One

Can't Breathe Without You (But I Have To)

It's been a year.

A year since the boy had left, gone, leaving him all broken, almost impossible to fix. Jimin had been trying to pick his trail of broken hearts up along the whole year, and yet, he knew that there's still plenty left.

It's been very difficult for him and though Jeongguk had helped him a lot through the year, trying to fill Yoongi's spot for Jimin, it didn't felt the same.

-

Jimin had always liked fantasies. He has a lot of books and he had skimmed through all the pages printed on it. He likes to believe that all those are real, that he might experience it someday in front of his eyes. Not in his brain.

Jimin has his own favorite. The one that he reads over and over, making the smooth white pages slowly crumpled. The one that he wants to experience the most since last year.

Comet. The shooting star.

They said that when you wish on a shooting star, it will come true. and yes, Jimin is going to try. He always wanted to try.

As in cue, the reporter on the news saying his lines out as rehearsed, successfully catching Jimin's attention as he started to doze off. "-you can stand by at 11pm and watch as the rain of comets shower the night sky. This is Seungho, from MSC news reporting."

11pm. All or nothing. He's going to do it, not letting himself thinking the possibility of failure and stayed optimistic.

I'm going to meet Yoongi-hyung tonight.

The thought makes his heart thump as he scurried off his bed to take a fast shower. He picks out his favorite clothing--a plain white shirt with a skinny jeans and snapback. He leans in to the mirror, his hair still messy and wet, deciding to leave his hair untouched because Yoongi once said that he likes his messy hair best.

Jimin heads off to the drawer beside his bed, searching for Yoongi's ring--a ring given to him on their third anniversary. He still remembers that day--vivid images starts to play in his mind.

Yoongi proposes to him. Jimin remembers, Yoongi kneeling in front of him, looking even more handsome than before. Yoongi reaching out for his jacket pocket, taking out a small black box. It doesn't take a genius to figure out what's he's doing and jimin was all red faced. Yoongi said that he didn't have that much money to buy an expensive ring for him and Jimin shuts him up with a soft kiss. He pulled away first and looked into yoongi's eyes deeply and whispers that its the most beautiful ring he had ever seen and he'll marry him.

He'd do anything to bring back that smile painted on Yoongi's face at that time.

Jimin knows how precious the ring is to Yoongi--a possession from his late father that he loved dearly.

He snapped out from the past, shaking his head and continues to search for the ring. His face begins to sweat when he had opened all the drawers and theres still no sign of the ring.

Frantically, he stood up, trying to remember where did he put it last time. His breath slowly becoming erratic. The brown haired boy forces himself to calm down. pieces of memories are connecting in his brain as he found out that the ring might be left at Jeongguk's house.

Hurriedly, he grabs a jacket and put it on messily. After fumbling with his pockets for some seconds, he finally found his phone and dials Jeongguk's number.

"Hello?" the voice on the other line of phone sounds groggy. Jimin guesses that the young boy had been sleeping.

"Jeongguk? Did I left Yoongi's ring yesterday at your house?" he heard a thud and jeongguk's voice cursing through the phone. It seems like he fell down from his bed. "Yeah, yeah. I forgot to text you yesterday, it's here." Jimin let his breath out, feeling relieved.

"I'll be there in five minutes yeah?" he can almost see jeongguk smiling and mumbles an "okay, hyung" to Jimin, making him smiles too.

-

"I'm so sorry. I woke you up didn't I?" Jeongguk manages a nod, a smirk painting his face. "Yeah. I'll forgive you if you do something for me."

Jimin had learned that whatever Jeongguk wished for are always dangerous, but nothing he could not handle so he shrugs, "go ahead."

Jeongguk's eyes darkens as he leans forward, slowly but surely. His lips hovers over Jimin's lips, barely touching, making him shudders. "Kookie," he breathes over the younger's lips.

"Mhmm?" Jeongguk mumbles as his fingers leaving trails of ghosts on Jimin's jawline. The older groans and grabs Jeongguk's wrist, "don't tease me."

The younger boy smiles and crashes his lips to the older. Jimin had always took a liking on jeongguk's kisses. Harsh, but not too harsh, enough to make his whole body tingles with sparks. His lips are plump and soft becomes even more pliable everytime Jimin explores it.

The younger boy bites his lower lips, making a moan escapes from his mouth. Their tongue battles for dominance, but Jimin doesn't even want to waste his energy on this and let Jeongguk savors the taste of his mouth. One of his hands found it's way towards the younger boy's shirt, and the other places on his hips, leaving red angry marks as he digs his fingers deeper on it.

Jimin trails his fingers on Jeongguk's stomach, feeling the softness of the skin and the abs of the younger that begins to show. He can feel Jeongguk whimpering at the touch and the black haired boy begins to lose control on his kiss.

They're still kissing sloppily and Jimin's hands had not gone any further down when Jeongguk's phone suddenly rings--making the two boy jump away from each other.

Jeongguk, with his swollen lips and some red marks on his skin, grumbles some cursing as he reaches his phone and silences it before he can see the caller ID.

"Jeongguk, the mood is ruined," the older starts before the younger can starts kissing him again. He see the younger pouts and admits that he looks really hot, with jimin's marks on his milky white skin and messy hair and all, but he remembers his real purpose coming here.

"I'm going to see the comet tonight. It'll be on 11pm, a hour from now. I can't miss it," he explains as he puts his messy hair back on the snapback and puts on his jacket again, that somehow had ended up on the floor when they're kissing.

Jeongguk's face turns sour. Jimin tries to ignore it, knowing what the younger would say and so he stood up hurriedly and bid a goodbye to the younger quickly with a smile that he hopes could soften him.

No such luck.

Jeongguk wraps his fingers tightly on Jimin's wrist, forcing him to face the younger's hard look. "I know we're not official yet. I know you're still trying to open your heart for me. I know you're still in love with him, but please. Please, just stay with me this time Jimin," Jeongguk pleads, looking as if he's about to fall anytime now.

"It's been five goddamn years jimin. Five. You left me once, and now you're going to leave me again?"

Jimin tries hard not to cry, not to pull Jeongguk's fragile body to his and hugs him untill theres no more of his warmth left, not to kiss him right there in the spot, softly and says that he'll stay, but he can't. This is a really important night. Probably once in a lifetime chance, he needs to know if this will work. If he'll get to see Yoongi again.

"Jeongguk, hey. I'll be back alright? I'll come straight here tomorrow," his voice trembles a bit when he see hurt and anger flashes through the younger's eyes. jeongguk shook his head furiously, letting go of his wrist and shot a poisonous glare to him.

"No, nevermind. go away. I'm stupid. I thought I can replace him, but after all these five years, I'm just another dongsaeng to you after all, right hyung?"

"N-no! Jeongguk listen, this is really important. I swear we can do anything you like tomorrow but not tonight I-" the door slams in front of him before he can finish his sentence, "-i'm sorry....," Jimin whispers, tears threatening to spill.

The air got colder somehow and he shudders, pulling his jacket tighter around his body. He was just about to knock on Jeongguk's door to apologize when his phone buzzed--a reminder. 15 minutes left.

Jimin stares on the door and whispers another apology, before he leaves.

 

 

-

Okay so i found this in my draft and I thought since I've wrote it better publish it so here we are yayy!!! this is literally my first fic so be soft with me and i cant grammar for . english is not my first language;;