one.

Ain't No Need To Go Outside

 

Working a nine-to-five job has Kyungsoo going about his weekdays on a permanent schedule. At six, he gets up, untangles himself from long limbs and climbs into the shower. At six-thirty, he’s showered, deodorized, and dressed, fixing the cuffs of his dress shirt. At seven, he gives up trying to wake up Jongin who has to go into the studio to finish choreographing that week’s dance lesson. At seven-fifteen, he has the coffee brewer working and the pan heating up so he can cook that morning’s breakfast. Somewhere between seven-thirty and seven-forty-five, Luhan joins him in the kitchen, pressing up against his back all sleepy and groggy, the older’s thin arms around his waist.

"It’s too early."

"I have work."

At eight, they sit at the dining table, hands to each of their own breakfast, but with an ankle hooked over the other’s. At eight-fifteen, they’ll hear the rustling of sheets and a loud yawn from the bedroom. Jongin joins them at approximately eight-seventeen. This is when things become a little bit spontaneous. Sometimes, Jongin will sit on Kyungsoo’s lap and force him to feed him. Sometimes, he’ll sit on Luhan’s lap, where the older already has his chopsticks held up to the youngest’s mouth. Other times, Jongin will sit across the two of them, stretch his legs out underneath the table to rest his feet on their thighs and feed himself. After breakfast is finished, at eight-thirty, kyungsoo will excuse himself from the table and remind the other two to rock-paper-scissors their way through figuring out who will do the dishes. They’ll give him a well-practiced raised brow that makes him roll his eyes, put down his messenger bag on the couch and walk over to them. They’ll both have matching grins when he bends down to give each of them a kiss on the cheek, if only because that’s the most affection they’ll be getting from him for the next eight hours - no random texts or calls whatsoever.

But none of that happens this particular morning because, when Kyungsoo wakes up at the usual six, there’s no soft glow of sunlight hitting his face from the bedside window and there’s no light sheen of sweat forming at the back of his neck where the pillow is usually sticking to. In fact, it’s still quite dark when he opens his eyes and the wind breezing in quite strongly has Luhan and Jongin sticking to each side of his torso, looking for warmth. He yawns silently and untangles himself from the two next to him, sitting up slowly to look out their window. It’s dark and gloomy and there’s millions of fat droplets of rain falling onto the pavement outside. Eyes still half-closed, he closes the glass window to keep the rain from coming in and drizzling all over their shared bed.

"There’s a storm," Luhan croaks from behind him, arm curling tighter around Kyungsoo’s hips just as Jongin’s thigh weighs down one of his own. Still staring out of the window he nods sleepily, and rubs at his eyes. "I can tell."

"Get some more sleep, we can have late breakfast in bed."

"I can’t go back to sleep now, I’m already awake," he answers, lying back down anyway.

"That’s kind of the point of going back to sleep, you idiot." Luhan chuckles, his throat as dry as his lips where they meet Kyungsoo’s jaw.

"You know what I mean. Besides, I’ll mess up my body clock if I do."

"I’ll mess you two up if you don’t shut up." Jongin doesn’t usually wake up this early, but when he does, it’s not exactly the greatest event of the day.

"I should text my boss."

"Just go to sleep, Kyungsoo. You could use the day off."

He mulls it over, weighs the pros and cons a bit while Luhan and Jongin breathe in the dead skin cells from his neck. It wouldn’t be so bad, he supposes, he hasn’t taken a sick leave yet the entire year and they haven’t had a chance to just laze in bed like this in a while. Once he’s made up his mind, he turns his head to tell Luhan that fine, he’ll stay home, but instead of the ecstatic expression he was expecting to see, he’s met with closed eyes and soft morning-breaths hitting him in the face.

He rolls his eyes with practiced ease and settles back against the pillows as comfortably as he can with two grown men on either side of him, weighing his body down against the bed.