Final

Home

“I hate you.”

 

“I know”

 

“Why would you do this to me?”

 

Baekhyun rolls his eyes. “You’re being dramatic, Soo. It’s not that big of a deal.”

 

“You left me to live with your idiotic boyfriend. How am I supposed to pay the rent now?” Kyungsoo frowns, stirring his coffee absently. “I can’t move either, it’d be too complicated but I can’t afford it on my own.”

 

Baekhyun ignores the insult towards Chanyeol. “You didn’t think I’d just leave you in the lurch like that, did you?” he grins.

 

“What?” Before Kyungsoo can question him further, Chanyeol slides in next to Baekhyun and plants a kiss on his cheek.

 

“Sorry I’m late Baek,” he says, a bit out of breath. “Traffic was a nightmare.” He turns his grin in Kyungsoo. “Hey Kyungsoo! How are you?”

 

“Could be better.”

 

“He’s just mad because I’m moving in with you,” explains Baekhyun, pushing a cup of coffee towards Chanyeol that he had ordered for him.

 

“But I thought you said you’ll get Jongin.” Chanyeol accepts the drink happily, slurping loudly.

 

Kyungsoo raises an eyebrow. “Jongin?”

 

“That’s what I was saying before,” Baekhyun begins, taking a sip of his own drink. “I told him I could hook him up with another roommate. Funnily enough, the same thing happened to him-his roommate moved out to be with his boyfriend.” Baekhyun wrinkles his nose.

 

“How do you know him?”

 

“Friend of a friend.” Baekhyun waves that away. “He’s younger than us, still a student.”

 

“He’s an amazing dancer,” gushes Chanyeol, eyes lighting up. “And he’s adorable, like a puppy! Really cute too but when he dances, it’s really hot! He likes dogs too, and-”

 

As Chanyeol continues to babble on happily, Kyungsoo turns his gaze on Baekhyun. “I’d be careful Baek, it sounds like he’s in love with this kid,” he comments dryly.

 

“Oh, he’s not,” Baekhyun says airly, putting his hand on top of his boyfriend’s. “He wouldn’t dare.”

 

Kyungsoo sighs. “Okay, when can I meet him?”


The doorbell rings and Kyungsoo stumbles out of the kitchen, wiping his hands on his apron as he opens the door.

“Hello, I’m sorry to interrupt but are you Kyungsoo-Do Kyungsoo?”

 

“Yes.” Kyungsoo appraises the young man before him. He’s slightly tan-more so than a normal Korean-with dark hair shoved carelessly off his forehead. Brown eyes peek out shyly despite the air of confidence seeming to surround him.

 

“How can I help you?” asks Kyungsoo politely. This guy seems young.

 

“I’m Kim Jongin, Baek hyung’s friend? He said you needed a roommate and I needed a roommate, so...yeah.” Jongin ruffles his hair awkwardly. Kyungsoo then notices a duffle bag resting by Jongin’s feet.

 

“I don’t want to intrude,” stammers Jongin and it’s cute in a way and Kyungsoo tucks that away for future reference. “It’s fine if it’s not okay but he said-”

 

“No, it’s okay.” Kyungsoo opens the door wider. “He’s right. Yeah, come on in.” Jongin smiles gratefully and Kyungsoo juts his chin at the boy. “Is that all you have?”

 

“No, I just can from practice. I’m still in school, but I have a job! I’ll be able to pay my half and-”

 

“It’s fine. Let me show you around.” Kyungsoo slips off his apron before giving Jongin a tour of the small apartment. A kitchen, one bathroom, two tiny bedrooms and a living room that doubles as an office.

 

“You don’t mind sharing a bathroom, do you?” Kyungsoo checks.

 

Jongin shakes his head. “It’s fine.”

 

“Rent’s due on the last Thursday of every month. You can have friends over or whatever but just don’t mess up the kitchen. My hours are usually shaky, so I never know when I’ll be home. Give me your phone.”

 

Jongin blinks. “What?”

 

“For your number. We need to contact each other, right?”

 

“Oh. Right.” Jongin flushes and searches his pockets before handing the other his phone. “Um...Kyungsoo-ssi?”

 

“Yes?”

 

“I already got the key from Baek hyung. So I was gonna get more of my stuff...is that okay?”

 

Kyungsoo blinks. Is he asking permission? “Yeah, it's fine. It’s your home too now. Do you need any help?”

 

“No, it’s okay,” replies Jongin hurriedly, making the elder raise his eyebrows.

 

“You sure?”

 

“Yeah. Kyungsoo-ssi just looks so fragile.”


After an awkward first night together, the two start to fall into somewhat of a routine.

 

Kyungsoo wakes up first and cooks breakfast for the both of them as Jongin gets ready for classes. After eating, Jongin takes the laundry down to the washer before leaving, a Kyungsoo-packed lunch in his hands.

 

Times are subject to change but usually Kyungsoo’s home first, starting to cook dinner when Jongin gets back from dance practice. He starts his homework, Kyungsoo finishes up whatever he didn’t while at work, and they go from there.


“Hyung,” Kyungsoo says one day, a week and a half after Jongin had moved in.

 

Jongin blinks. “What?”

 

“Call me hyung. I’m not that much older than you and it feels awkward saying something else.”

 

Jongin grins and it’s such a beautiful smile that Kyungsoo feels almost blinded by it. Why doesn’t this kid smile more often?

 

“Okay hyung!”

 

Kyungsoo can’t quite put his finger on it.


“Yah! What are you doing?” Kyungsoo clutches at his chest, gaping at the sight before him.

 

Jongin is coming out of the bathroom with only a towel wrapped around his waist, hair still dripping wet. Droplets of water cling to his abs and if Kyungsoo’s weren’t so shocked, he might be drooling.

 

“Getting my clothes?” answers Jongin hesitantly, a line of confusion between his eyebrows. It’s only been a month and a half or so since he’s moved in but Kyungsoo didn’t think he’d be that comfortable already to walk around like that.

 

“Half-! Like that?”

 

“Is it okay?” Am I bothering you?” Jongin is suddenly worried he had angered his hyung. “I’m sorry. I thought it would be alright...I mean, it’s not like I-I can leave if you want hyung, I just thought-”

 

“It’s fine,” Kyungsoo cuts him off, taking deep breaths. Trails of water are running down Jongin’s chest slowly, dripping into the curve of his collarbones and abdominal muscles and it’s just so distracting. “It’s fine. Just-just warn me next time, okay?”

 

Jongin nods happily. “Okay hyung! I’d like to ask though-does it bother you?”

 

Kyungsoo ignores the suggestiveness in his voice, knowing the other is probably unaware he’s even doing it, and pastes on a frown. “Of course it does. You have a much better body than me, it’s a blow to my self-esteem.”

 

He turns around to go back to the kitchen and once he’s gone, Jongin scowls. “Well I wouldn’t know that because you never let me see.”


“Jongin?” Kyungsoo knocks softly on the door, cracking it open when there’s a sound from inside.    

 

Jongin’s spread out on the bed, surrounded by books and chewing on the end of his pencil. He hasn’t changed out of his clothes from dance practice yet.

 

“What’s up hyung?” Jongin stifles a yawn. “Am I being too loud? Did I wake you?”

 

“No, I haven’t gone to bed yet. But shouldn’t you?” Kyungsoo takes a glance at the clock. “It’s almost one.”

 

“I know but I have to finish this.”

 

“I think sleep’s more important.” The elder notices in the faint light of the hallway, the dark bags under Jongin’s eyes. “You didn’t eat much at dinner either.”

 

“It was good though!” Jongin says hastily. “Really good. As usual. But I’m just tired. I have a lot of work to do. Don’t worry about me hyung.”

 

He smiles but Kyungsoo crosses his arms, coming to sit down on the bed next to the younger. “I’ll keep you company.”

 

“Really hyung?”

 

“Just for a little bit.” Kyungsoo looks around the room, pretending not to notice Jongin’s grateful glance before he goes back to working.

 

For a little bit, the only sound is the scratching of the pen and the ruffling of paper. But that soon stops.

 

Kyungsoo looks down to see Jongin has fallen asleep in the middle of homework, his face resting on a textbook.

 

Smiling gently, he moves the books as quietly as he can, placing them on the floor and slipping a pillow under Jongin’s head instead. The younger shifts a little into a more comfortable position and it’s just so cute that Kyungsoo can’t resist.

 

Pulling the blanket over Jongin, he leans down and kisses his forehead lightly. This is probably the only time he’ll ever be able to do something like that and although that kind of hurts, he pushes the thought away.

 

He stands up and turns the lights off, keeping the sight of Jongin cozily curled up in a blanket in his mind as long as possible.


“You’re certainly early,” Seokjin comments when Jongin comes bounding into his office.

 

Shrugging one shoulder, Jongin drops his backpack and starts to fish through it. “I needed to get up early to talk to seongsaengnim before class and I thought I’d just give you rent now.”

 

“Is Kyungsoo-ssi up yet?” the elder asks as Jongin stands up, envelope in his hand.

 

“Not yet. I’ll just have breakfast on the way.” Jongin holds the envelope out, letting Seokjin take it. “It’s all there.”

 

“All of it?” Seokjin raises a carefully groomed eyebrow as he opens it, looking through the rolls of bills. “But didn’t-”

 

“I’ll see you next time hyungnim!” Jongin waves cheerily, slinging his backpack on and sailing out of the office.

 

Seokjin stares at the swinging door, shakes his hand, and laughs a little. “That kid…”


“Hey Seokjin-ssi,” Kyungsoo says, finishing tying the knot on his tie. The other looks up from a stack of paperwork.

 

“Oh, hello Kyungsoo-ssi. How are you?”

 

“Well enough. And you?”

 

Seokjin smiles dryly, pushing the stack away. “Okay. Namjoon’s gone on a trip so it’s a little boring.”

 

“That’s a shame.” Kyungsoo digs through his pocket, pulling out a neatly folded envelope. “Here you go.”

 

Seokjin looks at it. “What is it?”

 

“Uh, the rent?”

 

“Why?”

 

“Why?” Kyungsoo’s confused. “It’s due today. So I’m paying my share.”

 

“You don’t need to.” Seokjin waves it away. “It’s already paid for this month.”

 

“Really?” Kyungsoo quirks an eyebrow. “What do you mean?”

 

Seokjin shrugs. “Jongin came in here earlier and paid the whole rent.”

 

“What?”

 

“You didn’t know? He said you were still asleep. I thought you had given it to him before.”

 

Kyungsoo shakes his head. “No, I didn’t.” He bids Seokjin goodbye thoughtfully, leaving him looking after him in concern.

 

Kyungsoo finds himself smiling as he leaves the building and resolves to cook Jongin’s favorite dinner tonight.


“You did this on purpose, didn’t you?”

 

Baekhyun slouches against the counter. “I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

 

“You do.” Kyungsoo taps the coffee maker impatiently. Ever since he’s worked here, it has been very inconsistent-makes coffee in two seconds one day, twenty minutes the next.

 

“I really don’t.”

 

“You set me up with Jongin, didn’t you?”

 

Baekhyun breaks into a grin. “Oh, that’s what you mean?”

 

Rolling his eyes, Kyungsoo nods. “Yeah, that.”

 

“I didn’t do it intentionally. I just thought you two are a good match for each other and it just so happens that you both needed a roommate.”

 

“Uh huh.”

 

“But are you?”

 

Kyungsoo blinks. “Are we what?”

 

“You know.” Baekhyun waves a hand. “A good match? Together? I was right, wasn’t I?”

 

Sighing, the smaller runs a hand through his hair. “He’s really attractive...and very nice. A good dancer too and he smiles a lot. But I don’t know, Baek.” He looks at his friend, waiting for an answer.

 

“But don’t know about what?”

 

“I do like him but I think he’s still a little scared of me.”

 

Baekhyun shrugs. “Understandable.” The other glares at him and he holds up his hands. “He’s not scared of you, Soo. He’s just shy. And since you’re his hyung, he wants to impress you.”

 

“Was he like that with you?”

 

“A little bit. But he was nowhere near as...um...caring, I’d say.”

 

“Caring?”

 

“He cares about what you think. He likes you, Soo, but he’s just shy. Give him some more time.”

 

“You really think so?” Kyungsoo allows himself to hope, if just a little. Maybe he does have a chance after all.

 

“Of course.”

 

The coffee maker beeps and Baekhyun jumps from the counter, grinning widely. “It’s about time.”


Kyungsoo plans to confess latter that night.

 

He hears the door open and, heart sputtering, calls out a greeting.

 

“Hey hyung!” Jongin tramps into the kitchen but when Kyungsoo turns around, he sees another boy following behind his roommate, a blond wearing a frown. He’s seen him around with Jongin sometimes, at dance practice or school, but he’s never met him.

 

“This is Sehun,” introduces Jongin. “Sehun, Kyungsoo hyung. Hyung, he’s my boyfriend.”

 

Kyungsoo’s heart falls.

 

He puts on a smile though, sticking out a hand to shake Sehun’s, maybe gripping a little more tightly than he should. Eyes raking over the other, Kyungsoo tries to be as intimidating as possible. Sehun may be taller but Kyungsoo gets told he’s Satan quite frequently.

 

“Nice to meet you,” Sehun says and Kyungsoo bites the inside of his cheek to keep from gagging at his words.

 

“You too.”    

 

“You can put your stuff in my room,” Jongin tells him and Sehun nods, leaving the kitchen silently. Kyungsoo turns back to the stove.

 

“You didn’t tell me we were having people over,” he says rather stiffly and Jongin shuffles his feet.

 

“I’m sorry hyung but it was a last-minute thing and I wanted you to meet him properly.” Kyungsoo imagines Jongin looks like a puppy. “You don’t have to cook for us! If it’s too much trouble-I mean, we can-”

 

“Don’t worry about it,” Kyungsoo interrupts, his fist clenching around the spoon. “I was going to meet some friends later anyway.” It’s a lie. “So I’ll cook enough for both of you.”

 

“Really?” Jongin sounds so hopeful and happy that Kyungsoo just can’t refuse him.      

 

 “Yeah. It’ll be fine.”

 

“Thanks hyung!” Jongin hugs him from behind suddenly and although that’s what Kyungsoo wants, he wishes it were under different circumstances.


Kyungsoo stares at the phone. He doesn’t know if he should call or not. He probably should but he really, really doesn’t want to. His pride doesn’t need anymore blows.

 

Pressing the buttons in finality, he raises it to his ear as he bites his lip, wanting and not wanting the other to pick up.

 

It rings and rings and just when he thinks the other won’t pick up, he answers.

 

“Yoboseyo?”

 

Kyungsoo freezes, pushing down acid in his stomach. “Sehun-ssi? This is Kyungsoo.”

 

“Oh, Kyungsoo-ssi.” Sehun sounds disinterested. “Can I help you with something?”

 

Brat is at the tip of Kyungsoo’s tongue but he reels it back. “Has Jongin left yet?”

 

“Yeah, like a while ago.”

 

“Oh.” Kyungsoo’s worries multiply. Practice ended almost an hour ago. Jongin should be home by now.

 

“Why?”

 

“No reason. I mean, he’s not home yet. I guess he’s just running late.” He doesn’t want to explain himself to Sehun.

 

Sehun sounds more alert now. “Really? He’s not home yet? Have you called him?”

 

“He won’t pick up,” answers Kyungsoo, frustrated. “I mean, I’m sure he’s fine, I just...never min. Thanks Sehun-ssi.”

 

“Let me know when he does get home,” Sehun says quickly, even though he still sounds kind of bored. “Just now that you told me about it and everything.”    

 

Kyungsoo frowns but tries to sound gracious. “Yeah. I guess. Goodbye.” Sehun hangs up as well and Kyungsoo stares at the phone in worry.

 

Jongin’s a grown man. He can take care of himself. Except, not really.

 

He’s really shy and can get distracted easily, especially if there are dogs involved. Yeah, it’s just dogs. He probably saw one and started to talk to the owner. Or maybe there’s bad traffic and the bus is caught in it.

 

Kyungsoo tries to convince himself of those things, that they’re the reason Jongin’s late. But it doesn’t stop him from dialing his roommate one more time.

 

To his relief, Jongin picks up a few seconds later. “Yoboseyo?”

 

“Jongin, where are you?”

 

“Close.” But there’s something off about his voice. It quivers more than usual and it almost sounds like he’s holding back tears.

 

“Jongin, are you okay?”

 

“Yes.”

 

Kyungsoo waits.

 

“No.”

 

“Where are you? I’ll come get you.” Kyungsoo’s already putting his shoes on and getting his coat, deciding to get Jongin’s as well just in case.

 

Jongin tells him the street name in a shaky voice and Kyungsoo promises to be there as quickly as he can.

 

Fifteen minutes later, he reaches his destination-an alley between two apartment buildings, quite a ways from the dance studio.

 

Hesitantly peering into the dark space, he pulls the coat tighter around him. “Jongin? Jongin?”

 

“I’m here, hyung.”

 

Kyungsoo turns and sees Jongin huddled against the wall, holding his knees to his chest.

 

“Oh Jongin, what happened?” Kyungsoo crouches down next to the younger, dropping his coat around his shoulders.

 

Jongin doesn’t answer; instead, he snuggles closer to the elder and buries his face in his chest.

 

Kyungsoo freezes. They’re never been this close before and although he doesn’t hate it, he didn’t know they were even good enough friends to be like this.

 

He can feel Jongin’s warmth through the layers of clothes, feel him breathing close to his heartbeat. And...it’s nice.

 

Jongin’s shoulders start to shake and Kyungsoo realizes it’s not from the cold, but from crying. Jongin’s crying.

 

“Oh Jongin, Jongin, don’t cry, don’t cry,” he says, a little awkwardly. Their relationship seems to have changed in the last few minutes and though he’s not complaining, he doesn’t know what caused this shift.

 

Jongin just turns his head to muffle his cries. Not knowing exactly what to do, Kyungsoo puts his arms around the younger, letting him curl into his side like a puppy.

 

They stay like that a little bit, crouched on the cold ground with a breeze blowing by them. Jongin’s sniffles have slowed down enough that Kyungsoo thinks  they can get home.

 

“Let’s go home now, okay?” he says softly, patting his roommates hair gently. “You’ll feel better once we’re at home.”

 

Jongin nods, standing up when the elder does and lets Kyungsoo wipe at his face for any stray tears.

 

“I’m sorry hyung.”

 

“Hm?” Kyungsoo stares at him and Jongin bites his lip.

 

“I’m sorry. For this. And everything. And I...sorry,” he mumbles as Kyungsoo thumbs a tear away from under his eye.

 

“Don’t apologize.”

 

“But I...I made you come out here and I cried on you.” Jongin chuckles weakly, seeing a small wet spot on his hyung’s shirt. “I’ve probably made things awkward hyung and I-I’m sorry.”

 

He did make it awkward, Kyungsoo has to admit, but not in a bad way. In fact, Kyungsoo’s a little glad this happened because it could mean they’re closer now.

 

“Don’t apologize Jongin,” he repeats, smiling gently. In a sudden spurt of courage, he presses a tender kiss to Jongin’s forehead.


He pauses right before he rounds the corner, having heard familiar voices and peeks around the wall. He spots Jongin and another boy in the doorway and immediately recognizes him-it’s Sehun, Jongin’s boyfriend.

 

The thought leaves a bitter taste in his mouth.

 

He doesn’t know why.

 

But it does give him incentive to listen in on their conversation. If they didn’t want anyone to hear, they wouldn’t have been talking in the hallway in the first place.

 

“I said we could work it out,” Jongin says, voice pleading and it hurts Kyungsoo’s heart.

 

“We can’t. I don’t think we can go on like this,” replies Sehun, posture tight and tense.

 

“Why? Is this because of Luhan?” accuses Jongin and Sehun’s face darkens.

 

“No.” But his answer is too hurried and Jongin knows it’s true.

 

“You’re in love with him now...aren’t you?”

 

Sehun looks at the floor. He doesn’t answer but that’s enough.

 

Jongin wipes at his face with his sleeve. “I still want...I mean, I’d still like...if you really like him-”

 

“It’s because you don’t love me anymore!”

 

“What?” Jongin stares at him in shock, tears shining in his eyes and all Kyungsoo wants to do is wipe them away.

 

“I can tell. You don’t love me anymore. Something’s changed."

 

“But-”

 

“It’s him, isn’t it?”    

 

Jongin falls silent, looking down at his twisting hands. “I still love you...but I think I might-might like him too. I’m sorry Sehun, I’m so sorry-”

 

“It’s okay.” Sehun manages a sort of smile. “I could just tell. And I think...I think it’s for the better.”

 

“Really? You’re not mad?” Jongin looks at the other hopefully.

 

“No. You were a terrible kisser anyway.”

 

“Yah! I’m an expert, thank you very much. Not my fault you’re inexperienced.”

 

“I’m not!”

 

“You are too!”

 

“Am not!”

 

“Am too!”

 

“But Jongin…” Sehun shifts from side to side. “We’ll still be friends...right?”

 

Jongin nods, a smile on his tear-stained face. “Of course. I think we’ll be better off that way anyway.”

 

Sehun nods in relief.

 

“Just make sure to treat Luhan specially, okay?”

 

“I will. You too.”

 

They share a smile and Kyungsoo leans back against the wall, heart pounding. And he doesn’t know why but he feels a little happy they’re no longer together. He

can’t bring himself to feel bad about it but he’s curious about ‘him’ that Sehun had mentioned.

 

Jongin’s in love with someone else? Just the thought makes him deflate a little. But he shouldn’t be surprised.

 

Jongin is popular with girls and guys alike. He’s almost never without a partner and Kyungsoo can go as far to say he resents it.

 

He can’t quite admit he’s attracted to his roommate but everytime he sees him with someone else, it hurts a little bit more.


“Do you like anyone, hyung?”

 

Jongin’s innocent question almost makes Kyungsoo choke on his tea. Wiping his mouth, he looks at his younger roommate who’s lying on the living room floor, on his stomach, flipping idly through his textbook.

 

“Why do you ask?” Kyungsoo tries to regain his composure, setting his cup down on the creaky coffee table.

 

Jongin shrugs. “Just wondering.” He scribbles something down in his notebook. “Just, since you never have anyone over. I didn’t know if you kept them a secret or something.”

 

“No, I wouldn’t-I mean, I don’t-” Kyungsoo fumbles for the right words.

 

“Is it a girlfriend? Or a boyfriend? Noticing Kyungsoo’s deer-in-the-headlights expression, Jongin mistakes it for fear. “It’s fine if you swing that way hyung, or any way. You already know I do, and I just thought-”

 

“You’re right,” Kyungsoo croaks out, trying to not give anything away.

 

“I found out my best friend was in the weirdest way. He-”

 

“When am I going to meet this best friend?” asks Kyungsoo, desperate to change the subject. But he is curious, so it’s not a total lie.

 

Jongin waves a hand. “Soon. He’s just busy settling in with Minho hyung. I told him to come over sometimes but hyung can be forgetful sometimes. I’ll probably have to call him again.”

 

“I see.” Kyungsoo thinks he’s gotten out of it but the Jongin looks up at him with puppy eyes.

 

“But do you hyung? You know, have someone?”

 

His heart thuds in his chest and his mind goes blank. “Do you?” he blurts out instead.

 

Jongin hums, turning a page. “Yeah. But I don’t think it’s mutual.”

 

“Why?” Kyungsoo’s confused. Who wouldn’t like being Jongin’s crush? He’s envious of this person; they don’t know how lucky they are to have his affections.

 

The younger shrugs, not meeting Kyungsoo’s eyes. “I just don’t think they like me like that. And for good reason too.” He gives a dry laugh. “They could really get whoever they want.”

 

“Who is it?
 

“They’re really cute,” the younger continues, almost dreamily. “And very kind. But they can sometimes be scary if they get mad.”

 

Kyungsoo frowns at how lovingly the other speaks of this person. Sounds like a real dream.”

 

“They are,” sighs Jongin happily, but then he stiffens. “Not that it matters. They’ll never notice me anyway.”

 

“I’m sure that’s not true,” Kyungsoo says encouragingly. “You’re a great person, Jongin. Anyone would be lucky to have you love them.”

 

“Really hyung?”

 

The elder nods. “Of course. You’re sweet and caring, although you can be sort of clingy at times.” Jongin makes a face. “But you’re also very loving and that’s a good trait.”

 

“You think so hyung?” Jongin’s gazing at him hopefully and all Kyungsoo wants to do is kiss him right then and there.

 

But of course he doesn’t and merely smiles and nods. “Of course Jongin. I know so.”

 

Jongin seems to think for a moment before getting up and coming to sit next to the elder on the couch. He looks Kyungsoo straight in the eyes but his hands are a twisting mess.

 

“Hyung...you like me, right?”

 

Kyungsoo’s confused. “Of course.”

 

“No, I mean...I like you too.”

 

“That’s good.” Kyungsoo hopes this is where he thinks it’s going.

 

“No hyung, no, I mean-I mean I like you, like you,” Jongin stutters out, his face coloring. “It was you who I was talking about because I like you.”

 

Kyungsoo doesn’t know who first initiated it but suddenly they’re kissing, his hands tangled in Jongin’s hair and his lips soft under his own and he didn’t realize that Jongin tastes even sweeter than he looks and it’s just so amazing.

 

Kyungsoo breaks away first and Jongin almost whines at the halt, his face flushed prettily and Kyungsoo has the satisfaction of knowing he’s the one to make Jongin feel that way.

 

“You know Jongin,” he says, a little breathlessly “I like like you too.”


“Hyung!”

 

Kyungsoo’s barely opened the door before Jongin’s barreled past him, almost tackling the smaller of the males in front of them.

 

“Jonginnie!” squeals the boy Jongin is currently hugging. He’s only slightly taller, with light brown hair and a young-looking face.

 

They hug for a few minutes longer before Jongin turns to Kyungsoo, still standing awkwardly in the door.

 

“Hyung, this is Taemin and Minho hyung. Guys, this is Kyungsoo hyung.”

 

“Oh this is who you've been gushing over,” coos Taemin, patting Kyungsoo’s cheeks. “Jongin talks so much about you. I mean, you should hear him absolutely gushing-”

 

“Tae,” whines Jongin, his cheeks turning red but Kyungsoo just laughs, stepping inside to let them in.

 

“It’s nice to meet you both,” he says, shutting the door behind them as they take their shoes off. “Sorry if it’s a mess, I was at work-”

 

“That’s fine,” Minho waves a hand. “Our place is pretty messy too, only ‘cause Minnie won’t pick up his clothes.”

 

Taemin pouts and Jongin turns to him. “Still? I thought you were trying to work on that.”

 

“I did try,” protests Taemin. “It’s hard to break a habit Jongin, you know that. Anyway, are you still dancing at the studio? Hyukjae hyung asked me about you last time I went, said it’s been awhile since you came.”

 

“Oh yeah.” Jongin scratches the back of his neck. “I’ve just been really busy with school and stuff. I got more hours too, so there’s that…” Him and Taemin go to the living room, still conversing excitedly and leaving the other two in the tiny hallway.

 

“Can I get you anything?” says Kyungsoo, not wanting to be rude. “Or Taemin?”

 

“Water’s fine,” answers Minho, following Kyungsoo to the small kitchen and leaning against the old fridge. “Thank you. So I heard you’re a cook.”

 

“I do make most of the meals in this house, yes,” replies Kyungsoo, rummaging around for two glasses. “Did Jongin tell you?”

 

Minho shrugs. “It’s one of the many things he told Taemin that he in turn told to me. We don’t keep anything from each other.”

 

“I see.” Kyungsoo’s silent for a moment. “Is that why you moved in with him? And left Jongin alone?”

 

“I didn’t leave him alone.”

 

Kyungsoo backpedals. “I’m not accusing you, I just-”

 

“No, it’s fine,” Minho laughs. “I guess in a way I did, but then he found you. And you make him happy. So you should be thanking me.”

 

Kyungsoo looks in the direction of the living room, hearing the other two’s muffled voices. He smiles.

“Yeah, I guess I should.”


A/N: That was probably one of the longest one-shots I've ever written. But I liked it all the same and I hope you did too!

And yes, I had to slip in my OTPs (2min and HunHan respectively and even a litttle Namjin).

In case you haven't already, do check out the other stories entred in the Writing Contest.

Don't forget to leave a comment, if it's not too much trouble! :)

Until next time darlings...