.

 

*

 

"Are you crazy?" Sungyeol found himself whispered, his mind in a mess and Myungsoo standing in front of him with a careful expression.

"I think, this will be the best. Just like an exposure therapy, you know. Heal the phobia by facing the phobia itself."

"And by bringing me to a beach? When you know I have nightmares about being here?"

"Hey, look at me. Remember what I said? I still can save you."

"I can’t swim, Myungsoo. You know that," Sungyeol almost whined.

"I know, but I can. And I'm not going in alone," He said with a smile, made Sungyeol's eyes widen.

"No. You won’t do that."

"It's okay, Sungyeol. I'll be with you."

"No!" Sungyeol shrieked, ready to run, his panicked mind controlled him fully right now. There's some memories flashes in the back of his eyes. Memories when he's 7. A storm. Wind blew hard and seems cut his skin. Cold icy water on his surroundings, filling his lungs whenever he tried to breathe.

"Take a breath, Yeol." He can felt Myungsoo hugged him, his whisper seems not so real while he still can felt that he still drowned. But then the hug seems real and when Sungyeol blinked, he can see Myungsoo's eyes.

"I'm scared," he almost cried there.

"I know. But I won’t let you drowned again."

"I don’t know.. I-"

"Believe me, Sungyeol."

He stared again to the brown eyes that always looking at him, worried about him, calmed him down, reassured him whenever he felt insecure, the two eyes that he know won’t betrayed him. Because its owner already gave his life to Sungyeol.

And seems like Myungsoo can felt that he's slowly calming down. Sungyeol focused on the two eyes while he felt Myungsoo lead him to the sea. The water still feels cold when it touching his skin slowly through his wet clothes.

They're finally on the sea with the water on their waist level when Myungsoo smiling at him, looks pleased enough.

"It's cold," Sungyeol whispered and Myungsoo wrapped his hand to his waist, hugged him closer.

"You believed me, right?"

Sungyeol shivered while hugged Myungsoo more tightly, "Always."

And after he answered that, Myungsoo kissed him. Sungyeol closed his eyes, and let Myungsoo slowly pulled him under the water. His panicked mind kicked him almost instantly, making him opened his eyes and struggled. Kicking around blindly and trying to breathe. Someone hold him and Sungyeol found himself stared at Myungsoo, and while he stared, Myungsoo hugged him back and leaned in. Kissed him under water and now to share the oxygen.

 

*

 

Sungyeol coughed and gasped while they finally back to the surface, Myungsoo still hold him tightly and helped him to stay still. Sungyeol saw Myungsoo stared at something on the distance and made Sungyeol turned his head too. To catch something that like a pair of yellowish eyes and wet dark green hair. It's just a split second before it’s disappeared again. But Sungyeol already figured it out.

He turned his head again to Myungsoo that now gazed at him.

"He saw you," He stated, and suddenly felt the panic again, now worried about Myungsoo.

"They already know that I'm not a part of them again."

Sungyeol grabbed Myungsoo's arms, his panicked voice still swimming around his mind.

He knew that when he's 7, Myungsoo saw him and saved him. But it's not Myungsoo that now hold him to stay on the water surface. When he's 7, Myungsoo have gold colored hair and have turquoise eyes. He's not a human back then but a sea creature. That's why Myungsoo have difficulties with gravitation and walking, because earth wasn't his first place and he didn’t get used with the two feet at first.

"I belong to you now." He can heard that words and Sungyeol now looked at Myungsoo with his black wet hair and a pair of brown eyes that looks very humane. There's no traces that before this man actually not a human, not even close. But Myungsoo already paid for his decision, throw away his own home, family, and also habitat to become a human, for Sungyeol.

And Sungyeol paid for it too. He paid it with his blood and his life. That after Myungsoo become a human, he rely his own life to Sungyeol. That if Sungyeol died, he will be died too.

"Now, back again to your phobia. I'm planning to go to the beach every weekend for now, until you can swim around without panicked."

"You'll just going to kill me if you did that."

Myungsoo smiled, with an arrogant expression plastered on his face, "Don’t worry, it won’t happened. You have my words and my life."

"Can we get out now? I felt like I'll become a wrinkled bean if we stay like this."

Myungsoo chuckled but began to swim back to the beach while still holding Sungyeol tightly.

"You still looks like a seal," Sungyeol commented, while he glanced to Myungsoo's feet while the later swam them back.

He heard laughter and Sungyeol tried his best to push down the urge to throw up, his aquaphobia still kicked inside him.

"Well, just wait until I can heal your phobia and we can looks like seal together."

Sungyeol smiled and when their feet finally back touching the sand, Sungyeol can’t help but glanced back to the sea behind them. But there's no sign like there's not only the sea animals that lived down there.

When he turned his eyes and met with Myungsoo's eyes that smiled at him, he heard his voice that saying, "You're my anchor here. So don’t worry about where I must belong again. The place where you’re in is also where I must to be in."

"Even if the place where I'm in is a jail for your freedom?" Sungyeol can’t help but glanced at the two feet that Myungsoo had now.

"I believed that it's up to someone's mind what he felt it's a jail or not. And even if it's a jail, I can learn what freedom it’s like inside the jail. Even in the worst place, I believe when you changed your point of view, you can find something that beautiful."

"Even when gravitation hates you?"

Myungsoo laughed and kissed Sungyeol, wrapped his arms around his body to warm him up, "Gravitation loves me. That’s why it kept pulled me down. And don’t worry, there's gravitation or not, I still be there for you. So, next weekend?"

Sunngyeol glanced back to the sea and then looked at Myungsoo, he shivered a little again, but then nodded slowly.

"As long as you're going to be here too."

Myungsoo rolled his eyes but then laughed, pulled him to where their car was parked, so they can dry them self.

Sungyeol glanced once again to the sea and smiled, there're words that Myungsoo didn’t said it out loud earlier when he just laughed, but Sungyeol know that he promised to be there with him. Even until the day where the two of them can’t even care about walking, breathing or drowning.

 

END