chapter 1

this i promise.

The solemn hill that he stood on was covered in a blanket of fog, it made it so hard for anyone to just set foot on to the hill without having difficulty breathing. It was a lonely hill, the only high ground amongst the plain, flat land around it. No one has ever dared to even step close to the hill, they would usually keep a 5 metres distance from the circumference of the base of the hill.

 

Rumours came in about having to meet a ghost, vampire or even a werewolf at the top of the hill. Probably made up by those pesky little kids that usually visited the area with their parents. Kids sure do have a wide imagination.

 

Only one man however, had stepped foot on that hill. Even climbed to its peak. He always had a long, torn coat draped around his shoulders, a hood that covered his head as well. He walked with his back bent, head low, thus causing many to fear him. There was a mysterious aura around him, even the security guard who watches the area never knew how he looked like. All that security guard knew was that this man visited the area every once a year, on the 15th of October.

 

--

 

“Eunhyuk-ah!” Leeteuk cried for the nth time. It was always hard to wake that little lazy monkey who was basically married to his bed.

 

Leeteuk and Eunhyuk has been best friends since high school and now that they're in college, they rented a cozy two-bedroom apartment for the both of them. They hardly ever fought, their worse fight was when Leeteuk accidentally threw away Eunhyuk's freshly grown bananas that he had just harvested from their backyard. Eunhyuk never spoke to Leeteuk for a whole week, until he had noticed his banana tree began to sprout new produce again.

 

“Mmm, 5 more minutes hyung...” Eunhyuk mumbled as he placed the pillow over his head, muffling the sounds of the naggy bestfriend.

 

Leeteuk sighed and stretched out his arm, looking at his wrist to calculate if they would still be late if Eunhyuk had slept for an extra five minutes. He nodded his head and headed to the kitchen, deciding that it would save time if he had prepared breakfast beforehand.

 

When he heard his bedroom door close shut, Eunhyuk rubbed his eyes and sat up on his bed. He heaved a sigh and looked out the window. 'Another day of school.' He opened the drawer next to his bed and pulled out a little photo frame. The photo frame was made of clay, had little bananas and strawberries as the borders and a finishing touch with a monkey's head above the photo. That photo frame was made when he was in middle school, during art class. Leeteuk called him gay for painting those girlish things on his frame.

 

Eunhyuk laughed a little, remiscing the past. It has been 14 years since he and Leeteuk first met. He caressed the photo with his thumb, it was a photo of 3 people; himself, Leeteuk and a boy that bloated his cheeks like a little fish.

 

He felt a little tear roll down his cheek as he remembered the day oh so well, he missed that little fish boy, he missed everything about him. His smile, his warm hugs, his little giggles as well as his vanilla scented hair.

 

He hugged the frame tightly close to his chest as he let out a little sob.  

 

--

{characters: 3132 words: 583}