Chapter 1: Taemin's Boring Existence

Home

"BEEP, BEEP, BEEP," Taemin's alarm clock rang loudly. He sighed, shifting out of his warm bed. As he looked out the window he sighed again, noticing the sky was still dark. "Six o'clock is too damn early," Taemin thought to himself, throwing on a robe and slowly walking to the kitchen.

After he ate his daily breakfast of peanut butter toast, he put on jeans and hoodie. Taemin wore basically the same thing every day, but he gave zero s. Just as he walked out of his front door, his carpool pulled up in front, and he got in the backseat. 

The other kids in the car were laughing and talking, discussing school work and whatever gossip was going around in their grades. Taemin just looked out of the window, the houses passing by one by one. The buildings were so similar they could be all the same, almost like the car wasn't moving at all. The four other kids in the car were all friends. Taemin didn't know them, but the driver's mom was friends with his mom, so she hooked him up with a ride.

Finally, the five teenagers arrived at school. Taemin quickly got out of the car, muttering "thank you" to the senior in the front and walking up the stairs to his locker. He waved to his friends Jongin as he pulled out his books. Jongin walked over to him, one earbud in, and leaned on the locker next to Taemin's.

"What's up?" Taemin asked curiously.

"85 days," Jongin answered excitedly. When Taemin looked confused, Jongin sighed.

"85 day before summer starts, duh," Jongin clarified, jokingly annoyed. Taemin rolled his eyes.

"We all know that the only reason you care about school ending is because you want to go back to camp blue and see your stupid boyfriend," Taemin said.

"Excuse me, first of all it's camp purple and second of all he's not stupid. Kyungsoo is cute, tiny, he likes one direction, and he thinks my abs are y. What more could you ask for?" Jongin responded. Suddenly, a random guy gestured to the locker Jongin was leaning on. Jongin moved off of it, standing on the other side of Taemin.

"What are you listening to?" Taemin asked.

"One Direction of course," Jongin answered, grabbing the dangling earbud and handing it to Taemin. The school bell rang just then, and Jongin walked off to his next class.

"Bye Taemin," Jongin yelled across the hall. Taemin waved back and walked down the stairs to his first class.

~~~~~~~~~~

"Whoever said that high school would be better than middle school was a complete idiot," Taemin thought as he ran around the track. His school was super broke, so they had weird gravel and astroturf instead of a track and football field. Taemin sighed and started panting, already tired after only half of a lap. "Being 14 . You're still a teenager and stuff, and you have to do all the stupid teenager-y things, but no one takes you seriously yet." Taemin thought. Suddenly, his P.E teacher blew the whistle, and he jogged over to her.

~~~~~~~~~~

During lunch, Taemin and Jongin ate their lunch, sitting in front of Taemin's locker.

"Pay attention to me," Taemin whined, leaning on Jongin and peering at his phone.

"Get off," Jongin muttered, pushing Taemin off of himself. The two boys sat in silence for a few minutes, Jongin texting his boyfriend and Taemin eating his lunch.

"Why doesn't anything ever happen," Taemin asked Jongin. Jongin shook his head. Taemin sighed and turned back to his food.

"We really have no reason to be so dissatisfied, but like, everything's just so bleh," Jongin spoke, and sighed. "I really miss Kyungsoo," he said.

"Like, I'm such a sunshine-y person, but high school killed me," Taemin said.

"Yeah," Jongin quietly murmured, and returned to his phone. Taemin rested his head against his locker and pulled out his ipod.

~~~~~~~~~~

At the end of the school day, Taemin hopped back into his carpool. The four older kids talked, and Taemin stared out the window. They reached his house. He grabbed some cookies from his cupboard, said hi to his mom, and went up to his room. He did his homework, showered, and watched TV before going to bed.

"When will this end?" Taemin thought before drifting off into a restless sleep.