Chapter 1

Ten years after war. Infinity left.

A/N: So here’s the squeal to “Ten days of war. Ten days left.” I got this idea a while after I finished the fic, but I wasn’t sure if it would stick. Now it’s been almost a month that’s it’s finished, and it’s really the only idea left. Okay well here.

 

Ten years after war. Infinity left.

 

“Oppa~!” a little girl calls.

“Oppa yah~!” she calls again.

“Daddy!!!” she calls. A man walks in at the call of his ‘name’ and sees his young girl playing with her older brother.

“Yes sweetie?” he says, kneeling down and picking her up.

“Oppa won’t listen to me,” she says pouting.

“Hm, Chanhyuk, why aren’t you listening to your little sister?” he asks him. The boy looks up and shrugs. The man sighs and sets the little girl down.

“Do you want me to get your father?” he asks him.

“You are my father though…” the boy says, handing the little girl a fruit snack. The man sighs and ignores the comeback and just walks out the room and back to the kitchen. He continues cooking dinner and is taken out of focus when his phone rings. He picks it up and sees that it’s his husband calling. He smiles and answers the phone.

“Minseokkie~ how are you?” he greets. The man on the other end chuckles and hums.

“I’m good Hannie. I’m actually heading home early right now,” he says.

Minseok has worked hard and ended up being a world famous pediatric neurosurgeon only two years after college from an important and ground breaking study he did as an intern. Luhan, on the other hand, works as a teacher. He teaches Korean to young Chinese kids and Chinese to Korean kids and no matter how many times people put him down because Minseok has a better off career, he’s happy.

“That’s great!! I started making dinner and it’s actually almost done,” Luhan says, stirring around the meat in the pan.

“Awesome. Are Soohyun and Chanhyuk done with their school work?” Minseok asks. Luhan can hear the sound of his car door opening and closing.

“Mhmm, they are actually in the play room right now,” he says.

“Okay, well I’m about to drive off so I have to go. I’ll see you in twenty minutes.” He hangs up and Luhan sets his phone on the counter. Soohyun and Chanhyuk come running in, laughing and giggling, acting out a small game of tag between their two toys.

“Don’t run too fast!!” Luhan calls. He hears Chanhyuk give a small “ok Appa” before chasing after Soohyun. He sighs lightly and finishes the food, setting out two small bowls for Chanhyuk and Soohyun, and two bigger bowls for Minseok and himself. He’s about to call the kids in when Minseok comes in, shouting out an I’m home, standing by the door, waiting for the kids to come running to home. He walks in with two children attached to his sides. Luhan smiles and takes Chanhyuk off on side as Minseok takes Soohyun off the other. They set them down in their chairs and then sit in their own. They eat with little silence due to the little children chatting about their school day.

“Appa!! What did you do today?!” Soohyun asks Minseok.

“I took care of sick children. I made them better,” Minseok says.

“What did you do to make them better, Appa?” Chanhyuk asks. He’s always had an interest in Minseok’s career and always asks questions about it.

“Well, I made their brain better by fixing it,” Minseok explains, trying to be as simple as possible.

“Like how?” Soohyun asks. Luhan laughs at the sudden interrogation at the dinner table and decides to get Minseok out of it.

“Hey, are you guys done with your food?” he asks. They look at him and nod.

“Then why don’t you do your father a favor and put the bowls in the sink, hm?” Luhan whispers to them. They giggle and nods, getting up and grabbing their bowls and coming back to grab the other two. Minseok chuckles and thanks them for helping.

“You can go on and play until bath time,” Luhan says. They nod and run off to their play room. Minseok and Luhan get up and start cleaning up the dinner mess.

“So what did you do today?” Minseok asks. Luhan looks over at him and shrugs.

“I took the kids to school and then went class and taught. There wasn’t any action like you must get,” Luhan says, kissing Minseok on the cheek. Luhan is washing the dishes when he feels Minseok wrap his arms around his waist and resting his head on Luhan’s shoulder.

“I’m so tired,” Minseok says.

“Haha, you always are babe,” Luhan says, drying the last dish and setting it on the counter.

“Come on,” Luhan says, turning around and hugging Minseok, “Let’s give the kids a bath and then get you to bed,” Luhan says, pushing Minseok forward and calling for the children to get ready. Minseok sighs and follows him to the bathroom.

“Who’s first?” Luhan asks.

“Ladies first!!” Chanhyuk says, pushing Soohyun to the bathroom. Minseok laughs and decides that he’ll take Soohyun while Luhan takes Chanhyuk. He rolls up his sleeves and kneels down, turning on the water and making sure it’s not too hot.

“Ready sweetie?” Minseok asks. She nods and gets in. Soohyun is 4 years old so he’s really only there to make sure she doesn’t drown or get soap in her eyes, while Chanhyuk is 7 years old and Luhan is on there to make sure he actually cleans himself and doesn’t splash water everywhere.

“Appa? Can you help me?” Soohyun asks. He looks over and sees that she can’t open the soap. He chuckles and nods, opening it for her and pouring a small amount into her hands.

“What’s that, Appa?” she asks, pointing to his wrist. He looks down and sees that she’s talking about his self-harm scars from almost ten years ago.

“They battle wounds. When I was younger, I had a fight with someone and this happened. These remind me that I won,” he says. She smiles and nods.

“That’s good Appa!!” she cheers. He laughs and goes back to reading the book he got and lets her do her thing. When he hears the bath plug, he looks over and hands her a towel, pulling her up and out of the bathtub. She wraps herself in the towel and Minseok picks her up, taking her out of the bathroom and to her bedroom. He sets her down and helps her get dressed, knowing that she’d go to bed in only a shirt if she could.

“Goodnight baby doll,” Minseok says after tucking her in and turning off the light. He keeps the cracked just in case and walks to his room. He hears Luhan scolding Chanhyuk for something when he passes by the bathroom. He chuckles and decides to take a shower. He turns on the water and sighs at the hot sting that the water gives him. He strips off his clothing, tossing it in the hamper, and getting in the shower. He lets his head fall back under the stream of water and sighs out happily. He doesn’t notice Luhan coming into the bathroom until Luhan gets in behind him, back hugging him. Luhan leans down and kisses his cheek, humming lightly when Minseok turns his head to properly kiss him.

“Hey,” Minseok whispers, leaning into the hug. Luhan chuckles and wipes the hair out of Minseok’s eyes.

“Hi.” They both laugh and stand there until the water starts getting cold. They quickly shower and get out, not wanting to stay in the cold water any longer. They get dressed into PJ’s and slip into bed. Minseok cuddles up to Luhan, hugging him and pecking his nose.

“I love you,” Minseok says with a smile.

“I love you too,” Luhan says, smiling back.

A/N: HEY. HI. I HAVE FEELS. THIS FIC GAVE ME FEELS. IM JUST GONNA GO NOW BYEEE