Final

Not too bad

Jongin was a sophomore in college, and still adjusting to the new surroundings and the new faces because he was a little slow. Some of his friends made it to the same college as well, but they've lost most of the connection with the others. His friends who he does see some times during the college days were very impressed in him. 

 
In high school, Jongin was probably considered the dumbest spurt. His grade was the lowest in class, and he never understood things unless repeated a million times. Some of the teachers actually thought he was never going to get as far as college, but here Jongin was, a sophomore in college and getting average B's. Very impressive indeed. 
 
Jongin was majoring in teaching and his topic was geography. Not a very interesting objective, but the thought of man kind's history and how things manage to work in real life just amazed him. It was also a topic he really didn't need to use much of his brain to understand. Unlike mathematics or science where it required immense thoughts and multiple paper sheets to sort out those thoughts, such as math problems; you'd have to use different numbers and methods, and in science, doing CEE's (Claim, Evidence, and Explanation) took a lot of paper and writing and thoughts. But, in Geography, he just had to read the text, learn simple words and how they worked, then bam! Done. 
 
Easy as that.
 
Jongin had already signed for student teaching, and he was going back to his old school to teach the Geography students there. It was a little nerve wrecking because he was sure the old teachers were still there. They had to be. Teachers never seem to get older, he'd probably go back and see that Mrs. Wu was still tall and hot. Mrs. Lee was probably still strict, and Mr. Byun probably still wore his eyeliner. The memories of them giving him sad eyes gave Jongin a shudder. They probably never expected Jongin to be in college, that's for sure. 
 
But Jongin was man now, a man with a future of teaching, so he should just it up and be a real man. His scheduled leave was in the next day anyway. 
 
"Hey man, it's totally cool to go back, tell me how Mr. Wu looks like now - oh wait, on second thought, just take a picture and send it to me." Joonmyeon said, his arm wrapped around Jongin's shoulder in a not so supporting way. 
 
"You're completely over yourself hyung, he's too old for you. He's like almost thirty and you're only twenty." Jongin retort back. 
 
"Note the almost Jongin, he's just almost thirty. He's still hot." 
 
Jongin rolled his eyes and push the older away. He wasn't in the mood for this right now, he needed to rest his mind in preparations for the next day. "Not talking to you anymore. I'm going to sleep, see you some other time.." Jongin waved his hand and left the library. 
 
The day came quicker than Jongin had thought, because the ride was so short, the walk to the main office of his old school was to fast, and when the principal handed him back his papers with a smile, ushering him out, Jongin nearly fainted when he rammed against someone smaller. "Ouch!" The smaller yelped, rubbing against his forehead harshly before looking up at Jongin, "Watch where you're going! Am I too small for you to see?" Feisty little thing. 
 
"S-sorry! I really didn't see you!" Jongin didn't understand why he was the one bowing and apologizing when he was the older one. It made no sense whatsoever. 
 
"It's fine. Just watch it next time, geez." And with that, the smaller slid right past Jongin to enter the principals office. Kids in Jongin's days weren't this feisty, the generation sure gave birth to some freaky things. Jongin shuddered before leaving. He still knew the school like the back of his hand, the cracks, and the broken elevator no one should use, the broken fountain on floor three, and the said haunted bathroom at the other side of the school. So many memories.
 
Jongin soon found the class he was selected the teach in and entered. Not many students were there yet, just the few Jongin knew were the grade A students. Don't students who want to learn come first? They always do. 
 
"Oh hello, may I help you?" The beautiful teacher stood up and walked towards Jongin. Jongin didn't remember seeing this teacher when he was a senior, she must've came in when he left for college. "Hello, I'm the student teacher, here to..uh..teach this class, if I'm right?" Jongin said, reaching out to shake her hand. 
 
"Oh right, Principal Choi had said you were coming, welcome! My name is Jung Soojung, it's nice to meet you. I'm very happy you'll be student teaching in this class, all my students are great learners." She said happily, and she seemed honest about it. Jongin was just glad he wasn't put in a class with delinquent kids, they were a pain when he was in high school, it would definitely be more painful to teach them. 
 
"Thank you, I'm sure it'll be fun to teach in here." Jongin did a proper bow. She was an older women, it was good to show respect. The rest came easily. She told Jongin the basic of their learning, what topic they were on and how their day usually went. By the time all the students had filed in, it was already clear to Jongin how he should teach them. 
 
"Good morning class, we have a guest today, he will be student teaching in this class, so he'll soon take over my job. Don't worry, I'll still be in here to watch you all, but it'll mostly be him talking. You can still ask me questions and help, but please, it's better if you ask him. Now, let's let him introduce himself." She gestured to Jongin so he took a few steps up to the front where he could get a good view on the class, "Hello, call me Mr. Kim, and I hope we work well together. My major in college at the moment is teaching Geography, I hope you all l - " the door to the classroom slammed open, cutting Jongin off. When he looked over, it was that feisty kid he bumped in earlier. 
 
"Kyungsoo, where have you been?" Soojung asked, her frown indicating she wasn't very fond with his tardiness. 
 
"Nothing mom, just had to talk to Principal Choi about the fight." The kid, Kyungsoo, replied. He took one glance at Jongin, then rolled his eyes and went to his seat in the back, "and who's that? Didn't know we had a student that old." Jongin felt the blush on his cheeks, he didn't know he looked old, wasn't he always just normal looking for man his age? 
 
"Kyungsoo, don't address me like that in school, it's very inappropriate. And this is our student teacher, he'll be taking over for me for the rest of the year, please treat him properly." She said, sending Jongin a nervous smile. 
 
Out of all the classes, Jongin wished he wasn't placed in this class. Kyungsoo wasn't good news. The kid was already fire on Jongin's clothes the moment they bumped into each other, having to teach him was something Jongin couldn't imagine. 
 
"Sure Mrs. Jung, whatever you ask." Came a reply before his head was against the desk, and his arms covered any areas of his face that would show through. 
 
Jongin looked once more to Soojung for something, like reassurance that the kid wasn't going to kill him before continuing his introduction, "I hope we all get along, thank you." 
 
Jongin later learned Kyungsoo was Soojung's son. He was her eldest son, and her younger son was studying abroad with her husband. She was a divorced woman. Must be tough to teach and have a son as......bad as Kyungsoo. And to have him in her class as well, wow, it's probably very hard. 
 
"I'm so sorry for Kyungsoo, he's been like that ever since I divorced his father. He and his younger brother were close, and when they got separated, he must've blamed me for it. But he doesn't understand that when there isn't love anymore, two can not stay together and pretend to love. He's been acting like the bad kid for a few years now, but he's really just a little lonely inside." Soojung explained as they walk together to the teacher lounge for the free period. 
 
"Oh, so his father is in the states?" Jongin asked, piecing the whole story together. 
 
"Yes, he moved there for his job. Illhoon left with him." She said, smiling sadly. She must miss her younger son as well. Who wouldn't, Kyungsoo seemed like a pain to live with. 
 
"I'm sure he'll get over it soon, he's still so young. He'll probably understand later when he grows up and experiences the aspects of love." Jongin said to encourage her. Stress was no good for a mother who was a teacher. It'll just drag her down once she becomes depressed. 
 
"I hope so." She replied. 
 
Most of the teachers were the same, but there were some new ones like Lee Taemin, the dance teacher, Kim Jonghyun, the weight room teacher, and some others Jongin hadn't learned their names yet. The day went pleasantly well for Jongin's first day, he was only to observe the class, and see which students were his target to pay attention to. Kyungsoo was already on the list. 
 
The next day went a little differently. Jongin showed up for class, but it was empty, except for the small kid in the back with his head on the desk. Jongin's breath hitched when he looked up at Jongin, scowled then went back to laying his head down. Kyungsoo was a tough one. 
 
"Um hey Kyungsoo, how are you today?" Jongin asked as he went closer to the boy. What made him was to befriend the devil? Well, long answer short, it was just Jongin's job to be nice to students in class. He wouldn't want to loose his privilege of teaching. Having a record of hating kids in school was bad toward his career. 
 
"Leave me alone." The younger replied, his voice muffled from under his arms. 
 
"I'm afraid I can't. I'll be teaching you for the rest of the year, so, it's better if we got along, you know?" Jongin said calmly then took the empty seat next to the boy. He may have seemed calm, but damn, his heart was beating so fast it shouldn't be that way. Jongin was so nervous he felt like exploding. Involving with bad kids was never Jongin's thing. 
 
"Well, I don't want to get along with you." The younger said, shifting away slightly when he noticed Jongin had taken a seat next to him. 
 
"Well, sadly, you have to." Maybe Jongin shouldn't have said that. He sounded just as stubborn as Kyungsoo. 
 
"You're annoying, geez, is it too hard to just leave me alone? Why does everyone want to have a piece of me?" He finally sat up and glared at Jongin with his wide eyes. His face was flushed, probably because he was pissed, or another thing. "I don't like you Mr. Kim, you bump into me, and I dislike you right then. Now, leave me alone." 
 
Jongin didn't stay any longer to talk to Kyungsoo. The kid wanted to be left alone, so be it. They still had the rest of the school year to get to know each other anyways. 
 
"The reason Europeans found North America was accidental. They rode their ships hoping to find..." Jongin kept talking about their lesson for the day. Most of the students were taking down notes as Jongin spoke, a few were just staring at him. They've probably got it memorized, who knows. But there was one that made it clear he wasn't memorizing anything, and he wasn't taking notes either. Kyungsoo had his head down for most of the class time. 
 
Jongin was tempted to go straight to the boy and slap a huge textbook on his desk to wake him up but decided not to, because Soojung was surely watching everything. Jongin didn't want to be a bad person in her eyes, and also half because he was nervous. He didn't want anything to do with Kyungsoo to begin with. 
 
At the end of class, kids quickly pack up to leave, except Kyungsoo, who remained asleep on his desk. Soojung had left too for her free period, and Jongin was about to do the same, only he didn't really want to unless he got Kyungsoo up and going. He wasn't about to leave the boy here, unintended to. And as much as it frightened him to go closer to the boy, he needed to get Kyungsoo to his next class. 
 
"Kyungsoo, class is over," Jongin called as he packed his papers, his voice was so, so close to stammering, "get up and go to your next class."
 
"Mom says I can stay in here. I don't need to go anywhere, you're the one who needs to leave." Kyungsoo replied, voice still muffled because he hadn't looked up at all. Jongin wondered how the said boy breathes under his arms. Jongin ignored some of the comments and just payed attention to the important part, "Why? Aren't you s-supposed to go to class, or is she just giving you a free pass for today?" Dammit, he stuttered.
 
 Jongin sighed to calm himself before he went closer to the boy. 
 
"I have my free period next, and since this room is always empty during that time, I stay in here." He said, slowly looking up from his arms to reveal large eyes under bangs staring at Jongin intensely. Those eyes made Jongin even more trapped in, he felt like Kyungsoo knew he was nervous and the boy purpose looked up to intimidate him. What a devil. 
 
"Kids have free periods too? I've always thought you n-needed to fulfill all your grade classes, and it's a-always packed on your schedule, why is yours not?" Jongin said, cursing himself for stuttering two times. He was blushing so hard by now, but made sure to focus on the point. Students weren't supposed to have free periods, they were supposed to go to all classes, and even if they had room, an elective class should fill that in for them. 
 
"I passed all the required class last month. And I'm done with most of the elective classes. I'm actually just retaking this class because mom says she wants to see me. My grade now won't count, since the real one is already submitted." He explained, "I should be going to ninth grade, but mom won't let me. Says I have to stay to schedule and go as my age does. Stupid." 
 
Oh, so feisty boy wasn't as....dumb as Jongin thought. He blushed depended at that. Seeing how Kyungsoo wasn't paying attention at all in class, Jongin was sure he'd be those F students who failed multiple classes. To find out he had passed all his classes was surprising. It made Jongin feel dumb how he struggled so much in high school. 
 
"Oh.." Jongin literally had nothing to say. 
 
"Now leave. You're invading my sleep. You shouldn't even be a teacher considering your dumbness. You explained it all wrong how the Europeans went to North America." Kyungsoo hissed, his words jabbing Jongin straight in the chest. He was a man for crying out loud, kids like Kyungsoo shouldn't be able to hurt his feelings, how was he supposed to be a teacher if he was easily hurt like this? Jongin bit his lip and stared at Kyungsoo. 
 
Wait, was he getting teary? 
 
Jongin ran out of the room before the younger could see his teary eyes. Jongin just wanted to teach the students, make them learn things he did when he was their age, and he wanted to be a good teacher to them, but Kyungsoo's words just stabbed him. Geography was literally the only thing he was good at in high school, and to have a smart student tell him he wasn't good at the said topic hurt. 
 
The next day, Jongin doesn't spare Kyungsoo a glance, instead went on with teaching and ignoring the feeling of eyes on him the whole time. When class was over, Jongin hurried to leave knowing that Kyungsoo wasn't going anywhere. He didn't want to talk to Kyungsoo, not today. Just as he was about to walk out the door, a paper airplane flew past his face, halting him in his steps. "You're twenty, I assume Mr. Kim. Big boys like you shouldn't cry." 
 
Right, Jongin shouldn't have. But he did. Because smart people like Kyungsoo were the people who looked down on Jongin when he was younger and in high school. They were the ones who purposely showed him their grades, proudly giving him those smirks that made him feel even worse than before. A's. They had A's while Jongin stuck to C's and D's all year. He wasn't exactly dumb, just a little slower than the rest, and he was actually proud he tried to learn something and helped those who were in the same boat as him. He didn't give up, and he fought for B's. 
 
Kyungsoo probably doesn't even know of the word trying. Smart people were all like that, they just do it and get the grade they want. "Maybe you shouldn't mourn over your lost Kyungsoo. And stop blaming your mother for something she couldn't keep. Staying together with your father probably would have just resulted to more arguments, and fights. Being apart was the better choice. You need to learn that some things can't be kept together forever, and if you don't stop doing what your doing, you and your mother might end up apart as well." Jongin left without looking back to see tears in Kyungsoo's eyes. 
 
Soojung and Jongin continue to talk about daily lessons, and how the class was progressing to Jongin's teaching. Soojung was a very kind woman, very unlike her son, who always seemed to be in a bad mood and stared at others like he wanted to kill them. Jongin was still a little hurt about what Kyungsoo had said, so he had been restraining himself from speaking with the latter. It was better to not hear the mean words coming out of his mouth. It was better to ignore him. 
 
"Alright, we'll spend the rest of class finishing the worksheet. Please start, and get as much done as possible." Jongin said, and went to sit at the side where he had set his small desk. Soojung was still seated at his main desk and typing away on her laptop, updating the grades. Jongin glanced around the class to watch how they get their textbooks out to help with the questions, except on person of course. 
 
Jongin didn't stare for long, and went to write down his notes for what he should do and say the next day. Jongin was still a little tipsy on this teaching journey. He may seem calm, but inside his heart was always beating quickly. It was like he exploded each day after teaching. And the eyes that stare at the back of his head doesn't stop either. 
 
*
 
"Kyungsoo had shown some effort in eating dinner with me. It's a little awkward, but he still joins unlike our previous times." Soojung said, her smile wider than the rest, "It's good to know we'll be eating together again. I've spent the last few years eating by myself."
 
"Haven't you thought of dating and bringing your dates to dinner?" That question slipped out before Jongin could stop himself. 
 
Soojung blushed, "Oh...Kyungsoo doesn't let me date. Every time I bring someone home, whether just for a chat or simply because I like him, Kyungsoo would make sure he doesn't return." She chuckled at her own memories. 
 
Jongin nodded. Kyungsoo wasn't just feisty toward kids in school, but he was also a little feisty towards his mother's love life, "Do you ever go against him? I mean, he's just your son after all." 
 
"I never, I don't want him to hate me more than he already has. And besides, I haven't found much interest in relationships in a while. I have a son to take care of, a son who is needy and always moody, but he never lets me near him, it's already hard enough, I don't want to deal with a moody date as well." She said then chuckled, her eyes turning into beautiful crescents. 
 
She was very beautiful, men should all want to be a part of her life, and Jongin probably should too, but somehow, he found himself uninterested. He just couldn't see his life with her, not in anyway. Kissing her, hugging her, and telling her he loved her made Jongin feel awkward. She was very beautiful indeed, he had to admit, but she's just not his ideal type. 
 
"That makes sense. Kyungsoo is thirteen right now, am I right?"
 
"Yes, he's young. And dealing with things only older kids deal with." She replied. 
 
*
 
Jongin continued to ignore Kyungsoo, and continues hearing good news from Soojung about her relationship with her son. It was good that they were getting back on good terms, if only Jongin could say the same to his relationship with Kyungsoo. The younger was still glaring at him. Like the usual. 
 
Class ended once more, a month later, and Jongin packed his things to go to the teachers' lounge. He had made some friends, including the dance teacher Taemin. He was a fun guy, very energetic and cute considering his age of twenty nine. His gummy smile never failed to make Jongin's breath hitch. 
 
Kyungsoo still had his head down on his desk, not even looking up when Jongin left. When he got to the teachers lounge, and tried to open the door, it was locked. Jongin tried knocking, but no answer. The room was probably closed for today. Where did the rest of the teachers go? Jongin had some work to get done grading, he needed this time to do so. So much was already going on at home, it would make his life much easier if he finished grading some of the papers here and the rest later. 
 
Jongin sighed and went back the way he came, knowing that one room was open for him to take. He went back to the Geography room. It was quiet when he left, but now, as he crept closer, singing could be heard from the other side of the door. It was not professionally down, but good enough for ears to listen. The singing continued before the voice cracked, then a groan and a second attempt was heard. The voice cracked on the same part again, but this time, instead of a groan, it sounded a desk was being thrown. 
 
Jongin quickly went to unlock the door, knowing he locked it when he left. People could leave, but they can't enter. Once the door was opened, Jongin let his eyes feast upon an angry Kyungsoo, panting as he pulled at his hair. The latter immediately looked up when he heard the squeak of the door, and his eyes widen at the sight of Jongin. 
 
"K-Kyungsoo, are you a-alright?" Jongin hated how his voice stuttered so unmanly like. 
 
There was no answer, the younger just stormed back to his seat to rest on his desk again. An audible sigh left Jongin's lips. He closed the door and locked it, so that random people don't enter, and went towards Kyungsoo. The ignoring game had just came to a stop as Jongin sat down next to him. Sure he was nervous as hell, but teachers weren't supposed to ignore a student when they're in this type of situation, "Hey, are you alright?"
 
No response.
 
"Do you need anything?" What a dumb question. 
 
"I want water."
 
But at least it worked. "Okay, I'll be back." Jongin didn't know what he got himself into. He just did what he was told. 
 
Jongin left the room with his bag, hoping to find some water. He should've thought it through first before actually accepting the task, because the water fountains worked, he just had to figure out how to get water back to Kyungsoo. He didn't have any cups on himself, just the empty water bottle in his bag - well, that would have to do then. 
 
Jongin got his water bottle out to fill until it was almost full with water trickling out the top, then he closed the cap over it and hurried back to Kyungsoo. Jongin was almost afraid that when he got back, the younger would be gone. But when he opened the door, Kyungsoo was still there. A very relieved sigh left Jongin's lips. "Here you go." He placed the water bottle on the desk. 
 
Kyungsoo looked up, scanned the bottle intensely before grabbing it and opening it up. He placed his lips on the opening and gobbled down the water. Jongin stared with intense eyes. Some water droplets make it down Kyungsoo's chin, and wow, Jongin realized how y it was. He doesn't stop staring until Kyungsoo had capped the bottle, placed it on his desk, and was staring back at Jongin as well. 
 
His lips was wet, plush, and...well, very kissable. And, when a pink tongue sticks out to away the water coating his lips, Jongin almost, he was pretty sure, almost couldn't control himself from wanting to lean in and getting a taste for himself. What was he thinking!! This was a kid he's having those thoughts for!! 
 
"I want tissues as well." 
 
Jongin nodded, glad he caught that instead of making a fool out of himself by his staring and got up to get some tissue from the box up on Soojung's desk. He gave them to Kyungsoo, feeling their finger brush and electricity coursing through Jongin's body. What was up with all these weird things happening all of a sudden?
 
"Thank you." Kyungsoo said, using the tissues to blow his nose. 
 
Jongin stared back to his water bottle and bit his lip. He had just realized that he drank from that bottle, and Kyungsoo also drank from the same bottle. They had an indirect kiss. He could be fangirling, he could not, Jongin really didn't know and he didn't want to know, his heart was just beating quickly. That's all he could think about. "What were you doing?" Jongin found himself asking, then he was playing with his fingers to distract his beating heart. 
 
"None of your business." Came a stubborn yet venomous reply. 
 
"Okay." Jongin shrugged. They stay in silence for a moment before Kyungsoo spoke, "Actually, I'll be Skyping Illhoon for the first time, and he had asked me to sing him that song over phone the other day...I don't want to mess up." 
 
"You were perfect." Jongin said before he could stop himself. Should he have said that? 
 
Kyungsoo stared at him for a few minutes, then looked away with a scowl, "I don't care." He said, but Jongin could see the pink blush on his cheek. It was a new side to the younger Jongin had never seen, and it gave him a pleasant feeling as he kept staring, seeing how Kyungsoo's cheek doesn't stop getting pinker. The pleasant feeling doesn't compare to the ones he had when he talked to Taemin. This pleasant feeling felt grater and a little weirder, messing with Jongin's stomach and making him want to smile for a few more days despite the stressful papers he would soon be grading. 
 
"Alright." Jongin finally found his voice, "I'm using this room from now on, since I don't feel like going to the teachers' lounge on my free period anymore. We can share this room, is it fine with you?" Jongin lied. He had half the heart of wanting to stay, because Kyungsoo was the very main reason why he was always nervous, but if he could see the blush on Kyungsoo's face again, he'd have to risk and stay, right? Right. 
 
"What!"
 
"Yes. I'll be seeing you everyday on your free period." Jongin replied. Should there be a smirk on his face? No? Well, there was. He shouldn't be feeling so powerful, something felt evil about his thoughts, but Jongin was never an evil person to begin with. Kyungsoo's influences was probably rubbing off him. 
 
Jongin grabbed his bottle, not missing how Kyungsoo's eyes follow the bottle as Jongin uncapped it, then took a gulp from it. He would be lying if he said he didn't want to drink off the bottle, because he had been wanting to ever since Kyungsoo's lips touched it a few minutes ago. The water somehow tasted better, to Jongin's opinion. 
 
Jongin looked back at Kyungsoo to see him staring, mouth agape, and eyes never leaving the bottle. He must've figured it out. Now, Jongin was blushing. They both knew what had happen.
 
Kyungsoo's cheeks flare once again before he wrapped his arms around his head and rest it on the desk, "Whatever." He said. 
 
Jongin shrugged and got up. Suddenly, grading tons of paper wasn't so bad. 
 
On every free period, Jongin and Kyungsoo stay in the room. The silence was deafening sometimes, so Jongin would initiate conversations while he graded, but, Kyungsoo was never in the mood, ways scowling and glaring, saying Jongin was disturbing his sleep. Yet, he never really asked Jongin to leave. That's probably the only part that actually made Jongin smile, at least he wasn't getting kicked out. 
 
"How's Kyungsoo?" Jongin asked as he walked Soojung out to her car. It's the end of the school day, he was feeling very exhausted. 
 
"He's doing better. He watches movies with me nowadays." She replied. 
 
"That's good." 
 
"I have a feeling you have something to do with all this though. I've tried to coax him into many things, he would always refuse. But why all of a sudden he changes? When you came into this school as a student teacher, things started changing immediately after. Tell me, you did something didn't you?" She looked up at Jongin with hopeful eyes, maybe expecting a yes. Jongin didn't know what to say. Did he do something? He wasn't sure. 
 
There was that one time Jongin got hurt and said...yeah, that was probably it. "Well, I did say that he shouldn't keep acting like that, or else he was going to loose you as a mother. I didn't really mean it. Kyungsoo had also said s-something that...uhh hurt my feelings so-so I just said it out without actually th-thinking." Jongin stammered. He was fidgeting with the hem of his suit by now. Would Soojung get mad at him for saying that? He really didn't have the right to say those words. 
 
"Oh.." She smiled sadly, "It's fine Jongin. But your wrong, because I'm his mom and I would never leave him no matter how awful he acts. But, what did he say anyway that hurt your feelings?"
 
"U-Uh...well, let's see, he said that I was a dumb teacher?" Jongin shrugged, and rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly. This topic shouldn't be discussed, ever. 
 
"I apologize for him. He's moody, so he tends to say mean things just because he doesn't want to say anything good. But he's been complimenting me on my cooking, so I'm positive he's changing his ways." She said.
 
Jongin nodded along, knowing Kyungsoo was definitely different from when they first met. He would a hundred percent glare at Jongin if he had said something wrong, but now, he just stared and looked away. Progress was going well. 
 
When they reached her car, someone was there waiting, and it was no other than Kyungsoo. His backpack hung on one side of his shoulder as he kicked the gravel around on the asphalt, "Mom what took you so long - " he stopped mid sentence when realization hit him that Jongin was there as well.  
 
"Sorry Kyungsoo, I was talking to Jongin." Soojung answered, getting her keys out. 
 
"Okay, whatever. I want to go home, seeing certain people makes me feel sick." Kyungsoo said, and he made sure to harden his eyes on Jongin when he said 'certain.' That made it obvious that 'certain' people was no other than Jongin. 
 
"Alright. See you next week Jongin." Soojung patted Jongin on the shoulder before going to unlock the doors. Kyungsoo quickly entered, making sure to glare at Jongin first. They drive off with the rumble of the engine and Jongin doesn't take his eyes off the mirror on Kyungsoo's side, seeing how the younger was also looking at Jongin as well. Something about his eyes made Jongin feel uneasy, and a little guilty. 
 
They were once again in an awkward situation next week free period. Something felt a little off about Kyungsoo, the air around him felt like the air Jongin breathed the first time they met. Hot, and dangerous. "So...uh..how are you today Kyungsoo?" He shouldn't be this nervous. 
 
No reply.
 
"Your mom, Mrs. Jung has been telling me good things these past few days. It's good to know you two are getting along, again." 
 
No reply. 
 
"Are you still doing the work even though you've already passed this class?"
 
No reply. 
 
Jongin was getting worried, "Look, Kyungsoo if there's something wrong, please feel free to tell me - "
 
"Stay away from my mom."
 
Jongin was stunned. What did he do to deserve this kind of demand? He'd been nothing but friendly to Soojung, treating her as if she was a sister and making sure they worked well together to teach the class. How could Kyungsoo...what was going on in his mind? "What? Why? Did I do something wrong Kyungsoo?" Jongin felt like he was trying to cleanse himself of faults to his boyfriend. 
 
"You think I'm stupid, that I don't see the way you look at her? Your dazzling eyes always sparkly with sparks when you talk to her. I hate it. She isn't allowed to date, and you're no exception." The younger's voice was serious and deadly. He meant business, this was no time for a joke, or Jongin's usual comments. 
 
"It's not what you think Kyungsoo. I don't...well, if you're trying to say that I like her in that way then you're wrong, because she's like a sister to me." Jongin explained, getting up from his desk to go over to the empty seat next to Kyungsoo without actually thinking of later damage. His eyes stay on Jongin as he went over. It was intense as always. 
 
"You're lying. Every time I'm there with the two of you, your eyes are always so disgustingly sparkling." Kyungsoo snarled, scooting away to take the seat next to him so now there's an empty spot between them. Jongin sighed, trying to think of an explanation to it all. He really wasn't in like with Soojung, she's beautiful, but that's really all he thought. He was sure his eyes doesn't sparkle when looking at her.
 
If Kyungsoo said that his eyes sparkled every time they were together, all three of them, then there's only on other person who could make Jongin's eyes sparkle. 
 
"Kyungsoo...please don't misunderstand me." Jongin was begging now. Why was he begging someone younger than him? He wasn't sure, maybe because he was desperate for the younger to see his innocence. 
 
"What? How could I not? It's just so...I don't know, I just don't like how you look at her. She shouldn't date you, never." The younger said, crossing his arms. There was a stubborn look on his face that Jongin was determined to erase. 
 
"I'll do anything, just trust me. I'm not having any sorts of thoughts towards your mom, I swear." Jongin said, scooting closer to sit on the empty chair between them. 
 
"I don't believe you and I will never. Your words mean nothing to me, so stay away from my mom and there will be no trouble between us." Kyungsoo proceeded to scoot away. Jongin was getting a little frustrated and impatient. And the space between them wasn't helping with his explanations. This time Jongin doesn't scoot closer, instead he does something better. 
 
He got off the chair, took a long stride over until he hovered over Kyungsoo, placing one hand on the desk on his right, and the desk on his left to trap him in between. "Kyungsoo.." Jongin was determined to get it through to the younger that there was seriously nothing between Soojung and him, "I don't like your mom like that. Believe me, look into my eyes." 
 
"Prove it." Jongin was going to make Kyungsoo regret those words. He should not have said those words when Jongin was in a desperate situation. So what Jongin does surprised himself as well when he leaned down, and placed his lips on Kyungsoo's cheek. The skin felt tingly against his lip, and he liked it. 
 
It doesn't stop there, because realization came to Jongin that he wanted lips more than cheek skin. So he pulled back to look down at pink heart shaped lips before leaning down again and capturing them with his own. He was right, lips was much better than cheeks. 
 
When the younger pressed against him, responding to their first, and innocent kiss, Jongin felt his knees weak. Of course, his eyes only sparkled when the three of them were together because it was all for Kyungsoo, not for Soojung. Whenever it was just Soojung, his eyes didn't sparkle like how Kyungsoo had described. 
 
Jongin's lips still felt sweet and tingly when he pulled back. "There. I've proven you I don't like your mom, because I like you instead." 
 
"Wha..?" Kyungsoo said, swallowing the lump in his throat, "That p-proves nothing! You just - just! Ughh! Get away from me!" Jongin was pushed away, and Kyungsoo's head was back on the desk. He was hiding his blush. Jongin chuckled, feeling his own face heating up as well. This wasn't his first kiss, but it sure felt better than any kiss he'd been through. 
 
"Kyungsoo?" Jongin asked, feeling all his nervousness gone and out of sight. He felt like he had just claimed his prize. 
 
"No! Go away! You took my first kiss!" 
 
"Awww really? I'll take the second as well." 
 
"You ruin my life!"
 
Kyungsoo was only thirteen, he doesn't know how 'ruined' his life could be. He still had his teenage years to deal with hormones, and his college years to deal with professors who care of no one but their paycheck. Kyungsoo doesn't know the true meaning of 'ruin' yet. 
 
"Kyungsoo I..I meant what I said," Jongin whispered, leaning in closer to kneel down beside the younger, "I like you, like, instead of your mom." Jongin believes he does like Kyungsoo, the answer wasn't clear yet, but everything felt right and he was sure he's going the right direction. Even if Kyungsoo was a little too young, nothing mattered because age was just a number. 
 
"I don't care!" 
 
"Kyungsoo please, I'll do anything." 
 
There was silence, except the heavy breathing of Kyungsoo, "Fine. If anything, then stay away from my mom."
 
"I can't do that Kyungsoo."
 
Kyungsoo sat up quicker than Jongin could blink, then he stared straight into Jongin's eyes and said, "Why can't you! You said you'd do anything!" 
 
"Except that, because your mom is a teacher, and all teachers communicate in school. Plus, your mom and I have been good friends, I can't just stop talking to her. She'll get hurt." Jongin explained, reaching over to place his hand on Kyungsoo's shoulder, "And I already told you, I don't think of her that way." 
 
"But - "
 
"And I like you." Jongin cut him off with a small smile. It felt a little weird to be confessing to someone so much younger than him. Jongin had never felt this kind of affection toward another male this young before. Everything sort of felt like e to Jongin. 
 
"I'm not talking about that. I just...don't want you near her." Kyungsoo muttered, playing with his fingers on his lap and avoiding Jongin's eyes. His cheeks were so pink and round, Jongin wanted to place another kiss there. 
 
Oh. Oh. Jongin understood everything now. He understood everything well and it made his heart flutter, "So you're jealous, okay Kyungsoo. But I still can't stay away from your mom. If she's gonna allow me to date you eight years from now, I better make a good impression on her." 
 
"What?! Who says I'm going to date you? You'll be old and ugly and wrinkly and ew!" Kyungsoo faked a good shudder, something Jongin noticed which made him chuckle deeply, "We'll see how handsome I am then." And Jongin used his other hand to ruffle Kyungsoo's hair before standing up. "But for now, I'm your teacher. And I have papers to grade, so, I guess we'll talk when I'm done." 
 
They did talk about it when Jongin was done with grading. Kyungsoo still denied everything, but his blushing face, and his lip biting was enough proof for Jongin to know he was definitely gonna be dating the boy when he grew older. His face was still chubby, and his baby fat was still on him, but he'll loose those soon, and maybe loose some weight too. Jongin couldn't wait for the day Kyungsoo reached his eighteenth birthday. 
 
*
 
The rest of the school year was easier somehow. After getting on Kyungsoo's good side, all hell just vanished from Jongin's back. Although Jongin was still ordered around by Kyungsoo, he didn't mind it at all. He purposely let himself be bossed around, because the smile on Kyungsoo's face afterwards was always worth it. 
 
"No! Rewrite it again, I want my name to look perfect!" Kyungsoo yelled, pointing at Jongin with a curled finger. 
 
Jongin sighed, but the smile on his face stayed on as he erased the board to rewrite Kyungsoo's name in English. Jongin doesn't spend time grading anymore in here, usually he would come in and Kyungsoo would be waiting, and since Jongin was always eager to talk to the younger, he just started neglecting his grading for home, and spending time with Kyungsoo. 
 
"Now, is it good?" Jongin asked once he was done. 
 
The younger squinted his eyes at the written English for a while, then he shook his head, "I don't like it. But if it's your best effort, then okay." He shrugged. 
 
Jongin decided to leave it as it is because it was already beautifully written. Remember, Geography was the only topic he was good at in high school, English wasn't even close to something he'd want to look at. "So, how's your day?" Jongin asked once he was seated on the chair in front of Kyungsoo's desk. 
 
"Okay."
 
"Just okay? Are you ever happy?" Jongin dug in deeper, reaching over to push away a few strands of hair blocking Kyungsoo's eyes. He had beautiful eyes, it would help Jongin more if the younger cut his hair. 
 
"I am, just don't want to show it." Kyungsoo murmured. He placed his arms on his desk and lean down to rest his cheek against it, looking up at Jongin with wide eyes. 
 
"Why?" Jongin asked. He'd lost his nervousness a while ago. Kyungsoo wasn't so evil, sometimes. 
 
"Because...if I show it, something bad will happen. And I don't want my happiness taken away like; Illhoon and dad." The younger said as he drew on the desk with his fingers, making odd shapes and lines. 
 
Jongin nodded. Kyungsoo was just afraid to get hurt again. But he doesn't need to worry, because Jongin was serious about his feelings, he wouldn't hurt Kyungsoo like that. Never in his mind, or his actions. "So....does that mean you're actually happy with me right now?" 
 
Kyungsoo blushed and hid his face away with a groan. Jongin knew what that meant, and the smile on his face was wide and proud. 
 
*
 
"Hello, is Kyungsoo ready?" Jongin greeted Soojung at the front door. Kyungsoo was a sophomore now, but they still meet up and spend time together on weekends, (if there was enough time.) It was a little strange when Jongin didn't get to see Kyungsoo anymore after he'd finish his student teaching and had to go back to college to finish his degree. Jongin had remembered to get Soojung's number before the school ended, so he would call and always chatted with her, then with Kyungsoo, and would get a scowl each time because the younger was jealous that he spent more time with her. 
 
"Yes, he is. Come in?" She smiled sweetly. 
 
"No, thank you. I want to take him out to the concert. Didn't he tell you?" Jongin kindly refused the invitation. He just wanted to be with Kyungsoo, no one else. Their relationship had gone stronger, despite the gaping time apart, and it was easier for Jongin to hold Kyungsoo's hand without getting the fake glare so he would take as much chances as he could, and having Soojung around was going to get in between that. 
 
"Oh yes, he told me. And you didn't buy me a ticket?" She joked, chuckling lightly before Kyungsoo's head popped out beside her. His face was blank, as per usual. 
 
"Well, off you two go. Have fun boys!" She ruffled Kyungsoo's hair before pushing him out the door, and slamming it shut behind him. 
 
"You ready Kyungsoo, Btob is your favorite boy group, isn't it?" Jongin reached his palm out for Kyungsoo to take, the latter didn't take it and just ignored Jongin. Okay, jealousy level over radar. 
 
"Soo, c'mon, I told you, I wasn't flirting with your mom." Jongin tried to explain, bending down slightly to get eye level with the younger. "She's gonna be my mother in law, why would I flirt with her?"
 
"I don't know, that's why I want to find out." Kyungsoo said, crossing his arms across his chest. That was a famous gesture that meant, I-don't--with-you. Which meant silent treatment. 
 
"Soo I'm serious. I really, really only like you, I swear!" 
 
"Swear upon Jjanggu?" 
 
"What? You can't be serious, Jjanggu has nothing to do with this, he's my son. I can't swear on him. Kyungsoo, please, I'll do anything." Jongin begged and gripped onto the younger's wrist to stop him from walking away, "You want me to kiss your jealousy away?"
 
"No. Let's just go, I want to see my Btob hyungs." 
 
They go in silence. Jongin doesn't worry much though, Kyungsoo never really stayed mad at him for long, that's the perks of liking someone so much younger, they're kids who easily regain their happiness. Besides, their arguments were never serious. A little bickering here and there just adds more fun. 
 
They bought the lights and entered to find their seats. When the members came out, starting their concert with 'Beep Beep' Kyungsoo was back to screaming and shaking his light around. Jongin only watched with fond eyes. Too bad they couldn't get closer seats, Kyungsoo would've been much more excited. 
 
*
 
"I've graduated and got my five years bachelor's degree in teaching. Too bad I'll be a college professor instead of high school." Jongin gave Kyungsoo the good news the moment they met, hugging the younger when he came into Jongin's new apartment room. "And...you're gonna be graduating soon right?" 
 
"Yeah.." Kyungsoo replied, cuddling closer onto Jongin's chest, "Gonna turn eighteen soon too."
 
Jongin chuckled. Right, Kyungsoo was going to become legal, and they could finally have a 'real' date without the cops chasing Jongin down for kissing someone so much younger in public. Plus, eighteen came many responsibilities, such as , and intense , and Jongin wanted that. He wanted that so bad.
 
"Legal, I can't wait Kyungsoo.." Jongin whispered, leaning down to place a kiss on Kyungsoo's forehead. 
 
"Ahaha, ert," A punch was thrown at Jongin's thigh, "But yes, I can't wait either to go further than what we have right now." 
 
The silence afterwards was comforting as they hold onto each other, and as more thoughts fly into Jongin's head, he ran across something troubling. Soojung doesn't know of their relationship, sure, he had constantly invited Kyungsoo out the whole five years, but, they never really told her it wasn't really all about hanging out. 
 
"Your mom needs to know about us," Jongin began, not really liking the idea either. What would Soojung think? "We can't keep this from her much longer." 
 
"I know! Mom is starting to think I'll end up a lonely man, but I have you, and every time she asks me why I'm not dating, I can't tell her a proper reason." Kyungsoo muttered. 
 
"Well, then I think it's about time you gave her the reason." Jongin said, bringing his arm around to push Kyungsoo down on the couch before getting on top. 
 
*
 
"Yeah..and...I really like Kyungsoo." Voicing out his feelings to a mother about her son was very nerve wracking even if he had been friends with her for a while. Jongin had invited Soojung out for the very purpose, to confess his feelings he had grown for Kyungsoo over the course of five years, well almost, just one more day until Kyungsoo was officially eighteen. 
 
Soojung stared at Jongin, mouth slightly gaping before she closed it and cleared . "Wow Jongin, I never thought....you..well, that doesn't matter, but Kyungsoo? Really? He's such an.....unstable boy. His mood is always changing, and he becomes so needy and clingy. Were you there during his hormonal years? He was always - oh well, of course you were there during those years, I remember those hickeys on his neck! I asked who did it but he never told me, so it was you?" 
 
Jongin nodded with a sheepish smile. Those years were the years that Jongin had the hardest time controlling himself from attacking Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo was going through that stage where his body was changing, where he was reaching puberty, and he was always needy for affection and cuddling. He was so adorably y that Jongin had to so many times because of him. 
 
It was torture repeating itself over and over. 
 
"Oh my, what else have you two been doing?!" Soojung gasped, clearly unimpressed with any sort of ual activities. Good thing they didn't do more than cuddling and innocent kisses. If Jongin was the same age as Kyungsoo, then having , and doing other things in public wouldn't bring him trouble, but since he was seven years older than Kyungsoo, things was more limited. It was gonna be es if he tried anything with someone seven years younger than him.  
 
"Calm down Soojung Noona, we didn't do anything other than cuddle, and occasionally holding hands in public, but I assure you, it's been clean all these years." Jongin reached over to hold her hand, hoping to calm her. An angry mother would mean a starving Jongin with no Kyungsoo. She could cut their relationship if she wasn't satisfied with what Jongin would do with Kyungsoo. 
 
"I am calm Jongin, but, this is a lot to take in you know? You've both kept this from me for...five years? It's overwhelming. I never even knew Kyungsoo was gay. He had always turned down girls, and looked away from boys, so I thought he just didn't want to interact with people. But truth was, this whole time, he had you, that's why he was never interested. Why do I feel like I've been cheated?" She looked sad as she pulled her hand away. 
 
Jongin began panicking. "Soojung, please, I'm the one who told him we should keep this from you. I just...I was afraid you won't accept me."
 
"What makes you think five years will change anything? What makes me accept you more now?" She snapped. 
 
Jongin was seriously panicking. A hug from Kyungsoo would help calm him down. "I just wanted you to warm up to me." Because I'm positive now I'll marry your son
 
"Jongin you're - you're almost thirty and my baby is just turning into a man." She said, gulping loudly then she exhaled. "This relationship, it feels wrong to me."
 
"I know, but...I really, really like Kyungsoo. He's not just someone I can let go, he's been with me for five years and I think I might love him already. He's practically my world, and I need him. Please approve us, I beg of you, please." Jongin would have gone on his knees if it weren't for being in public. He didn't want to embarrass Soojung and make her disapprove him more. 
 
"What does Kyungsoo think of this relationship? Did you force it on him?" She asked.
 
"Oh god no, I would, no, I didn't force this on him. I told him I liked him in eighth grade, and we just...hung out and started hanging out, and sooner or later, it just became us. It's us hanging out so much that Kyungsoo started cuddling me. It's not one sided Soojung, he does like me, he shows it, and I like him." Jongin explained, remembering when it was the first time Kyungsoo initiated their kiss. He was about fifteen around that time. Maybe.
 
"Okay."
 
"Okay?"
 
"Okay, as long as Kyungsoo is okay with this relationship, but the moment he comes home crying because of you, you should just start saying your goodbyes because I'll do everything in my will to keep you from him." 
 
"I don't remember you being this harsh Soojung, remember our good years in student teaching?"
 
"Jongin I am serious."
 
"Okay, sorry."  
 
*
 
"What did mom say Jongin what did she say?" Kyungsoo was all over Jongin, arms and legs clinging to him like a koala. Jongin didn't mind, because this proves that Kyungsoo liked him a lot. 
 
"She said okay, as long as you're okay with it." He replied, pushing Kyungsoo off so he could undress himself. 
 
"Really? Mom really allows us?" Kyungsoo asked, helping Jongin undo his tie. 
 
"Yeah...you're not okay with it or something?" Jongin asked, his brows raised as he looked down at the younger. It was true, Kyungsoo had lost his baby fat and lost some weight, but he was still a little chubby around his belly area. 
 
"Of course I'm okay with it. I've been okay with it since eighth grade!" 
 
"Do you remember what you said back then?" Jongin questioned as he wrapped his arms around the younger's waist to pull him closer until they were pressed up against each other. 
 
"Remember what?"
 
"You said you wouldn't date me because I would be old, ugly, wrinkly, ew, disgusting, stupid, nasty, and - "
 
"Hey! I didn't say all that! Stop making things up Hyung, you're such an !"
 
"Hey, don't speak foul words in front of me." Jongin warned, eyes hardening. 
 
"Why?" Kyungsoo smirked, eyes challenging.
 
"Because you'll make me want to hear you moan those foul word when I you." 
 
"I'm not legal yet." His smirk grew larger. He was definitely challenging Jongin. 
 
"Well, rules were meant to be broken, and you'll be turning eighteen tomorrow. One day early won't make a difference." Jongin said, leaning down to kiss the younger's neck. "Plus, I've waited five years, I don't think I can hold back with you tempting me like this Kyungsoo." 
 
Kyungsoo on the other hand gasped when he felt a growing tent against his stomach. It was large, hard, and twitching with attention. Kyungsoo was itching to feel it inside him. 
 
 
A/n: cut it off here because....I don't feel like wanting.....to write the .