Final

Winter Love

 

On a snowy evening in Seoul, a group of six college students relaxed at their favorite café, Café Heaven(Note: NOT A REAL CAFÉ). Right now, they were laughing at something Chanyeol, the very tall guy with glasses, had said. The girl to his right, nicknamed Lizzy, was laughing hysterically to the point where the other’s weren’t sure if she was in pain or not. The youngest girl next to the hysterical girl, was Krystal, or Soojung, as she was affectionately called. She was drinking her favorite latte while smiling and lightly giggling at her friends. The girl next to Krystal, Hara, was the oldest in the group. Hara was lightly smacking the table from the laughter as she didn’t want to spill her drink. Kibum, or Key, who was next to Hara, was also laughing, almost at the same intensity as Lizzy. And the last guy, on the left of Chanyeol, was Gongchan. With his head in the palm of his left hand, it didn’t look like he was paying any attention to what was going on, except for the girl right across from him. He would casually glance at her, not trying to be obvious. (Let’s see what’s going on in his head, shall we?)

 

‘Sigh… Soojung looks so pretty right now, drinking her latte. I wish I could give her that latte everyday just to see her smile at me. When will I ever admit my feelings to you? Sigh…’

 

“Yah! Gongchan!” Gongchan snapped out of his day-dream state and looked over at Key, who had shaken his arm. “You okay, man?”

 

“Oh, yeah. I’m fine. Just thinking.”

 

“Well, that is our Chanshik~,” Hara said as she reached forward and messed up his hair.

 

“Yah!” Gongchan said as the rest of the table giggled at him, including Krystal. Gongchan blushed slightly at her action.

 

“Well, guys. I must go. Got to meet up with the fiancé,” Key said proudly.

 

“I still can’t believe you’re getting married, but Narae is a lucky girl.” Hara said. Key and Hara hugged in happiness.

 

“Aw, no!” Krystal said loudly as she checked her phone.

 

“What’s wrong?” Lizzy asked.

 

“My sister’s busy at work so I have to walk home alone.” Krystal pouted at her predicament. Gongchan stared at Krystal, admiring her features, especially her pouted lips. Chanyeol noticed this and smirked. He had known about Gongchan’s crush on Krystal. Even though he never told Chanyeol about his crush, he could DEFINITELY tell just by the way he looked at her. Chanyeol then concocted a plan.

 

“Hey, Gongchan. Why don’t you walk Krystal home?” Gongchan and Krystal looked at Chanyeol in utter surprise. While Krystal shyly pushed her hair behind her ear, Gongchan placed his hands on his lap from embarrassment.

 

“Yeah, Gongchan. We can’t let the maknae go alone,” concurred Lizzy.

 

“Well, I, umm…” Gongchan started.

 

“It’s alright, Gongchan,” Krystal spoke up. Gongchan looked up at Krystal. “You don’t have to do it if you don’t want to.” Gongchan smiled at her sincerity.

 

“Well, I want him to do it. So, as your elders, you shall walk her home,” Key replied with a smile. Both Krystal and Gongchan blushed as everyone got up from their seats.

 

As they exited the cafe, everyone said bye to each other. Before Gongchan and Krystal could start walking, Chanyeol grabbed Gongchan’s shoulder and whispered “You’re welcome.” before he walked away with a happy smile on his face. Gongchan’s face, on the other hand, was blushing like crazy. Krystal stood waiting for Gongchan as he quickly caught up to her. “After you,” he said as they started walking.

 

For the first few minutes, neither of them dared to speak, mostly because they had no idea what to talk about. All they could focus on were their thoughts and the snowflakes surrounding them. Finally, Krystal spoke.

 

“I’m sorry that the others put you up to this,” Krystal apologized. “It wasn’t my intention to bring you along.”

 

“Oh no! It’s not a problem at all,” Gongchan reassured. “I also didn’t want you to walk on your own.” Gongchan his his face within his scarf as he was blushing. He didn’t even notice that Krystal was blushing too.

 

After a bit, Gongchan heard teeth chattering coming from his side. He looked over and saw that Krystal’s neck and chin were completely bare. Seeing this, he stopped walking, making Krystal stop with him.

 

“What?” Krystal asked.

 

“You’re shivering. Here.” Gongchan than unraveled his scarf from his neck and proceeded to wrap it around Krystal’s. He paused for a minute, realizing how close their faces were to each other. He held the scarf’s end and just stared at Krystal’s eyes.

 

“Ummmm, you warmer now?” Krystal could only nod her head as she was caught up in her own words. “Lets, um, keep going then.” Krystal gave a quiet yeah, and they began to walk again.

 

In a few more minutes, they finally reached Krystal and her sister, Jessica’s, small house. Gongchan started to walk away when Krystal stopped him.

 

“Where are you going?”

 

“I’m going back to my house. I’ve walked you back home and since no harm has been done to you, my job is done.” Gongchan smiles with both his eyes and mouth and Krystal can’t help but blush again.

 

“But, where do you live?”

 

“Oh, I live all the way across town.” Krystal’s eyes bulged at his answer.

 

“But, doesn’t that mean that you have to walk back to the café and even farther? At this time of night?” Gongchan nods his head confusedly. She rolled her eyes and walked to her door. Seeing this as a sign to leave, Gongchan started to walk away. “Yah!” Gongchan turned back to see Krystal holding her door out. “Well? You coming in? Or am going to drag you in myself?” At first Gongchan looked surprised and shook his head, but once the icy glare from Krystal came out, Gongchan knew he had no choice but to follow.

 

As he walked into Krystal’s apartment, he got more and more nervous about what was going to happen. ‘I really hope I don’t do anything stupid.’ He then got distracted by Krystal talking off her coat and his scarf. ‘Gah~ She’s so beautiful. How am I friends with this beauty? Sigh…’

 

“Hey, Gonchan? You there?” Gongchan snapped awake and looked at Krystal.

 

“Huh?” Gongchan asked. Krystal rolled her eyes and Gongchan couldn’t help but giggle.

 

“I just asked if you wanted to watch TV or something. And then you didn’t answer so I got worried.” She mumbled that last part shyly, but Gongchan heard it anyway.

 

“Well, I guess so. Now sit down, m’lady,” Gongchan jokingly said. Krystal ‘meronged’ Gongchan and the TV. Gongchan casually sat himself on the right side of the couch across the TV and crossed his right leg onto his left. Once Krystal the TV and grabbed the remote, she sat right next to Gongchan, making him blush slightly. Krystal was flipping through channels until she squealed at the TV screen. Gongchan raised his eyebrows at Krystal.

 

“What? I like this movie.”

 

“You like ‘Darkness Beware’(Note: NOT A REAL MOVIE)? Isn’t it a scary movie? I though you hated scary movies.”

 

“Well, I like this one. Why? Do you have any objections?” Krystal moved her face a bit closer to Gongchan’s. Gongchan froze and gulped at the closeness and ultimately shook his head. “Good.” Krystal gave him and eyesmile and turned toward the TV. After Gongchan got over the fact that Krystal’s face was close to his, he turned and watched the TV.

 

While the movie was going on, neither of them noticed that Krystal had wrapped her arms around Gongchan’s left arm, preparing for if she got frightened. A scary creature popped up and Krystal hid in Gongchan’s shoulder to which Gongchan reacted surprised.

 

“You okay?” Gongchan asked. Krystal looked up from his shoulder and blushed at the sudden close proximity.

 

“I am now,” she replied as she smiled. Gongchan smiled back at her. They stayed like that, getting lost in one another’s eyes. Eventually, both of them slowly leaned in toward each other until their lips connected.

 

At first, nothing really happened and their lips just stayed in place. But, as if it came naturally, they began to move their lips together. The kiss was very soft and not too demanding. Everything around them didn’t was unnoticeable by the two as they perfectly moved in sync. Krystal moaned slightly when Gongchan placed his right hand gently on her left cheek. After a few minutes, they slowly let go of the kiss. They were both panting a bit from lack of oxygen. Gongchan cleared his throat, let his hand drop to his side, and looked down.

 

“I-I’m sorry, Krystal. I didn’t mean to do that. Please forgive me.” Gongchan’s face was completely red from embarrassment on how he accidentally kissed his crush.

 

“No no. That’s fine. I actually, kind of, liked it.” Their roles switched as Krystal hid her blushing face with her hair and Gongchan looked surprised.

 

“Um, can I tell you something?” Krystal looked up a little and nodded her head. “I like you. And not just in a friend way. I like you more than that. You’re smile makes me feel happy, even when I had just been sad. Your voice sounds like music to my ears every time I hear you talk and sing. You’re really, REALLY pretty. So pretty I can’t stand it! Every time I’m near you, butterflies start to fly around my stomach and-“ Gongchan was silenced by Krystal’s lips colliding with his. It lasted only a second, but it shut him right up.

 

“Are you always this chatty?” Krystal asked with a big grin spread across her face.

 

“Um, n-n-not all the time,” Gongchan shyly replies.

 

“So, you like me?” Gongchan nods his head. “Well…” Krystal paused and bit her lip. “I like you too.” Gongchan looked completely shocked at what she said.

 

“Really?” Krystal nodded. “Wow. You kept that well hidden.”

 

“So did you.” They both giggled. It went silent for a bit before Gongchan spoke up.

 

“So, what does this mean for us, Soojung?” Krystal went closer to his face and this time, Gongchan didn’t feel nervous.

 

“I don’t know, Chanshik. You tell me.” Both of them smirked before locking lips for the third time, smiling into the kiss. Gongchan wrapped his arms around her small waist while Krystal wrapped hers around his neck. They spent the rest of the night in each other’s arms, feeling happier than ever before.

 

Later that night

 

“Soojung-ah! I’m sorry that I couldn’t pick you up! I was just busy at work and it was snowing really…” Jessica stopped mid-sentence when she saw two people curled up on the couch. She went closer to realize that Krystal and Gongchan had fallen asleep, hugging each other. Krystal's head snuggled into Gongchan's chest and Gongchan's chin being propped up by Krystal's head. Jessica’s grin grew wider at the cute moment. She silently went up stairs and brought down a huge blanket to cover them with. Once they were covered, Jessica whispered “Sweet dreams, love birds.” as she left the two alone, sleeping happily…

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi, my fellow readers and writers! I really hope you liked this fic. I'm really proud of it because honestly, it feels like one of my better fics, structure wise. Also, all I think of when GongStal pops up is fluff, fluff, and more FLUFF, so I tried my best to make it fluffy. Enjoy!

Comment, subscribe, and/or upvote if you like.

Love Ya! <3

Geeky