The Thing About The F Word

The Thing About The F Word

“Would you rather him or him?”

Minho is browsing through potential photos to be used as teasers for his upcoming solo album on a staff’s laptop when Taemin drops himself right beside him on the couch and throws the question out in the open. It may seem out of the blue but Minho can’t say he is surprised. What catches Minho entirely off-guard though is the language Taemin decides to use.

They may be left by themselves in Minho’s private waiting room but the older of the two still thinks it’s best to be mindful of their behaviour in public because anyone could walk in any moment. Hearing such a crude question coming from the supposedly innocent maknae will definitely cause jaws to drop and set tongues wagging.

Minho has half the mind to nag at Taemin but he stops himself, knowing very well Taemin would just give him the side eye. Instead, he raises an eyebrow at his boyfriend who is visiting him on set and has been watching the shoot from behind the scenes.

“ who?” Minho asks, both amused and confused.

“Him,” This time round as he repeats his question, Taemin points at the current photo of Minho displayed on the laptop before pointing at his own teaser image shown on his phone, “Or him?”

Minho looks at both photos before he meets Taemin’s eyes again, “Are you seriously asking if I would rather myself or you?”

“Yes.” Taemin answers without hesitating, as serious as can be.

A corner of Minho’s lips quirks up, “Tell me, will you choose to yourself, Taem?”

Taemin looks at his teaser image, just one out of the many in which he is shirtless, and shrugs, “Why not? I look able… and hyung, don’t you remember? You proved it when my teasers were released.”

Instantly, Minho remembers one fine morning where he didn’t allow Taemin to get off the bed even though the maknae’s priority was filling his stomach with a hearty breakfast.

Laughing at the memory, Minho nods, “Point taken.”

“Mmhmm,” Taemin smiles, “So? Your answer?”

“I’m curious… who would you rather ?”

“I can’t decide. That’s why I’m asking you, hyung.”

Sometimes, it’s hard to understand how Taemin’s brain works so the easy way out, as Minho has realised, is to leave it as it is, not ask any questions, and just think Taemin.

“Well, I do look good in this shot, don’t I?” Minho praises himself and goes on to ponder out loud, “Imagine how I’d look if I was shirtless like you though…”

Silence falls as both Minho and Taemin allow their imagination to work. It’s quiet for a moment too long and Minho is just about to check on Taemin when he suddenly feels his boyfriend’s hands pushing his blazer off his shoulders.

“What do you think you’re doing?” Minho asks as he instinctively moves away, trying to stop Taemin from removing his blazer.

Holding on to the lapels of Minho’s jacket, Taemin pulls his boyfriend back towards him and replies with a hint of annoyance in his voice, “Stripping you, what else?”

“Seriously?” Minho asks, surprised, “Right now?”

“Yeah, why should I imagine when I can just see it with my own eyes?”

“Taem, the stylists are going to kill me if the blazer gets creased.”

“Then stop moving and let me take this irritating piece of cloth off you.”

“No can do.” Minho says as he stands up and straightens his blazer, “I’ve to go back on set very soon.”

“Hyung…” Looking up at Minho from the couch, Taemin pouts.

“Nope, not gonna work.” Minho isn’t going through all the fuss of taking off his clothes just to show Taemin, who has already seen him shirtless countless of times, how he’ll look like topless, “You know it’s a hassle to change outfits, Taem…”

Taemin narrows his eyes at Minho, “You’re doing this on purpose, aren’t you?”

Before Minho can reply, the photographer’s assistant comes in and informs him that everyone is ready to continue from where they left off.

As Minho shrugs at him with a smile before he gets back to work, Taemin is left feeling a little frustrated. What makes things worse is that the longer the photo shoot takes, the more frustrated Taemin gets. With each shot, Taemin feels like he is slowly transported to a strip club.

It starts with Minho’s tie, and then that damn blazer, third the top three buttons of his shirt before the actual shirt itself gets thrown aside and finally (thankfully) ending with his belt being unbuckled.

Just seeing Minho shirtless on set answers all of Taemin’s questions.

Is Minho doing it on purpose?

Absolutely.

Would he rather Minho or himself?

Well, let’s just say, as soon as the photo shoot ended, Taemin locks them both in the waiting room, cornering Minho, and letting his actions speak for him.