Final

Tangled

Jongin was tired and couldn't wait to lie down on his soft and comfortable bed. He has been having trouble sleeping because something was always on his mind. At work, he is constantly distracted but still has to force himself to get the work done. Jongin didn't look his best either, he was a depressing sight. He lazily punched in the code to his apartment and his eyes were already prepared to sleep as he dragged himself into the apartment.

 

He slightly jumped in surprise as someone suddenly grabbed his shoulder. Jongin slowly turned his head to see who it was, his eyes were shut tightly in terror. "Jongin?” said someone whose voice was laced with concern. Jongin cracked one eye open and saw his best friend and sighed in relief. Taemin looking at him as if he worried and concerned about Jongin.

 

 

If that bastard cared then he'll tell his boyfriend to calm his down and stop him from torturing poor me, Jongin thought.

 

He felt like he and Taemin were not the only ones there and so he started to look around the room and was surprised to see friends, neighbors, co-workers, family, and even enemies were there too (Sungjong, which whom he interchanged glares once their eyes met).

 

He was confused and asked, "What is this?", he was not taking bull for an answer because they were all suspiciously looking at him with concern, and he swears he saw Sungjong grin.

 

"You are in heaven Jongin, and the people you love the most are here with you for one last time before you walk through the gates of heaven.”

 

Bull, and of course it had to be Sungjong who said it, whom I do not love so why would he be here in the first place. Therefore what he just said is bs, Jongin concluded and so he stared at Sungjong with an are-you-ting-on-me look. 

 

"Okay okay, maybe that was an obvious lie because you would go to hell instead", Jongin wanted to punch him right there and then, that bastard.

 

"This is actually your intervention for your problem! Yay! Aren't you excited", Sungjong said in fake excitement. 

 

"Oh….WAIT! What!?”

 

"Let's start!” Chanyeol, Jongin's coworker, said enthusiastically. Someone pushed him from the back and sat him on the chair that was placed in the middle of living room. Jongin was confused on to what was happening. No one cared. "Well who's first?" said Luhan, his nosy neighbor.

 

Why does everyone seem so excited for this?

 

A chorus of "me’s" and "me first" was heard throughout the living room.

 

"Shut up", Kris's loud booming voice shut everyone up, he didn't even have to raise his voice. He just normally spoke and Tao looked at him with those anime sparkling eyes that you see in amines. "I think Taemin should go first since they are best friends", he said and everyone agreed with him, all nodding their heads simultaneously.

 

"Okay...I'll start", said Taemin as he nervously swallowed and cleared his throat. He unfolded a piece of paper that he had in his hands and started,

 

"Dearest Jongin,

 

You have not been yourself lately, it makes me worried. You don't sleep because you think of your , I don't sleep because I'm thinking of you thinking of your . You skip meals because of your , I skip meals because you skip meals because of your . You cry because of your , I cry because you cry because of your . Do you get the point Jongin? You are my best friend and what affects you, it affects me too. Please please please stop thinking so much about your . I'm sure it's mighty fine, you are the manliest man I've ever known, and you are very kind. You shouldn't let the words of others affect you.

 

Sincerely, 

Your best friend Taemin"

 

Taemin looked up at Jongin and his eyes where glossy. The room was silent and Jongin felt bad making his friend worry so much. Taemin went up to Jongin and gave him a hug, and they both started crying loudly.

 

"Dramatic es", someone murmured and broke the moment, Jongin looked around and spotted Sungjong looking at everything and everyone except for them, clearly the culprit.

 

That .

 

"Ooookay, who's next?” said Sehun.

 

"Me! Me! Please pick me! I'm dying to go!” Sungjong said while excitedly raising his hand and jumping on spot.

 

Do us a favor and don't go then.

 

"Okay Sungjong you go", said Kris and his words are law.

 

Why!? Okay he might not die but at least let him suffer!!! Jongin thought while internally crying.

 

"Okay...ahem

 

Kid with the problem", he started and everyone was ready to flee the apartment if any crime were to happen or be committed, Sungjong had pushed far too much today and they were afraid that this letter will completely be the last straw for Jongin.

"I am honestly not very fond of you, but nevertheless I will give you some helpful advice, take it. Move on kid. Honestly, you were never a man to me. You are just going to have accept the idea that your is the size of bean. Now, if you really want to prove you are were a man you should confess your ing feelings to-“

 

"And I think that's enough for time purposes, anybody else? Any one at all", Kris said while looking around the room. 

 

Someone stepped out into open, he was apparently hidden behind what seemed like two large buildings (Chanyeol and Minho). He looked so afraid, eyes glued to the floor as he clutched a paper in his hands with all his little might. Nobody, other than Sungjong, was surprised to see the small boy be there at all. Everyone looked at Kyungsoo, expectantly waiting for him to say something.

 

"Ummm", he started, "I umm, wrote a letter for you too...J-jongin". Kyungsoo did not even want to meet eyes with others, Jongin was still surprised and stared at him. A crimson color started to spread though his cheeks as Jongin realized that his crush was at his intervention. An intervention for his traumatizing experience that led him to lose his "man pride". How embarrassing, he was sure Sungjong had invited him too.

 

"So...I'm going to begin", Kyungsoo said before clearing his throat and gathering his strength.

 

"Dear Jongin,

 

I wanted to confess something. You see, Eugene is my pet chinchilla. He loves to hide, that little rascal, and one time he discovered the air vent. He really loves to venture off and he even has his favorite place. Your bathroom...so what you most likely saw at the bathtub was my Eugene. Not a rat. A C-H-I-N-C-H-I-L-L-A, and there is no need to call rodent control. I am sorry that Eugene frightened you while you were going to take a shower, which then caused you to freak out in panic and running out of your apartment then having little Sungyeollie point out the size of your . Don't be sad over this, I assure you that your is not that bad."

 

Kyungsoo looked up to see Jongin hoping for the best, wanting him to understand but instead he saw a wobbly Jongin heading towards the couch, pale-looking. Nobody moved or said anything. Chen and Xiumin found it to be perfect timing to leave and go eat. It was successful, nobody was paying attention anyways. Kyungsoo was starting to get worried because Jongin was just staring blankly, not saying a word.

 

"Jongin, are you okay?" he asked but no answer. "I am sorry again...I guess I'll just leave now...bye. I'm sorry again".

 

"Wait", Jongin reacted when Kyungsoo started to take a step towards the exit. Their eyes met and Jongin boldly began, "How can you assure me that my is fine?”

 

Kyungsoo became flushed and he saw Sungjong smirk but nevertheless answered his question, "L-like I said, Eugene loves going into your bathtub. One day I couldn't find him and so I planned to look in your bathroom. I thought you had dance practice so I asked Sungjong for the spare keys that Taemin has...and it...umm...turns out you were there. Showering. . With your transparent curtain. I am so sorry! I didn't meant to look! It was just there, but I can assure you it's not small!"

 

A loud laugh captured everyone's attention, "I am sorry Kyungie! I told you I wouldn't laugh but this. This is is just funny! Oh my God!” Sungjong really couldn't hold it in and Taemin grabbed him by the wrist and took him to Jongin's room so the two could talk with no interruptions, he was being a considerate bffl. In fact everyone started to leave one by one, leaving the awkward kiddos behind.

 

Kyungsoo didn't know if he should leave, he was waiting for Jongin to say something. 

 

"So you think my isn't small?” Jongin looked hopefully at Kyungsoo and Kyungsoo blushed but managed to say, "It's perfect".

 

"You are lying, you are just saying that to make me feel better"

 

"No, I swear"

 

"Lies"

 

"I am not lying".

 

"You know if you pet it, it can get bigger"

 

"Y- Wait what?!"

 

That day, Jongin ended up with a red mark on his left cheek. He could also here Sungjong from the living room, laughing uncontrollably. "Smooth, very smooth dumb !” he shouted from his room.

 

Taemin came out leaving his boyfriend who was enjoying his best friend’s misery, and went up to Jongin, "You are so hopeless".

 

Jongin didn't respond, he looked lifeless and clearly regretting all his life choices. "If I were you, I would go to him and give an honest confession. Not a stupid pick up line, he thinks all you want is now", Sungjong surprisingly interjected with helpful advice and so Jongin did just that. He ran out of his apartment and went to go find him.

 

It wasn't that hard to find him, he had been to impatient to wait for the elevator and decided to take the stairs. Once he opened the door to the stairs, there he was sitting down. 

 

Kyungsoo looked up once he heard someone came in, and once he saw Jongin, he was getting prepared to get the out of there.

 

"I love you", Jongin said immediately because he didn't want to lose the opportunity and not confess, but once the words left his mouth, he internally cringed. Love was such a strong word, he will just be scared away but that is how he honestly felt. Actually it was like love at first sight.

 

"Really?” Kyungsoo asked and now faced Jongin. Jongin, shyly rubbed the back of his neck and responded, "Yeah", he answered and looked down at the floor.

 

"Me too", Kyungsoo answered as the tip of his mouth curved into a content smile.

 

Bull.

 

It actually wasn't bull, Kyungsoo was serious about him having a crush on Jongin as well. They became boyfriends and went on dates, Taemin wanted to have a double date but of course Kyungsoo, the sane one, thought it was a bad idea. Jongin also went back to his normal self and didn't let the words of a 7 year old affect him anymore, atleast that is what his says.

 

It was actually funny seeing Jongin, a 20 year old man, laughing and shouting "!" as he pointed at a little 7 year old, "Sungyeollie". Sungyeol blushed every time Dasom went up to him and offered her help whenever Sungyeol was learning to use skates but was too afraid to let go of any kind of support. Sungyeol rejected the help of Dasom of course and claimed he didn't need help from a girl with cooties.

 

too, apparently.

 

Kyungsoo and Kai spent almost every waking moment together, they even spent the night over. They were inseparable, even today. Kyungsoo and Jongin were lying down on the couch, Kyungsoo in between Kai's legs, watching Tangled, Kyungsoo's favorite movie. Jongin wasn't even paying attention, he was busy admiring his cute boyfriend's features and was grateful to finally have him in his arms. He suddenly came up with something.

 

"Kyungsoo?” he said and Kyugsoo hummed in response.

 

"Who is the person that organized the intervention? I want to thank them and buy them a little something. It was actually a good idea and now that I think about, the outcome was splendidly wonderful. Do you know who it was?"

 

"Sungjong"

 

"".