ch.1

Delirium

 

 

 

An intense air breezing in slow movements circled around a stationary body clad in a loose, inky black dress, sweeping across the pleated gown hem, cold, tinted cheeks and fevered skin. Several moments entangle together of this calming air ensue, then as eyelashes flutter in motion her vision opened up to this new world.

There’s a sky above blackened by the dead of night. A dearth of twinkling stars, neither a crescent moon to complement it, just a darkness surrounding from all sides.

The fallen: a girl unfolding her heavy eyelids, begins to wonder why she could be laying near a lone cabin house by the porch grass outside, in the middle of the night.

Moist grass tickles the back of her bare legs when she moves to sit up, dragging her bare feet closer to herself. Her vision adjusts a bit to the environment as there’s a mild throbbing going on towards the center of her temples. She checks to see if she has scratches or any harmful marks on the body, see if she was hurt enough to pass out and that is the reason for being out here. Perhaps she has even forgotten because the fall may have snapped her head out of consciousness.

Something told her that one had be true, and her assumptions inches more towards the latter.

The grass floor can barely be seen, covered by a thick layer of china pink mist that clings to the girl’s frame and every other plant life, even surfacing in the air as well. The mist travels down a non-existent line, revealing a cobble stone swiveling pathway from the cabin house leading through a large, vast plantation of abnormally tall trees; a forest.

“In the middle of nowhere...?” she mutters silently to herself, staring at the forest. She stares at it, and focuses intently. The leaves shudders and shakes, then as she gets closer, some leaves turn into violets, flush and painted the forest mysteriously purple.

Her feet smooth against the paved cobblestone path as she walks toward the center forest. She grabs random branches sticking out in her way, irregular swirling branches, bends underneath them and steps one leg followed by the other in order to get back on the glowing path again. She leans forward, a force pushes her on all fours, and next thing Ahra knows, she’s looking up face-first to a wooden sign:

WELCOME TO THE LAND OF DREAMS.

Population: 1