Final

The Search for Jams (or Love)

"TARAAAAA!!!!"

Oh god no.

With a war cry, the air was knocked right out of me as the body of an 18 year old boy jumped on top of me.

Goddamnit, this guy.

"GET OFF OF ME PARK JIMIN!" I screamed from under him.

"Morning Tara~" he singsong sweetly, a gummy smile on his face.

"What are you doing here?" I grumbled.

"You promised me that on your day off we would spend the whole day together~" he reminded me.

I huffed.  "Babo, don't you know better than to jump on me?"

"Mian~" he eye smiled and jumped off of my bed.  "Jimin~" he said in his signature y voice.

"Get out and let me change," I got up and pushed him out my door, making sure to lock it because he can be such a byuntae at times.  I quickly got changed into some clothes to go out and walked downstairs where Jimin was being stupid and doing handstands in the middle of my living room.

"Jimin...?  What are you doing?" I asked.  Has he finally gone crazy?

"My new dance routine needs me to do some acrobatic type stuff, so I have to keep practicing," he responded, still on his head.

"Well my living room isn't your dance practice room last time I checked," I crossed my arms over my chest.  "Now are we gonna go eat breakfast anytime soon?  Because I'm starving right now."  As if on cue, my stomach started growling out loud for him to hear.

"Okay, we'll go since you're that hungry."  He sat upright and stood on his feet.  "Have you seen my abs lately?"

My eyes widened.  "Jimin please-"

"BAM!!" He lifted up the front of his shirt and pulled on his jeans waistband.  "I've been working at it for the past month.  You like~?"

I couldn't help but stare.  Hey, I'm a girl, I can't help it!  After shaking my head, I pouted and wanted to wipe that greasy smirk off his face.  "Yah!  Park Jimin you greasy boy!" I yelled and walked past him.

"Oh come on Tara, you know I'm just playing around with you," he whined and wrapped an arm around my shoulders.  "Now let's go eat breakfast, I know your stomach is growling."

My stomach churned again and sounded louder than the last time.  "It's your fault that you're holding us up, now hurry!  Bballi bballi!"  I pulled him by the arm and ran out the door.


 

After just getting an egg and cheese sandwich from a deli at the corner, we decided to drive to the beach.  It was already almost noon and the Sun made the cool spring day a little bit warmer, perfect for sweaters.  Jimin and I were drinking from our bottles of iced tea and walking down near the water, still being a little farther away since I'm not up for getting wet today.

"I wanna go jump in the water," Jimin announced.

"Then go right ahead, just don't get me anywhere involved in that," I warned him.  "I will use my Tae Kwon Do on you!"

"You're no fun," he punched my shoulder and pouted.

I steal the snapback from his head and set it on mine.  "This belongs to me now."

He tilted his head a little to the side and examined me.  "Looks good on you actually."

"What do you mean?"

"Usually girls wouldn't look good in a snapback just because their face doesn't match or they're too girly but it suits you," he explained.

I smiled a little.  "Aww that's really sweet Jiminnie~"

"But it still looks better on me, cuz I'm Park Jimin yeah~" he said in a greasy voice again.

I deadpanned.  "NamJoon oppa was right.  You got no jams," I rolled my eyes and walked away from him.

"Hey!! I have plenty of jams!" he stomped like a little kid and pouted.

"You indirectly said that I'm uglier than you, so you don't have jams.  So you have to make it up to me," I smiled evilly.

"What must I do to get my jams?" Jimin asked seriously.

I turned around and stood upright.  "ATTENTION!  Salute soldier!" I commanded like an army boss.

Jimin went along with it and saluted.  "Sir yes sir!"

"You wish to go on a mission to get some jams soldier?"

"Sir yes sir!"

"It's a very difficult mission.  Are you sure you can handle it soldier?" I asked, pacing in front of him.

"Of course sir!" he answered enthusiastically.

"Good!  Now your mission is this," I drew a little closer to him and looked around to see if anyone was watching.  "You must go to the convenience store around the corner of my building and buy all of my favorite junk food and bring it back up to my apartment so we could watch a movie, okay?"  I instructed cutely and batted my eyelashes.

Jimin blinked in disbelief.  "Are you ser-"

"ARE YOU TALKING BACK TO ME SOLDIER?!" I yelled at him once more.

"No sir!" he replied right away.

"Are my instructions clear?!"

"Yes sir!"

"Do you accept your mission soldier?!"

"Well-"

"DO YOU ACCEPT THIS MISSION??!!"

"YES SIR!"

"NOW MOVE OUT!  Meet back at HQ by thirteen hundred sharp!" I instructed.

He stared at me like I had two heads.

"That means 1 pm babo," I deadpanned.

"Oh okay," he smiled and started walking off.

"RUN SOLDIER RUN!! I DID NOT TELL YOU TO WALK!!" I yelled after him just to .

I started chuckling to myself when he took off across the sand and jogged after him.

 

"Where the hell is this idiot?!" I yelled at no one in particular.  It was already almost 10 minutes past 1 and Jimin wasn't here yet.  I already made us our peanut butter and Nutella sandwiches for our movie.  I was slumped on the couch and stared at my phone, waiting for any messages from him.  “I told him 1 pm sharp!  This idiot…”  I pouted for a few seconds.  “I’m gonna go look for him,” I promptly decided with a nod.  I picked up my sweater and threw it on, walking out the door and put my phone in my pocket.  I walked to the end of the hallway, where the elevator was, since I was too lazy to take the stairs.  I checked my phone again and pressed the button to call the elevator.

“This idiot still hasn’t called me,” I groaned.  “He really isn’t getting his jams any time soon if he keeps doing this to me.”

The elevator ding sounded and I was ready to get on when the door opened and made me facepalm.  “PARK JIMIN!”

Inside the elevator was Jimin, legs spread wide open in a split, his legs going from the front to the back.  And he most certainly looked like he was stuck in that position.  He looked up at me in pain before smiling weakly.  “Hi Tara…”

“Jimin, you really don’t have any jams,” I deadpanned.

He carefully bent his legs to get him out of such an uncomfortable, agonizing position.  “But I got everything you wanted,” he pouted.

I then became aware of the grocery bags on the floor of the elevator, and the cardboard cup holder that had 2 cups of-

“OREO VANILLA COOLATA!!” I screamed in joy and picked the cupholder up.  “My favorite~!”  I looked at him.  “Well, hurry up and bring all of that in, we have a movie marathon to watch!!”  I turned and went back to my apartment.

We grabbed all of the food into bowls and plates in front of us and sat on the couch in blankets after plunging the room into total darkness.  We just the TV to one of the premium movie channels and watched whatever came on.  Some movies were insanely funny, some were boring and we had to change it, and others we made fun of just because we could.

In the middle of our third movie, Jimin inched towards one of the unfinished boxes of sweets.  When I saw what it was, I slapped his hands.  “Those are my chocolate covered strawberries!”

He was already itching to have the last one, he had it only a few inches from his face.  He gave in and held it out, “Open up.”

I opened my mouth to welcome the sweet goodness and bit it before he could even think of trying to trick me and pull it away.  “Delicious,” I smirked with my mouth full.

Later, we were watching a movie that we had seen at least a dozen times and didn’t really care if we talked through it or not.  Jimin was munching on some pocky sticks, very happily because it just so happened to be his favorite snack.  “Can I have one?” I asked with my wide eyes.

“Yeah go ahead,” he offered the box nonchalantly.

I took two of them and started munching happily.  Then I offered him a chocolate donut and he bit it out of my hand.  There was only one more stick of pocky in the box and both of us looked at it at the same time.  Jimin took one look at me before he took off running.  “YOU CAN’T HAVE THE LAST ONE!!!”

“Yah!!” I screamed and ran after him.  “THIS IS MY HOUSE!!!”

“YOU CAN’T HAVE IT!!!”  He ran around the table and I chased after him.  “It’s my favorite!  I let you have the last chocolate covered strawberry!”

“You still don’t have jams!  I am your commander!” I lunged after him when he tried to make a dash for the living room again.  I tackled his feet and we both fell to the floor.

“Commander don’t kill me!”  He sat up and faced me.  “Fine, let’s each have half.”  Jimin put one end of the stick on his mouth.

“What are you doing?  Just split it!” I grumbled.

“I can’t split it evenly down the middle though, and I want it to be fair,” he said.  He brought his head forward.  “Bite it.”

I suddenly blushed and got shy.  Yes, I have a crush on this annoying brat.  But he’s a sweet annoying brat.  That doesn’t have jams.  And I know what’s coming after this.  But hey, better get it over with now rather than later.  I timidly started biting down to the middle of the pocky.  He watched me with careful eyes and started joining to the middle.  I got slower as I got more to the middle.  He just kept going, he wasn’t stopping.  My eyes widened when there was only a piece about an inch long between us.  He paused abruptly to look at me, and I caught my breath.  He smiled slightly once before he cupped my face gently, and bit the remaining piece to press his soft lips to mine.

In my head, I was freaking out because holy mother of god he actually went through with it and he’s actually kissing me.  So I wrapped my arms around his neck and followed along with him.

He abruptly pulled away.  “Tara~” he smiled cutely.  “Will you be my girlfriend?”

I blinked and tackled him to the floor.  “Of course,” I smiled before pecking his lips again.  “And now you officially have jams.”

“Yes!!!” he pumped his fists in the air.  “And now you’re Queen of Jams and I am King of Jams.”  He paused.  “Do you mind calling NamJoon hyung and telling him that?”