Chapter 21

1st Bestfriend -vs- 1st Love!

 

(Leeteuk POV)

It’s already been 3 hours since Hyukkie’s been transfer to normal ward and he still unconscious. Howon request a single ward for Hyukkie earlier to get some privacy. He didn't want any voice disturb Hyukkie right now. He do everything for Hyukkie, I'm so glad to have him cares Hyukkie.

But I still can’t believe this is all happening to Hyukkie, our beloved Hyukkie. He looks so pale and weak lying in that white bed while Hoya’s always by him side, holding Hyukkie’s hand and he never stop crying since I'm arrived here. 

I can’t stop thinking what will happen next. Hyukkie, he does not deserve any of this. He should be happy together with Hoya or Hae. Not like now, lying weakly on hospital bed! I'm pity of him.

Hae is now officially being WHAT.SO.EVER.HER.NAME.IS fiancé and I believe this is the main reason why Hyukkie been found unconscious in middle of the rain. I'm so thankful to Hoya for saving Hyukkie back then. He just being in the right time, and right place.

I know, Hyukkie must be heartbroken right now and unfortunately another bad news comes all over him again. 

What can I do to help him? I keep crying from the moment I step in this hospital! Then I feel Kangin’s arm on my waist from my back, hugging me tightly. “Baby, please be strong, for Hyukkie…” Kangin whispers to my ears. I look to him trough my shoulder and give him my weak smile. Yes, I should be strong for him, not crying all day long.

.

.

“H-hyung!! See this… Hyukjae… He moves his fingers!!” Hoya said to us and he shows his intertwine fingers with Hyukkie. We all gather around Hyukkie’s hospital bed and waiting for another movement from his weak body. And yes, he moves his fingers again.

"H-hangeng, please h-help me to inform the nurse a-about Hyukkie c-condition.” I asked Hangeng a favor and he nodded to me. I can see Heechul follow hin steps out from the ward.

Dongwoo already back hugging Hoya to calm him down and I can hear Hoya’s mumbling “Please be safe, Hyukjae” for about a thousand time. I can see Hoya really love Hyukkie and I thanks for that.

I’m holding Kangin’s hand tightly while waiting for Hyukkie conscious. Kangin alrealy my back. After a minute of silence, I saw Hyukkie slowly open his eyes. He blinking for couples of time and he look around.

“Howon? Is that really you? Errr, where am I?” He shows us his weak smile and he asked Hoya with his husky voice. Thank God for let us hears Hyukkie’s voice again! Thanks God! I can see Hoya’s trembling hand holding his, never let him go. 

“H-hyukjae... M-me and Dongwoo f-found you unconscious on the r-roadside… Y-you’re in h-hospital...” Hoya manages to form a sentence with his stutters voice.

He must be worried right now and I saw him stand beside Hyukkie’s bed and he kiss Hyukkie’s forehead. Hyukkie hugs   him and Hyukkie's crying on his embrace. I don’t know why but I’m so sad watching this situation. Then I feel Kangin pull me into his embrace and he let me cry on his shoulder.

After that, doctor come together with Hangeng and Chullie to check Hyukkie’s condition. I can see Hoya try to let go Hyukkie’s hand but Hyukkie didn’t allow him to. Hoya nodded understand Hyukkie’s request and he just stay beside Hyukkie on his bed.

I hope everything will be fine.

(End of Leeteuk POV)

.

.

.

(Hyukkie POV)

Once I open my eyes, I can see Howon’s beautiful face. I must be dreaming, how come Howon can be with me since the last thing I remember is I’m standing alone staring the busy traffic in front me. I blink my eyes again just to make sure Howon is real.

“Howon? Is that really you? Errr, where am I?” I can feel his warm hand holding tightly with mine. I’m always having this comfort feeling with him. I smile to him because I know he’s real.

“H-hyukjae... M-me and Dongwoo f-found you unconscious on the r-roadside… Y-you’re in h-hospital...” He stutters.

They must be worried right now and then I can feel his soft lips on my forehead. I miss his body agains mine and I'm hugging him tightly. Only him can make me forget about Hae, and I’m crying at his chest. I miss Howon, I really miss him. I know Hae is not mine anymore and I wish Hae will be happy with his soon to be wife.

Then doctor comes to me and Howon try to let go my hand. But I won’t let him because I need him by my side right now. He smiles to me and nodded at me. How I wish I've never falling to Hae before....

After doctor check my condition, he look at me. “You’re fine for now, Mr Lee and I’m already asked Mr Park to run some test to you.” Huh? Run some test? For what?

“Can I ask you why I need to attend that test, doctor?” I can feel Howon's hand trembling around mine. He afraid about something and honestly, I've bad feelings about this. Don't tell me................

“Mr Lee, we're suspect that you might have a liver cancer. So we already asked Mr Park to run some test on you and he’s agreed.” Doctor explain to me.

Ohhhhh... I guess right... I might have a liver cancer... I don’t know what to say. I’m shock but actually not too shock. Ermmm, how can I describe about it? Since my late mom died because of this disease so I’m aware I might got the same disease from the start and I'm prepare for it.

Honestly, I’m not afraid to die but I’m really afraid to say goodbye. That’s all. Hurmm so that’s why Howon look so worried? Now his trembling hand starts to sweat. He looks at me with his teary eyes.

“Ermmm Doc, is liver cancer is hereditary?” I asked doctor while my eyes still on Howon's eyes.

“Some of them got this disease from hereditary. Is there any of your family got this disease before?” Now everyone's eyes look at me. I’m intertwining my hand with Hoya’s trembling hand and I take a deep breath.

“Yes, my late mother……” I said in low voice.

.

.

.

I'm done my test after 4hours and nurse have send me back to my ward and I can see Howon sleep on chair next to my bed. After the nurse helping me to lie down to my bed, I look at Howon’s face. He's got puffy eyes and red cheeks. He must be cry a lot. I touch his face and I can see he stir from his sleep. I smile to him.

“Hyukjae… Are you feel better?” He looks at me and I’m his cheek. I really wish I can love him again… Please God, let me love him again...

“Yes, much better now... And you, Howon? I'm sorry if I scares you... Where are the others?” I asked him. He’s holding my hand on his cheek and he kissing my palm. He put back my palm on his cheek. 

“Please don’t worry about me, I’m not the one who lying on the hospital bed, Hyukjae. Hehe. The rest already get back to their dorm since only one person who alowed to stay here... Ermm Hyukjae, I told them to keep this secret until you tell your friends by yourself. Is it okay with you?” He said to me.

I giggle on his word. He really understands me. He knows what I feel and he really cares about me.

“Yeah, you're not the one who lying here but you looks terrible than me! Haha! Howon... Thanks for all of this, you save me again. You must be worried a lot, I'm sorry... Erm, can I ask you something? Howon, are you afraid?” I said to him while his cheek. 

He move from his seat and he lie down next to me on my bed. I put my head on his chest and he circles his arm around my waist. It is so comforting.

“I’m afraid to lose you, Hyukjae. I’m promise I’ll always be by your side, please let me, Hyukjae… If you're positive for liver cancer, please let me to take care of you. I'll find the way to make you healthier like before and I'm willing to give you my liver if I need to...” He whispers to me and he kiss my hair.

This is Howon that I know, he always be my savior. I know he always be here for me. Even I love Hae, but I can’t deny that I still have feelings to Howon. How do you expect me to forget my 10 years first love in instant? And I believe, no one can do that!

I look into his eyes and I cupped his face. I lean closer to him and I can feel his hot breathing. I kiss his lips. Sweet kiss with no lust. He look shock at my sudden kiss but then he respond to my kiss. I close my eyes to feel his soft lips beautifully dance on mine and our kiss last for about 20 seconds. We parted our kiss and then he look into my eyes with his brown eyes. Howon, he so charming.

“Please, let me follow you back to Japan, Howon…...........”

(End of Hyukkie POV)

 

 

Author note: SORRY FOR MY LATE UPDATE!! And sorry for my bad English! I don't know who will end up with Hyukkie but I'll try my best on this fic... Please enjoy and leave your comment, okay?? Love Ya! ^^

Please don't expect the cliche ending from me :))